• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Tecnniqe

Banned
MvNdeQ4.gif

Seems a bit artificial :D

Syysch

What happens if you fuck up a stamp? Can I go back and find that one again?

I had a 3 in a row one and could've sworn I hit it right, but apparently not. Do the different colors mean anything?

Not sure about the colors, but i read that if you screw one up, you can just find a new machine and try again. You might need to go all the way back to the waiting room to reset it.

Not sure about the colors, but i read that if you screw one up, you can just find a new machine and try again. You might need to go all the way back to the waiting room to reset it.

That's good to know. I haven't tried that floor out again, but I'll do that today and see what happens.

Frimaire

Alright, I finally bought 30 Skull Metals and immediately spent 20 of them on storage so I wouldn't be tempted to use them on revives.
I guess this game deserves it, hope you're happy, F2P model...

What happens if you fuck up a stamp? Can I go back and find that one again?

I had a 3 in a row one and could've sworn I hit it right, but apparently not. Do the different colors mean anything?

Honestly I'm not sure it affects anything.
I got a "miss" on one of my first 5 stamps and still got the prize.

Artificial difficulty at its best. You cant even get back up :3

I'm wondering if later bosses have instant kill moves. Hell, I thought Goto's red aura meant he was getting ready for an instant kill. Playing Suda games has programmed me to always watch out for that.

no-more-heroes-bad-girl-inst-o.gif

Best girl

My very first character. She looks pretty close to what I tend to make my main character look like in games, anyway.

Alright, I finally bought 30 Skull Metals and immediately spent 20 of them on storage

Hahah, so I'm not the only one who does that! :D

How do you know if a decal is reusable or one time use?

All decals are "reusable" in the sense that you can remove and reapply them at well. Normal decals (bought or obtained as login gifts) are lost when your character dies. Premium decals only come from the 50k mushroom soup, are foil / rainbow, have a P on them, and are not lost on character death.

I'm wondering if later bosses have instant kill moves. Hell, I thought Goto's red aura meant he was getting ready for an instant kill. Playing Suda games has programmed me to always watch out for that.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/63164/no-more-heroes-bad-girl-inst-o.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Goto's red aura means he's hungry. Toss him a gambleshroom ;)

As for later bosses, I wouldn't say there are any instant kill moves per se. However, due to the level and gear discrepancy each time you reach one of these new bosses (unless you really prepare beforehand), some moves are basically a OHKO. Oh and they also like to stunlock, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Ricker

How are you guys fighting Jin-Die there...just reached her this morning on F6 and got rekted pretty good with my level 25...and why cant I raise my level anymore,maxed out at 25...

One thing I will do is go to that branching part on F1 that was locked before,saw on the map that its open now...?

hbkdx12

Had no idea golden animals gave exp. Thought they just gave full hp. I was sitting on 3 golden frogs and 2 snails.

Thanx guys :)
How are you guys fighting Jin-Die there...just reached her this morning on F6 and got rekted pretty good with my level 25...and why cant I raise my level anymore,maxed out at 25...

One thing I will do is go to that branching part on F1 that was locked before,saw on the map that its open now...?

Hide behind a pillar that's close to her. When her lasers are green run up on her and hit her and then hide behind the pillar. Rinse and repeat basically.

1 star fighters can only be leveled to 25. Beat floor 10 to get a higher grade of fighters that have a higher level cap

The tower changes about every other day so it's possible the changing configuration opened some up new pathing

It's easy to miss but when you beat a boss for the first time (Coen for example) you'll see things pop up like "[Floor name] unlocked." Beating a miniboss unlocks the locked gates in an area, but in some cases, you'll have to open the gate from the opposite side, coming down from a higher floor.

Frimaire

Dumb as hell question, but do you mean item storage? If so, where do you go to upgrade that?

Press options, then select DH Service. There you can choose to upgrade storage.
It's 2 Death Metals for 10 slots.
This is for your waiting room storage only, by the way, character inventories are limited by character type and rank.

How can I upgrade my bag?
You get an extra 10 slots in your character inventory while you're using the DH Express pass.
Otherwise, like I said, it's entirely based on fighter type and rank.

Skrams

Finally got my trophy for 100 successful raids. I wasn't really trying for it, but I wanted money so whatever. Good to know I've slightly ruined 100+ peoples time.

Got a nailgun schematic too. It seems like a pretty good offhand weapon to combine with a machete or what have you.

So should I sell or use this golden snail I have?
I'm pretty sure they give extra experience when you eat them as well as the full heal, but I can sell it for like 7k, too...
You can also crush the snail for a mushroom unique to golden beasts. I found 3 golden snails on a level once attached to walls so I killed them. I was surprised to learn they gave a unique mushroom. I then immediately stomped a few of my golden shit since I wanted to complete my index.
Seems a bit artificial :D

Yep, Jin Die is a dick. I've used my Cloaking mushroom to get the job done on the final chunk of health 2 times for her second fight. Shit's fucking dumb.

Does anyone know how much the final freezer upgrade costs? When my current upgrade is close to done I want to start raiding to get enough for it.

SomTervo

The very first time I tried to use the touchpad in this game I ate a boomshroom and it almost killed me.
It seriously took me hours before I figured out how to swap items properly.

Maybe they patched it, but now it repeatedly tells you how to use the touchpad menu and it seems really intuitive from the get-go.

Frimaire

Maybe they patched it, but now it repeatedly tells you how to use the touchpad menu and it seems really intuitive from the get-go.

Not a problem with the tutorials or anything, I'm just dumb and not well-versed with touchpad use.
It says "flick the toiuchpad" to swap items, and I just never did it fast enough and the game took it as me holding the left or right button.

SomTervo

Not a problem with the tutorials or anything, I'm just dumb and not well-versed with touchpad use.
It says "flick the toiuchpad" to swap items, and I just never did it fast enough and the game took it as me holding the left or right button.

Ah right, haha.

'Swipe' would be a better word than 'flick', tbh.

Tingle

Does anybody know the max rank for fighters? I just got four star fighters, I was wondering if it goes up to five or higher.

Does anybody know the max rank for fighters? I just got four star fighters, I was wondering if it goes up to five or higher.
There is a Rank 5. I doubt it goes higher at the moment, but I don't know for sure.
They need to add the express pass already
Yep. My final pass just ran out a few minutes ago. That feel of rejection as I walked up to the golden elevator lol.
I'm hoping it comes out with today's PS Store update but I'm not holding my breath.

The express pass decals are so great. Now my farming character gets 20% more gold, 20% more splithium, and now 40% more weapon experience. Level 20 fists here I come!

Edit: Level 11 is a pretty good place to farm healing items if you're at 3-stars. Crabs, scorpions, and pillbugs. Bring a fireworks launcher and enjoy the picnic. You only have to worry about one hater as far as enemies go. If you want to farm Goto for green Candle Wolf metal you can do that too.

silva1991

I don't know why, but I can't use elevator in wanoki

It looks different from normal and DH elevators.

You get an extra 10 slots in your character inventory while you're using the DH Express pass.
Otherwise, like I said, it's entirely based on fighter type and rank.

Thanks.

Frimaire

I don't know why, but I can't use elevator in wanoki

It looks different from normal and DH elevators.

Certain side elevators only go between certain floors.
The one in Wanoki connects to a side room on Floor 10, for example.
You can see on the map when rooms line up vertically for elevators.

Wow so your character can they hungry and you use way more stamina for everything, I can roll only half as much. Always eat a frog even if you are at full health.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Are Jackals not in the game atm? Been playing like they are.

Are Jackals not in the game atm? Been playing like they are.
They got temporarily removed because of the exploit to kill them easily. I'm sure they will be back when the bug is fixed.

Until then, snails and poison healing decals are broke as hell. (And I'm taking advantage of it, haha)

silva1991

Certain side elevators only go between certain floors.
The one in Wanoki connects to a side room on Floor 10, for example.
You can see on the map when rooms line up vertically for elevators.

Thanks. Those side levels sure have alot of blueprints and materials :O

Evolved1

They got temporarily removed because of the exploit to kill them easily. I'm sure they will be back when the bug is fixed.

Until then, snails and poison healing decals are broke as hell. (And I'm taking advantage of it, haha)
Yeah, I'm gonna make the most of this window.

Wonder how long.

carrying around a firework gun just for the snails. It's amazing.

delSai

I find there are many ways to remember which side is to throw and which one to eat. Whatever hand you hold your fork in is the "Eat" side or something, hell, if it helps, take a piece of paper and write it down. And then you'll have it remembered in no time. Just use a little help like this if it really becomes a big problem.

Lokbob

Heimo-Jima on floor 6 is so good for Scratch Metal.
Its a very small area with around 20 tubers, takes like a minute to clear this thing. 30 minutes later and my bag was full.

Evolved1

Anyone know the common boss drops floors 1 - 15?

I've been farming bosses and Jin and Max refuse to drop any mats. It's annoying... I just want to know what they drop lol. That train fight is long.

MaKTaiL

I have eaten more boomshrooms than I can count. I honestly believe I've died more times accidentally eating the shroom than throwing it =[
Left side of the touchpad throws it, right side eats it. Eating the wrong mushroom is a different matter though and we've all done it at some point. But the controls are fine and very intuitive.

Lork

Got a self made Meijin tip for anyone having trouble with Jin-Die: Take some doomshrooms into the fight. You might not think that poison would work against a boss, but it totally does. A grilled shroom will do a huge chunk of damage to her while you sit in complete safety. Try to save one for when she's about to teleport up to the platforms - if you do it right, you won't even have to follow her up there.

You just suck at using it. It's pretty simple.
The game interprets a single flick as a double input about 50% of the time. It's atrocious.

I love it so far. The first time I've ever been able to say that about a Suda51 game. It's like Dark Souls but hilarious. There's some good touchpad and DS4 speaker integration as well, which is something I miss in other games.

I don't see myself ever paying for this game, but it's definitely a good palette cleanser between other games.

bronk

Banned
Left side of the touchpad throws it, right side eats it. Eating the wrong mushroom is a different matter though and we've all done it at some point. But the controls are fine and very intuitive.
My touch pad doesnt slide well for me and its a new pro controller. Its annoying as hell going through items when it doesnt move to next item or moves way too far. :(
Hmmm someone else says it registers like shit so maybe its just the game. Either way its annoying

Lucent

The express pass decals are so great. Now my farming character gets 20% more gold, 20% more splithium, and now 40% more weapon experience. Level 20 fists here I come!

Edit: Level 11 is a pretty good place to farm healing items if you're at 3-stars. Crabs, scorpions, and pillbugs. Bring a fireworks launcher and enjoy the picnic. You only have to worry about one hater as far as enemies go. If you want to farm Goto for green Candle Wolf metal you can do that too.

That's where you get candle wolf green metal? That asshole didn't give me any the first time I fought him. I have a few blueprints thar need that stuff.

Top Bottom