• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Twig

Banned
Firestorm said:
Well, like I said, PC version (like many PC games) supports 360 pad out of the box.
Actually, IIRC, PC doesn't support it like 360 does. 360 has a bit of auto-aim and PC has none.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
A 250 person limit? That's gonna be rough on me and my FOUR steam friends I've never played a game with so far :lol

Red Scarlet

ItsInMyVeins said:
A 250 person limit? That's gonna be rough on me and my FOUR steam friends I've never played a game with so far :lol

Well, I went from about 6 to 140 or so the first month L4D1 demo + game was out. So it can fill up fast!

Firestorm

Red Scarlet said:
There is a 250 limit though. I thought there was no limit. :(

Try to .dem your first playthroughs if you can, and find funny moments! I'm going to.
Wait really? Crap... I'm about halfway there then. My 360 list is already full and it's a bitch trying to remember who's gamertag is who and deleting people to add new friends as they get the system. Don't want to have to do that with something like Steam.

Wondering if I should preload it tonight. Luckily it comes out midnight my time so I'll be well enough asleep for me to even think about trying it then. That gives me about 9 hours after launch before I can play it so hopefully if it's out on time all the problems will be squashed.

Red Scarlet

I think it's just "record demoname" in the console. I don't know if it keeps going the whole time or if you need to do a new one each level or what.

Twig

Banned
Demo files are small.

WAAAAAAAAAAY smaller than Frapsing, which is just straight up uncompressed video. (At 1680x1050, that's 3.9 gigs for about 2 minutes of video in L4D.)

The downside is, I think Red told me, that once an update comes out there's a chance you might not be able to watch the demo again?

Red Scarlet

Whole vs matches are like 40-70 megs. Yeah, the downside is that once an update to the game comes out, you can't watch older demos anymore. So I was going to fraps the demos afterward to make them avi's so they aren't dead forever once an update comes out, and iirc they came out pretty often the first week 1 came out I think.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's nice to wake up in the morning and think... ahh... six hours until L4D2.

Kanarico

Neo Member
When do you think Valve will announce a delay and how long will the delay be? I'm waiting for my friend to get internet in his new place tomorrow so I'm going to wait until then to play so it doesn't matter to me if Valve does delay the release by a few hours.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kanarico said:
When do you think Valve will announce a delay and how long will the delay be? I'm waiting for my friend to get internet in his new place tomorrow so I'm going to wait until then to play so it doesn't matter to me if Valve does delay the release by a few hours.
Valve are turning over a new leaf. You'll see. You'll all see. :s

Pimpbaa

Finally ordered it. Glad I didn't wait till tomorrow to buy it off steam, forgot about the discount they give if you buy the game before it is released. Anyway, feel free to add me to your friends list.

Firestorm

Kanarico said:
0 minutes
believe

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
and on a simpler level, the game is getting a physical release that has long since been stamped and sent to retailers. ;)

Only played the original on 360 for about 5 minutes and didn't get interested, but for some reason I want to play this. On PC, no less. Still wary of it for some reason. Seems like this game is based solely on getting in a group with non-dicks, which makes me hesitate. :D

Tim-E

paranoidfortean said:
Only played the original on 360 for about 5 minutes and didn't get interested, but for some reason I want to play this. On PC, no less. Still wary of it for some reason. Seems like this game is based solely on getting in a group with non-dicks, which makes me hesitate. :D

Play with GAFers instead of random people.

The new thread title is filled with WIN. :)

And holy shit I just got delivery confirmation of L4D2. Between this, Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands I'll be lucky to even see the sun in the next six months.

I have never had this level of gaming overload before. My wallet's fine - its my free time that's crying.

Plasma

Banned
Just saw this on Kotaku looks like they put up this news story early:

http://i.imagehost.org/0296/cameo.jpg

It's been taken down now by the looks of it because when I go to hit the URL I get this:
You were redirected to our front page because the URL you requested is unavailable. Please try again later.

And it looks like its gone from the front page as well.

Looks like info on the L4D one guys and gal in L4D2.

Red Scarlet

NullPointer said:
The new thread title is filled with WIN. :)

And holy shit I just got delivery confirmation of L4D2. Between this, Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands I'll be lucky to even see the sun in the next six months.

I have never had this level of gaming overload before. My wallet's fine - its my free time that's crying.

I'm still trying to get ahold of Volcynika, I want his opinion on two possible titles when the game is out. I used to live in the South, but haven't for 10 years now, and Vol is in 'bama so I want him to pick what I go with. But he won't come online!

mileS

Flib said:
It's also especially true for Left 4 Dead 2 that the PC version looks and runs SIGNIFICANTLY better than the 360 version.

What the hell do you mean especially true? More so than other PC/360 games?

First of all there's nothing wrong with Left 4 Dead 2 on the 360 judging from the demo. The graphics look fantastic, it runs at a rock solid framerate and the controls feel great even compared to most other 360 FPS's. You make it sound like the 360 version is the bastard stepchild that runs and looks like shit.

Let's not turn this thread into a stupid PC vs 360 debate. If you have a good gaming PC that meets the recommended requirements then yea, you should be getting it for PC. If your PC can barely make minimum requirements or just a bit over the game will probably look a lot better on 360. Either way the game looks fantastic and it certainly runs quite a bit smoother than most other 360 shooters.

Red Scarlet said:
I'm still trying to get ahold of Volcynika, I want his opinion on two possible titles when the game is out. I used to live in the South, but haven't for 10 years now, and Vol is in 'bama so I want him to pick what I go with. But he won't come online!
Left 4 Dead 2: Selling Faster Then Sherman Sweeping Through The South

or

Left 4 Dead 2: These Levies Were Not Meant To Hold Out Zombie Hordes

Top Bottom