• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Blizzard

Banned
Well, my graphics card did get hotter near the end.

Wrist hurts, was dumb of me to play it.

The sniper rifle seems fun to shoot, and the AK47 looks cool but maybe is useless. Dunno. I kept wanting to right click to bring up ironsights on guns. I didn't check if middle-clicking did anything on any gun besides the sniper rifle.

The katana and weird assault shotgun are ludicrous for destroying enemies. No tank and no chainsaw and no boomer vials from what I saw, but maybe you have to do console hacks to get those. The running finale seems like a good idea.

Is there any way to delete the uninstalled demo from your games list, or does it just automatically go away once the game launches?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is anyone on GAF actually going to buy the physical PC release, though?

Amir0x

Banned
If my PC could run it while at decent settings I would, because i prefer physical copies to digitally downloaded ones.

So I guess that's a no :(

Red Scarlet

Hey steam finished downloading the game or something, again! Hope we don't have to redl it like we did the demo...6 gb takes awhile.

Zeliard

Blizzard said:
I know this topic is played to DEATH, but yeah...people said that about the first game. :p We got SOME updates (the original four maps in versus), some balance patches, and survival (which I didn't really like). And then most recently the new crash course campaign.

Yeah but THIS time it'll be different!

o6wt9i.jpg

Rez said:
is anyone on GAF actually going to buy the physical PC release, though?

Well i didnt because of that 4 pack deal....lets just hope the final game doesnt stutter on my freaking hd5870 like the demo does......mw2 runs like butter but the l4d2 demo stutter bugs really annoyed me, it only stutters when there's zombie on the screen and i mean it only takes one zombie to make the demo stutter when you're walking.

Twig

Banned
We got about as many updates in the same time frame in TF2 AND they weren't making TF3 at the same time.

So who the fuck cares, idiot fucks.

Red Scarlet

Blizzard said:

The sniper rifle seems fun to shoot, and the AK47 looks cool but maybe is useless. Dunno. I kept wanting to right click to bring up ironsights on guns. I didn't check if middle-clicking did anything on any gun besides the sniper rifle.

The katana and weird assault shotgun are ludicrous for destroying enemies. No tank and no chainsaw and no boomer vials from what I saw, but maybe you have to do console hacks to get those. The running finale seems like a good idea.

Is there any way to delete the uninstalled demo from your games list, or does it just automatically go away once the game launches?

I like the AK. Machete and katana are different, katana isn't in the demo (will it have longer range though?). Just like the first game, you aren't guaranteed Tanks or Witches, but you can bump into both on either level on the demo (although I've only bumped into one Witch and one Tank on Parish 1). Boomer Bile is around, just gotta find it, although I can't remember finding any nades on level 1 until the safe room; found all the Biles I can think of on Parish 2.

L4D1 demo went away after I deleted it, so 2's might go away when the game comes out..I didn't delete 1's demo till last week though.

xero273

Blizzard said:

boomer vial and tanks are in the demo. The chainsaw isn't

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Tenks said:
Who was your favorite new infected?

Well, that's easy. Even thought I've only made it pass the first level, Dead Center, I'll have to go with The Charger - trying taking that down by yourself.

I just wanted to note: L4D2 is extremely challenging, even on normal.

Fire my PC up, and my virus scanner picks up a trojan. It's the applauncher.exe in my l4d2 directory. :(

WTF

Either it was a false positive, or some tricky hacker replaced the original.

Boonoo

gregor7777 said:
Fire my PC up, and my virus scanner picks up a trojan. It's the applauncher.exe in my l4d2 directory. :(

WTF

Either it was a false positive, or some tricky hacker replaced the original.

Hey, that happened to me. I couldn't see which game it was in though; the file named got shortened right after common. I denied it access. I suppose that I'd better go undeny it.

MNC

:lol :lol AMAZING EPIC SEQUENCE. CommieCaptorS and me tried one of our many expert runs. We run into a wandering witch, but luckily are able to evade it. At about the trailer, we run into a tank and run all the way back to that WHERE IS CEDA spray. Only...

To run into the Witch, that found her way all the way on our path again :lol So we have to run fast past the passageway that connects highway and park, past the witch, while both of our AI teammates are dead already. Commie lights the tank on fire, and gets incapped. I run like hell and the tank luckily died of fire. I want to pick up Commie, but the Witch has made her way to him in his incapped state, just wandering about. It was so adrenaline pumping yet hilarious the way the situation unfolded. Eventually picked him up when she wandered off.

This is the shit L4D is all about and haven't had this in a long time. WHAT A GAME.

(Blizzard - How could you have hold off playing the demo for so long :O)

Red Scarlet

EmCeeGramr said:
everyone play with me i live in savannah i can be an annoying tour guide who angrily points out that the maps look nothing like the real thing

I look forward to the cobblestone steets that don't line up very well and the cool places to eat along the ocean. Had a shrimp sanwich from some place there. AND let's go to the 7-11 across from the Sheraton there, they sell Mt Dew Live Wire!

<3 Savannah!

speculawyer said:
Wow. He's make a career of it.

Some people on my friend's list have 1000+, and I've seen 1600+.

oh yeah, i forgot about the homosexual fan fiction for today. uh, it'll be zoey and the witch and they'll do some really hot stuff like rubbing vajayjays together and making out while rubbing boobies i guess

Amir0x

Banned
I played the demo five billion times and never encountered the tank on Parish 1.

It's probably the 360 version's fault again! Damn you 360 version!

Red Scarlet

EmCeeGramr said:
oh yeah, i forgot about the homosexual fan fiction for today. uh, it'll be zoey and the witch and they'll do some really hot stuff like rubbing vajayjays together and making out while rubbing boobies i guess

Bravo, that totally eclipses Tank on Boomer!

speculawyer said:
Available: November 16th, 2009
This game will unlock in approximately 4 hours

Update, it should say 3 in a couple mins.

Amir0x said:
I played the demo five billion times and never encountered the tank on Parish 1.

It was only once, and the Tank showed up right before we entered that kitchen place with 2 frying pans (that last building right before the alarm car/saferoom door).

Salmonax

EmCeeGramr said:
Gotta work the spitter in there.

Blizzard

Banned
MNC said:
(Blizzard - How could you have hold off playing the demo for so long :O)
I'm not really interested in the game and I'm not really fond of killing zombies. However, I recognize that my disinterest could be at least partly due to personal opinion, so I try not to spam threads with it or get myself banned. :p

Zeliard

TheOneGuy said:
We got about as many updates in the same time frame in TF2 AND they weren't making TF3 at the same time.

So who the fuck cares, idiot fucks.

:lol

The point is that now they likely won't be releasing L4D3 a year from now, hence we'll naturally see more content for 2. Children are so sensitive these days.

Boonoo said:
Hey, that happened to me. I couldn't see which game it was in though; the file named got shortened right after common. I denied it access. I suppose that I'd better go undeny it.

Yeah, careful though. Make sure it's legit before you unblock it.

If that's two of us, I wonder what's up.

Twig

Banned
Zeliard said:
:lol

The point is that now they likely won't be releasing L4D3 a year from now, hence we'll naturally see more content for 2. Children are so sensitive these days.
I like how you think I was talking to you. O:

Zoey and teh wich

zoey was a horny lesbian and she wanted som hot sexxx with a grrl but there were no grrls because they r all zombis

whos dat cryin

its a witch

zoey walked up to the witch and toke of all off her cloths and said 'hey dont cry anmyore we can have fun' and she showed da wicth her pusie

It was one of the most disgusting things the soldiers had ever seen. A young girl, naked, torn apart and disemboweled, presumably by a Type 6 Infected. Her genitals had been mutilated viscously. What had she been doing? Nobody dared to guess. It was too disturbing. They walked away without filing a report. In the terrible days after the Infection had subsided, humanity could do nothing but numbly cry. So many old wounds that would never go away. Too many horrors that would never be forgotten, burned into their brains, doomed to repeat themselves in nightmares. And all the dumb girls (ew cooties) had died, so it was Zowie Yaoi time with hot bishie survivors, 24/7.

fin~

Amir0x said:

PC here and I get tank nearly half the time in Da Parishes Ones. I don't know if it matters, but I usually play advance.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Red Scarlet said:
You put a whole lot more thought into the Boomer + Tank.

Yeah the time I got a Tank on Parish 1 was on expert if it matters.

Your tag is an awesome use of mod privileges :D

EmCeeGramr said:
Zoey and teh wich

zoey was a horny lesbian and she wanted som hot sexxx with a grrl but there were no grrls because they r all zombis

whos dat cryin

its a witch

zoey walked up to the witch and toke of all off her cloths and said 'hey dont cry anmyore we can have fun' and she showed da wicth her pusie

It was one of the most disgusting things the soldiers had ever seen. A young girl, naked, torn apart and disemboweled, presumably by a Type 6 Infected. Her genitals had been mutilated viscously. What had she been doing? Nobody dared to guess. It was too disturbing. They walked away without filing a report. In the terrible days after the Infection had subsided, humanity could do nothing but numbly cry. So many old wounds that would never go away. Too many horrors that would never be forgotten, burned into their brains, doomed to repeat themselves in nightmares. And all the dumb girls (ew cooties) had died, so it was Zowie Yaoi time with hot bishie survivors, 24/7.

fin~

I prefer your older work. Boomer is a classic. You sold out man. It's just about the money now.

You're the Bobby Kotik of L4D fan fic.

EmCeeGramr said:
Zoey and teh wich

whos dat cryin

its a witch

fin~

I nominate a tag change for this fella. Something along the lines of "Horny for zombie threesome".

Tremis

This man does his research.
EmCeeGramr said:
Zoey and teh wich

whos dat cryin

its a witch

fin~

that's some subtle shift you got going on there, :lol

LovingSteam said:
I nominate a tag change for this fella. Something along the lines of "Horny for zombie threesome".

seconded!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Red Scarlet said:
I changed it like 14 hours ago and you are the first to notice. :lol

Did you find a 4 pack?

No four pack but HomShaBom is hooking me up, great Aussie dollar means it'll be cheap as anyway.

Getting all excited, gonna be a long day at work :(

Blizzard

Banned
LovingSteam said:
"Bringing 4chan to NeoGAF, one post at a time."

Someone suggested to me that he was Crushed in new form, but I don't know if that's true. If it is true, it explains why he wasn't giving out his Steam name for me to avoid him. :lol

Top Bottom