• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

MNC

Shake Appeal said:
Last Stand is behind The Parish, Dead Air is behind Dead Center, Blood Harvest is behind Dark Carnival, while Hard Rain has Death Toll, I think. This would leave Swamp Fever with No Mercy, but I don't remember being able to spot it.
Last Stand? Whut?

Alex

There was a note that this, and prior updates, will be on the 360 before the end of the month.

The L4D1 campaigns are all completely lousy compared to the L4D2 ones, IMO. I dont even see the point in comparing, it's a factual level of quality difference. There's so much more variety and polish.

Red Scarlet

? No one's comparing. We're talking about the loading screens in 2, if you look carefully you can see parts of the L4D1 loading screen posters there.

Sibylus

Banned
Alex said:
There was a note that this, and prior updates, will be on the 360 before the end of the month.

The L4D1 campaigns are all completely lousy compared to the L4D2 ones, IMO. I dont even see the point in comparing, it's a factual level of quality difference. There's so much more variety and polish.
Hey, No Mercy is ace! I'll be so hyped when it gets ported over (by Valve or the community, doesn't really matter because the official map files can be recompiled by anyone).

Death Toll is cool also, but not as cool as No Mercy.

Alex said:
Not in versus.

vertopci

CrookedRain said:
Not in versus.

Indeed. L4D2 maps suck in versus compared to L4D1 maps.

Botolf said:
Hey, No Mercy is ace! I'll be so hyped when it gets ported over (by Valve or the community, doesn't really matter because the official map files can be recompiled by anyone).

NM sucks. Worst map in L4D1 easily

Uncle AJ

No L4D2 tonight... got a date with a different set of zombies.

Borderlands_Zombie_Island_Screenshot00.png

Anyone want to join me? Gamespy ID (Borderlands friend-list name) is MoTheHawk.

Really getting tired of playing with people who don't have mics/refuse to coordinate/ use the spitter to melee. What's the best way to get in to some of these GAF games?

xero273

BuddhaRockstar said:
Really getting tired of playing with people who don't have mics/refuse to coordinate/ use the spitter to melee. What's the best way to get in to some of these GAF games?

I remember it was vert that usually gathers people up for gaf games, but I don't think he plays L4D2 versus because he hates it.

vertopci

xero273 said:
I remember it was vert that usually gathers people up for gaf games, but I don't think he plays L4D2 versus because he hates it.

wat

edit: oh i see what you're trying to say. I don't hate it, I just think it sucks ass compared to L4D1 VS.

Red Scarlet

Huh, my net's acting super weird, but I went to just see what games were around, and No Mercy and Death Toll came up as maps to download, and the download link for both was the steam store..they disappeared a minute later when I went back into the game.
buyl4d1maps.png

Red Scarlet said:
Huh, my net's acting super weird, but I went to just see what games were around, and No Mercy and Death Toll came up as maps to download, and the download link for both was the steam store..they disappeared a minute later when I went back into the game.
buyl4d1maps.png
=O

Uncle AJ

Red Scarlet said:
What would he ask me? I have nothing to do with them.

Just suggesting you as a good bet for finding some GAF folk playing L4D2 at any given moment. :lol

Nice to see the L4D1 campaigns getting the proper Valve treatment for L4D2... although they are totally undermining the mod community that has been busting their asses trying to do the same exact thing.

Red Scarlet said:
buyl4d1maps.png
Anyone care to fire up an e-mail to Gabe to see what he has to say about it?

vazel

Banned
I've come to see one of the winning conditions of the game to see how many times you can make people on the other team rage. It's the only way I know not to get frustrated from the other team always fucking raging.

xero273

catfish said:
How do I get me a pink crosshair? Just in the options?

cl_crosshair_red "255" (default 138)
cl_crosshair_green "0" (default 182)
cl_crosshair_blue "0" (default 220)

I think you have to play with those settings to change crosshair color.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MNC said:
Left 4 Dead 2

Changed rules for ghost placement in Scavenge Mode

Player controlled Special Infected are no longer forced to un-crouch and lock strafe when they crouch attack

Spitter spit that damages players on a moving elevator will now fizzle quickly

Allow the survivor and infected to rotate the camera yaw while being attacked by a Charger or Smoker

Smoker that has dragged a survivor to the end now gets the same cinematic flashlight as the Hunter and Charger

Fixed a crash in physics

Updated the Charger's hit boxes

Updated the Jockey's hit boxes

Updated the Spitter's hit boxes

Fixed player health on being revived after a Charger slam over a high ledge

Fixed versus scores not resetting after a vote to change campaigns

Fixed being able to use defibrillator on dead players who were far above or below you

Fixed pink glow on dead survivors

Fixed being able to hold crouch while incapped to get better weapon accuracy

Fixed players pushing against some props causing them to accumulate downward velocity and then take falling damage when they let go of the forward key

Fixed a case where an incapped survivor inside a rescue vehicle would trigger both the escape sequence and a round restart

Fixed the helping hand from getting stuck when extended

nice changes there.

I got screwed and so did my entire team by a spitter getting in the elevator. It was legendary on the spitter side, but something I want to happen exactly one time.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
catfish said:
nice changes there.

I got screwed and so did my entire team by a spitter getting in the elevator. It was legendary on the spitter side, but something I want to happen exactly one time.

A decent team can easily prevent a spitter from spitting in most elevators. The cheap shot in the elevator on HR3 isn't easy to prevent and I'm pretty sure the patch didn't fix that.

Alex

I disagree with the notion of L4D1 versus being better. The small, dark, corner happy maps combined with limited SI and some of the unrefined nonsense makes me vastly prefer the current versus.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Alex said:
I disagree with the notion of L4D1 versus being better. The small, dark, corner happy maps combined with limited SI and some of the unrefined nonsense makes me vastly prefer the current versus.

The entirety of L4D2 VS is unrefined. It doesn't feel polished or tight, just haphazard. And don't even get me started on the maps.

syllogism

Are you saying l4d1 was "polished" or "tight"? Most of the maps were completely unsuitable for vs. L4d2 maps have problems but at least they feel like they've been designed at least somewhat with VS in mind.

Twig

Banned
o lawdy lawd another one of these arguments

manbabies who can't handle change vs normal people

round 19874298 START

Sibylus

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
I hope you have uncovered some sort of diabolical scheme to have the old maps available for official download/integration into L4D2.
Mo the Hawk said:
Just suggesting you as a good bet for finding some GAF folk playing L4D2 at any given moment. :lol

Nice to see the L4D1 campaigns getting the proper Valve treatment for L4D2... although they are totally undermining the mod community that has been busting their asses trying to do the same exact thing.
Jeff Stephen said:
Anyone care to fire up an e-mail to Gabe to see what he has to say about it?
Ogs said:
Saw that a few days ago, i assumed modders had ported them over or something, but heres hoping Valve's working its magic :D
Bubble-bursting time. Sorry folks (and calm down, mo! :p), but the download link can be changed by anyone in the addon files. I could take an addon and have the download link specify www.neogaf.com, for example. Also worth mentioning is that the tutorial addon's (Dead Line) download link is on the steam store, and its addon files are often used as a template by third party mod makers. It's very possible this is the work of fans.

The original L4D1 campaigns ARE coming to L4D2, it's just anyone's guess if Valve or the modders will do it (bet on the modders, they're eager and Valve's supplying the tools).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
syllogism said:
Are you saying l4d1 was "polished" or "tight"? Most of the maps were completely unsuitable for vs. L4d2 maps have problems but at least they feel like they've been designed at least somewhat with VS in mind.

Rofl. L4D2 maps are so blatantly designed for co-op and not VS. Have you played VS in either game?

Firestorm

Stallion Free said:
Rofl. L4D2 maps are so blatantly designed for co-op and not VS. Have you played VS in either game?
Neither were designed very well for VS. The difference in L4D2 is that at least it doesn't consist of camping in a corner and using melee for minutes at a time. L4D2's new special infected classes discourage camping in a game which is all about progress.

syllogism

Stallion Free said:
They even had to make separate VS maps for the first game because they were completely designed around coop. I've spent an embarrassing amount of hours playing VS actually and it's pretty obvious l4d2 maps have more areas designed for infected ambushes than the first game. It's still way too easy obviously with the default settings, but the map design isn't the main reason for it.

Red Scarlet

Botolf said:
Bubble-bursting time. Sorry folks (and calm down, mo! :p), but the download link can be changed by anyone in the addon files. I could take an addon and have the download link specify www.neogaf.com, for example. Also worth mentioning is that the tutorial addon's (Dead Line) download link is on the steam store, and its addon files are often used as a template by third party mod makers. It's very possible this is the work of fans.

The original L4D1 campaigns ARE coming to L4D2, it's just anyone's guess if Valve or the modders will do it (bet on the modders, they're eager and Valve's supplying the tools).

Oh, well it was weird seeing that and the location, then both vanishing. Then my net crapping out. :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
syllogism said:
They even had to make separate VS maps for the first game because they were completely designed around coop. I've spent an embarrassing amount of hours playing VS actually and it's pretty obvious l4d2 maps have more areas designed for infected ambushes than the first game. It's still way too easy obviously with the default settings, but the map design isn't the main reason for it.

Explain to me how any of Swamp Fever is built for VS then. I defy you to defend any part of that campaign and it's implementation into VS. Spawning in that map is damn near impossible to do decently as most areas are wide open. Hellen Keller could get through some of those maps because of the distance the Inf have to move across wide open spaces to actually get within attack range.

Firestorm said:
Neither were designed very well for VS. The difference in L4D2 is that at least it doesn't consist of camping in a corner and using melee for minutes at a time. L4D2's new special infected classes discourage camping in a game which is all about progress.

Only one of the new infected stops corner camping and camping still works fine against it as the corners camped in 2 are open enough the Surv can move over 5 feet and still be completely safe. Look at the Swamp Fever plane crescendo for a perfect example of this.

syllogism

vertopci said:
Swamp fever is such an awesome map for versus and blood harvest is such a shit map for versus amirite?

lulz
Swamp fever is pretty terrible, but the only reason blood harvest has a good map or two is foliage combined with some openness, that's it. More coincidental than by design really.

Top Bottom