• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

For fuck's sake. This generation of gamers and their mosquito-like attention span makes it hard not to give up hope. We won't ever be able to have games more complex than "shoot the other dudes" because if they tell you about its systems it's a "shitty infodump", if they walk you through them it's "endless handholding"; and if they leave you to figure out it's "nobody can figure this shit". Can't win no matter who the devs do; no surprise they are all moving to making mindless mobile games.

If you can't put the damn effort to read the already very condensed and 100% relevant information the game tells you, and you don't pay attention when the game actually forces you to throw a mushroom, and you can't even be arsed to check the tutorials in the menu later on, then the game did absolutely everything in its hand to teach you and you have no right to call it a shitty teacher; it's you who is a shitty student.
If anything, it just completely ruins the pacing and atmosphere of the game.

Veggy

Haha, we've all been there. That was my first death ^^;

Anyone else encountered this weird glitch?
I left the shop at one point and my character was like this. Messed around for a bit and then tried to use the Metro, but it hung before Tetsuo popped up and I couldn't do anything except close the game via the OS.

Haha yes, happened to me yesterday

I tried the elevator afterwards and my game hard crashed, counted as a death too :(

Joqu

Are saves tied to your PSN account? I really want to try this but it's not out in my region (Belgium) and I'm not making some other account if I wouldn't be able to switch later on without losing my progress

Not sure why this wouldn't be out in the Benelux anyway :(

AESplusF

Is there an overview where this is out? I may have jumped the gun and bought a PS4 but yet can't paly this, lol.

LET IT DIE is currently available in the following territories:

United States of America
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Malta
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
UK

If you are outside of these territories, you will not be able to download the game. We are currently considering additional regions and will update everyone as soon as we have official information to share. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Are saves tied to your PSN account? I really want to try this but it's not out in my region (Belgium) and I'm not making some other account if I wouldn't be able to switch later on without losing my progress

Not sure why this wouldn't be out in the Benelux anyway :(

Is there an overview where this is out? I may have jumped the gun and bought a PS4 but yet can't paly this, lol.

Just make a dummy US account, download the game. Then you can play it on your normal home account. Only real money items might not be available for purchase.

Skrams

Hitboxes in this game still amaze me. The knife R1 attack makes you duck low so if you're close to a person using a gun, you'll usually go under the shot. It's fucking great.

Also fully explored this version of the map rotation. Still didn't find a treasure tuber. I imagine it's in a different map rotation or fucking insanely rare to spawn.

Anyone have any armor suggestions or sets they're running with? I'm currently wearing Special Forces' Beret E+4, Dark Ryback Body E+1, and Knight's Leggings. Dark Ryback is nice, but I'd like to get some armor that's defensive against Slashing instead. Maybe I'll get the Knights body blueprint eventually. The beret was just easy for me to level up and it now has the highest defense of 60 of my current headgears. Ryback is 148 and Knight is 103.

Kind of sucks too how much gear requires cotton. It feels like a waste when picking up cotton to fill my inventory to the brim. Just an overabundant boring resource compared to some other newer materials I'm gathering. I'm really spreading my oats on all the leveling up which might be the real problem, but eh. I enjoy it at least.

Wish I could find the blueprint for Drill Doctors head with its +12% health. Whats his face was selling it in the secret shop for 120000, but I'm pretty sure those blueprints can be found? I know I bought a heavy hitter helmet blueprint for 30k thinking they were unique to the shop then ended up finding one later.

Leveling up Priest's Coat seems good.

Lucent

Hate how all the lower ranked raids get taken. People getting the easier ones. =[

Also hate when you go on an escalator to a new area, only to find that there's a gate immediately blocking your path.

Phil Fish

Banned
Ohh, okay, I thought I need to play on that account as well!
I need to read into this more, thanks!

Not entirely sure how PS4 works, but I think because LiD is free, it's not bound by DRM bullshit. No license means no authentication or check-in required from the user that downloaded that content.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Not entirely sure how PS4 works, but I think because LiD is free, it's not bound by DRM bullshit. No license means no authentication or check-in required from the user that downloaded that content.

It shouldn't matter. As long as he doesn't intend to share his other (US) account with anyone, he can buy/download anything from it and then play on his main account. Online, trophies, etc. no problem.

MUnited83

For you.
Ohh, okay, I thought I need to play on that account as well! I don't want to have savegame/profile problems ;)
I need to read into this more, thanks!
No issues as far as I know, but if you want to guarantee total compability just create a account on a EU country where it already released, which will have for sure the same exact version your country will eventually get.

RexFury

Surprised how much this game has it's hooks in me. Still can't believe how quality the game is for a free to play model and not once have I felt the need to pay any money. I am at around floor 13 now and I started playing after the Jackals were took out and by the explanation of quite a few of you, I am getting a bit nervous about their return.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, thank you!

Welcome! (Sorry for indirect reply.) For the record, I have no problem playing games downloaded from my JPN account on my main UK one.

No issues as far as I know, but if you want to guarantee total compability just create a account on a EU country where it already released, which will have for sure the same exact version your country will eventually get.

This is a good point, though. If you expect to spend real money (or access DLC) you'll need to do so via the same account/store that you originally download from, so it wouldn't hurt to give it some extra thought for convenience sake.

Riposte

I'm of the opinion that the challenge/limit quests, despite being conceptually interesting, are simply not worth doing and are pretty much busted in execution. All it takes is one enemy killing another to ruin your run. Haters spawn in every area and can often solo whole rooms as soon as you enter. On top of this, there's often no way to know if it's been spoiled or when. I was considering doing the quest which goes from floor 1 to 10, then I realized how much bullshit that would be. It's a shame they hold most of the skull metal rewards, which is by far the most valuable (literally worth money). Have to ignore these outright or it'll burn me out on the game.

tamminen

I pretty much gave up on questing after trying the first 2 kill everything quests a dozen times and failing every time for an unknown reason. I dont know if Im missing on something huge by ignoring the quests but theyre not fun for me so fk it.

BigEmil

For fuck's sake. This generation of gamers and their mosquito-like attention span makes it hard not to give up hope. We won't ever be able to have games more complex than "shoot the other dudes" because if they tell you about its systems it's a "shitty infodump", if they walk you through them it's "endless handholding"; and if they leave you to figure out it's "nobody can figure this shit". Can't win no matter who the devs do; no surprise they are all moving to making mindless mobile games.

If you can't put the damn effort to read the already very condensed and 100% relevant information the game tells you, and you don't pay attention when the game actually forces you to throw a mushroom, and you can't even be arsed to check the tutorials in the menu later on, then the game did absolutely everything in its hand to teach you and you have no right to call it a shitty teacher; it's you who is a shitty student.
Well said

Frimaire

So should I sell or use this golden snail I have?
I'm pretty sure they give extra experience when you eat them as well as the full heal, but I can sell it for like 7k, too...

silva1991

There are no elevators in the second level? I got rid of half of teh shit I had just to take blueprints and materials. the bag is ridiculously small.

Motor Psycho has the best rage move in the game, and by extension might be the most awesome move in any "soulsborne" type game to exist. Not only that but when you get the slowdown when you kill an enemy with it, you can move the camera and probably take a nice screenshot.
Yes, it's amazing and it somehow only costs 1 Rage level. I always have one on me just in case I stumble into a challenge room

SilentRob

So should I sell or use this golden snail I have?
I'm pretty sure they give extra experience when you eat them as well as the full heal, but I can sell it for like 7k, too...

I always sell. Barely worth it as a food item.

Getting 7K takes 2, 3 raids so about 5 to 10 minutes. Experience is worth way more to me. Keep them and when you get a new character slot, use it with your new Char and start at Level 25 instead of 0.

GmK

Neo Member
oh, it's actually a set thing? I thought the free 1 day pass was just a "here's a taste" thing they do in most F2Ps.

For the first 10 or so times you log into the game you get a bonus, and on day 3 and 6 and 9 (example) you get express passes. Someone posted the list somewhere in this thread.

Edit: List is in the OP

delSai

The Inside Grasshopper edition of Let it Talk was really good. Hope they continue to do those videos for upcoming patches and so on.

Innolis

Well I was thinking, couldn't you just detach yourself from a team to prevent getting raided? That way you'd only deal with Haters in random floors?

Then join a team again once you're comfortable with the defence you can setup.

Yesterday I got raided 9 times, only one of which succeeded.

Today, I got raided twice, and both succeeded. Don't know if I was lucky or not, but I had a tank go in first that time, with the purpose of having him take a beating long enough for a second guy to come in.

When I check tomorrow morning, I'll see if it actually makes a good difference again.

Anyway, I THINK not being a team means you will not get raided, so why not just do that instead of quitting? Give yourself a second chance senpai.

I'm not sure you can even leave a team without joining another one. If I could stop the raids and bring the hater lvl down to something manageable (and not lvl 15 barehanded vs lvl 50 with dual machetes) I'd probably be able to get on my feet. But the way it is right now, the game takes away all the progress I make...

Frimaire

Hey, I remember finding an area that was just a series of linear hallways filled with nothing but the mk.1 tubers.
Anybody else find this and remember the name? Seems like a good place to farm Scratch metal/ weapon affinity...

I found this again, if anyone's interested. It's called Heimo-Jima on the 6th floor.
It's seriously just one hallway with like 20 tubers and usually one hater, and you can respawn them by just leaving the floor and coming back.
Really easy to get sniper mastery up 'cause you can just line them up and take out like 3 with one shot.

realcZk

I started playing after they had removed Jackals from the game due to the elevator exploit. Can anyone describe what playing with Jackals was like? Did they spawn on higher level floors if you took too long to clear and hunt you down?

Getting 7K takes 2, 3 raids so about 5 to 10 minutes. Experience is worth way more to me. Keep them and when you get a new character slot, use it with your new Char and start at Level 25 instead of 0.

Wait what? It gives that much HP? Damn, I'm gonna use all of my golden animals when I hit 4 stars

Syysch

I started playing after they had removed Jackals from the game due to the elevator exploit. Can anyone describe what playing with Jackals was like? Did they spawn on higher level floors if you took too long to clear and hunt you down?

After you reach a certain floor, you'll get a cutscene with them, and then they'll begin to appear on i believe any floor you've been on for too long as far as the game decides, seems bigger floors have a longer threshold. If you run into one, expect it to teleport all around and then oneshot you, so get off the floor asap when the siren blares.

I pretty much gave up on questing after trying the first 2 kill everything quests a dozen times and failing every time for an unknown reason. I dont know if Im missing on something huge by ignoring the quests but theyre not fun for me so fk it.

I wouldn't worry about them. I'm only doing easy quests that reward Death Metal. If I need a specific type of metal I'll check the quests too.

What happens if you fuck up a stamp? Can I go back and find that one again?

I had a 3 in a row one and could've sworn I hit it right, but apparently not. Do the different colors mean anything?

Top Bottom