• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

llamarawk

Obviously this is too wishful of thinking, but a digital preorder/preload for this game would be sweet so I can play as soon as possible.

Why is it seemingly hard for you to believe and accept it's 1080p?
All the direct feed footage I've seen has been 720p, I've only seen forum posters claim it to be 1080p and I would expect it to be a bigger bullet point if it was actually 1080p. I just want some concrete evidence is all.

Because then he couldn't complain that the WiiU is an under-powered refurbished 360.
Go fuck yourself.

zroid

Banned
No bloom reference? Really OP?

FISSION MAILED.

:(

Nintendo not bloomed, after all

WW is ten times the game that TP is.

I actually like WW, unlike every other Zelda game I've played.

WW is my least favourite 3D Zelda game at the moment (only one I never finished), but I'm pretty excited about a lot of changes here so I'm very hyped. It is the most beautiful game in the series, regardless about my feelings on the rest of the game, so rendered in HD only makes that moreso the case. In my veins!

brilliance-50hs8m.jpg

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

No...just no...that's not what Wind Waker looks like.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do want...eventually. Price is a bit too high for end of year gaming budget. In time it will be mine.

JB2448

All the direct feed footage I've seen has been 720p, I've only seen forum posters claim it to be 1080p and I would expect it to be a bigger bullet point if it was actually 1080p. I just want some concrete evidence is all.

From the American official site, under "New Features":
Remastered HD Brilliance
As the definitive version of the game, you will experience The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker HD in gorgeous, fully remastered 1080p graphics. Enjoy high-definition cell-shaded brilliance on your TV or entirely on the Wii U GamePad controller.

Birathen

Anyone else buying it digital and the Limited Edition? I can't wait til October 4th ._.

If only Nindento of Yuropa had it in their hearts to do a early DD release I would dip so deep I'd end up with 3 copies :( But it is not to be. Got LE preorder from the UK and here in Sweden but will cancel the UK one when I can get confirmation from gamestop here I'm getting my copy.

Looking forward to picking this up on the eShop whenever I'm done with GTA. Really, really, really wish it was possible to toggle the bloom off though. :(

Edit: also, thread title is awful. Didn't most people vote for "I coveted that bloom I suppose"?

MegalonJJ

Banned

Iwata said it's 1080p during the E3 Direct. It's confirmed to be 1080p on the official site too.

There's also 1080p footage from the review copies .

I have four games left on my backlog to clear before I will allow myself to buy this.

I fully plan on buying this come the 20th. COME AT ME BACKLOG.

Honestly, this game is everything. The only game I would like to see given this treatment more is Resident Evil 4.

I shall go back to the Great Sea.
I shall crest those waves and survive those storms once again.
I shall earn the right to wear the green of heroes.

This game makes me go a little crazy.

I want this game eventually, but I'm not eager to play it for some reason. Maybe it's never been one of my favorite Zelda's in the series.

If it was TPHD I'd play it. TP looks so ugly on SD graphics that I'd replay it in HD. WW aged pretty well so I'm not as excited for a HD vers.

LAA

Is this coming to UK eShop next week?

Even if it is, I just saw on the eShop they're planning to sell it for £50!?
They better decrease it, otherwise, goodbye to yet another digital purchase from me, they're really not making it easy for anyone.

I thought Wind Waker was supposed to be cheaper than usual priced games...

Joqu

The lack of a "The" in the title bothers me for some reason, but that might just be me. :X

Anyway, have fun with this guys. I'll watch and cry until October in the meantime.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Is this coming to UK eShop next week?

Even if it is, I just saw on the eShop they're planning to sell it for £50!?

Hopefully GameUK offer download codes for £34.99 ala Pikmin 3.

Then again Pikmin 3 & W101 were £39.99 on eShop, so it's strange that WWHD is £50.

Timeaisis

I'm so excited for this. Definitely the most excited I've ever been for a re-release. Kinda sucks I have to be waiting patiently for the retail copy...gotta get that Ganondorf figure.

R0ckman

Fail troll post here as Nintendo never stated that this was a remake.

Then apparently the fans are doing the false advertising for them, keep in mind I liked WW but Im not a troll for being critical and saying Im not buying an HD version of a cel shaded game with features that should gave been in the first game and with the need of pure editions to the game via side stories, art work, dungeons.

Take that fanboy defense system down. Thats why I hate talking with the Nintendo fanbase sometimes, its like you can have all their systems including virtual boy, post a video of you taking a tour through your nintendo inspired collection room, and STILL be labeled a troll when you critisize the company. Keep in mind that the company blames YOU when they do something stupid. At least thats what NOA does from what I understand.

Take that fanboy defense system down. Thats why I hate talking with the Nintendo fanbase sometimes, its like you can have all their systems including virtual boy, post a video of you taking a tour through your nintendo inspired collection room, and STILL be labeled a troll when you critisize the company.

Is this not the case with most fanbases? Why single out Nintendo fans?

Busaiku

I'll probably wait till the 4th too.
I'm getting the physical regardless, just wasn't sure if I should also get the digital.

Top Bottom