• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

Just out of curiosity, how would you guys generally rank the modulars? Curious if the Pet Shop is indeed considered on the upper end, or if the remaining three that are still readily available have plenty of room to impress me...

Pet shop is bottom tier for me, poor man's Green Grocer as far as I'm concerned

COME AT ME!

ghostmind

Parisian Restaurant
Detective's Office
Green Grocer
Brick Bank
Town Hall
Pet Shop
Fire Brigade
Palace Cinema
Grand Emporium

The last three years of modulars have completely changed the rankings for me.

boltz

Got my Ewok Village order from Lego Shop today and was very disappointed to see damage to the box. Hopefully I can get it exchanged for an undamaged set, but this is going to make me paranoid for any future sets I order from them :(

I've been getting the LEGO itch recently and have been looking at finally expanding my Mini-Modular set with the Modular building that have come out since that set.

Using the LEGO Digital Designer years ago, I designed my own Mini Pet Shop, Cinema, and Town Hall. The Pet Shop was based off of a photo I found of a Mini Pet Shop, but it has since had instructions put online (but I think I like mine better).

I built my own Mini Cinema from scratch back when it released, but looking back at my design it's pretty rough; one I found one online looks better in a lot of ways, so I'm planning on trying to merge my design with that one.

The Mini Town Hall I designed based off of an existed one someone had made online, but they didn't get the scale right compared to the other Mini Modular. I'm actually super happy with how mine came out and I posted it on Moc Pages.

I was planning on designing my own Mini Restaurant, Detective Office, and Bank, but there are actually some great ones other people have done online with instructions and piece lists. Some of them I'll want to tweak myself but I think I definitely want to buy the pieces and build them for myself.

OMG
MxwmrBQ.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/4aynvt/masterpieced_starcraft_ii_hyperion_battlecruiser/

Just....how? Can't even imagine the amount of pieces, money, time, frustration etc. that must have gone into this project.

Sometimes i wonder how so many people seem to have unlimited amounts of motivation, time, money and more in order to manage such giant projects while i am often struggling to put together a single set in less than a week or 2

Also: We REALLY need Mini Modulars vol. 2 now! Come on Lego! There's been enough new modulars now for that to happen!

Just....how? Can't even imagine the amount of pieces, money, time, frustration etc. that must have gone into this project.

Sometimes i wonder how so many people seem to have unlimited amounts of motivation, time, money and more in order to manage such giant projects while i am often struggling to put together a single set in less than a week or 2

Also: We REALLY need Mini Modulars vol. 2 now! Come on Lego! There's been enough new modulars now for that to happen!

I'd really like a Midi Modulars line that would be more in scale with the City line in terms of size and detail..

Osahi

So, what are the thoughts on imperial shuttle tiberium? Seriously contemplating getting it for about 25% off.

It is this one or the tfa resistance troop transporter, but i guess the latter will be available a bit longer...

So, what are the thoughts on imperial shuttle tiberium? Seriously contemplating getting it for about 25% off.

It is this one or the tfa resistance troop transporter, but i guess the latter will be available a bit longer...

It would be an impulse buy for me if I had access to such a price. It's REALLY good. I love the Troop Transport as well but the Lambda class shuttle is so iconic, and the set is so much nicer, especially wrt the minifigs you get with it..

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!

willp2003

I really like it, and I paid full price. I'd recommend making a stand for it so it can be displayed with the wings down, but that does increase the space needed to display it. I haven't got the UCS version, so this was the next best thing.

Osahi

I really like it, and I paid full price. I'd recommend making a stand for it so it can be displayed with the wings down, but that does increase the space needed to display it. I haven't got the UCS version, so this was the next best thing.

Uhu, the stand thing is what's keeping me from pulling the trigger for now, as landing mode doesn't look as good. Well, I'll get my paycheck tomorrow and will decide then, depending on how much I earned this month (a freelancers bane)

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member

It's one of my favorite Lego SW ships and it looks great! I also thought it was fun to build.

Just received a score of bootleg chinese stormtrooper and clone trooper minifigs I bought as an experiment in the mail and I'm amazed at how hard they are to tell apart from real LEGO minifigures..

Just received a score of bootleg chinese stormtrooper and clone trooper minifigs I bought as an experiment in the mail and I'm amazed at how hard they are to tell apart from real LEGO minifigures..

Do they have the Lego logo on neck stump, between leg pegs, and on bottom of feet?

Ravek

Banned
Well, just sold my Tumbler and Helicarrier for $300 all together. They were gifts from an ex gf that I despise so its pure profit. I really didn't think LEGO was THAT popular in my area but I put the ad on craigslist at 7am this morning and by 8am I had seven people interested and no one tried to lower the price, which is crazy.

Yup.

Ponn

Banned
Well, just sold my Tumbler and Helicarrier for $300 all together. They were gifts from an ex gf that I despise so its pure profit. I really didn't think LEGO was THAT popular in my area but I put the ad on craigslist at 7am this morning and by 8am I had seven people interested and no one tried to lower the price, which is crazy.

Yup.

Jeez, they shouldn't try to lower it cause thats a steal. Tumbler is oop and already seeing it going for around the $300 range. That was basically half of 2 huge lego sets. Love stinks I guess.

Yup.

Am cry.

Would have paid more than that. You could have kept all minifigs and still got that price!

TheFuzz

Yup.

Yeah, you got hosed. That's an easy sell for double. You got so many bites because you basically gave them away.

Ravek

Banned
Jeez, they shouldn't try to lower it cause thats a steal. Tumbler is oop and already seeing it going for around the $300 range. That was basically half of 2 huge lego sets. Love stinks I guess.

Am cry.

Would have paid more than that. You could have kept all minifigs and still got that price!

I knew it was low, but it was priced to sell. I did not anticipate the level of willing buyers. Now that I know, I will price it better for other sets if I decide to sell them.

I knew it was low, but it was priced to sell. I did not anticipate the level of willing buyers. Now that I know, I will price it better for other sets if I decide to sell them.

What have you done GAF.. You ruined my chances of buying out the rest of his collection for dirt cheap :(

I am absolutely loving and hating it at the same time.
Word to the wise, you have to be on your A game while doing Technic. The instructions are a bit unforgiving.

I sort of liked that they were a bit confusing, it made me concentrate a lot more. When I'm building Lego I quite often won't even bother finding all the pieces I need for each step before putting it together, just kind of wing it.

I knew almost immediately that that wasn't gonna fly with this, though, so I was a good little builder. Still messed up a few times though, all part of the fun! They were easy fixes, luckily.

The greeble is strong in that one.

With all the retro space nostalgia from the exo-suit variants, I enjoyed seeing this MOC that cleverly put minifigs from different eras all together.

25272199524_ea2b2bcf0a_b.jpg

Space Academy - Lecture Room L15a by justin_m_winn, on Flickr

Yup.

Wow. Must've been really bad to unload at that price. I'm sure you are familiar with Bricklink as you're an on and off regular in this thread. I use that site also for gauging selling prices. eBay tends to be priced all over the place and be hyper-inflated sometimes.

Lol I don't think anyone could afford the whole collection.

Now we're all curious. Put an estimate out there. :) If not in $$$, then in pieces and minifigs. :)

Ravek

Banned
Wow. Must've been really bad to unload at that price. I'm sure you are familiar with Bricklink as you're an on and off regular in this thread. I use that site also for gauging selling prices. eBay tends to be priced all over the place and be hyper-inflated sometimes.

Now we're all curious. Put an estimate out there. :) If not in $$$, then in pieces and minifigs. :)

Honestly, I woke up this morning and just decided to sell those two. Im not needing money or anything. All the money is actually going to my next annual LEGO Day that I have with my two kids.

Estimate would def be in the tens of thousands to a real AFOL. I've been collecting since I was 5 (28 now). I've gone through my dark ages but I always came back and never got rid of any of mt sets.

Until now. And yeah, I'm aware of bricklink. Just never really gave it a shot. I might soon though.

God Blackton is so cool. I know I have at least one minifig somewhere from my Long Long Ago collection but I wish they'd make an update or something so I could get more. Though it's such a badass figure having only one makes him kind of a lone wolf and that much better.

Edit: I know they did Blacktron II but I think we can all agree that while being cool in their own way, those minifigs don't even come close to as cool as the originals.

Blacktron 2 had a cool color scheme and the one big wheeled vehicle was a pretty cool one.

Though Blacktron 1 had the superior color scheme.

Rootbeer

Banned
... wow. I'm just, in total awe of how bad that SW May the 4th figure is.. wow. WOW.

It's almost insulting compared to past promos. Sigh.

It's almost identical to the vested stormtrooper from the recent Battle Pack only it has... wait for it... one extra pouch on the vest...

thanks, LEGO

Jimbro72

... wow. I'm just, in total awe of how bad that SW May the 4th figure is.. wow. WOW.

It's almost insulting compared to past promos. Sigh.

It's almost identical to the vested stormtrooper from the recent Battle Pack only it has... wait for it... one extra pouch on the vest...

thanks, LEGO

Agreed. But at least there is also a free TFA poster, which I'm assuming (or hoping) will be in the same style as the 6 that came out last summer/fall. So for that, I'll still be placing an order beginning of May to complete that collection. But the free fig is definitely a disappointment this time.

Curious now as to what the early access set for that month is. The rumored Big Ben set finally?

Rootbeer

Banned
It burns me, but, since I'm already committed to buying some of the May sets (there are a lot of good ones coming, thankfully), I'll be getting the May the 4th minifig regardless, lol.

Just imagining some of the awesome ideas they could go with though.. such an uninspired choice.

I can hear them in their meeting about this many months ago...

"Alright fellas, we need some ideas for the next May The 4th promo figure, anyone? Anyone?"
"All our brainpower is focused on Rogue One at the moment, can't we just slap an extra pouch on a stormtrooper and call it a day?"
"It's not exactly what I had in mind, but those Star Wars nerds will buy anything. Guess that'll work."

Brilliant! And is it me or does this look way better then previous lego games?
Yeah it looks a lot better.

LEGO seems to use the Star Wars games as the graphical leaps with their games (they probably sell the most if I had to guess).

LEGO Star Wars was the first game, and then LEGO Star Wars 3 was the first one that bumped up the graphics for last gen, and now this gen seems to be getting its graphical bump with the Force Awakens.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on Fairground Mixer. I've always been interested in it, but with it retiring soon, I'm really itching to pick it up.
Somebody tell me how amazing it is.

I'm kind of craving a build at least similar to that with a good amount of technic mechanisms happening in it. Any other recommendations like that or is the Mixer what I'm looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom