• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Tookay

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

No...just no...that's not what Wind Waker looks like.

Yeah.

It looks better.

R0ckman

Is this not the case with most fanbases? Why single out Nintendo fans?

I dont want to take this too far off topic, but I think the deal with Xbox showed that some fans will realize when a company has gone too far. From what I've observed I don't think that Nintendo fans will jump ship if they ever develop something that inevitably screws over the customer.

I also never heard of a company treating the consumer like a child. Which Nintendo does. I work as a web and app dev and I work with the people who promote things in the company. They will talk to the consumers and actually listen to their target audience. It sounds like Nintendo will do this:

Fans: We want MOTHER 3 please!
Nintendo: No you don't, you want Mario Party 1011...
*Mario Party 1011 sells like complete shit.*
Nintendo: Stupid fans dont know what they want.
Fans: We want a new F-Zero game.
Nintendo: No you don't, you want Wii Shit!

And the cycle continues...

hwy_61

Banned
I have no idea where to display the Ganon figure. I guess I'll put it on my TV stand...

Where the hell do you people display you LE/SE crap?

BlackJace

I dont want to take this too far off topic, but I think the deal with Xbox showed that some fans will realize when a company has gone too far. From what I've observed I don't think that Nintendo fans will jump ship if they ever develop something that inevitably screws over the customer.

I also never heard of a company treating the consumer like a child. Which Nintendo does. I work as a web and app dev and I work with the people who promote things in the company. They will talk to the consumers and actually listen to their target audience. It sounds like Nintendo will do this:

Stop shitting up the thread or you won't last here long.

hwy_61

Banned

This shit post doesn't belong here, dude.

Funny how you use Mother 3 as an example when the only reason we got Earthbound is because fans asked for it on Miiverse.

There are many examples where Nintendo listens to their fans, and really, everything you say can be leveled at other companies.

Finally, not all Nintendo fans are the same. Generalising isn't going to get you far here.

Let's move on.

zroid

Banned

Stop trying to derail the OT with this crap. If you want to talk about this, go make your own thread. Oh, and being a junior who can't make threads yet doesn't give you the right to post whatever the hell you want in other threads.

R0ckman

Dude he asked me why I single out Nintendo fans, i was just answering his question. Seriously. But anyway ON TOPIC, i was unser the impression that they would do so much more with the Wii U version of this, i'm suprised people are excited for it.

Dude he asked me why I single out Nintendo fans, i was just answering his question. Seriously. But anyway ON TOPIC, i was unser the impression that they would do so much more with the Wii U version of this, i'm suprised people are excited for it.

Sigh...so much more like what? Did you read the list of changes?

Lexxism

I ordered both the bundle and the ganondorf figure. If things go well, I will be selling the download card. Hopefully I can find a good buyer.

hwy_61

Banned

They've remastered the entire game, and added some mechanics to some of the annoyances. What were you wishing for?

Shaanyboi

Banned

What were you expecting, exactly?

The shot from the HD version is (WW spoilers)
also from when the room is reactivated. It is entirely grey with no color before then.

HD version isn't greyscaled at that point like the original is
- they added a slight yellowish tone. Trust me, it's still frozen in that image.

Shiggy

Really excited about this game! Seems like the limited edition really is limited. Should make some profit during Christmas. :D

Dude, if you don't like Wind Waker you'll probably never like it, but there is no way to argue that Nintendo hasn't done all it can to make this remaster the best it possibly can be.

For me, who loved the original, this is like a dream come true.

HD version isn't greyscaled at that point like the original is
- they added a slight yellowish tone. Trust me, it's still frozen in that image.

Oh man, in that case I'm looking forward to what it looks like properly then. Even more overdone post-processing galore! Time to have our eyeballs singed.

Edit:
It's easy to tell what state that room is in. What sword is Link holding?

Good point, heh.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The shot from the HD version is (WW spoilers)
also from when the room is reactivated. It is entirely grey with no color before then.

It should be easy to tell what state that room is in by the sword Link is holding. But this screenshot is odd, since that's 100% the after state (spoiler video proof). The sword is actually conflicting. Unless you can change which sword you have equipped? I forget if you could do that. Or it could just be an in-development nonsense screen.

[Edit] I edited this post into like 10 different things heh.

R0ckman

Dude, if you don't like Wind Waker you'll probably never like it, but there is no way to argue that Nintendo hasn't done all it can to make this remaster the best it possibly can be.

For me, who loved the original, this is like a dream come true.

I actually loved the game, but I hate that it was rushed. And then when I hear that things get left out its a huge bummer.

I think I played through 3 or 4 times in a row when I first got it.

I thought with this remake Id get the chance to see a finished game. Id rather play an un hd game that is what the orginal envisionment of the game would be I guess. I want somekind of extra content. But you cant really say that anywhere without being called a troll.

I actually loved the game, but I hate that it was rushed. And then when I hear that things get left out its a huge bummer.

I think I played through 3 or 4 times in a row when I first got it.

I thought with this remake Id get the chance to see a finished game. Id rather play an un hd game that is what the orginal envisionment of the game would be I guess. I want somekind of extra content. But you cant really say that anywhere without being called a troll.

Who says it was rushed? What got left out?

The dungeons from the original that got cut were used in TP/other Zelda games.

Lexxism

Oh, yeah I forgot to ask. This is my first time EVER playing a zelda game. Is it okay to play this game or should I play other Zelda game first?

Oh, yeah I forgot to ask. This is my first time EVER playing a zelda game. Is it okay to play this game or should I play other Zelda game first?

Doesn't matter, though I suppose one might argue you should play OoT first.

Not at all necessary IMO

Anth0ny

I don't want to have to play TP/other Zeldas to experience the dungeons that were cut from Wind Waker.

I wish they just added them into Wind Waker HD. this was their perfect chance.

Mistle

Can I play with the Pro Pad, but still have the gamepad for map and inventory?
Sort of like how Pikmin 3 worked.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I don't want to have to play TP/other Zeldas to experience the dungeons that were cut from Wind Waker.

I wish they just added them into Wind Waker HD. this was their perfect chance.

Sometimes (lots of times) when something is "cut" from a game, it's because they don't actually want it there. Maybe the dungeon ended up shitty, and only total re-development during the scope of Twilight Princess refactored it into something worthwhile, and at that point it was dependent upon mechanics that simply didn't exist in Wind Waker. You can't "just add" things like that. We really don't know enough about anything that was cut from Wind Waker to assume it's re-insertable in a fashion that would be any different from just making a brand new optional dungeon from scratch.

Now asking for a new bonus dungeon, that's not entirely unreasonable, there's been precedent (Zelda DX, LTTP GBA), but whatever they ended up making surely wouldn't even resemble something that was "cut" from the original game. That content can't possibly still exist in any kind of coherent or applicable form that would make its inclusion easy or expected.

R0ckman

Im pretty sure it was in an interview. I dont believe them on the "we added ideas in other games" thing. I did want more islands.

Tokieda

From your avatar I gather you own a 3DS. There's a reason Ocarina of Time comes up when people talk about the best games ever. You really, really owe it to yourself to try it.

That being said, no, I don't think so. I suppose you could call Wind Waker a sequel, but it's not built like one, and there is no supposed knowledge or anything.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Im pretty sure it was in an interview. I dont believe them on the "we added ideas in other games" thing. I did want more islands.

What's not to believe? See: Mario Galaxy 2. Games often end development with huge volumes of content left on the cutting room floor, in various states of completion or quality. It seems exceedingly natural to look at that content when you're working on later games, and see if any of it can be salvaged.

You can definitely play this one without much trouble.

This was the first Zelda I completed (to my shame).

The fact you're new to the series shouldn't put you off from getting this game.

R0ckman

What's not to believe? See: Mario Galaxy 2. Games often end development with huge volumes of content left on the cutting room floor, in various states of completion or quality. It seems exceedingly natural to look at that content when you're working on later games, and see if any of it can be salvaged.

Well i guess from how I look at it, you can pull elements out of something but it wouldnt be the same. Lets say the water temple from TP was meant to be
Jabun, would you rather have had Jabuns belly
complete with newly and interestingly designed WW style enemies and elements or what we ended up with in TP?

I hope to god they dont design their dungeons from how it works to what the enviornment is. Enviornment to mechanics seems much better.

Wasnt there suppose to be
one last sage too? Using Aryl for a sage would have been nice. To thus day I hate that she was a plot device.

Lexxism

Doesn't matter, though I suppose one might argue you should play OoT first.

Not at all necessary IMO

From your avatar I gather you own a 3DS. There's a reason Ocarina of Time comes up when people talk about the best games ever. You really, really owe it to yourself to try it.

That being said, no, I don't think so. I suppose you could call Wind Waker a sequel, but it's not built like one, and there is no supposed knowledge or anything.

You can definitely play this one without much trouble.

This was the first Zelda I completed (to my shame).

The fact you're new to the series shouldn't put you off from getting this game.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom