• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
vertopci said:
More like I'm the biggest, sexyist, most mean and lovable troll in the L4D threads.

Someone posted flamebait, you fell for it. What's not to get?

Why it's tolerated and not moderated out of the thread.

Bluemercury said:
Because of precision vs amount of zombies coming at you?, i mean i highly doubt i could finish the parish bridge chapter using a freaking 360 controller on expert level.....i might finish it with the m/k on expert but ive yet to do it....its an extremely difficult chapter...at least compared to the others ive played.....the hordes simply dont stop coming.....the most hilarious scenes is the charger getting someone and goiing of the bridge lolol....seen it happening 2 times lol

I was amused to discover you could whip a Bile Bomb off the Hotel ledge and the zombies will follow it.

:lol

Rubezh

Is there anything out there which lists all of the differences for Realism mode? I'm really enjoying but it there seems be be a lack of information and hardly seems to be anybody playing it. Currently the ones I've found are:

No survivor glow
No alerts when special infected attack a survivor
Zombies absorb more bullets
No respawns (until the safe room)
Witch kills in one hit (even skips the "lying on the ground with pistols" phase)

Teknoman

Why would you want this topic to be locked?

Also finally got a good headset, so i'll be using voice chat in all steam games from now on (whenever possible anyway).

vertopci said:
Oops :lol

I don't play with her because she raged one game and removed me from her friends list :lol

Must've been something insane, dont think i've ever seen her get mad about anything, even accidently being molotov'd.

1-D_FTW

Rubezh said:
Is there anything out there which lists all of the differences for Realism mode? I'm really enjoying but it there seems be be a lack of information and hardly seems to be anybody playing it. Currently the ones I've found are:

No survivor glow
Witch kills in one hit (even skips the "lying on the ground with pistols" phase)

Is it possible ammo is more limited? I've only played one campaign with it, but there was a severe lack of ammo. Could have been a fluke, though.

Red Scarlet

vertopci said:
Oops :lol

I don't play with her because she raged one game and removed me from her friends list :lol

I removed you because you would only play vs, only on your server, which was too far away from me, so I gave the space out to other people. Once you got that closer server, I wanted to play again, but no go.

Rubezh said:

No survivor glow

Here's what all I noticed:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18537202&postcount=2106

NIGHT-

dskillzhtown said:
Amen. If you have the game on PC, enjoy it. If you have the game on 360, enjoy it.

Not sure why everything seems to come down to a penis waving contest.

agreed.

Bluemercury said:
I do like some of the implementations of wiimote in some fps games. Anyway can we talk about L4D2, did anyone finished the freaking bridge on expert???the last try i think i could see the possible exit, but not sure.

still having a lot of trouble with that as well =[

sgnhh

Neo Member
Attempted an Expert/Realism run on The Parish earlier tonight, the farthest we made it was the impound lot in Chapter 3 with only two dudes left. Brutal. Played for about an hour and a half before I gave up.

vertopci

Red Scarlet said:
I removed you because you would only play vs, only on your server, which was too far away from me, so I gave the space out to other people. Once you got that closer server, I wanted to play again, but no go.

Doesn't explain why you raged two of our games :/ That's why it's been a no go.

Red Scarlet

vertopci said:
Doesn't explain why you raged two of our games :/ That's why it's been a no go.

Because I hated your server, and you would often invite people that didn't know how your server worked, and used that to your advantage. Mostly because I hated your server.

vertopci

Red Scarlet said:
Because I hated your server, and you would often invite people that didn't know how your server worked, and used that to your advantage. Mostly because I hated your server.

Most of the people I invite know how my server works :/

And anyone who didn't know would get an explanation :/

Blizzard

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
If it makes you feel any better, Pillow and vert hate ME. But did I ever let that stop me? Oh nooooo. :lol
or at least not for long

vertopci

Blizzard said:
If it makes you feel any better, Pillow and vert hate ME. But did I ever let that stop me? Oh nooooo. :lol
or at least not for long

I don't believe you've ever raged on us though

Slavik81

Zzoram said:
Portal 2 + Episode 3 is probably their next project. I wonder if those 2 alone are enough to sell an Orange Box 2, or if they need to throw in Left 4 Dead 1 or something to sweeten the deal.
Valve's big secret is that Portal 2 and Episode 3 are actually the same game. That's right. You heard it here first.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
vertopci said:
No it's not. That's a dumb as shit idea and if you think about it for a bit, you'll realize WHY valve didn't go with it.

A little late but that IS what they did. The 360 scores for the infected is 10 x amount of incaps, but there's not bonus for doing more damage like PC. I have no idea why they score that differently.

Scavenge is so fun.

I am a changed man.

I thought Versus was amazing but dragged for too long...Scavenge is a condensed Versus but so much more fun--especially with friends on the same team!

kurohana

2ld8w1y.jpg

I actually completed this on November 21, but steam never showed it til recently, of course. I doubt I was the first, but it's nice to pretend that I could have been~

Red Scarlet

I should be 3/5, but still 1/5..Hard Rain 2 is so brutal. Was lots of fun though, and I'm really surprised I didn't get crashed out with that windows update thing taking me out of the game every 10 mins or so.

Sibylus

Banned
How to turn Botolf into an Unholy Friendly-Fire Daemon in 5 Simple Steps

1. Start the final rush
2. Spawn the Tank and hordes
3. Send the Tank onto the boat
4. Incapacitate one of Botolf's teammates with Tank (on the boat, and with everybody on the boat!)
5. Command Tank to charge all menacing-like

Hard Rain Expert is fun. I can't wait to play it again (which will probably be soon, still plenty of Gaffers who need to survive on it).

I need to get going on Expert. Some friends and I did Dead Center up until the mall level, but then someone dropped and we failed a few times with the bot and got disheartened.

Daigoro

yeah the bots suck, especially in that finale. we need you to hump these cans, not stand there like an idjit!

the finale on that one can be a real breeze with a good team though. i finished it with some friends and didnt get one tank spawn. it's all about efficiency.

Yeah, that was one of two (the other being the 25 damage pounce) I had to rig with a friend on a local server, because it wouldn't unlock in any game hosted on Valve's (still broken) 360 dedicated servers. I figured it was fair game because I'd got them several times legitimately, and in slippery pull's case maybe like 20 times legitimately, with no unlock.

Rickard

Fuck L4D1.

I've beaten Blood Harvest on Expert 15 fucking times and it's never unlocked for me.

I've gotten every other launch achievement and 3/4 "What are you trying to prove?"

Fucking bullshit.

Twig

Banned
Rickard said:
Fuck L4D1.

I've beaten Blood Harvest on Expert 15 fucking times and it's never unlocked for me.

I've gotten every other launch achievement and 3/4 "What are you trying to prove?"

Fucking bullshit.
Try playing other ones on expert.

(If you even care.)

I ended up beating one on expert that I supposedly already had (I was stuck at 2/4 for months) according to the cheesemint and BAM it unlocked.

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:
Nah Blizz would be the one causing people to rage...

This made me :lol for real.

I still have not completed anything yet :mad: anyone invite me if planning on doing expert runs on any map.

Rickard

Awhile back some of my friends helped me replay all the other campaigns.

Nothing happened.

And everybody hates playing Blood Harvest becuase of the trees and lack of items.

And yes I fucking care.

It's not that I want to show off that I completed all the capmaigns on expert, it's that I want to have 100%, and I can't have that, and it's bullshit.

MrDaravon

Probably super late to the party here, but finally got to play 3 full rounds of versus last night, and it's awesome. We were all kinda so-so on the game but we hadn't had a chance to all get together and play (especially since Shake totally ditched me last week) and it's a lot of fun playing both sides, and the new infected are all pretty awesome. I actually prefer the new scoring system quite a bit. Since no longer having a medkit at the end of the round or even surviving the round doesn't totally screw your score it seems like a lot less people ragequit, which was a probably we always had. Versus seems faster-paced to me also.

mileS

EmCeeGramr said:
i make a truthful statement and a nursery full of babies screams in horror

shameful

EmCeeGramr said:
if my brother-in-law has l4d on his 360 i might... gulp... resort to playing that, though such a babby version seems more appropriate for my lil nephew (hes 1, the age of the average console fps player)

It was obviously a joke but in most peoples eyes its trolling at its best. If this kind of post was about the Wii in any other thread (from a different member because its clear that you get a free pass) they would probably be banned instantly.

Ventrue

On the parish finale yesterday, we reached the end of the bridge and three of us had adrenaline. Strangely, we didn't even really see many zombies...Oh, they're all in a throng around that guy we left behind. Oops. :lol

Top Bottom