• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

syllogism

More importantly

Added vote option to enable All Talk in Versus.
Added vote option to Restart Chapter in Versus.
Added the ability in the lobby for all players to vote on starting the game.

Gameplay
Removed Defibs and First Aid Kits in Realism Versus. Survivors start with a First Aid Kit, but all world spawns are disabled.

Addons
To avoid conflicts between Community Campaigns, only content vpks get loaded when starting a campaign.
Added console command "show_addon_load_order" that prints out the order of loaded vpk files.

Authoring Tools
VPK files now support their own sound.cache file.
Use the command "snd_buildsoundcachefordirectory " to create the sound.cache file that you should include when you create your vpk file.

Blizzard

Banned
Volcynika said:
Don't forget, GameTrailers TV tonight on Spike has L4D1 DLC info, possibly more L4D2 DLC announced, and the digital comic being shown.
Stupid question, but is this an early peek at the comic, or will it be posted online at the same time?

I generally like all talk, especially in team-based games like TF2 when I'm playing spy.

Volcynika

GTTV is on now. L4D1 DLC is called "The Sacrifice" . Just was in the promo though. Looking for details when they come, talking about Portal 2 and co-op now.

EDIT : making a new thread shortly when details are aired.

duckroll

What the fuck did Valve do to L4D2 this week? Something must have gotten broken because we just had 10 crashes today while playing. Sometimes everyone would crash out, sometimes one person would crash out. What the shit?!

Blizzard

Banned
duckroll said:
What the fuck did Valve do to L4D2 this week? Something must have gotten broken because we just had 10 crashes today while playing. Sometimes everyone would crash out, sometimes one person would crash out. What the shit?!
I've only played one normal vs. game since the update, and I think a bunch of people got "lost connection to steam" errors or something like that ingame, during/after the finale.

vazel

Banned
Last night's GAF match Stallion got disconnected. I got occasional stutters, I haven't played again to see if I'm still getting those stutters.

Edit: Stutters are gone.

Turfster

duckroll said:
For those still having trouble, we've discovered that turning all vpks off in extras/addons seems to stop the random CTDs. Of course, you're stuck with just the standard campaigns.
Hope they fix this soon.

I was wondering if something could help me.

I've been unable to play L4d/l4d2 for the past few weeks. Every time I join a server, I'm afforded around a 30 seconds of uninterrupted play, then it freezes, the count-down timer appears in the top right and I'm booted back to the lobby screen.

My pc shouldn't be an issue, I've recently upgraded and run l4d2 perfectly. Other games are not affected, e.g. MW2 runs perfectly.

I've attempted to forward the ports on my router but that has done nothing. I must say this seems to have come about after one of the latest patches from Valve. Before, I had absolutely no trouble.

I've posted a question on their support site but I haven't heard anything back.

Any ideas?

ArjanN

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I was wondering if something could help me.

I've been unable to play L4d/l4d2 for the past few weeks. Every time I join a server, I'm afforded around a 30 seconds of uninterrupted play, then it freezes, the count-down timer appears in the top right and I'm booted back to the lobby screen.

My pc shouldn't be an issue, I've recently upgraded and run l4d2 perfectly. Other games are not affected, e.g. MW2 runs perfectly.

I've attempted to forward the ports on my router but that has done nothing. I must say this seems to have come about after one of the latest patches from Valve. Before, I had absolutely no trouble.

I've posted a question on their support site but I haven't heard anything back.

Any ideas?

Try deleting clientregistry.blob

Last Man on Earth on expert is freaking intense. Sure it boils down to rushing but man does it give the feeling of being chased by a bunch of ravenous monsters that you usually don't get playing with your commando unit watching all angles.

Played The Parish which was surprisingly easy with all its open areas and piss easy finale with no commons. Dark Carnival on the other hand, good God. Coaster took me about 20 minutes on its own because of those bloody smokers spawning behind me in the tunnel of love. I had a tank spawn just outside the rollercoaster and I was bobbing and weaving trying not to get hit, all the while I had Hunters, Chargers and those super expert Jockeys that can incap you in 2 seconds. Made it into the safe room with a hunter a pounce distance away and the flaming tank chasing me with enough health that a breeze would have incapped me.

Damn, I'm feeling exhilarated.

Sibylus

Banned
9KlVL.jpg

Neogaf, lend me your ears!

So The Sacrifice may be coming on October the 5th, which isn't too far off. I want to organize a replay of all of the Left 4 Dead 1 campaigns, from No Mercy to Blood Harvest (preferable on Expert difficulty for as many groups as possible).

I've posted an announcement of said intentions on Omzom, as well as events on the particular days in September and October. Post here or over on the group page if you've got a team you're going to do the run with, I'd like to keep a list of all the players and teams who want to participate.

This is the sort of time-table I'm thinking of (1 campaign per day, ending with Blood Harvest the day before TS releases).
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/omzom/events

Daigoro

i wont be available every day at the times you guys play, but i want in.

been wanting to play with Omzom for the past few weeks, just havent been able to hook up at the right times.

jambo

Blizzard said:
I've only played one normal vs. game since the update, and I think a bunch of people got "lost connection to steam" errors or something like that ingame, during/after the finale.
Had a bunch of those in TF2 as well, losing unlocks for a few rounds. Sucks.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Turfster said:
For those still having trouble, we've discovered that turning all vpks off in extras/addons seems to stop the random CTDs. Of course, you're stuck with just the standard campaigns.
Hope they fix this soon.

L4D2 on the whole has had a lot more problems with add ons than 1. Subpar job on that end.

Sibylus

Banned
derFeef said:
Hm hm, sounds excellent. Only problem might be that I am in GMT+1 - so there might be a time and ping problem.
There are bound to be some Europeans in the mix, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

MNC

Like to join in. If possible. I promise I'll play nice this time 'Tolfie! Times might be a problem indeed. GMT+1 Euroland represent!

Sibylus

Banned
Sounds like you Euros shouldn't have many problems with finding close players! And heh, it's basically tradition by this point for me to play new campaigns with RS, no idea who the other two fellows will be.

[Teams]
1. Botolf, Red Scarlet, ?, ?

[Unassigned]

(GMT+1)
- derFeef
- OmegaDragon
- MNC

SleazyC

Although I haven't played with L4D2 GAF I have lurked the thread and played with buddies for several months following the release. I'd be down for a run through of all the campaigns on Experts if anyone has an open spot on their team.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Botolf said:
Sounds like you Euros shouldn't have many problems with finding close players! And heh, it's basically tradition by this point for me to play new campaigns with RS, no idea who the other two fellows will be.

[Teams]

[Unassigned]

(GMT+1)
- derFeef
- OmegaDragon
- MNC

I will plays I thinks

andycapps

Botolf said:

[Teams]

[Unassigned]

(GMT+1)
- derFeef
- OmegaDragon
- MNC

Oh man, I haven't played with you guys in a while, but did you have to do it at 3 PM on a weekday? That's working time, man. :lol
Unless those are just placeholder times and I'm freaking out about nothing

Sibylus

Banned
andycapps said:
Oh man, I haven't played with you guys in a while, but did you have to do it at 3 PM on a weekday? That's working time, man. :lol
Unless those are just placeholder times and I'm freaking out about nothing
Times are default values, feel free to play at whatever hour suits you best (or day, for that matter).

Daigoro

Botolf said:

[Teams]

[Unassigned]

(GMT+1)
- derFeef
- OmegaDragon
- MNC

i want to play with you and Bulleta if we can schedule something.

afternoon delight said:
I would totally be up for that..... on 360. :(

Anyone want to start the same idea?

Oh yeah, and this, so much.

id be glad to if we can schedule some time. i was just playing a bit earlier today.

my gt is in my profile if you want to add me.

Daigoro

Botolf said:
Alright, cool! Would you be okay with Expert for all the campaigns? (including The Sacrifice)

absolutely. the only way to fly.

as a side note:

i tried out Last Man On Earth expert today on the 360. somone posted about it earlier. i had only done a quick run through on Normal on PC the other day to see what it was like.

totally different game on expert for sure. it was hard as fuck, but really fun. too bad its going to be gone in a day orw two. id like to spend some time with it and actually attempt to beat it.

Sibylus

Banned
Good, good. Dem zombies' days are numbered.

[Teams]
1. Botolf, Red Scarlet, Daigoro, Conceptor

[Unassigned]

- HK-47
- charsace
- Mo the Hawk

(Latin America)
- SalsaShark

(GMT+1)
- derFeef
- OmegaDragon
- MNC

SalsaShark said:
mmhh, kinda want to join on the L4D1 campaigns run, but i live in latin-america, ping issues ?
Hard to say without knowing who you'd be playing with, but dedicated servers make distance a bit less of an issue.

id be glad to if we can schedule some time. i was just playing a bit earlier today.

my gt is in my profile if you want to add me.
Awesome, yeah, I'll add you when I get home from work. So expect a uh, request from lemonjelloh.

Anyone else want to do the Expert run through on 360? PM or respond plz.

Sibylus

Banned
Getting enough people to start forming some more teams, methinks.

[PC Teams]
1. Botolf, Red Scarlet, Daigoro, Conceptor
2. ?, ?, ?, ?
3. ?, ?, ?, ?
4. ?, ?, ?, ?

[360 Teams]
1. afternoon delight, ?, ?, ?

[Unassigned]

- HK-47
- charsace
- Mo the Hawk
- Baha

(Latin America)
- SalsaShark

(GMT+1)
- derFeef
- OmegaDragon
- MNC
- Sadist

(GMT+8)
- marvelharvey

MNC

Nice, we have a GMT+1 team I think :D

I guess I can do expert, but I'm not as pro as the rest of GAF, so advanced is mostly more my cup o' tea.
I use text mostly, since when you speak english as a non native english speaker (I don't have an accent though!) I constantly keep being made fun of at home and I can't concentrate on the game :mad:

andycapps

Okay put me down for at least some of the Americuh times. The one on Sept 30th could be challenging, I'd have to play around 10 PM EST. Then I could probably do the next several nights at 7 or 8 PM.

Sibylus

Banned
If the eurolanders have decided to team up, lemme know and I'll oopdate the list.

andycapps said:
Okay put me down for at least some of the Americuh times. The one on Sept 30th could be challenging, I'd have to play around 10 PM EST. Then I could probably do the next several nights at 7 or 8 PM.
Done. The dates are general suggestions, so you can always catch up if that's more convenient.

MNC said:
Nice, we have a GMT+1 team I think :D

I guess I can do expert, but I'm not as pro as the rest of GAF, so advanced is mostly more my cup o' tea.
I use text mostly, since when you speak english as a non native english speaker (I don't have an accent though!) I constantly keep being made fun of at home and I can't concentrate on the game :mad:

:lol poor you

I also prefer advanced, expert is a bit too hard. I say we team up :)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I'm up for all in a row, one day crunch!

I'm EST and I dont stay up as late as I used to and I'm rusty and I usually have Scarlet as a crutch but at least Botolf won't be around to light me on fire.

Volcynika

New Blog

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=4265

Gib fest for PC, Chainsaw massacre for 360.

Split Vote! Whose back story?

Gib Fest (PC)
Blast the infected to shreds with M60s.

Swords can slice up some fun. Chainsaws can tear apart the infected. But you need to get close for both and well… chainsaws are really loud! Time to go with the ultimate gun, you and three friends armed with M60s and unlimited ammo.

Chainsaw Massacre (360)
4 chainsaws, millions of zombies.

You are armed with the only thing you need to survive a Zombie Apocalypse, a chainsaw. Rip apart thousands of zombies on your way to safety.

This Mutation is available in Campaign Mode.

Split Vote
Both the PC and 360 crowd want to see the blood flowing! 360 users preferring chainsaws and PC users going with M60s. Whichever way you like to kill zombies, it's going to be messy.
The numbers by platform.

xBox 360
26% Chainsaw Massacre
21% GibFest
18% Versus Survival
15% Last Gnome on Earth
11% Four Swordsmen of the Apocalypse
9% Bleed Out

PC
25% GibFest
20% Versus Survival
16% Chainsaw Massacre
14% Four Swordsmen of the Apocalypse
13% Last Gnome on Earth
12% Bleed Out

Whose backstory?
The new DLC for Left 4 Dead 1 and Left 4 Dead 2 is due out in October. In the DLC you will get to play the Left 4 Dead 1 survivors. The accompanying Comic is coming in September. The Comic is broken up into 4 separate sections. Each section features the back story from one of the Survivors. Whose back story are you most interested in?

Top Bottom