• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Disney bags considered hard to find? My locals stores have tons of them...

Whereabouts are you? Seems like here in California we always get CMF minifigs and polybags later (except at LEGO store). Whenever polybags are spotted at Target on forums it takes a few weeks before they appear here. Doesn't seem to be an issue with sets though. .

Posting again, but I still have some Disney figures to trade. An almost complete set (only missing Alice), and then an extra of Mr. Incredible, Syndrome, Mickey, and the Genie.

Hey Phon, are they sealed or opened? My wife and kids love smooshing and opening just as much as displaying and playing with them. :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Saw those shopkin bricks at TRU today. Not for me, but I must say the girl-centric brick ecosystem is really getting huge. there's now shopkins, barbie, lego friends & elves, monster high, lightbrix, 'american girl' (saw those for the first time today as well), i'm sure i'm overlooking some.

Good time to be a girl builder, assuming you like those brands. That's clearly a contentious issue for a lot of people, but the fact still remains... in years past there wasn't much targeting girls specifically, and now there's tons of it.

Also I'm now in "where can i get my hands on some june sets early" mode, with mid-month being just about here. We could see some stores letting them slip out. By next weekend we should definitely be seeing the trickle.

I'm pretty excited about the Freemaker adventures sets. I'll be grabbing both of those and one other set. Probably the Luggabeast one.

Whereabouts are you? Seems like here in California we always get CMF minifigs and polybags later (except at LEGO store). Whenever polybags are spotted at Target on forums it takes a few weeks before they appear here. Doesn't seem to be an issue with sets though. .

Where do you live? Legoland California gets CMF and othe polys hella early.

Saw this during my hunt for Disney CMFs.

A new building block competitor. Shopkins Kinstructions!

I wish we had official "Adventure Time" minifigs. Some of those Shopkins would make great Candy Kingdom denizens, especially the Bakery set one.

Based on some of the reviews. Quality is like old crappy MegaBloks that don't stay together. MegaBloks clutch seems decent now.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...s=toys-and-games&field-keywords=kinstructions

Well you may be in luck then. Eurobricks had a rumor going about AT coming to Dimensions a while back... Not entirely sure though whether that has been debunked by now or not..

Reporting back on that CMF seller on eBay. All figs arrived individually bagged with checklists in great condition.

The seller of the Fire Brigade promised a free gift and he ended up throwing in some spare minifigs including hazmat suit guy, fortune teller, and female scientist!

I ended up buying his Pet Shop too for $115 shipped.

eBay ain't all bad!

Wanderer5

So I started working on the ecto-1 set, and oh my, no numbered bags.:eek: Just dumped everything out.:p

This came out back in 2014, so are the numbered bag a kind of recent thing then?

mrkgoo

last i checked, no Ideas set has numbered bags

What about Wall-E?

At any rate, I love to just open all the bags anyway.

actually now that I think about it, yeah I had to open all the bags for wall-e and get pieces from different bags as needed.

Wanderer5

last i checked, no Ideas set has numbered bags

Ah okay.

Well anyway, took a bit more than a hour and a half. Had a lot of fun building it, through the studs got a bit confusing. Feel like I might be missing a stud or two, but was able to make up for it.

13166005_10205030381719189_4819103140698506724_n.jpg

ghostmind

fucking bought. need that ahsoka

Unconfirmed, but I (and others) believe it will be the Pelta-class frigate as that was used as "Phoenix Home" during this season of Rebels. That would also make the inclusion of Ahsoka make sense, and it would be great if they included Commander Sato as well.

IEux4rD.jpg

Bestbuy.com have Lego Dimensions Back to the Future level pack for $11.99 I think it's probably a miss price with the lowering of the Fun Pack to 11.99. If you have Gamer Club it come out to $9.60. Also Ghostbusters Level Pack is $19.99 on Amazon.com

Bestbuy.com have Lego Dimensions Back to the Future level pack for $11.99 I think it's probably a miss price with the lowering of the Fun Pack to 11.99. If you have Gamer Club it come out to $9.60. Also Ghostbusters Level Pack is $19.99 on Amazon.com

Might have to hit Best Buy tomorrow...

Fowler

Holy crap. $40-50 for a figure? Anytime I see crazy prices like that, it makes me want to sell the figures, but I know I would hate myself if I did.

Yeah, I can never sell that figure. KOTOR is one of my favourite games ever, I'm amazed we got a figure of Revan at all!

Yeah, I can never sell that figure. KOTOR is one of my favourite games ever, I'm amazed we got a figure of Revan at all!

Neonglow was kind enough back in 2014 to do a trade for the figure months after it came out. I am in his debt for that, and because of that, I could never really part with it.

I also loved KOTOR but strangely enough i don't even remember Revan at ALL, or what he actually looked like so this fig really doesn't mean as much to me as it should :(

On another note: Just noticed that Davey Jones also goes for around 40 bucks on ebay as well, another fig i have but wouldn't want to part with hmmm but then again, he's just standing on the Pearl, and i haven't even looked at him for years now :(

I kinda have an urge to get a Star Wars LEGO set, but I really don't have much interest in any of the ones that are out at the moment. The only one that interests me at all is the Special Forces Tie Fighter (more manageable size than the UCS Tie Fighter, and it has a cool color scheme), but it's a little pricey.

I'm trying to think of what set I would like, but I think I'll just need to see it to know what I want. The old R2-D2 set was a favorite of mine and it actually isn't excessively priced (twice as much as it was at release, but at least it's not $500+) and I did like the Fury class Old Republic ship but that's a little pricey now too (and I can pretend that the minifigure is Darth Malak instead of whoever it actually is, he's close enough!).

Maybe a really good AT-ST set, I'lve always been a fan of that vehicle. And I'm not sure how well it would work (since he's so round), but I'd love a BB-8 set, maybe something similar in size to my Wall-e.
I also loved KOTOR but strangely enough i don't even remember Revan at ALL, or what he actually looked like so this fig really doesn't mean as much to me as it should :(
Well, you never see much of Revan in-game in KOTOR (mainly just a few flashbacks).
The main thing with Revan is (13 year old spoiler):
Your main character WAS Revan!!

I kinda have an urge to get a Star Wars LEGO set, but I really don't have much interest in any of the ones that are out at the moment. The only one that interests me at all is the Special Forces Tie Fighter (more manageable size than the UCS Tie Fighter, and it has a cool color scheme), but it's a little pricey.

I'm trying to think of what set I would like, but I think I'll just need to see it to know what I want. The old R2-D2 set was a favorite of mine and it actually isn't excessively priced (twice as much as it was at release, but at least it's not $500+) and I did like the Fury class Old Republic ship but that's a little pricey now too (and I can pretend that the minifigure is Darth Malak instead of whoever it actually is, he's close enough!).

Maybe a really good AT-ST set, I'lve always been a fan of that vehicle. And I'm not sure how well it would work (since he's so round), but I'd love a BB-8 set, maybe something similar in size to my Wall-e.

Well, you never see much of Revan in-game in KOTOR (mainly just a few flashbacks).
The main thing with Revan is (13 year old spoiler):
Your main character WAS Revan!!

I think i heard some rumor a while back of a new AT-ST coming... take it with a grain of salt though...

About KOTOR, that might have been the problem LOL, the fact that you never see him all that much :p so i don't remember at all what he looks like.

Osahi

Picked up the propeller plane Creator set to have a crack at the MOC contest. Probably not going to enter, as I'm struggling to build something creative and cool with the available blocks (I tried a bird, but once I finished it's head, I didn't have the right pieces left for a body :D). Will try one more idea, and if that doesn't work out, i'll just build the plane.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Found somewhere I could feel Disney CMF bags at this lunch, bought three. Was aiming for Malificent, Stitch and Buzz, but ended up getting Ursula instead of Buzz. I'm not sure how I messed that one up as he's probably the easiest to feel out. Happy I got the other two though.

Will have to try again sometime unless there's anyone in the UK here willing to trade an Ursula for a Buzz?

Found the General SW minifigure listing.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...42.2255962.3696486.31151746&parentPage=family

it says in stock when you view it from the "all lego" section but not on its product page

Promo for... June? Or late May? Great timing for the new June sets if it's June.

The C-3PO was not hard to locate, but considering how many times I haven't been able to find these minifigure promos I try to snag them anyhow I can.

C-3PO in stock in US and not in the UK makes me sad. Wish I'd been able to get hold of one of those when they were out here.

What's everyone's opinion on the Jokerland set? I want to do a theme park setup one day and the set looks like it might fit in well with its little rides. What do you guys think? It's 20% off at Amazon right now?

Rootbeer

Banned
It's a great set and I love the minifigures. Having Beast Boy and Starfire really boosted the sets appeal for me.

Much like Arkham Asylum and the previous Batcave (as well as the new Classic Batcave), the larger Batman sets remain some of the best ones to get.

I also have the previous Funhouse Escape set, so they are good sets to combine towards your goal.

teeny

Found somewhere I could feel Disney CMF bags at this lunch, bought three. Was aiming for Malificent, Stitch and Buzz, but ended up getting Ursula instead of Buzz. I'm not sure how I messed that one up as he's probably the easiest to feel out. Happy I got the other two though.

Will have to try again sometime unless there's anyone in the UK here willing to trade an Ursula for a Buzz?

C-3PO in stock in US and not in the UK makes me sad. Wish I'd been able to get hold of one of those when they were out here.

My local Entertainer has it on the shelf for £4. Want me to pick you one up? (this is the 3PO with red arm, right?)

Hagi

Man the last Disney minifig we need is Cheshire and we have had no luck feeling for him at all. I try to see if I can feel for his tail but no luck yet.

ghostmind

LEGO posted a teaser for the 7th (and final?) season of Ninjago, which will be highlighting the summer sets.

bllUSbB.jpg

It would make sense to end the theme after this summer, to give the upcoming movie (and its associated sets) room to breathe.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah, i saw that and was wondering if it was the finale.

Guess that really is their plan hu? The Ninjago movie will introduce all new main cast, which they can use to spin off a new show.

I hope they use the last season as an opportunity to tell the best stories possible if that's the case.

Man that's kinda sad to hear, as i just started getting into the show a couple days back :(

Currently in the second season and having a blast with it :) It's MUCH better than i anticipated, i expected a crappy kids show, and it turns out the show actually shows a lot of heart with even the occasional epic episode thrown in so far...

It's a great set and I love the minifigures. Having Beast Boy and Starfire really boosted the sets appeal for me.

Much like Arkham Asylum and the previous Batcave (as well as the new Classic Batcave), the larger Batman sets remain some of the best ones to get.

I also have the previous Funhouse Escape set, so they are good sets to combine towards your goal.

Thanks for your opinion! I just watched Jang's review of it and just bought it. Looks like it'll work well with the themepark theme.

LEGO posted a teaser for the 7th (and final?) season of Ninjago, which will be highlighting the summer sets.

bllUSbB.jpg

It would make sense to end the theme after this summer, to give the upcoming movie (and its associated sets) room to breathe.

Sadness. Does this mean no more Ninjago sets for this incarnation? Hopefully a few kinda like they put out 2-3 "The LEGO Movie" sets well after the movie release. Cuz I really want a printed trans head brick to make that awesome dragon lantern in the poster.

Thank goodness for my wallet the theme is ending. I will miss the theme and the thousand katana blades it gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom