• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Nabs

around 10pm-11pm

download mumble (voice chat) and run through the audio wizard beforehand. you can usually find a few of us in there, waiting to play something.

Minamu said:
Absolutely NONE of you guys seem very casual about this game AT ALL though :lol Geez.

you should play with us sometime. you'll get to see how hardcore we really are.

drkOne

Minamu said:
Absolutely NONE of you guys seem very casual about this game AT ALL though :lol Geez.
We just chill and have fun while playing GAF matches, seriously. But it's true that even while just having fun, we're still able to have some good matches, we aren't just trolling.
I hate that people get that impression just from forum posts or because someone said this or that…

If you happen to enjoy Versus, play with us!

Branduil

vazel said:
Literally. We don't need that shit in casual GAF games where anyone from the forum regardless of skill can join. They're just casual for fun and a way to build community on GAF. If he wants more serious games he needs to get a scrim team together he can have matches with.

I don't even understand why he takes himself so seriously he's not even that good his play style is too timid. I blame Stallion for pumping up his ego after he got that death charge in parish a while back(who were standing still because they were horded after I boomed them).
LOL, I don't even remember what you're talking about.

I also like how I'm getting accused of both taking it too seriously and not seriously enough at the same time.

Minamu said:

I personally couldn't give two donkey...donkey teeth about whether I win or not. Winning and making sure Vert's stacked team doesn't win are two different things.

And I don't rage. My computer just slipped down the window, my monitor jumped at my forehead and I was hungry so I ate my mouse and tried to shove my keyboard up my rectum.

Branduil

Mr. B Natural said:
I personally couldn't give two donkey...donkey teeth about whether I win or not. Winning and making sure Vert's stacked team doesn't win are two different things.

And I don't rage. My computer just slipped down the window, my monitor jumped at my forehead and I was hungry so I ate my mouse and tried to shove my keyboard up my rectum.
What are you talking about, vert never stacks teams, nor does he remove people from his friends list and ban them from his server because of game.

drkOne

Branduil said:
LOL, I don't even remember what you're talking about.

I also like how I'm getting accused of both taking it too seriously and not seriously enough at the same time.
You completely ignore the fact that there are 7 other people playing, and that's what you don't take seriously.

You do take the game too seriously. As posting that gif of the Tank proves... Everyone else would at most call hacks, but only jokingly.

You rage easily because of how seriously you take the game.
I make mistakes, but every single time I go "Sorry" instead of "This map sucks so much, that's why I have 0 points", like you actually did yesterday.
And after the first time you rage, it snowballs... You play worse and rage even harder.

Branduil said:
What are you talking about, vert never stacks teams, nor does he remove people from his friends list and ban them from his server because of game.
Please back your shit up. It's not even vert that decides the teams so I don't see what you're implying...

Also, I'm sorry to inform you that it's his server and his friendlist, he does whatever he wants with it.

Branduil

drkOne said:
You completely ignore the fact that there are 7 other people playing, and that's what you don't take seriously.

You do take the game too seriously. As posting that gif of the Tank proves... Everyone else would at most call hacks, but only jokingly.

You rage easily because of how seriously you take the game.
I make mistakes, but every single time I go "Sorry" instead of "This map sucks so much, that's why I have 0 points", like you actually did yesterday.
And after the first time you rage, it snowballs... You play worse and rage even harder.
So why are you waiting until now to say this?

vazel

Banned
wth happened last game. brand meltdown seems like it was worse than usual. I wish I had played in that game. I got the invite from vert but I was too busy setting up xbmc.

drkOne

Branduil said:
I don't see how I could predict that vert would flip out when he'd said nothing before.
You actually thought we were having fun while you were playing the way you did?

I even told you once during a game to shut up and stop getting all serious about it, and remember it was just a friends' game.

orville%20redenbacher.jpg

Branduil

drkOne said:
You actually thought we were having fun while you were playing the way you did?
I don't know how I'm supposed to know if other people are having fun or not, unless they explicitly say so.

vazel said:
wth happened last game. brand meltdown seems like it was worse than usual. I wish I had played in that game. I got the invite from vert but I was too busy setting up xbmc.

I'm not the one who melted down this time.

drkOne

Branduil said:
I don't know how I'm supposed to know if other people are having fun or not, unless they explicitly say so.
We told you a bunch of times during matches and after matches that you raged too much.
And you never changed...

Branduil

drkOne said:
We told you a bunch of times during matches and after matches that you raged too much.
And you never changed...
If you'd actually told me to stop, I would have.

Or you can just try vert's method and not say anything and then suddenly remove them from your friends list. :lol

MoFuzz

So uhh, yeah...gonna break up the strife with this: I've played a ton of campaign and recently started playing versus. Was hoping to get in some games with GAF members. Sounds like you guys typically play on custom servers? Where are they located if you don't mind me asking?

Still very new to this gametype, and it's such a different mindset than playing campaign but I'd love to get in some casual playtime if you guys don't mind showin' a versus noob the ropes. Oh and yes, I have a mic.

Nabs

I think the servers we play on are usually located around the midwest. Might be far from you, but it should be playable. d. and Sanjay play with us from another planet.

The config removes health kits, defibs and tier 2 weapons. It adds pills, tanks and cheap ass hunting rifles.

Minamu

That sounds just wrong man :S I'd love to join but even with my 8mbit connection, my ping is usually bad enough when I play with people on my own continent :S The netcode or something is really bad in this game :(

vazel

Banned
Minamu said:
That sounds just wrong man :S I'd love to join but even with my 8mbit connection, my ping is usually bad enough when I play with people on my own continent :S The netcode or something is really bad in this game :(
Valve does some funky things with hitboxes online which can make things bad when playing with high pings(although apparently they do this as a form of lag compensation, but probably only effective to a point, it's all still a little confusing to me).

Ggf95.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Branduil said:
If you'd actually told me to stop, I would have.

Or you can just try vert's method and not say anything and then suddenly remove them from your friends list. :lol
You just have to realize that some people can be tough or clique-ish to play with. PillowKnight suddenly defriended me and was a seething ball of rage like...a year ago, saying something about how I'm someone who acts like I care but I really don't. I think Stallion or Vert, maybe one or two others have gotten REALLY upset once or twice. I think some of the L4D2 regulars told me that "no one" enjoys playing with me because I don't take it seriously enough, or I annoy them, or whatnot. I don't really think that's true. I have to think that SOMEWHERE there is some horrible person who would enjoy playing with me!

Volcynika randomly defriended me, I'm not even sure I know why, a month or so ago, and followed it up by random potshots in different GAF threads (ignoring me when I would reply to them). He ignored friend requests and PMs asking him why he was doing it, but finally stopped.

And of course there was the nice "fucking faggot" text in the MOTD on vert's server, plus the witty banter in mumble ("eat a dick, stallion", "welcome to hell, vert", "eat a dick, stallion", etc.). You have to find people who you don't mind playing with. I don't know anyone on NeoGAF who plays vs mode regularly besides vert's group, so I only rarely play when they have an open spot.

ALL OF THE ABOVE SAID...I can be really annoying on voicechat, or ingame, or whatever. I can rage and upset people. If I make a mistake I try to apologize, and if someone actually lets me know I am annoying them, then I try to not do so if it's reasonable, unless they're being a total asshole or something. If people can put up with that, and don't mind me being pretty bad and playing on a very casual level, then it's not so bad no matter what the group. :) Some of the regulars are fairly nice, and it's only occasionally that Das UberDrama flares up.

Minamu

vazel: Hello CS: Source. I've seen pictures from that, that looks exactly the same :S

Blizzard:
SimmonsDAMN.gif

Edit: You guys need to ly dow.

MoFuzz

Nabs said:
I think the servers we play on are usually located around the midwest. Might be far from you, but it should be playable. d. and Sanjay play with us from another planet.

The config removes health kits, defibs and tier 2 weapons. It adds pills, tanks and cheap ass hunting rifles.
Sounds good, where do I sign up?

Goddamn, reads like a bunch of girls in high school in here.

I got douchechills imagining what Branduil's raging must have been like, though. I know the type where all the fun is sucked out by the vortex of rage and everyone gets dead silent just waiting for the awkwardness to end.

Blizzard

Banned
Minamu said:
vazel: Hello CS: Source. I've seen pictures from that, that looks exactly the same :S

Blizzard:
SimmonsDAMN.gif

Edit: You guys need to ly dow.
:lol Did you ever add me on Steam? I seem to remember there being some other l4d2 vs. group and someone randomly added me, but I never heard anything further.

I'm actually a super nice guy, much like a large, huggable panda.

Ooh ooh, is it too late for me to join in on the drama?!

This one comes from some previous drama in the L4D thread, I forget what exactly. Anyways, Blizz and I apparently disagreed on something. We argue for a few posts, then I forget about it. I was posting via a laptop, while my desktop in the other room had Steam active. I came back to find THIS. :lol
fna0id.jpg

Concept17

What is all this nonsense? :lol

I have nothing but fun when I play with everyone here. I think my tolerance for rage is a bit higher than most though. I can easily ignore someone raging thanks to my many endless hours playing pubs alongside some of my other friends who like to get really worked up over nothing. :lol

And yeah Vert, I missed last night's game too. I made the mistake of buying Borderlands...damn steam sales. Hopefully I'll get back to playing regularly with you guys soon. <3

Went back to playing LFD1 on 360 lately. When i first played part 2 I thought it might be as good as part 1 or a little less, but now I feel that 2 is clearly superior in many ways

On LFD1 why is it that 2 people logged in on a versus match from the same console are always terrible players. 2 guys pissed me off so much yesterday i sent my first angry message ever calling them pathetic.

Holy shit, Blizzard, you're like a beta male begging for closure after getting dumped. I mean, were you fucking these guys? That's the only way I could understand why you'd care that some dudes on Steam don't like you.

vazel

Banned
For those interested about the hitbox stuff I found this page. The hitboxes are shown that way because of the 100ms interpolation delay of character movement on the client's screen. But the server takes into account the interpolation delay so you don't have to lead your aiming. So all is well.

Minamu

Blizzard said:
:lol Did you ever add me on Steam? I seem to remember there being some other l4d2 vs. group and someone randomly added me, but I never heard anything further.

I'm actually a super nice guy, much like a large, huggable panda.
No, I don't seem to have you on my friends list. I rarely ever delete anyone from Steam :) I played with some gaffers a couple of nights ago but I have no idea who they are ^^

And while trying to sleep last night, I realized that I will be computer-free for a while due to moving. Really bad timing of me vert :lol Might be able to install Steam on an older pc though I guess.

Blizzard

Banned
RocketDarkness said:
Ooh ooh, is it too late for me to join in on the drama?!

This one comes from some previous drama in the L4D thread, I forget what exactly. Anyways, Blizz and I apparently disagreed on something. We argue for a few posts, then I forget about it. I was posting via a laptop, while my desktop in the other room had Steam active. I came back to find THIS. :lol [/IMG]
Wow, I forgot about that. :lol I thought that was for a few days instead of just an evening. Sorry to be stupid about that.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Holy shit, Blizzard, you're like a beta male begging for closure after getting dumped. I mean, were you fucking these guys? That's the only way I could understand why you'd care that some dudes on Steam don't like you.
You found out our secret -- l4d2 is just a secret cover for Fight Club! :eek:

But seriously, if you look back up at the big post I made, I was just trying to explain to Branduil that some people can just be difficult to deal with, regardless of whether they behave in a reasonable fashion or not. I still play with vert, stallion, nabs, pillow, and everyone else when they have space, regardless of whether they like me or not. And I'm not totally making up the mad rage and "none of us likes playing with you" stuff. :lol If it bothered me, I would avoid them completely. Some people are assholes and some people aren't, and I generally try to be a decent guy even with random internet people.

And lest you forget, I seem to remember vert taking ages to get over it when I deleted him after he wouldn't stop leaving posts on my profile, and left a weird sexual comment about my family on it. :lol My younger brother can see my Steam profile, so eh, not really cool.

drkOne

Concept17 said:
I made the mistake of buying Borderlands...damn steam sales.
You already had Borderlands… OMG, WHY ARE YOU LYING CON?

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
You'll now get a PM from him asking why you hate him so much when he never even spoke to you…
srsly.

duckroll said:
Holy crap. Wtf is this? :lol
Come on! We deserve some drama from time to time, or else this thread would be boring as hell :(

Volcynika

New blog

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=4229

Week 18: Last Man on Earth Returns!, Bill?, Favorite Mutation

Last Man On Earth Returns
You will become legend to the infected as the last human left.

You are the only Survivor left in the world. No split screen help. No Survivor bots. But don't worry you aren't entirely alone. While there are no common Infected, Special Infected will hunt you down and become close, close friends with you.

This Mutation is available in Single Player Mode.

Bill?
Last week we asked if you had a guess to how Bill dies. We won’t be giving away the answer yet, you will have to wait for the final chapter of the comic for that. Until then, here are your guesses by platform:
PC
28% Killed by Tank
24% Overrun by Zombies
20% Friendly Fire
16% Old Age
12% Killed by Witch

xBox 360
29% Killed by Tank
25% Overrun by Zombies
17% Old Age
16% Friendly Fire
13% Killed by Witch

Favorite Mutation?
While we still have more mutations to come, we are going to cycle through the first group for a few weeks. Excluding Realism Versus and Last Man On Earth, out of your previous favorites, which ones would you like to see come back?
To vote in this week's poll use the in-game blog.

Next week's Mutation? ????

Don't forget, GameTrailers TV tonight on Spike has L4D1 DLC info, possibly more L4D2 DLC announced, and the digital comic being shown.

Top Bottom