• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legendary and Universal Pictures announce the cast for WARCRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1234

Who? So basically, all the name actors either laughed at the money offered or they took a look at the script and were like, "Haha, no." This is gonna suck.

Who? So basically, all the name actors either laughed at the money offered or they took a look at the script and were like, "Haha, no." This is gonna suck.

Because everyone in The Lord of the Rings were a-list superstars before that film came out, amirite?

I'm not saying this is going to be on that tier but come on, guys

Big blockbuster ensemble films are often how stars get made, not the other way around

This is good as that means they will be cheap for the first movie and any success leading to sequels will be less expensive.

y5npkS0l.jpg

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Have people seriously never heard of Ben Foster or Paula Patton? There are more than 10 actors in the world, guys.

Dany

Banned
Ben Foster is good actor that needs more exposure. Paula Patton is gorgeous and a good addition, lovely actress. Dominic Cooper has a face I want to punch whenever i see it

I don't recall seeing the others in anything before. But so far I like the cast I guess. thats a good start

Didn't they already confirm this is going to be live action and based on Warcraft: Orcs and Humans?

The 2nd part is the only reason I'd be interested in watching.

Loxley

So, when weighing the pros and cons based off of everything we know about this movie, I still don't get how people can be genuinely cynical about it. At worst I can understand being skeptical or indifferent. I can't imagine it's because of a lack of talent. Is it just because it's Warcraft and lolwarcraft?

This is quite possibly the best-case scenario a "video game movie" has ever had. You want something to worry about? Worry about that Assassin's Creed movie - that has Disney's Prince of Persia written all over it.

valeo

Travis Himmel is boss in Vikings, Ben Foster is pretty awesome in everything (better than Mr. Gosling, imo) - rest i'm meh about.

Still feel like this is going to tank.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Love Ben Foster. I want to be like why doesn't he get more roles, but he is ridiculously intense.

I like Toby Kebbell a lot too. I hope he plays a rogue like character since his acting suits that type of character. But if you look back at all his films. He's played a paladin type dude, a rogue type dude, and a sorcerer/wizard/whatever. I don't know how or when he got typecast for this type of shit.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ben Foster is going to go fucking crazy in this role... He always does.

I'm skeptical but until we have more information I can't really say much.

They don't have any big-name actors, which could be a terrible or great thing.

I would have preferred to see the movie done in CGI I think, especially if it's to the standards of their game trailers and cutscenes.

Demy

Is Ben Foster the poor man's Gosling? I don't recognize him.
Someone throw recommendations out so I can watch and get hyped for this.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So, when weighing the pros and cons based off of everything we know about this movie, I still don't get how people can be genuinely cynical about it. At worst I can understand being skeptical or indifferent. I can't imagine it's because of a lack of talent. Is it just because it's Warcraft and lolwarcraft?

This is quite possibly the best-case scenario a "video game movie" has ever had. You want something to worry about? Worry about that Assassin's Creed movie - that has Disney's Prince of Persia written all over it.
Yeah, this is shaping up to be really awesome. This is actually one of those things that I had no interest in until really recently. With the info we got from Blizzcon, it really seems like they're going to go all out with this movie.

Skeptics have a right to be skeptical, though. Video game movies don't have a good history behind them. In fact, they have a downright track record. That, or they're just being negative for the sake of negativity... which is also nothing new. You're right, though; there's not much for skeptics to latch on to. Everything we've heard so far sounds great.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Rob Kazinsky as come a long way since eastenders, pacific rim and now this

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...ster-krabs-joins-world-of-warcraft-movie-cast

Daniel Wu and Clancy Brown join the cast. I'm guessing Paula Patton and Daniel Wu are going to be night elves. Just need Ron Perlman playing an Orc.

I really hope they stay close to the game's design, but I'm betting night elves will have pupils and there won't be any Taurens. I really think Warcraft's biggest advantage would be in its unique visual portrayal of currently-overdone fantasy imagery in movies, as well as how there is no clear line between who is good and evil in relation to race. Having an orc as a protagonist would be cool, but I'm hoping the movie will be about two sides and not a buddy team of every race.

Parch

Because everyone in The Lord of the Rings were a-list superstars before that film came out, amirite?
Big blockbuster ensemble films are often how stars get made, not the other way around
That's what I was thinking. This isn't the type of movie that requires star power. Casting isn't critical.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...ster-krabs-joins-world-of-warcraft-movie-cast

Daniel Wu and Clancy Brown join the cast. I'm guessing Paula Patton and Daniel Wu are going to be night elves. Just need Ron Perlman playing an Orc.

I really hope they stay close to the game's design, but I'm betting night elves will have pupils and there won't be any Taurens. I really think Warcraft's biggest advantage would be in its unique visual portrayal of currently-overdone fantasy imagery in movies, as well as how there is no clear line between who is good and evil in relation to race. Having an orc as a protagonist would be cool, but I'm hoping the movie will be about two sides and not a buddy team of every race.

It's Dark Portal opening Orc invasion era movie isn't it? That means no night elves, no taurens, etc.

Orcs vs Humans.

4LjOj17.gif

why doesn't anyone use tim curry anymore D-:

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's Dark Portal opening Orc invasion era movie isn't it? That means no night elves, no taurens, etc.

Orcs vs Humans.

I just read that, fuck. Only hope is that the sequels, if any are made, are many generations later. But they would never do that, they'll want to keep the same lead actors. Best they could do is end with Thrall being born and taken captive, and make the sequel with him older.

Talk about taking something that has a lot of original value and turn it into your typical humans VS orcs movie. Doesn't matter what the visuals would be, as soon as people know it's humans and orcs, it's over. At least it should have orc wizards, which is a bit unexpected to the average-joe.

Does that mean no dwarves either? If none of the other races are there day one, it's going to be fucking stupid to bring a bunch of them in later movies, which means it won't happen.

That's not a really fair comparison at all. Most of the main characters had very well known careers. Hugo Weaving was in the matrix. Sean Bean was a Bond villain. John Rhys Davies was in Indiana Jones. Only real unknown was Orlando Bloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom