• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any fans of the LEGO games on here, LEGO Batman DC Superheroes and Geyond Gotham are both on sale for Android for $2 each.

I think they're straight ports of the 3DS and Vita versions. I picked up Beyond Gotham myself (don't have the console version of it yet).

Rootbeer

Banned
*edit* seems this promo started on 3/11 but I didn't notice.

TRU in the USA has LEGO CMF 2 for $5 through 3/26. Offer is in store only.

Probably the closest to Buy 1 Get 1 free you're likely to find on CMF.

Ponn

Banned
:O

I was hoping for a creator expert rollercoaster, but any new set in that area is great news.

Was also hoping for a rollercoaster but as soon as they showed the Friends rollercoaster knew a Creator one wasnt going to happen.

Id like a bigger carousel than the WV one ive been using, on the other hand a bit disappointed because i wanted to see something new from them.

I am almost positive that this new Creator Carousel will NOT be as lavish and sumptuous as the Grand Carousel was. (Which will forever be one my big regrets as i never had a chance to get it) Still though, if it manages to even come CLOSE to that, it will be a must buy no questions asked!

Unicorn

*edit* seems this promo started on 3/11 but I didn't notice.

Woah! Does this sale usually wipe TRU out? I'll probably get some now.

TheFuzz

Did anyone else notice an unevenness while building the Firehouse floors? I think it's the flexing of so many plates, anyone else notice it before attaching the floors?

Phon, didnt you mention this? Did it help when it was all assembled and pieced together?

Rootbeer

Banned
Amazon deal of the day. Milano is but one of several LEGO sets on sale there. Check out the toy section for more.

6abace362cf5225c308e23d94e03c837.png

Woah! Does this sale usually wipe TRU out? I'll probably get some now.
The latest series has been out for a while, so you might be able to find some. The last time I saw them do this, my local TRU had 2 or 3 boxes, so they planned for the sale well.

Anyone here have experience with getting replacement stickers for REALLY old sets?

I mean, i know that for newer ones you can just contact Lego and they will send you the sticker sheet but... just HOW recent does the set need to be for them to still carry them in stock? The Venator i got used on Ebay the other day has arrived and while the pieces SEEM to all be in place at first glance, the stickers look really dated and are starting to peel off :( It IS a 2009 set after all i believe so it must have gone OOP when? 2011?

BrickLink has a couple stores that carry em but i am not about to pay 40 bucks for a sticker sheet

ruxtpin

Banned
Has anyone here bought and built the Sydney Opera House? The $300 dollar plus set, seeing as how the rumor above looks like it might be going soon - was wondering if it's worth the drop.

TheFuzz

Did anyone else notice an unevenness while building the Firehouse floors? I think it's the flexing of so many plates, anyone else notice it before attaching the floors?

Phon, didnt you mention this? Did it help when it was all assembled and pieced together?

Anyone? I noticed it helped once the walls were built up, but just wanted to make sure.

Unicorn

TRU completely wiped out. Couldn't find them anywhere.

Gonna try price matching at Walmart.

Wtf none to be found here either.

Koren

I wish my supermarket would carry more often CMF, because 2.50€ it the "normal" price there (although I guess they'll reach 3€ now with the price increase everywhere). Thankfully I managed to get the full monster series last fall, which is the series I was the most interested in.

Has anyone here bought and built the Sydney Opera House? The $300 dollar plus set, seeing as how the rumor above looks like it might be going soon - was wondering if it's worth the drop.

I did. It was... not really worth it. It's HUGE and rather pretty, but it doesn't scale with anything and it's HUGE. It takes up a shelf on its own. It's a seriously great parts pack for dark tan though, but other than that...

I got mine for 25% off. I would never have gotten it at full price.

I just read up on the Lego Clickbrick store in Odaiba, Tokyo. I'll be visiting Joypolis and the Gundam statue in the area, so this is a must to add to the list.

Does anyone know about any JP Lego exclusives?

GF and I went to the Lego Store today. They didn't have many of the new speed champion sets. Ended up getting the Corvette, and a damaged box Camaro duel set for 20%, Berlin skyline architecture set and the resistance X Wing microfighter.

GF wants the fairground mixer. Our anniversary is coming up and I might splurge and get that. I don't know, we still have to put together the Kwik E Mart still.

Opera House is a cool build with some neat techniques, but in the end is just a giant and expensive parts pack. I liked the set a lot, but wouldn't go crazy over gettin it.

Take that as you will.

Of the supposedly retiring sets, Fairground Mixer is better. And it goes so well with the fantastic Ferris Wheel.

TRU completely wiped out. Couldn't find them anywhere.

Gonna try price matching at Walmart.

Wtf none to be found here either.

I'm in California and have yet to see any CMFs at Target or Walmart. TRU that was not too far out of my way closed so now nearest TRU by me is a 15-20 minute drive from my workplace out of my way.

iosefe

Time for your Plane Recommendation of the day.

today i bought the Creator Propeller Plane

great build, good sized plane when built. and even better, it's Figure scale so drop a pilot in there. it feels just right.

it's a two for two to me for the 2016 creator plane line up. definitely consider it, if you're building a plane collection

Venti, Grande, Tall man

Good pic; you beat me to it!

I love the little statue figs. They have me wanting the Helicarrier for all of the included micro figs.

CeCQk-lUYAEN5ZU.jpg

This is all your fault, Toythatkills. I blame you for this more than anyone.

I'm seriously close to doing the same thing. Given that I haven't really dabbled in Technic since the early 80s I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Please tell me it's terrible and not worth the money.

Minifig question for all:

All my figs end up sorted in themed plastic shoeboxes squirreled away in a closet in the basement. I'd like to find a decent way to display them but I'm not sure what the best option is. I've got quite a few SW & Marvel one specifically, so has anybody come up with a good way to show them off?

I love Wet's frames but when we're dealing with 15+ Iron Man variants and a boatload of Lukes it doesn't seem practical. It's the volume that's killing me.

According to Jang the entry-level R8 Speed Champions set is bringing the heat. As an Audi driver I've been looking forward to this one. The shape seems to capture the feel of the real vehicle very well and the fig print is terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-20tyN39k0

Conversely the R18 build seems pretty lackluster. I'm not terribly familiar with the car but the build looks super blocky. I like the cockpit but the rest is underwhelming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfHt_qvstao

According to Jang the entry-level R8 Speed Champions set is bringing the heat. As an Audi driver I've been looking forward to this one. The shape seems to capture the feel of the real vehicle very well and the fig print is terrific.

Conversely the R18 build seems pretty lackluster. I'm not terribly familiar with the car but the build looks super blocky. I like the cockpit but the rest is underwhelming.

I just build the McLaren and LaFerrari overall I like what they are doing with Speed Champions but without serious specialized pieces, some of the cars are going to look weird since sport cars are mostly curve and well Lego pieces are block shape. I really dig it though and looking forward to future releases.

The shape is a little off and I don't really like how the front side fender look but it's not bad and look nice on display.

R-User!

CeCQk-lUYAEN5ZU.jpg

This is all your fault, Toythatkills. I blame you for this more than anyone.

Congratulations! You're the proud owner of a new Mercedes Benz
LEGO set!

Fortunately for you, you won't have to ever take it to a Mercedes Benz mechanic...

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Just when I thought prices couldn't get better on some of the LEGO Dimensions Fun Packs unless they went on clearance.
May be a mistake so jump on it if you are on the fence or want them.

Target has BOGO 50% off which works on the ones already reduced to $7.50. That's an additional 25% off $7.50. Time to build my Cyberman and Dalek army just in case LEGO doesn't come out with any battle packs in the future.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=...|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_lego+dimensions

Lots of other sales it seems are going on at Amazon and Target. Check out ToysNBricks for the sales.

EDIT: There was a limit of 3 online for the Cyberman one. That was the only one I tried. I will check store tomorrow if I can get more or if there is a limit.

Ugh. Checked out the 1st video and had to immediately disagree with Jang here (something that is pretty rare). That FRONT turned me off right off the bat. I mean, they should have done it with pieces somehow... those 2 huge stickers as a front is just a giant no go for me.

Ugh. Checked out the 1st video and had to immediately disagree with Jang here (something that is pretty rare). That FRONT turned me off right off the bat. I mean, they should have done it with pieces somehow... those 2 huge stickers as a front is just a giant no go for me.
Hmm, I though it looks pretty good Audi tend to have that big fat nose section. The one that looks off to me when the Camero. (And the LaFerrari)

peely

Neo Member
Double VIP set to end tomorrow so the fiance said we needed to order the Ghostbuster's Firehouse before it was too late :eek:, so instead we agreed to pop out to the local Lego shop to get it ;)

But that's not the point of this post. You lot are also to blame for me getting the Fairground Mixer for pointing out that it's going OOP ;)

Any suggestions on how two people can build the Firehouse together greatly appreciated :)

Ponn

Banned
Double VIP set to end tomorrow so the fiance said we needed to order the Ghostbuster's Firehouse before it was too late :eek:, so instead we agreed to pop out to the local Lego shop to get it ;)

But that's not the point of this post. You lot are also to blame for me getting the Fairground Mixer for pointing out that it's going OOP ;)

Any suggestions on how two people can build the Firehouse together greatly appreciated :)

Mix the bags. One person sorts while the other builds, take turns.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
I forgot that double VIP ends soon, so I went to my Lego shop at lunch.

Was close to pulling the trigger on the Sandcrawler, but couldn't do it. However, my gut feeling guided me to the Classic TV Batcave which I did end up getting.

DL pdf instructions. Look for which bags start new floors. You build the first, and she builds the second.

Or else have one sort and the other build. Either way, a tablet and pdf instructions are a must.

I forgot that double VIP ends soon, so I went to my Lego shop at lunch.

Was close to pulling the trigger on the Sandcrawler, but couldn't do it. However, my gut feeling guided me to the Classic TV Batcave which I did end up getting.

Did they have it built and on display? I really do think it's a set that needs to be seen in person to be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom