• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Minamu

5 meters from the swamp boat :'( We did fine until the double tank battle. One tank dies from fire, the other from bullets. Everyone gets rezzed, I get a stone in my head with the boat in sight :'( Everyone but me makes it :lol

Branduil

Minamu said:
5 meters from the swamp boat :'( We did fine until the double tank battle. One tank dies from fire, the other from bullets. Everyone gets rezzed, I get a stone in my head with the boat in sight :'( Everyone but me makes it :lol
Once you kill the two tanks you really just have to throw every pipe bomb and bile jar you have left. That way you "only" have to worry about the tank and not the hordes.

Volcynika

New Blog

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=4194

Here's Looking at You
August 12, 2010 - Chet Faliszek

2 Evil Eyes, Summer Sale, and Upcoming DLC.

We are starting a new feature for PC players this week. Bi-weekly community campaigns!

Every two weeks we are going to feature a new community campaign on our servers. We will feature one campaign at a time to make it is easier to find games. We’ll be keeping it featured for two weeks so people can familiarize themselves with the maps for competitive play.

We currently have 120 servers setup around the world with the first featured campaign – 2 Evil Eyes.

For PC users here is how you can join us playing 2 Evil Eyes:

Download Left 4 Dead 2 Add-on support in the tools tab of the Steam library.

Download the following campaign from our friends at L4Dmaps.com.

Double clicking the vpk should install it but you can also copy the vpk to \Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons Either way that is where the vpks need to end up.

Start up Left 4 Dead 2.
Choose to play online and any available game/lobby in your area will show up. Or you can create your own game and choose addons and select 2 Evil Eyes for the campaign.

Since we have the servers up, you can choose Official Dedicated for server type.

We’ll be looking for you online! Watch out for the rock! You’ll know what I mean when you play.

If you have any troubles or questions on playing community content please post in this thread.

Summer Sale
Don’t waste your time going to the mall for back to school clothes, replace your entire wardrobe with Left 4 Dead gear! The Valve Store has been updated and is running a sale on L4D/L4D2 merchandise through August 17.

Upcoming DLC
So what happened with the third DLC for Left 4 Dead? Is there any new DLC on the way for L4D2? Where is the Mac version? Where is the comic? All your questions are answered, and more, next Friday August 20th on Game Trailers TV. The show airs at 12:30am on Spike.

Quick question about campaigns VPK's. When double clicking them to install automatically, should it know wether to install in L4D1 or L4D2's addons folder ? My friend in the past had L4D1 campaigns go into the L4D2 addons folder. Just curious is all, i personally just dump them straight into the addons folder :)

Edit - Also, if anybodys looking for something a bit surreal, give this campaign a blast :D http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=1693

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
1-D_FTW said:
Has anyone ever played it? Any good?
I played two maps and it caused the game to crash half-way into the 3rd. Seemed incredibly rough and poorly designed from what I played. It doesn't even try to make sense locationally or architecturally. I'm not gonna waste my time with the second half.

ArjanN

Upcoming DLC
So what happened with the third DLC for Left 4 Dead? Is there any new DLC on the way for L4D2? Where is the Mac version? Where is the comic? All your questions are answered, and more, next Friday August 20th on Game Trailers TV. The show airs at 12:30am on Spike.

Awesome.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I finally beat my first (maybe?) expert l4d2 campaign, swamp fever with bots on the gibfest mutation. I lost on the finale several times...it felt like I'd usually get to the second tank and then die. :/ Only one pipe/bile bomb didn't really help things, especially since I would often miss shooting at the gas cans I had laid as traps.

I think after 4-5 tries, the second tank may have just not spawned at the end, or it killed itself somehow, and the gate exploded and let me win. Yay! Also, I never managed to kill a witch with the gibfest guns even from a distance. Explosive bullets might have helped but man. :(

It was probably the most atmospheric campaign I have played, meaning it was very much like a claustrophobic confusing swamp, meaning I didn't like it. I don't wanna be wandering in the swamp without good visibility!

Given the demographic here I dunno if I'll get any responses, but has anyone here with one of the new 360 slims noticed some jittery gameplay with L4D2? Nothing major just character animations freezing during healing/setting down special ammo and momentary freezes every now and then when doing other stuff. This is all during offline, single player campaigns as well.

I had L4D2 installed onto my old 360's hard drive, so I'm thinking maybe that might have something to do with it as well. It's the only physical game I have for it so far to test out (all my DLC games seem to run fine) and it's a new copy.

Just thought I'd ask.

Volcynika

Full blog:

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=4197

Week 17
August 12, 2010 - L4D Team

Week 17: Iron Man, Diagnosing Mutations, Bill?

Iron Man
No respawns, no restarts, no ammo, all tension!
Did you vote the Mutations are too easy? Try this one on Expert. Realism rules are in effect. There are no respawns in the map. There is no ammo. If your team wipes, you need to restart the whole campaign.

Diagnosing the Mutations
If you don’t play a mutation why?
The numbers by platform:
PC
27% None Of these
22% Lack of Interest
22% Enjoy Traditional
10% Too Gimmicky
10% Too Easy
9% Too Hard

Xbox 360
41% None of These
21% Enjoy Traditional
17% Lack of Interest
8% Too Easy
7% Too Hard
6% Too Gimmicky

It was nice to see people trying Gib Fest last week. It not only had a high rate of people trying it, it kept a steady 20% of the player minutes for the week.

Bill?
If you played The Passing, you know that Bill dies. If you didn’t play The Passing, sorry for the spoiler. We will be explaining Bill’s death in an upcoming comic and DLC but what are your guesses to how he died?
1) Killed by a Tank
2) Killed by a Witch
3) Overrun by Zombies
4) Friendly Fire
5) Old Age

Next Week’s Mutation: Developer’s Choice!

Branduil

wikaj7.jpg

vazel

Banned
I never have to crouch for that shortcut. Dead Center map 1 is filled with shortcuts. You can also do a shortcut in the hallway window. Also a shortcut in the ledge. You can also do a shortcut on the left side balconies but this one is difficult to do.

Daigoro

oh, just re-read that last blog update. i know the L4D passing info should be popping up soon, didnt realize that there would be new L4D2 content announcements though.

interesting.

also just read that part about "community campaigns". cool idea, just need good maps for it guess.

Volcynika

Jeff Stephen said:
All of sudden when starting up L4D2, I'm given a "installation incomplete (3)" error message. Has anyone else come across this?

Right click -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game cache

Try that and then attempt to run it again.

Volcynika said:
Right click -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of game cache

Try that and then attempt to run it again.
Still no go. Same error message.
It seems to be a network error and yet the original L4D works just fine.

Volcynika

Jeff Stephen said:
Still no go. Same error message.
It seems to be a network error and yet the original L4D works just fine.

Hmmm.

I'd say restart Steam, but I don't think it'll do anything (I always do that whenever something goes wrong). Maybe someone else has ran into this. I did when a mutation came out, but the verifying integrity worked for me.

Sorry. :/

Daigoro

Nabs said:
this sonofabitch wouldn't let us out of the room :lol

:lol was the door stuck closed? the hell?

whats with the names list in the upper left corner? i havent played vs in a long time...

geoffkeighley said:
On Friday's GTTV we are also showing off the first look at the new Left 4 Dead digital comic from Valve. Looks good.

saw this. whatever thats all about.

Daigoro

oh cool. i didnt know mumble did a display like that. i just downloaded it the other day but havent used it yet.

i need to join a VS game one night when im free. its been a long long time.

drkOne

Branduil said:
Left4Dead 2 is serious business, guys.
Nah, it's just a game you're supposed to have fun with. You don't seem to ever have fun playing with us, and in the end you ruin our own fun.
I know you were just baiting with that post, but I felt the need to tell you how we actually feel when you give up after map 1 and ruin the next hour of game for 7 people.

Branduil

drkOne said:
Nah, it's just a game you're supposed to have fun with. You don't seem to ever have fun playing with us, and in the end you ruin our own fun.
I know you were just baiting with that post, but I felt the need to tell you how we actually feel when you give up after map 1 and ruin the next hour of game for 7 people.
LOL, what are you talking about? There was only one time in that whole game you could accuse me of "giving up" and even then I survived for quite a long time. You're confusing sucking with giving up. Vert is the first person I've seen rage after his team won by 1000 points. Serious business indeed.

Blizzard

Banned
drkOne said:
Branduil is the new Blizzard?

Without me as a focal point for their hatred, the hate would grow and consume the world. How I saved the world, true story. :lol

drkOne

Branduil said:
LOL, what are you talking about? There was only one time in that whole game you could accuse me of "giving up" and even then I survived for quite a long time. You're confusing sucking with giving up. Vert is the first person I've seen rage after his team won by 1000 points. Serious business indeed.
Don't go "we've lost after just one map", it pisses everyone off.
And staying in the saferoom in a map? Really?
If you can't stand losing and are gonna go emo, just play 1v1 games, at least you won't be screwing the game for the rest of your team that is actually trying.

Blizzard said:
Branduil is the new Blizzard?

Without me as a focal point for their hatred, the hate would grow and consume the world. How I saved the world, true story. :lol
I don't see it as that, our problem with Brand is that he ruined all the games where he was losing.
I never even had problems the times I played L4D with you.

Branduil

drkOne said:
Don't go "we've lost after just one map", it pisses everyone off.
And staying in the saferoom in a map? Really?
If you can't stand losing and are gonna go emo, just play 1v1 games, at least you won't be screwing the game for the rest of your team that is actually trying.

I don't see it as that, our problem with Brand is that he ruined all the games where he was losing.
I never even had problems the times I played L4D with you.
LOL, how did I ruin the game? We were already 1000 points behind on the second to last map when I hid in the safe room. How did that ruin the game?

Blizzard

Banned
How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Zombie

I remember the days when people used to run back half the map and hide in the saferoom so the tank couldn't catch them. Those were the days.

drkOne

Branduil said:
LOL, how did I ruin the game? We were already 1000 points behind on the second to last map when I hid in the safe room. How did that ruin the game?
You kept the whole match telling us how Hard Rain is the worst campaign ever (even Stall asked you if now it was Hard Rain the worst campaign, as you kept saying the same thing about Dark Carnival before), how vert only plays HR because it's so easy to stomp a team, how every game on HR is decided after first map.
Teams were stacked in our favor, really bad.

I seriously don't care if we win or lose. I'm used to getting stomped over and over… And I'm not talking about a 1k points difference…
I mean games going 1k-5k… And you can ask vert if you want if I ever rage or stop trying.

You're childish and a bad loser, and it was not just this once, you do it every single game, and because of that we don't enjoy playing with you.

vazel

Banned
drkOne said:
Literally. We don't need that shit in casual GAF games where anyone from the forum regardless of skill can join. They're just casual for fun and a way to build community on GAF. If he wants more serious games he needs to get a scrim team together he can have matches with.

I don't even understand why he takes himself so seriously he's not even that good his play style is too timid. I blame Stallion for pumping up his ego after he got that death charge in parish a while back(who were standing still because they were horded after I boomed them).

Top Bottom