• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
That Alfred fig is glorious. I hope they have multiple versions of Robin in different costumes throughout the sets and CMF line. I'm also wondering if they will have another UCS type Batman set coming out of this movie and if so what it would be. A Bat-Zeppelin?

I'm sorry UCS sets don't come with seatbelts!

Another Bionicle contest this time to moc Makuta and they even tease you.

I'll see if I can get an image of it.

Contest Video at https://www.lego.com/en-us/videos/themes/bionicle/lego-bionicle-contest-video-a74b0b3ddf4d4701a6d60fec4279c583##sp=34

Some Makutas JTO Makuta on the left.
group.jpg

I hope the overlord one in the center is released as a set.

Yeah the overlord is by far the best. The other two are too cluttered in my opinion. Really hope he becomes a set

Fishlake

Yeah the overlord is by far the best. The other two are too cluttered in my opinion. Really hope he becomes a set

He has some printed and cloth pieces so I imagine some of him will become a set if not the whole thing.

The others seem to be made of existing parts.

Love how he has the masks on his staff.

That said I do like the JTO versions use of a wheel as the center chest armor.

YES! So excited to finally see my stuff in a trailer, I did some of the various batmobiles in the batground of the batcave. I'll have to take some screen grabs to show which ones and take a closer look to see if any of it was changed/altered

Put a screen capture and we can play, "Which is Wetwired's?"
Can put answer in spoiler tags.

Movie looks like it will be very entertaining. I will keep expectation low as I can't imagine the movie being close to as good as the "The LEGO Movie".

wetwired

legobatmanvehicles.jpg

That's the ones that I could make out from the trailer that I worked on. There's probably about 10x as many I actually made so it'll be interesting to see if they make the final cut. I made some really fun ones too which people would get a kick out of if they see them.

From what I can tell the only one that it looks like they've changed is the one in the top left which is sort of amalgam of both Schumacher designs, the detailing around the front nose is a bit different from mine.

Ponn

Banned
legobatmanvehicles.jpg

That's the ones that I could make out from the trailer that I worked on. There's probably about 10x as many I actually made so it'll be interesting to see if they make the final cut. I made some really fun ones too which people would get a kick out of if they see them.

From what I can tell the only one that it looks like they've changed is the one in the top left which is sort of amalgam of both Schumacher designs, the detailing around the front nose is a bit different from mine.

Dude, that Batimus Prime truck is bad ass! They have to make that into a set.

wetwired

Now that it's in the trailer it's probably safe to share this, I've been dying to show you guys. It was the first thing I worked on for it. It's something I'd been wanting to do myself anyway so it was good timing. The only downside is I can't put it on LEGO Ideas :)

Everything I made was done digitally but I had to build this one physically. It's a bit different than the one in the film as I had to change some stuff to make it more stable/strong but I actually think it came out better IRL

burtonbatmobile.jpg

ghostmind

legobatmanvehicles.jpg

Whoa, I thought you had contributed a model or two - didn't know that you were in that deep. So awesome.

Have LEGO given you any indication of whether any of your builds will make it to official purchasable set form?

wetwired

Whoa, I thought you had contributed a model or two - didn't know that you were in that deep. So awesome.

Have LEGO given you any indication of whether any of your builds will make it to official purchasable set form?

I have no interaction with LEGO directly, but everything I worked was specifically for background stuff so I doubt it.

ghostmind

Now that it's in the trailer it's probably safe to share this, I've been dying to show you guys. It was the first thing I worked on for it. It's something I'd been wanting to do myself anyway so it was good timing. The only downside is I can't put it on LEGO Ideas :)

Everything I made was done digitally but I had to build this one physically. It's a bit different than the one in the film as I had to change some stuff to make it more stable/strong but I actually think it came out better IRL

burtonbatmobile.jpg

Very slick - love the massive amounts of SNOT, the angles/slopes you got in, and the inclusion of the cauldron piece.

This one deserves to come to market.

Jimbro72

legobatmanvehicles.jpg

Is that a boat in the lower right corner? Any chances we could see other pics of that or...all of them? :)

R-User!

burtonbatmobile.jpg

Really nice!

Love the Batboat. It will go well with Swashbuckler/Pirate Batman.

Any chance you have them in LDD format to possibly share some of them in the future?

P.S. Congrats again on being part of the movie and making some of the cuts.

wetwired

Love the Batboat. It will go well with Swashbuckler/Pirate Batman.

Any chance you have them in LDD format to possibly share some of them in the future?

P.S. Congrats again on being part of the movie and making some of the cuts.

One day perhaps, again I'd have to get permission and likely not until the film has been released

burtonbatmobile.jpg

Amazing Burton/Clit-mobile!!

I can imagine it as an actual set with a bunch of stickers.

Osahi

legobatmanvehicles.jpg

Great stuf!

The trailer is brilliant too. Had some real honest laughs out of me. Can't wait!

Rootbeer

Banned
I hadn't thought of this, but I'm seeing lots of discussion about it elsewhere... so, are we getting a LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigure series around the time of the film? Seems a lot of people are thinking that we are.

Lego VW Beetle by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

Lego VW Beetle and VW T1 Camper Van by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

I'd say that this is one of Lego's best sets ever. It's basically flawless. We're talking things like the spare wheel hanging below the base of the car inside the front, and there being too little leg room in the backseat (then again, this IS a Beetle).

The build is packed with new techniques and there's all kinds of weird builds that end up supporting a piece just so it doesn't move, even though almost everything is built on hinges. Builds are made in all kinds of directions. Even the stickers go on easily enough, unlike the nightmare that was the Camper.

Then there's the fact that you get tons and tons of new parts in azure. I already plan to buy a second one just to get that wonderful selection - I will find a use for most of them and I can't imagine that Bricklink will have them any cheaper, even though this set was slightly more expensive, relatively, than the Camper.

My only worry is that it won't be in production for as long, even though it should be extremely popular (is there a more iconic car?). All that azure can't be easy to keep up, unless suddenly every other line (besides Friends which already does azure quite a lot) gets a healthy dose of it. Even things like brackets and clips and jumpers (1x2 and 2x2) and all kinds of slopes come in this colour.

Buy it. Just buy it. You could wait for a sale (like that ever happens for these kinds of sets) yada yada yada, but then you'd spend more time without this set.

Edit: It is to scale with the Camper. They are virtually the same length, as in real life. The Beetle is just a bit too high, but it looks good either way. Also, the Technic figures fit so well in both that it can't be a coincidence.

10666150_1470956796532276_1158533701_n.jpg

ghostmind

I hadn't thought of this, but I'm seeing lots of discussion about it elsewhere... so, are we getting a LEGO Batman Movie Collectible Minifigure series around the time of the film? Seems a lot of people are thinking that we are.

I mentioned it a couple days ago, but it got lost in all the SDCC news. We are getting a LEGO Batman Movie CMF series, which should be releasing in January with the 13 sets.

ericb!

Neo Member
Buy it. Just buy it. You could wait for a sale (like that ever happens for these kinds of sets) yada yada yada, but then you'd spend more time without this set.

I received $70 in VIP points from purchasing two copies of Temple of Airjitzu during the LEGO promotion earlier this month. After reading your post, I started thinking, "Volkswagen Beetle for a little over $30?".

S@H order placed.

Koren

Edit: It is to scale with the Camper. They are virtually the same length, as in real life.
If I'm not mistaken, they share the same chassis...

It seems they try to roughly keep the scale across all their creator vehicules, this is great.

Also, the Technic figures fit so well in both that it can't be a coincidence.
That's impressive... Though while they fit perfectly, they're a bit too much out of scale to my taste (that's better if the door is closed).

They should produce those technic figures again... They're quite close to several UCS ship scale, I would welcome a pilot...

You haven't convinced me to buy one... I already wanted one. But I may buy a second one for parts... I love azure. Though I think I already spend too much on Lego :/

mrkgoo

Lego VW Beetle and VW T1 Camper Van by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

I'd say that this is one of Lego's best sets ever. It's basically flawless. We're talking things like the spare wheel hanging below the base of the car inside the front, and there being too little leg room in the backseat (then again, this IS a Beetle).

The build is packed with new techniques and there's all kinds of weird builds that end up supporting a piece just so it doesn't move, even though almost everything is built on hinges. Builds are made in all kinds of directions. Even the stickers go on easily enough, unlike the nightmare that was the Camper.

Then there's the fact that you get tons and tons of new parts in azure. I already plan to buy a second one just to get that wonderful selection - I will find a use for most of them and I can't imagine that Bricklink will have them any cheaper, even though this set was slightly more expensive, relatively, than the Camper.

My only worry is that it won't be in production for as long, even though it should be extremely popular (is there a more iconic car?). All that azure can't be easy to keep up, unless suddenly every other line (besides Friends which already does azure quite a lot) gets a healthy dose of it. Even things like brackets and clips and jumpers (1x2 and 2x2) and all kinds of slopes come in this colour.

Edit: It is to scale with the Camper. They are virtually the same length, as in real life. The Beetle is just a bit too high, but it looks good either way. Also, the Technic figures fit so well in both that it can't be a coincidence.

10666150_1470956796532276_1158533701_n.jpg

I don't think I've fallen in love with a set upon seeing it as I have this one.

Thanks for the pics! Can't wait until I can get one of my own somehow.

Wet wired: that batmobile is the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen. I would so love to buy such a set.

That largest set will have to be a ship, won't it? Time for a Black Pearl reboot, or is there a new ship turning up in that movie?

Lego Sports ... meh. I already have a ton of Germans that I don't know where to put.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hehe that sounds wrong.

Why would they release soccer sets in a year without a big tournament.
Also didn't expect new cars or potc sets

I'm guessing it's not just soccer, but a variety of sports. Non-licensed. A Basketball court, skate park, stuff you can put in a city.

I mentioned it a couple days ago, but it got lost in all the SDCC news. We are getting a LEGO Batman Movie CMF series, which should be releasing in January with the 13 sets.

13 sets just for the Batman movie? And a CMF series! 2017 is gonna be an expensive year.

They better have a bunch of those ridiculous Batman outfits in the CMF series.

I'm guessing it's not just soccer, but a variety of sports. Non-licensed. A Basketball court, skate park, stuff you can put in a city.

I'm hopeful we do get a variety of sports like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom