• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Meh beside Spidey, not sure if I really care for that set, through Vision looks kind of cool too. I likely just get Spidey by himself, or wait for sets based on homecoming next year.

Hagi

So there's no Civil War Ant-Man at all? just the Giant Man build and the tiny little Ant-Man? huh that's really disappointing. I heard there is supposed to be a polybag for Marvel but I'm thinking that will be Strange related.

Rootbeer

Banned
So there's no Civil War Ant-Man at all? just the Giant Man build and the tiny little Ant-Man? huh that's really disappointing. I heard there is supposed to be a polybag for Marvel but I'm thinking that will be Strange related.

Doesn't look like it, but he WAS in a $20 set last year. Everyone that wanted him should have grabbed that. :) Was a great price point and great minifigs.

it was a mistake for them to retire it so early, but that's LEGO for you.

Hagi

Doesn't look like it, but he WAS in a $20 set last year. Everyone that wanted him should have grabbed that. :) Was a great price point and great minifigs.

it was a mistake for them to retire it so early, but that's LEGO for you.

Yeah I just wanted a minifig for his new look. I should've picked up the Ant-Man set when my local Tesco was getting rid of them. kickcan.gif

ghostmind

That's about what I expected for the 4th Civil War set - glad that they got the missing characters in, love the Spider-man minifig, and the fact that Roxxon is represented.

It's also nice to see the scoop by someone other than the usual suspects - congrats to Jacob_9821 on Eurobricks.

Now bring on the Star Wars summer exclusives, and the Big Ben reveal!

Fuckkkkk that Hawkeye is definitely the highlight of that set. Love it.

And I was juuuuust about to get the Age of Ultron Quinjet set so I could get Vision. Now I don't have to.

Baller. I'm guessing because Marvel that'll be $40? I ain't even mad.

That's about what I expected for the 4th Civil War set - glad that they got the missing characters in, love the Spider-man minifig, and the fact that Roxxon is represented.

It's also nice to see the scoop by someone other than the usual suspects - congrats to Jacob_9821 on Eurobricks.

Now bring on the Star Wars summer exclusives, and the Big Ben reveal!
Need the Big Ben Reveal. I am on the fence about Porsche, but Big Ben will be mine.

TheFuzz

Bummed about Vision being the same, but Spidey and Hawkeye look incredible. Spidey's print is awesome. (Reminder, we may not get Homecoming sets since Lego's agreement is with Disney and not Sony. I'm not sure how merchandise works but I wouldn't count on another Spidey like this.)

I really wish if they absolutely insisted on doing Cap's head without the helmet piece, they at least give him another expression. That stupid-ass grin looks awful.

TheFuzz

Worked into my backlog a little today, and build the Green Lantern/Sinestro set. I got it for $10 at B&N, and even at $20 it's a decent deal. Great minifigures and the parts are quite useful.

Spidey civil war set REVEALED

tp9sBmp.png

Source is... well, you already know the source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFqSsB6FICo

MCU Spidey (with arm printing and red boot legs!)
Cap!
VISION!!!!
Arrow guy!

Supposedly this is a retailer exclusive too

Just saw the movie. That was a great Avengers movie. Can't wait for Black Panther movie.

Nice minifigs. Seems like a $30 set based on piece count and 4 minifigs. If it's $40, I'll go on another one of my rants. Looks like an extension set to 76051 - Super Hero Airport Battle. By itself, it's meh, but I think it would be a nice addition to Airport battle.

Cheap set to get Vision. I like this version of Arrow guy better than AoU version. My favorite Hawkeye print is still the first minifig version from the original Avengers movie.

Worked into my backlog a little today, and build the Green Lantern/Sinestro set. I got it for $10 at B&N, and even at $20 it's a decent deal. Great minifigures and the parts are quite useful.

You need multiples so you can build a Green Lantern Corp and Sinestro Corp.

Oh man. I'm getting sucked deep into Lego. Bought some EoL sets via eBay and now I'm looking for Lego Technic 9398.

Anyone knows where to get this at a decent price? I'm looking at eBay and Bricklink currently.

Ponn

Banned
So I continued with my delve back into Dimensions today and played the Midway Arcade set. The level itself is meh unless you are really into old school games. Basically the entire level just revolves around playing very short sessions of games like Gauntlet, Spy Hunter, Joust and Super Sprint. There was one hidden level you could access though that was a really fun Paperboy level which you got to run around. Now that was a fun excursion and redeemed the level for me. The arcade machine build is pretty awesome and comes with printed tiles for Defender so if you are needing an arcade machine for a moc this is a nice set for that along with of course giving you the basic build for doing your own arcade machines. You also get multiple coin pieces that the gamer kid holds so those might come in handy for mocers as well. The Spy Hunter car is also a really nice looking mini build and i'm tempted to upgrade it and use it for my goto car for the game instead of the delorean.

Now the hub world for this level pack is surprisingly fantastic. It's kind of what you wanted out of the level pack so in that sense the hub world really redeems the whole package as well. Lots of old gaming easter eggs, a shit load of studs to collect and fun atmosphere. So I give this pack a recommendation, in the end I liked it more than the Simpsons and BTTF packs so its right in the middle for me.

A side note for those that are still playing Dimensions. I know the Superman fun pack seems really redundant as a purchase at this time if you have a reasonable collection already. You probably already have the abilities in other figs, he doesn't unlock anything new and his accessory build is shit tier. On top of that you probably already have his fig from some other sets. Now hear me out though, go ahead and get him, if you must just get him on sale but go ahead and get him, you won't regret it. He literally turns the game into easy mode, now I know you are saying "but why would I want to do that?!" Well look, after you play this for awhile its a Lego game, there wasn't any challenge to it to begin with. And after awhile it gets reallly tedious exchanging figs on the pad for abilities. If you put Superman and Wicked Witch on the pad you get alot of useful abilities between them that makes room on the pad. On top of that Superman gets some strange invincibility that makes it so anything destructable that he literally walks into just explodes. When you are grinding through a hub world you would be surprised how much time this ability alone saves you and miss it whenever you change to another character. On top of that everytime you fly you get the superman theme song playing, that alone makes him worth a purchase.

Fowler

Good to finally have a way to get Vision cheaply. At the minifig shops here in HK he's consistently been one of the more expensive figs to get, I rarely see him for under US$23.

Good to finally have a way to get Vision cheaply. At the minifig shops here in HK he's consistently been one of the more expensive figs to get, I rarely see him for under US$23.

That's just proof that you shoulda gotten the Quinjet 2.0 last year. :)

Also, when do the summer Creator and Super Hero sets release? I am itching for the camper and Spidey sets.

So I continued with my delve back into Dimensions today and played the Midway Arcade set. The level itself is meh unless you are really into old school games. Basically the entire level just revolves around playing very short sessions of games like Gauntlet, Spy Hunter, Joust and Super Sprint. There was one hidden level you could access though that was a really fun Paperboy level which you got to run around. Now that was a fun excursion and redeemed the level for me. The arcade machine build is pretty awesome and comes with printed tiles for Defender so if you are needing an arcade machine for a moc this is a nice set for that along with of course giving you the basic build for doing your own arcade machines. You also get multiple coin pieces that the gamer kid holds so those might come in handy for mocers as well. The Spy Hunter car is also a really nice looking mini build and i'm tempted to upgrade it and use it for my goto car for the game instead of the delorean.

Now the hub world for this level pack is surprisingly fantastic. It's kind of what you wanted out of the level pack so in that sense the hub world really redeems the whole package as well. Lots of old gaming easter eggs, a shit load of studs to collect and fun atmosphere. So I give this pack a recommendation, in the end I liked it more than the Simpsons and BTTF packs so its right in the middle for me.

I just started this also and I do enjoy the old arcade game, the Spy Hunter theme really brings me back to high-school years. I like that you can use him as a sub for many of the abilities even if they are on a timer. My daughter and I really like the hub world more than the game level. Oh and I passed on Superman fun pack today at Gamestop sale for the reasons you mention above, now you made me regret not grabbing him.

Fowler

That's just proof that you shoulda gotten the Quinjet 2.0 last year. :)

Also, when do the summer Creator and Super Hero sets release? I am itching for the camper and Spidey sets.

Ugh, I know. I just have no space, so have been focusing mostly on minifigs... And the UCS Tumbler... And hopefully soon the Ghostbusters Firehouse...

Kyari

That final Civil War set has some neat figures but largely I have to say looks underwhelming from every other angle. Its just a gas tanker and a barrier :/

Civil war set is terrible; is Panther in the airport battle set?

If not it sucks that you could buy the two sets and not have a major character and need to buy another set for it.

Seems very phoned in, can't deal with the crushing disappointment if the eventual Disney castle sucks

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Civil war set is terrible; is Panther in the airport battle set?

If not it sucks that you could buy the two sets and not have a major character and need to buy another set for it.

Seems very phoned in, can't deal with the crushing disappointment if the eventual Disney castle sucks

Honestly, 80% of all licensed Lego sets in the last few years, especially the superhero themed ones seem absolutely cashgrabby and phoned in. Make a shit set and put in minifigs people want, and they'll buy it.
The airport one could have had an actual airport scene, but it's a cheap tower and a small quinjet that wasn't in the movie. The Spider-Man one has a crappy Roxxon tank truck. What. Batman ones have weird-ass cars and jets and shit. And so on. I get they're for kids, but jeez, at least put some effort into it.

I wasn't convinced to buy a single Lego set since Lord of the Rings times, which makes me sad.

Ponn

Banned
I see that civil war set is getting a lot of love! Seriously though I have to say that Spidey fig does look really good.

Jang seriously loved that Park/fig pack. It' is an excellent pack though and really useful to fill in a City display or like the fair sets

Honestly, 80% of all licensed Lego sets in the last few years, especially the superhero themed ones seem absolutely cashgrabby and phoned in. Make a shit set and put in minifigs people want, and they'll buy it.
The airport one could have had an actual airport scene, but it's a cheap tower and a small quinjet that wasn't in the movie. The Spider-Man one has a crappy Roxxon tank truck. What. Batman ones have weird-ass cars and jets and shit. And so on. I get they're for kids, but jeez, at least put some effort into it.

I wasn't convinced to buy a single Lego set since Lord of the Rings times, which makes me sad.

Does not seem you have actually watched the Civil War movie.

The Quinjet is in the movie and the major airport battle is to get to it. Quite important to the movie.

The truck is one of the major laughs in the movie, it is a moment one would not easily forget.

In hindsight the Giant Man should have been the later / secret set.

TheFuzz

The Quinjet is in the movie and the major airport battle is to get to it. Quite important to the movie.

The truck is one of the major laughs in the movie, it is a moment one would not easily forget.

I was wondering the same. The Quinjet is the reason for the battle in the first place. The tanker and tower are both key moments in the fight. Not sure what the OP is talking about. That, and not a single set since LOTR has interested him? I can name a couple licensed sets that are in most people's Top 10 of all-time.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

I completely forgot the Quinjet being the reason for the airport scene lol. Oh god I'm so sorry :D

I gotta remember to stop going into the MOC contest thread. Some really great looking stuff that I just quickly scrolled through cuz I don't want other people's ideas leaking into mine. Still didn't get the set yet.

I gotta remember to stop going into the MOC contest thread. Some really great looking stuff that I just quickly scrolled through cuz I don't want other people's ideas leaking into mine. Still didn't get the set yet.

I abandoned ship for the same reason, and luckily I finally found the set yesterday. I may start exploring during the Raptors game tonight.

Oh - 15 months after buying it I finally built the Detective's Office. It's a very nice set, but doesn't come close to dethroning PR. I'd probably put it above FB & GE....maybe just behind TH.

The water tower design was an inspiration in simplicity-such a terrific idea. I also loved that the "Pool" sign was not an incredibly complicated 30 page build. The subtlety works really well given the subject matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom