• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the numbers on the backs of tiles actually mean? I am looking for a way to identify the specific COLOR of a tile compared to another very similar looking one.

iqn8LB7.jpg

Probably hard to tell from the picture, but even in real life they seem VERY similar at first glance and i am not sure what the one in the middle is supposed to be? The ones on the outside are both "Bright Yellow" that much i know. The one on the inside however, is from my collection where i have no clue which set i grabbed it from one day. It looks similar BUT it goes a little more toward orange than the others, so could that actually be a different color or is it the same one with maybe a wee bit more discoloration/sunlight exposure/age or whatever other factor affects this?

Hs2A80K.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Thanks for your opinion! I just watched Jang's review of it and just bought it. Looks like it'll work well with the themepark theme.

I was a big proponent of that set but it comes with caveats so i'm not surprised it wasn't a big hit with Lego GAF. If you are a Teen Titan fan the figs were fantastic (Except no Raven mrgrgrgr) and it comes with an excellent Burton-era Batmobile. The set itself does fit in really nicely with a carnival setting, especially if you are collecting the Creator big carnival ride sets. It suffers from being a disjointed set which many people don't care for, more of a playset and also personally after building it and trying to work in it into some displays its very fragile. Like look at it the wrong way and something falls off fragile, which baffled me since it was made to be a playset.

So I have my orto dr. appt today, probably getting another shot in my knees and see if they are going to do surgery or not. It happens to be right near the Toys R US that is usually out of my way so i'm going to reward myself by popping in there and seeing if they have any Disney CMF bags to fieel for mickey, minnie , donald and daisy. Does anyone know if they currently have any sales worth looking at or promotions?

Does anyone know what the numbers on the backs of tiles actually mean? I am looking for a way to identify the specific COLOR of a tile compared to another very similar looking one.

iqn8LB7.jpg

Probably hard to tell from the picture, but even in real life they seem VERY similar at first glance and i am not sure what the one in the middle is supposed to be? The ones on the outside are both "Bright Yellow" that much i know. The one on the inside however, is from my collection where i have no clue which set i grabbed it from one day. It looks similar BUT it goes a little more toward orange than the others, so could that actually be a different color or is it the same one with maybe a wee bit more discoloration/sunlight exposure/age or whatever other factor affects this?

No idea on the numbering, but slight color variation is normal. I don't think Yellow was affected by color changes of 2004.

I often complained about the color consistency which is more apparent in yellow, orange, white, and the light greys. One other factor may be LEGO started coloring the plastic granules themselves to save money. Prior to that the plastic granules were pre-colored.

You can check out PAB at a LEGO store and you can see slight color variations in the bricks if you look close enough. There are colors where it's not noticeable at all. Usually the very dark ones. Yellow is the easiest to see the differences.

EDIT: Forgot, yes, excessive sunlight can discolor LEGO.

EDIT 2: 2431 is the Design Number. I entered it in Bricks and Pieces and it comes up.

EDIT 3: Guessing 12-17 and 3-17 must be IDs to track mould or factory where it was made.

Yeah see that's what Brickset told me as well about the Design number, what does that MEAN though? Is that just the element or is it that element IN that specific COLOR?

I was a big proponent of that set but it comes with caveats so i'm not surprised it wasn't a big hit with Lego GAF. If you are a Teen Titan fan the figs were fantastic (Except no Raven mrgrgrgr) and it comes with an excellent Burton-era Batmobile. The set itself does fit in really nicely with a carnival setting, especially if you are collecting the Creator big carnival ride sets. It suffers from being a disjointed set which many people don't care for, more of a playset and also personally after building it and trying to work in it into some displays its very fragile. Like look at it the wrong way and something falls off fragile, which baffled me since it was made to be a playset.

So I have my orto dr. appt today, probably getting another shot in my knees and see if they are going to do surgery or not. It happens to be right near the Toys R US that is usually out of my way so i'm going to reward myself by popping in there and seeing if they have any Disney CMF bags to fieel for mickey, minnie , donald and daisy. Does anyone know if they currently have any sales worth looking at or promotions?

Cap polybag free with $30 purchase and I think it's the only place besides the Lego store to get speed champions. I usually grab one if I don't find something else.

Speaking of Ninjago...

Bonus pic for those who follow the show:

E4a6FCz.jpg

Sorry for the dusty fig, but i got him used today in the mail and i forgot to dust him off before lol or maybe that isn't dust, maybe they're...scales.

He still looks decent, and i just love the character!

Yeah see that's what Brickset told me as well about the Design number, what does that MEAN though? Is that just the element or is it that element IN that specific COLOR?

Brickset extracts a lot of that information from the LEGO site. Element is the design + color from what I can tell. So I guess design is closely related to the mould which can create that design in any color.

Elements appear to be unique. Search by design and you will get a bunch of the same design in different colors. Search by element # and you get a single result.

Brickset doesn't seem to make it clear what the bigger number is, but LEGO.com does.

For the part you poster earlier this is what LEGO.com shows for the numbers:
Element 243124
Design number 2431​

http://brickset.com/parts/design-2431

Batmech from 76026 Gorilla Grodd goes Bananas on steroids.

17193810485_76f637d79a_b.jpg

Batman-Xtreme-Mech-12 by tankm, on Flickr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://brickset.com/article/21276
GameStop is hosting a special event in their stores tomorrow, Saturday May 14th only: LEGO Dimensions Day!

$59.99 — LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack ($30 off)
40% off ALL LEGO Dimensions Packs:
$17.99 — Level Packs ($12 off)
$14.99 — Team Packs ($10 off)
$7.19 — Fun Packs (about $8 off)

mrkgoo

Batmech from 76026 Gorilla Grodd goes Bananas on steroids.

17193810485_76f637d79a_b.jpg

Batman-Xtreme-Mech-12 by tankm, on Flickr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

GameStop is hosting a special event in their stores tomorrow, Saturday May 14th only: LEGO Dimensions Day!

Heh. Pretty cool. I like the batarang knee caps.

Ponn

Banned
What models did you guys always try to build as kids? I always tried to make AT-ST, Millennium falcon and Jonny 5.

I always tried to make the ships from Buck Rogers tv show and a Feliner from Thundercats that actually had moving cockpit and could split into multiple ships. This ones an odd one but I would also build that bad ass truck from The Highwayman.

Thanks Super Necta for the TRU advice. i didn't get over there though because they gave me shots in my knees and they felt too numb for me to walk on and then it started downpouring, I just wanted to get home and beat the afterwork traffic. I'm gonna be back over there next tuesday though so maybe they will have a new promo and I should know what Disney figs I need left by then.

Whereabouts are you? Seems like here in California we always get CMF minifigs and polybags later (except at LEGO store). Whenever polybags are spotted at Target on forums it takes a few weeks before they appear here. Doesn't seem to be an issue with sets though. .

Illinois.

Wanderer5

Since I was near my local lego store today, I decided to try some more disney figures. I just went with two today once I felt Maleficent, and ended up getting her and Ariel. Maleficent is awesome, while Ariel is not quite as good, but still a bit nice.

I can't feel Stitch through.:(

mojiimbo

Also I'm now in "where can i get my hands on some june sets early" mode, with mid-month being just about here. We could see some stores letting them slip out. By next weekend we should definitely be seeing the trickle.

I'm pretty excited about the Freemaker adventures sets. I'll be grabbing both of those and one other set. Probably the Luggabeast one.
The City Volcano and Creator sets started showing up last week. This week was Star Wars and the airport City sets. LEGO has a hard June 1st date on them so far, though. Target or TRU, though...

gsrjedi

Stopped by a Target in Arizona & they had quite a few Disney CMFs. Felt up 7 and guessed Mickey, Alice, Maleficent, Ariel, Buzz, Stitch, & Syndrome. Only wrong in Sydrome, ended up being Aladdin. I've never had such good success feeling stuff before.

ghostmind

The City Volcano and Creator sets started showing up last week. This week was Star Wars and the airport City sets. LEGO has a hard June 1st date on them so far, though. Target or TRU, though...

JANG just posted a haul video of summer CITY, Creator and Duplo sets, while the Brick Show picked up most of the summer Star Wars releases.

So what do you guys think of this $40 set?

The Jang review makes me want it and if you look at it in CMF prices, it's value, but I've gotta pass. I am excited about the baby and hopefully I'll get it later in another set.

The Jang review makes me want it and if you look at it in CMF prices, it's value, but I've gotta pass. I am excited about the baby and hopefully I'll get it later in another set.

For $40 I will get that set. If it's not in regular retail stores and won't be on sale, I'll wait for double VIP or a good promo.

Another baby is on the way sooner than you think. I'm sure more babies will show up a lot over the years.

25463787701_3ae0d3e102.jpg

Might finally be able to get the Portal pack for a reasonable price.

I still don't really want the game itself much, just a few of the sets to build out some of my current LEGO sets (the Cyberman for the Doctor Who set, and Slimer for the Ecto-1)

ghostmind

JANG reviews 60134 Fun in the Park City People Pack:

https://youtu.be/xzREA8vpfrA

This set got a lot of press at Toy Fair, due to the inclusion of the first official minifig wheelchair. However, this set has a lot more going for it than that, and I hope it is a great sales success for LEGO, so that they will be encouraged to step out of their "comfort zone" more often.

ghostmind

I'm buying it on principle alone, though I think it justifies itself just fine. This is an important development for LEGO, and I want to encourage that, rather than putting my money on yet another fire truck or police vehicle.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I was getting the set before the price was announced or the Jang video posted- like ghostmind said sets like these need supported.

I hope the success catches them unaware.

Lego Dimensions tweeted that new line of products are plan for this fall. Not sure if that mean new version of the game or more packs. Reading the article on the devised of Disney Infinity I can't help but think that may be Lego need to retire old wave to encourage sale. At this rate they are traibing consumer to only purchased when they are on huge discount. I don't want to pay more (and I really hope that the recent price reductions is them realize that they are the most expensive of the three) but with so much stuffs in retails channel I am not sure going forward how they are going to refresh the line.

wetwired

For $40 I will get that set. If it's not in regular retail stores and won't be on sale, I'll wait for double VIP or a good promo.

Another baby is on the way sooner than you think. I'm sure more babies will show up a lot over the years.

please be spares mariachi's in the box so I can have 3 of them

I can't wait to get Lego's first unwed teenage mother CMF!

Osahi

JANG reviews 60134 Fun in the Park City People Pack:

https://youtu.be/xzREA8vpfrA

This set got a lot of press at Toy Fair, due to the inclusion of the first official minifig wheelchair. However, this set has a lot more going for it than that, and I hope it is a great sales success for LEGO, so that they will be encouraged to step out of their "comfort zone" more often.

Bearded dude in the red shirt is the closest we'll ever get to a Joel from the Last of Us minifig.

Really cool set, I might get it to populate the modular street a bit more. But i don't know if I can spent 40 euro's on it, regardless of minifigure value. (I usually only get the more special figs in the blind bags)

TheFuzz

I'm buying it on principle alone, though I think it justifies itself just fine. This is an important development for LEGO, and I want to encourage that, rather than putting my money on yet another fire truck or police vehicle.

Well said. It's on my June list as well. I'll likely stack it with something else to get the fountain set next month.

Rootbeer

Banned
60134 Fun in the Park City People Pack is really brilliant. It's one to get for sure. A lot of new cool stuff in this set, and several firsts. I don't focus a lot on LEGO City stuff although it's great to have a decent variety for putting around your modular buildings and such. This is one of those sets that is screaming to be bought to add some great variety to your setup.

Ponn

Banned
Wow, that F'ing sucked. Got my 6 more disney blind bags from S@H today. Only 1 new fig, the rest all repeats. And the one fig was Syndrome which I wasn't really after.

Welp so I have an extra Peter Pan, like three extra Genies, an extra Cap'n Hook, 2 extra Ariels and one extra Urusla if anyone wants to trade. I need a Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Buzz and the alien dude.

Wow, that F'ing sucked. Got my 6 more disney blind bags from S@H today. Only 1 new fig, the rest all repeats. And the one fig was Syndrome which I wasn't really after.

Welp so I have an extra Peter Pan, like three extra Genies, an extra Cap'n Hook, 2 extra Ariels and one extra Urusla if anyone wants to trade. I need a Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Buzz and the alien dude.

Basically you want all the good ones that people probably already took, those are always gonna be the first ones that disappear from a box so if you're just going in and buying at random you'll always get the ones you got (unless you can find a brand new box)

Ponn

Banned
Basically you want all the good ones that people probably already took, those are always gonna be the first ones that disappear from a box so if you're just going in and buying at random you'll always get the ones you got (unless you can find a brand new box)

I ordered these from Lego S@H. While I wouldn't think the employees would that, i'm wondering now.

Ponn

Banned
Ah, that might just be pure bad luck then.

Which in a way is worse ;)

I suck at feeling bags to so I usually just buy the exact figs I want from a line from bricklink or amazon. I didn't this time because I honestly liked the whole Disney line and didn't mind getting any of them but there was still a core that I really needed and 18 bags and none of them. I'm wondering if its worth stopping by TRU on tuesday, if they do have any bags left they have been probably been picked clean.

Hair color is the same as a previous Cheerleader CMF. Story writes itself.

Where does Zombie Cheerleader fit in?

Ponn

Banned
Welp, there it is. Funny Lego had to keep it under wraps for Spidey when Marvel leaked the shit all over themselves in fucking trailers. And theres your Vision for people that didn't want to buy the expensive Quinjet set, i'm not going after these figs in sets I don't want anymore when they will be available the next year again.

It's alright, very underwhelming after the wait. Only want it for the new spidey but again, I feel like I can wait it out to see if he shows up in later sets.

Rootbeer

Banned
They could have sweetened the pot a little more

Why not a battle damaged version of cap's shield? That would be neat.

Lots of little things they could do to attract AFOLs more.

As someone who already has the previous set with Vision, I only desire the Spidey. Kind of a bummer but I do really like his figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom