• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Apparently the "ninjas" are the Kabuki Twins, Penguin's bodyguards. They appeared in the animated 2004 Batman series, but i've never encountered them before.

All the figs look great, though i'm not sure if ManBat is any different?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ewok Village is on Amazon Warehouse for $217... I've been so tempted by that set for forever, but as someone who isn't really a big Star Wars fan, it's really hard to convince myself to pay that much for a Star Wars set. I absolutely love the look of it though...

Are those click joints upside down on the front of the Batmobile? Cool.

I can't figure out what those are supposed to represent though. Any thoughts?

Are those exhaust macaronis black or pearl grey? They come in pearl grey on a Ninjago car so I'm assuming that's the case, but I would like some black ones.

Also, that windscreen is divine news for Classic Space builders...

ghostmind

Love those Batman sets - the unconventional designs and the little touches like "BTITUTDE" plates and the "BAT MERCH" gun. The whole theme could be an amazing cross between Superhero and LEGO Movie goodness.

willp2003

For the UK members. Argos start there 3 for 2 tomorrow. Interestingly, the have the technic bucket wheel excavator in stock. Shame it's of little interest to me though.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
For the UK members. Argos start there 3 for 2 tomorrow. Interestingly, the have the technic bucket wheel excavator in stock. Shame it's of little interest to me though.
I get paid tomorrow too!

It's like everything in the universe is aligning in a desperate bid to get me to spend money.

Holy shit. If there's a couple of people in the Kingston (ish) area that wanna take advantage of this with me, we can get it for £120 each!

Long shot, but you never know.

Rootbeer

Banned
Been hunting for the new series 16 all week... TRU Hasn't had any for a while. Walk in today and ask if they have a box... They pull ones from the back and I'm so sure I finally struck gold... Nope, just a box of Disney... Bleeeehhhh.

Then they tell me their LEGO guy said the new ones are coming in Sept... Nice...

Koren

Damn, I've been unable to find the S15 figures I wanted the most (Shark guy and Astronaut), so I finally bought them three days ago on BL for ~4€. Decent enough, but...

Of course, my supermarket just put a full box on display today at 2.10€ a piece.

Argh...

IHaveIce

Banned
I really don't like the new Joker... not for me, Harley looks crazy, but with the bike set this summer, my favorite variant of Harley already exists so I can easily skip on that lowrider.

New Robin is kinda cool, but not cool enough, I don't need another Batman figure, the Kabuki twins are cool, but not enough to get the set.

So far a big pass on both of these.

ET looks awesome

Ponn

Banned
He doin, big pimpin, he spendin' cheese
Check Joker out now
Big pimpin', on O.M.A.C.'s
We doin big pimpin up in G.C.P.D..
It's just that Joker Man, Harl E, and Bat B

I just checked out the big, super detailed not-Hot Toys Ghostbusters in the other thread. Hgggggggggnnnnhhh! I think I need to reconsider my display space (again) and make room for the entire team, if I can afford them.

To think that only a few years ago, I had largely forgotten about Ghostbusters (except occasionally rewatching the movies every few years). I blame it all on Wetwired.

wetwired

Sold on Jokers car, dat batgirl

probably a pass on the batmobile

I just checked out the big, super detailed not-Hot Toys Ghostbusters in the other thread. Hgggggggggnnnnhhh! I think I need to reconsider my display space (again) and make room for the entire team, if I can afford them.

To think that only a few years ago, I had largely forgotten about Ghostbusters (except occasionally rewatching the movies every few years). I blame it all on Wetwired.

I take no responsibility

ghostmind

So will the Lowrider be a $20 or $30 set? Either way, it feels like it will continue the tradition of fantastic $20-30 Super Hero sets each year.

Not quite.

Inspired by the film, the first set depicts LEGO Batman’s race through Gotham City in pursuit of Man-Bat and the Kabuki Twins in the Batmobile. The set includes the Batmobile with dual cockpit for Batman and Robin, two stud shooters and multidirectional wheels for three different modes — race mode, monster truck mode, and parallel-parking mode. The set, which features 581 pieces, will retail for $59.99.

The Joker’s Notorious Lowrider set depicts Batgirl’s pursuit of The Joker and Harley Quinn through the streets of Gotham City. The lowrider features bouncing suspension, handles for Harley to hang onto, and hidden double spring-loaded shooters (activated by pushing the buttons behind the stereo.) The set, which features 433 pieces, will retail for $49.99.

Wanderer5

How many batman movie sets are there at the moment?

That Joker car and the minifigures it has are pretty sweet, through meh at the Batmobile.

Ponn

Banned
Not quite.

2XhEBV3.jpg

Ha...what?

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow first DC wave for 2017 is thirteen sets for the movie.o_O

:( ugh. Hopefully they still have comicfocused sets, it finally got kinda good with Blue Beetle, Deadshot etc as figs :(

Don't misunderstand me the movie looks fun.. as a movie, I just prefer the comics more and just hope the figs we are getting are not all too crazy and different..

Rootbeer

Banned
That Harley minifigure is something special.

I hope I like this new interpretation of the joker. The way his mouth looks like it was drawn in crayon is definitely not what I am used to seeing on the character, even in the LEGO universe. Also, the shark teeth o_O

teeny

I need both of those sets / minifigures in my life! Can't wait to see more from the line, especially if there are going to be bigger builds.

The Argos 3 for 2 deal starts today and I am so tempted to just... buy everything. I'm still working slowly on the bloody Brick Bank I got in April and haven't had the time or the money to really focus on Lego :(

I really want to get my display room sorted as well, it's a mess right now. I'm finding it hard to juggle an increasing number of sets with a clean display that isn't just a bunch of stuff clustered on the shelves. #LegoProblems I guess :p

Edit: Certainly not going to help the aforementioned problem....

6fwtIoD.png

Tis going to be a fun weekend!

Also, if anyone in the EU (I'm based in the UK) wants a complete & sealed 70816-1: Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! for £50 + P&P (which is about £10 i think, give or take), please shoot me a PM.

Well folks, the 911 GT3RS is finally complete. This build took an amazing 10 hours to complete, I did one box a day, spanning 4 days. This is an outstanding set that was very fun and sometimes challenging to complete. The end result is both huge and visually impressive, it will no doubt get the attention of anyone that catches a glimpse. In my opinion the pics do not do it justice. The first box was by far the longest to complete, at about 4.5 hours. The other 3 boxes were about 2 hours a piece. I really enjoyed the overall process, from the drivetrain/chassis build to the marriage of the interior/body panels. All in all this is one of the most satisfying sets I have ever completed...my only disappointment is that it is over. A bunch of pics of the process are below, let me know if you have any questions about the set!

Jimbro72

Very nice! I look forward to putting it together some day but 8 weeks later and I'm still waiting for LEGO to ship out the one I ordered on June 1st. It's almost inexcusable that its taken 2 months for them to work out the shipping issue for this set. How is that even possible?

mclem

It amuses me that there's surprisingly few of the pieces I always associated with Technic from my youth - the 1xn with the holes for axles. Has Technic changed, or is this The Thing for the really big sets these days?

It amuses me that there's surprisingly few of the pieces I always associated with Technic from my youth - the 1xn with the holes for axles. Has Technic changed, or is this The Thing for the really big sets these days?

Standard bricks with Technic holes aren't used in Technic anymore, only as components in standard system sets to add Technic functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom