• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I woke up this morning and just decided to sell those two. Im not needing money or anything. All the money is actually going to my next annual LEGO Day that I have with my two kids.

Estimate would def be in the tens of thousands to a real AFOL. I've been collecting since I was 5 (28 now). I've gone through my dark ages but I always came back and never got rid of any of mt sets.

Until now. And yeah, I'm aware of bricklink. Just never really gave it a shot. I might soon though.

You don't need to buy or sell on it. It's also just a great tool for researching parts and prices. If you do sell on it, there are small % fees on sales and any fees if you use fee based payment providers.

Brickset and Bricklink are the 2 invaluable LEGO resources IMO.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on Fairground Mixer. I've always been interested in it, but with it retiring soon, I'm really itching to pick it up.
Somebody tell me how amazing it is.

I'm kind of craving a build at least similar to that with a good amount of technic mechanisms happening in it. Any other recommendations like that or is the Mixer what I'm looking for?

There is only a small to moderate amount of technic building with the set. However, what is there is very good. To me, the fun and originality of the set comes from it's "dual state". Transforming the Mixer and stacking everything on the truck is amazingly satisfying. The set is also one of the most eye catching sets I own. It begs to be twirled.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
There is only a small to moderate amount of technic building with the set. However, what is there is very good. To me, the fun and originality of the set comes from it's "dual state". Transforming the Mixer and stacking everything on the truck is amazingly satisfying. The set is also one of the most eye catching sets I own. It begs to be twirled.

Yeah, I absolutely love the fact that it can all be folded up onto the truck.
Really all I need to pull the trigger is a slight discount on it somewhere... Even just $10 off and I'd pull the trigger. I know exclusives almost never go on sale, but even still, it's so hard for me to buy a Lego set at MSRP. Especially big sets.

Osahi

Will the new Star Wars sets arrive in time for may the 4th? Double VIP on encounter on Jakku would be very tempting.

I'm just glad I can sit this May 4th out. I regret not getting Revan a little, but I don't have any desire for the Liefeld Edition FO Stormtrooper

Isn't the Lego Batman trailer supposed to drop today? Where is it? Did they give a time? I feel like I usually wake up and get to work and trailers are already out but it's almost noon here and still nothing.

I'm just glad I can sit this May 4th out. I regret not getting Revan a little, but I don't have any desire for the Liefeld Edition FO Stormtrooper

I had to take a second look. I thought it was the same as the heavy artillery one in
75132-1: First Order Battle Pack.
http://brickset.com/minifigs/sw695/First-Order-Stormtrooper-Heavy-Artillery-(75132)

It is indeed a different print, but hardly noticeable. Huge PASS for me on that promo.
The Capt America promo is way better at $35 price point.

Yeah, I absolutely love the fact that it can all be folded up onto the truck.
Really all I need to pull the trigger is a slight discount on it somewhere... Even just $10 off and I'd pull the trigger. I know exclusives almost never go on sale, but even still, it's so hard for me to buy a Lego set at MSRP. Especially big sets.

Do you have a Lego store nearby? Couldn't hurt to call and ask if they have a damaged box one. That's how I got a "discount".

rokkerkory

yayeeee

944358_10153952015688758_8357013685975258097_n.jpg

Question: Where do you guys buy extra lego pieces? I need plates for stands, misc pieces to add to the sets, etc.

Amazon?

yayeeee

944358_10153952015688758_8357013685975258097_n.jpg

Question: Where do you guys buy extra lego pieces? I need plates for stands, misc pieces to add to the sets, etc.

Amazon?

You can buy pieces at a Lego store from the pick a brick wall. Also, Craigslist is a great place to get bulk Lego for great prices (cleaning may be required).

Ponn

Banned
Finally finished Adam West's Cave so here's my full review with crappy pictures. First lets go ahead and get this out of the way.

9ihnKnP.jpg

Okay so here's the full set on display

fiZ4yLf.jpg

Heres a comparison pic for the size of the set compared to a box most of you are probably familiar with.

CYE00JV.jpg

Basically my first thought is i'm blown away by how big this set is. It takes up alot of space, so that right there may be a negative for people. On the other hand the main complaint is the price but as you can see, this thing is pretty damn big, you get your money's worth with all the special pieces and base plates included in this set. Those support struts are really nice pieces for anyone wanting to moc buildings and you get a shit load of them. Now the front is kind of bare on the bigger part but thankfully with bricks and pieces I was able to place a small order alongside with this and got some extra rock pieces, smooth pieces and various other parts to fix that up a little bit. I gotta say that is the best part of this set for me is how much you can customize this when you are done building with it. I also have a couple extra sandtana plates...
Hoo-HA!

...on the way that will help me build the Batcave out. I'm going to use them to bring all those smaller parts from the middle piece.
YeuBLON.jpg

and make more of a bat lab. I'm thinking about making a batcomputer to with swivel chair to go along with. I think if you're not a fan of Batman this could be an immediate turn off because of the footprint this will take up. If you are a fan of Batman though it gives a great opportunity to build this out and create an awesome display piece for all your Bat-Vehicles.

POW!
ZAP!
BIF!

Council of the Batmans
i'm Batman, no IM BATMAN! NO i'm Batman!, I'm Batman, I'm the Batman!

Yea, so totally comes down to if you are a Batman fan or not but this really is a great set, I loved it. Lots of cool small builds so you can take your time and build this over a time span. At first glance its a play set but when you get into it and build the first large part its really not and just a lot of homage. Stickers are annoying but i've seen worse. Figs are just amazing. Will Bat-Guano finally take a shower? Will Robin finally lay an egg?
HOO-HAHAHAHA!

Find out next time, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

Time to go and Batusi!

7On5RkU.gif

ghostmind

Isn't the Lego Batman trailer supposed to drop today? Where is it? Did they give a time? I feel like I usually wake up and get to work and trailers are already out but it's almost noon here and still nothing.

No time given... also waiting...

As for the May 4th minifig, at least I now have a disappointing exclusive minifig to go with my disappointing UCS purchase.

No time given... also waiting...

As for the May 4th minifig, at least I now have a disappointing exclusive minifig to go with my disappointing UCS purchase.

This is weird. I just checked the reports from Monday that accompanied the first pictures and they say "Wednesday morning" for the trailer yet here we are at almost 2pm west coast time and nothing at all.

That height difference... So out of proportion.

Only thing I like about the set are the minifigures (which I generally do not care much for).

Tried some Revell model kit (the 40€ Special Forces Tie Fighter) today (my first) and it really made me appreciate Lego (and Diamond iblocks). The cutting of parts is really no fun and making all the pieces flat after cutting just seems like work instead of fun. The instructions are pretty terrible (even though you can see they put effort in them) compared to Lego. Was really into the idea of building the kit, but boy, am I happy I did not buy more of them.

Opened up my package with my Ewok Village and Simpsons House today. Even though I knew there were more pieces in the Simpsons house, I was still a bit surprised by the difference in box size (cheaper set is much bigger).

http://www.movieinsider.com/m12086/ninjago

Ah, seems like the Ninjago movie is a different set of characters. Makes total sense. It makes Ninjago like Power Rangers as a franchise. Was wondering how they were going to continue with the current characters.

"Ninjago is the story of six young ninja tasked with defending their island home, called Ninjago. By night, they’re gifted warriors, using their skill and awesome fleet of vehicles to fight villains and monsters. By day, they’re ordinary teens, struggling against their greatest enemy: high school."

How's this LEGO promotion that Target's running supposed to work? You buy a set from Disney, City, Marvel, Creator and get any City or Disney set of equal or lesser value for free? Or is the free set a specific promotional item, in that you can't choose?

EDIT: Never mind, it's a tiny bag set you get for free.

ghostmind

http://www.movieinsider.com/m12086/ninjago

Ah, seems like the Ninjago movie is a different set of characters. Makes total sense. It makes Ninjago like Power Rangers as a franchise. Was wondering how they were going to continue with the current characters.

"Ninjago is the story of six young ninja tasked with defending their island home, called Ninjago. By night, they’re gifted warriors, using their skill and awesome fleet of vehicles to fight villains and monsters. By day, they’re ordinary teens, struggling against their greatest enemy: high school."

Yeah, this needed to happen. The existing characters have gone through a ton of development and changes over the last several years episodes of the Ninjago cartoon. Trying to attract a mass audience with that much backstory would be difficult, and rebooting the existing characters would not sit well with long-time fans.

Better to start fresh with new characters and concepts.

What I wonder is if they will continue with the original Ninjago universe, or let it ride out in the sunset after this season or next. It does seem like things are coming to a head in the cartoon.

ghostmind

I noticed on the LEGO store calendar that "Battle on Takodana & Resistance Troop Transporter" both get 2x VIP points from May 1st to 31st.

So I'm wondering if we order them between May 1st and May 4th, would we get 4x VIP points on these sets?

ruxtpin

Banned
I noticed on the LEGO store calendar that "Battle on Takodana & Resistance Troop Transporter" both get 2x VIP points from May 1st to 31st.

So I'm wondering if we order them between May 1st and May 4th, would we get 4x VIP points on these sets?

Also if you have any calendars from last year I think you can get an extra 100 points on any in store purchase from April-June?

I don't think we are getting it today. Hopefully we are getting it tomorrow.

And I hope this (the delay) has nothing to do with BvS.
I was wondering if they were delaying it because they want it to premiere before the movie first (as in day of release) or something, or do you mean something more like the negative reviews may have scared them?

ruxtpin

Banned
I can't place the part number, but it's two quarter trans-blue pieces that made it into some late 80s/early 90s space sets. Also made a trans-neon green for the MTron line and Blacktron 2 lines... I think. I never had one myself, but remember them from the catalogs I poured over as a kid.

wetwired

I have the batcave box sitting here staring at me, I don't have time to build it though as I'm away for a 2 week cruise on the weekend and need to pack. I'm tempted to open it and just build the batmobile though, is it in it's own bag? are batman and robin in the same bag?

I have the batcave box sitting here staring at me, I don't have time to build it though as I'm away for a 2 week cruise on the weekend and need to pack. I'm tempted to open it and just build the batmobile though, is it in it's own bag? are batman and robin in the same bag?

Do the Batmobile and fish out all the minifigs.

tumblr_ntiwk8F2U61r426i4o1_250.gif

God, this thing is monstrous.

I hooked the battery pack up and messed with the power functions already. Obviously, the pneumatic stuff isn't working, but the extending braces and linear actuator for the dumping mechanism in the back are so cool to watch go.

Giant Man used to show scale.

Ponn

Banned

First numbered bags are Batmobile yes. You get Batman and Joker in those bags. Unfortunately Robin is in the very last numbered bag with the Batcopter if you wanted to go fishing for him.

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO Batman and Ninjago movies both in 2017... going to be a packed year for LEGO that's for sure. Not that it ever isn't, but it keeps growing!
What I wonder is if they will continue with the original Ninjago universe, or let it ride out in the sunset after this season or next. It does seem like things are coming to a head in the cartoon.
I feel like they are going to end the storyline for the current Ninjago team, and after the Ninjago movie launch a new animated show that follows them. The Ninjago film is going to jumpstart the new era of Ninjago. I feel like it'd be a huge missed opportunity if they did all this work to create a new team only to not continue their adventures after the film.

woodypop

I just bought my first LEGO Dimensions pack (Midway Arcade Level Pack), even though I don't have the game. It doesn't come with instructions for the builds. =(

Are they available anywhere online?

LEGO Batman Movie teaser:

http://youtu.be/C0mN1WM7UqM

Not as much content as I had expected, but considering it is just a teaser, I'm feeling good about it.

Definitely looks promising. Nice Batcave.

Not really spoilers IMO, but just in case. Had to pause the video to check out all the bat costumes. Disco Bat! Arctic Bat suit is different. Wish they put "Artic" Bat suit as an inside joke. Strange that they used classic Green Arrow with the Robin Hood type hat. New lobster mould?

I want a smoking robe Batman now.

I think someone else mentioned earlier the utility belt. I can see that becoming a new mould in future sets.

EDIT:
Ooh missed Captain Boomerang. Saw it in the stills Ghostmind posted. Again, interesting they used classic version (which I really want). Really want that Catwoman with the goggles. That design is one of my favorite in the comics.

EDIT 2: I'm assuming LEGO Batman movie has same rule as in The LEGO Movie where everything in the movie is made from LEGO elements. In the stills Ghostmind posted in lower left corner of the one with
Captain Boomerang. Is that a hot air ballon mould used to get that curve in the car? If it is, brilliant NPU. What piece is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom