• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Has anybody actually put real money into this game? Reason I ask because I feel like they did a good job with the f2p model but it feels like they won't make much from it because you can easily get away not putting in a dime. Hope the game can be successful financially

I did. I had a bunch of PSN credit I never use and bought $30 in currency with a 20% off holiday thing. I think they deserve it so I did. I only used them for expanding my inventory and I'm holding the other 60 or so for when the express pass hopefully drops.

AESplusF

Has anybody actually put real money into this game? Reason I ask because I feel like they did a good job with the f2p model but it feels like they won't make much from it because you can easily get away not putting in a dime. Hope the game can be successful financially

I have personally, I mean it's basically an arcade game right, insert a quarter to continue, if you want to play it that way

Rhanitan

Anybody have any tips for the 23rd floor midboss? My attacks do next to nothing on it, even with a 3 star axe rage move.I have no problems avoiding all his attacks but it takes so much patience to chip away at his giant hp bar that i inevitably screw up and get hit.
I know it eats mushrooms if you drop them but that only seems to distract it for a few piddly hits.

If there is no easier way to get past this I may be done with the game. It was a lot of fun up unitll this point.

ianpm31

I did. I had a bunch of PSN credit I never use and bought $30 in currency with a 20% off holiday thing. I think they deserve it so I did. I only used them for expanding my inventory and I'm holding the other 60 or so for when the express pass hopefully drops.

I have personally, I mean it's basically an arcade game right, insert a quarter to continue, if you want to play it that way

That's good to hear. I expanded my inventory too. I imagine as the game gets tougher you will have no choice but to pay at some point as you run out of continues.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
The very first time I tried to use the touchpad in this game I ate a boomshroom and it almost killed me.
It seriously took me hours before I figured out how to swap items properly.

Haha, we've all been there. That was my first death ^^;

Anyone else encountered this weird glitch?
I left the shop at one point and my character was like this. Messed around for a bit and then tried to use the Metro, but it hung before Tetsuo popped up and I couldn't do anything except close the game via the OS.

I put in 15 bucks. Not so much that I needed it, but because I felt that all the time I played it, will play it, and the fun I'm having is worth 15 dollars to them. It's a bonus that I got a bunch of death metal skulls as well.

hbkdx12

I have these premium decals worth noting.

20% extra damage on any enemy 70% or below health.
No fall damage
7% life back of damage dealt
50 and 100% suplex damage
The sneaky one
Survive one hit that brings you below 1% health by 1hp.
50% extra stamina
i've been grinding raids hardcore the last couple of days to get some perma decals and i ended up with most of these and I think they're mostly crap :/

I paid today 6€ for 10 death metals, which I used to expand the bank. Frankly it's the least I could do considering how much I've played and how much fun I'm having, even if the euro-to-dollar rate is pretty screwed up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ummm I can't find a link to it but I just had an ad play before a youtube video for this, with no gameplay footage just people's reactions

it is one of the most effective pieces of advertising content I have ever seen
Specifically for this reason, I am definitely considering putting something down, probably for the express pass. I never, ever spend money on F2P games, so yeah.

Holy crap I just got on and my base is full of body outlines with gear everywhere.

I was raided 23 times while offline... Only one beat my defenses. Oddly enough almost all came from UK.

i've been grinding raids hardcore the last couple of days to get some perma decals and i ended up with most of these and I think they're mostly crap :/

The 20% below 70 is pretty great.

The survive at 1HP one seems good at first glance, but all it does is just set you up to get finished off by a Goretastic finisher. Not worth it

I fully plan to put some money in to support them, but they hinted at a PlayStation Plus bundle so I'm waiting for that (and the Express Monthly pass).

Not really big about buying Death Metal by itself. I spent most of the free Death Metal expanding my storage space

Motor Psycho has the best rage move in the game, and by extension might be the most awesome move in any "soulsborne" type game to exist. Not only that but when you get the slowdown when you kill an enemy with it, you can move the camera and probably take a nice screenshot.

Persona7

Banned

Probably going to get the express pass with some credit I have stored on PSN.

I bought a $5 pack of death metal, pretty much just to support them. I'll buy an express pass too, when they finally put that up. Really loving the game, hope it does well for them!

Volcynika

I just raided a ton of people (my state is warring with Tennessee), and then spent pretty much all I had, so they have nothing to steal back. :p

MrDaravon

I'm waiting for them to put the Express Pass up to show them some support. Very curious how that will be priced. What do people think is fair for it? It's 30 days right IIRC? Maybe like $10-15?

If I feel like it's too much and/or I burn out on the game at some point I'll at the very least drop them $5 or $10 in death metals just to show some support. I'm pretty sure I'll be on board for the Express Pass though unless it's just really too much.

Innolis

I think I'm done with the game.

A lvl 50 hater 1 shotted my lvl 28 attacker (highest lvl character I have) out of nowhere on the 13th floor. I go back to find my base raided and all my resources gone...Barely had enough to buy a new fighter to try and get her back...however, even on the 1st floor I'm being either invaded by lvl 40 hunters or encounter lvl 50 haters fully equiped that one or two shot me.

It would've been nice to see the rest of the game, but I can't stand the complete lack of balance the game has right now.

Limiting Factor

Neo Member

A lvl 50 hater 1 shotted my lvl 28 attacker (highest lvl character I have) out of nowhere on the 13th floor. I go back to find my base raided and all my resources gone...Barely had enough to buy a new fighter to try and get her back...however, even on the 1st floor I'm being either invaded by lvl 40 hunters or encounter lvl 50 haters fully equiped that one or two shot me.

It would've been nice to see the rest of the game, but I can't stand the complete lack of balance the game has right now.

I had the same feeling after beating the floor 10 boss and starting some of the higher floors. The amount of grinding that the game requires becomes insane, leveling up new characters as they unlock, gear, weapons, etc.. I really enjoyed the time I played but the game demands a lot of you to try and beat all of it.

Phil Fish

Banned

Well I was thinking, couldn't you just detach yourself from a team to prevent getting raided? That way you'd only deal with Haters in random floors?

Then join a team again once you're comfortable with the defence you can setup.

Yesterday I got raided 9 times, only one of which succeeded.

Today, I got raided twice, and both succeeded. Don't know if I was lucky or not, but I had a tank go in first that time, with the purpose of having him take a beating long enough for a second guy to come in.

When I check tomorrow morning, I'll see if it actually makes a good difference again.

Anyway, I THINK not being a team means you will not get raided, so why not just do that instead of quitting? Give yourself a second chance senpai.

Just bought the upgrade to my bank that doubles the HP to 4700. Oh yeah that feels good.

Edit: Also feel like everyone using the machete has made it insanely easy to beat them. Just wait for the jumping slash and it's over.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Same, right now I strongly dislike them. Maybe later I'll use one when stat req's get really high.
They're good to slap on new characters out of the freezer. So you can use upgraded equipment straightaway.

Evolved1

I'm stuck on the 5th floor (Denden -Chofu). It's a dead-end with a shop that sells some materials. How do I proceed further?
You go a different way. Those rooms that have the travelling shop are always dead-ends. Next time it might have a bunch of materials in a kill closet, if the shop moves.

What the hell is the white armor that I see 90 percent of defenders using. It looks like an upgraded version of the lower level armor. Is it THAT good?

Evolved1

Done for the night. Just sent the seven out on expeditions for 6 hrs each. Wonder what that will net in the morning.

What the hell is the white armor that I see 90 percent of defenders using. It looks like an upgraded version of the lower level armor. Is it THAT good?

Can you describe it? A few early armors turn white with higher tiers.

Yeezus

What does sending fighters out on expeditions do?
While on expedition those fighters will be inaccessible from the freezer unless you override the order and recall them. Regardless of their combat performance, it seems that swag will get deposited into your reward box once the expedition is completed.

It is my understanding that sending them out for longer and to higher floors will yield a better return--but im not one hundred percent on this so don't take my word for it.

Holy crap I just got on and my base is full of body outlines with gear everywhere.

I was raided 23 times while offline... Only one beat my defenses. Oddly enough almost all came from UK.

The 20% below 70 is pretty great.

Any defense tips? What's your base level?

Mine is only 19 so mutiplayer bracket is still pretty low. Only have about a 50% defense victory though.

I'm using primarily strikers with dual machetes.

I'm guessing you are talking about the trench coat looking armor? If you upgrade the items to +4, the next upgrade is another tier. The DIY armor becomes white at 2 stars, it looks pretty neat, I still rock the 2 star DIY pants because of this.

I personally like the 2nd tier Sengoku chest piece, because it is blue.

Uncle Prime just gave me a damn Golden Frog. We're on a fucking break rn I thought we were bros

Golden beasts are great, they actually give you lots of exp, really useful to get your next fighter up to snuff.

I'm guessing you are talking about the trench coat looking armor? If you upgrade the items to +4, the next upgrade is another tier. The DIY armor becomes white at 2 stars, it looks pretty neat, I still rock the 2 star DIY pants because of this.

I personally like the 2nd tier Sengoku chest piece, because it is blue.

That's it. I saw it so much that I thought it was 3 star armor.

Varg

Banned
Anybody have any tips for the 23rd floor midboss? My attacks do next to nothing on it, even with a 3 star axe rage move.I have no problems avoiding all his attacks but it takes so much patience to chip away at his giant hp bar that i inevitably screw up and get hit.
I know it eats mushrooms if you drop them but that only seems to distract it for a few piddly hits.

If there is no easier way to get past this I may be done with the game. It was a lot of fun up unitll this point.

Max out the butterfly knife and upgrade a few times. Bring about three of them with you to the boss. Took me a long time to kill it but I did it last night . Good thing is I believe two more floors up and you unlock the rank 4 fighters and start really getting into the game

Bring some mushrooms like crushrooms and stingshrooms. There was a tip that said he really loved mushrooms and the cutscene on floor 11. When he glows red, throw down a stingshroom (it is the one that boosts attack and lowers defense. If you confident in your dodging, use it on yourself too) and get out of the way. He will run into the wall, and that is your chance.

Any defense tips? What's your base level?

Mine is only 19 so mutiplayer bracket is still pretty low. Only have about a 50% defense victory though.

I'm using primarily strikers with dual machetes.

The tip was they seemed to be 30's attacking my 47 rank base. I had captured one of the guys during a rescue. They're still at my base, not sure why I haven't been raided by a high level yet.

The cleaver saber is always the weapon the most successful raiders use, I really need to get them but I can't find the BP. It's ridiculously strong.

The premium elevator has a bug rate of around 40% for me ... how did nobody notice this during QA.

I've never had an issue, what's the bug?

jtan

How can I actually steal characters during raids?

Is it only possible if the other person has some in their freezer? or is it just a luck thing?

closer013

Man, I didn't get a daily pass today after my last one ran out. 20 inventory slots sucks. Please Grasshopper make the 30 day ones available already!

Top Bottom