• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

The game interprets a single flick as a double input about 50% of the time. It's atrocious.

I like the general design of the touchpad implementation (left side to throw, right to eat, and using the touchpad to switch items), but yeah, the double flick gets me quite often. Noticed if you do a long flick you can sweep through more than two items. The acceleration is really unnecessary. Wish it was just one move per flick, always.

Do you die if you get error disconnects while outside waiting room?

Yes, if you disconnect or go back to the title screen for any reason mid run, it treats it as a death. If at all possible, keep selecting to stay in and try again. Sometimes it will reconnect and you can make your way to the waiting room.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yes, if you disconnect or go back to the title screen for any reason mid run, it treats it as a death. If at all possible, keep selecting to stay in and try again. Sometimes it will reconnect and you can make your way to the waiting room.

Ouch. I had an issue where I couldnt return to title (icon was gone from my menu) and I turned my PS4 off while in the waiting are and when I logged in it was dead, was like <1h so not much lost but frustrating as I spent like 10 minutes reading the tutorial book and not being able to find it.

It's showing now but the fact that PSN or their servers going down can get you killed can cause some frustrations (more so than Jin "OP MFER" Die) down the road :3

What it should do is leave the character in the game world for a minute or whatever and if it survives you (server) log(s) out successfully but have to do the floor again, obviously.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
My god this game is wonderful. I decided to try it based on how active this thread is and what Giant Bomb had to say about it.

When I saw the message that someone invaded my waiting area, a wave of dread and excitement washed over me. That sort of reaction has solely been in the realm of the Souls and Bloodborne games up until now.

I spent last night raiding like nobodies business. I increased my freezer and I now have 3 cells. Although I doubt I'll be using those cells anytime soon. The one person I kidnapped, the retaliation was swift and severe.

Yea, I'm going to spend some money on this game and increase my bank slots.

Ouch. I had an issue where I couldnt return to title (icon was gone from my menu) and I turned my PS4 off while in the waiting are and when I logged in it was dead, was like <1h so not much lost but frustrating as I spent like 10 minutes reading the tutorial book and not being able to find it.

It's showing now but the fact that PSN or their servers going down can get you killed can cause some frustrations (more so than Jin "OP MFER" Die) down the road :3

What it should do is leave the character in the game world for a minute or whatever and if it survives you (server) log(s) out successfully but have to do the floor again, obviously.
Definitely not a great design. I get that they want to keep the danger aspect of needing to making it back to the waiting room, but it would be nice if disconnects and the like were handled more gracefully.

Yeah, come back at the elevator / top of the last escalator you used or whatever. You'd still have to fight your way back since things would respawn, but works really get rid of that feeling of an "unfair" death.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Definitely not a great design. I get that they want to keep the danger aspect of needing to making it back to the waiting room, but it would be nice if disconnects and the like were handled more gracefully.

Yeah, come back at the elevator / top of the last escalator you used or whatever. You'd still have to fight your way back since things would respawn, but works really get rid of that feeling of an "unfair" death.

Well they want that Day Z feeling but with more Souls style combat, which is also why DC kills you so you can't escape at 1HP.

However good design factor in the possibility of service or disconnects and just freeze your character in its last location for ~5 minutes after disconnection allowing mobs to still kill you if you DC during combat but also allows for you to get back in quickly and possibly save yourself due to an actual server interruption.

GodofWine

Although I doubt I'll be using those cells anytime soon. The one person I kidnapped, the retaliation was swift and severe.

Yea, kidnapping invokes a response from the WORLD...not just the person you stole from, its foolish to even kidnap a person IMO.

Expeditions, and leaving the spoils in the 'gift box' until needed are really key moves. I have like 10,000 SPL in there, unraidable.

Volcynika

Yeah, someone stole one of my characters, but I couldn't rescue them since I was in a war at the time. A little bit later, got a prompt saying my character was rescued. Thank you, kind anonymous citizen!

GodofWine

If you disconnect, STAND STILL (assuming its your internet..maybe psn not sure if it works). Do nothing, access nothing, do nothing that will make the servers realize you are offline. As long as you do not access the servers (which means do NOTHING since almost everything calls the servers), and you are able to reconnect, you will live.

Tecnniqe

Banned
If you disconnect, STAND STILL (assuming its your internet..maybe psn not sure if it works). Do nothing, access nothing, do nothing that will make the servers realize you are offline. As long as you do not access the servers (which means do NOTHING since almost everything calls the servers), and you are able to reconnect, you will live.

Wont that kick you from the server/psn prompting you to log back in/kicking you back to menu?

Or does the game just stay open with you in the game world while offline?

How do I beat the second boss :( she shoots me with her lazers anytime I try to come up to her. Already lost 3 DMs for this stupid fight.

I just beat her,as far as i can tell theres basically only one true opening for melee (when she starts like eating her self or some shit).

Pretty bad fight and really highlights the clunkyness of the game. (also dat stutter)

GodofWine

Wont that kick you from the server/psn prompting you to log back in/kicking you back to menu?

Or does the game just stay open with you in the game world while offline?

Im pretty sure it stays open, but the tricky part is knowing your internet dropped and NOT doing almost anything requiring a server...this game hits the servers for practically everything. But once you are in a floor, its loaded, and if you don't do anything, it won't know that YOUR internet dropped.

I've seen it confirmed on the subreddit (which is really useful r/letitdie)

Does this hold up if PSN goes down for a minute? I have no clue.

How do I beat the second boss :( she shoots me with her lazers anytime I try to come up to her. Already lost 3 DMs for this stupid fight.

Hide beind a pillar close to her, rush when lasers are green, punch, run, repeat.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hah interesting. I figured any movement was sent/confirmed by the server and without any response it would flag as DC (considering it shows tracking map at the end).

Maybe if you stop the instant it goes down or happen to stand still when it happens so the X/Y location matches :p

If you mean Jin Die (second mid boss), you just need to use cover to approach. Run cover to cover until you are close, then rush her with melee. Roll for those last couple feet if you need to. Some people like drop kicks, but I've never bothered.

Wish I could watch gameplay videos of everyone having trouble with her. She seems so easy and predictable to me, I'm a little baffled why everyone is having so much trouble. Would love to see where people are going wrong.

Yeezus

Some additional tips for Jin Die if people are having lots of trouble:

-your fighter doesn't seem to take damage when she teleports out of your chain combos
-you can load up like 4 toughshrooms at the start of the fight and they stack, meaning you'll take reduced damage for a significant amount of time
-bring a gun so that you can shoot during the final phase instead of exposing yourself

SomTervo

NQSsGwY.jpg

4hGQB9e.jpg

I want to say "and this is why every modern game has forced tuturials as if the players were stupid", but the saddest thing is that this game actually has forced tutorials (you cannot progress until you throw a mushroom to the mushroom lady), then a "tutorials" tab in the menu in case you missed it, and people still manage to miss them.

1ddkecx.jpg

Yep, when all else fails, make stuff up. Anything but admitting you just didn't pay attention. :D

Yeah I thought it was pretty clear. It throws you your screen the message 'click right on the touch pad to consumer and flick left/right to change item' like three times at least.

delSai

Jin-Die has phases? I was fighting her on the ground all the time and nothing changed. She did the same thing at the beginning and end.

Jin-Die has phases? I was fighting her on the ground all the time and nothing changed. She did the same thing at the beginning and end.
Her last phase is to teleport either into the rafters or down below, depending on which area you are fighting in. If you've got good weapons though, it's pretty easy to kill her before she even registers it's time to shift levels.

I actually thought it was a bug the first time I saw her teleport off the ground.

delSai

There's going to be Livestream with the Let it Talk Crew coming soon, as announced on Twitter.

Her last phase is to teleport either into the rafters or down below, depending on which area you are fighting in. If you've got good weapons though, it's pretty easy to kill her before she even registers it's time to shift levels.

I actually thought it was a bug the first time I saw her teleport off the ground.

Ah i see, might go back to see that phase.

Yeezus

Ah i see, might go back to see that phase.

During my first attempt, I got vomit blasted at the end and thought oh I'm almost done, I should be able to finish this off with no items. So I used a DM only to have her teleport and waste me again after like 30 seconds. Very upsetting!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Jin-Die does not drop mats for me.

5x now. I even killed more annoying version, and nothing...

Growl.

Jeez, encountered a reversal tuber for the first time. Saw this massive robot dude chilling in a tunnel and was like "The fuck is THAT!?"

Wasn't that hard to kill thankfully.

Burnburn

Haven't said much here because whenever I had free time I'd be playing it heh. Anyway some quick things/ questions.

It seems like if your character gets captured it returns without any of its equipment, stickers and inventory. I didn't know this, so I just send one of my guys into defense which I also used as a item mule. Lost all those items and the 3 stickers I had on him which sucks so much. What I always liked about defending was that it was 0 risk for the defenders. I think the guy even had a peel-off sticker I really wanted to give to rank 4s ugh. Then there's the fact that I get raided by everyone and their mom when I have more than 30k money.

Which brings me to the next point. How do so many people find me when I have more than 30k in money, but when I look for people to raid I'm lucky to see anyone with more than 4k. Is there something I'm missing here? It's just so, so, so annoying to constantly get raided, sometimes when I'm just going from floor to floor I lose more than I gain. There should honestly be some kind of limit.

I also maxed out a rank 3 attacker, but have been pretty disappointed by the class so far. The brawler seems better in every way than it. I was hoping to make the attacker into a boss slayer, but it dies way to fast and doesn't do that much damage. Anyone got any tips for weapons/load-outs for anything that's not a defender or brawler (the only classes plus all rounder which I've been happy with). I want to try and love the other classes for what they offer, but they havent offered me much at all right now.

hbkdx12

Haven't said much here because whenever I had free time I'd be playing it heh. Anyway some quick things/ questions.

It seems like if your character gets captured it returns without any of its equipment, stickers and inventory. I didn't know this, so I just send one of my guys into defense which I also used as a item mule. Lost all those items and the 3 stickers I had on him which sucks so much. What I always liked about defending was that it was 0 risk for the defenders. I think the guy even had a peel-off sticker I really wanted to give to rank 4s ugh. Then there's the fact that I get raided by everyone and their mom when I have more than 30k money.

Which brings me to the next point. How do so many people find me when I have more than 30k in money, but when I look for people to raid I'm lucky to see anyone with more than 4k. Is there something I'm missing here? It's just so, so, so annoying to constantly get raided, sometimes when I'm just going from floor to floor I lose more than I gain. There should honestly be some kind of limit.

I also maxed out a rank 3 attacker, but have been pretty disappointed by the class so far. The brawler seems better in every way than it. I was hoping to make the attacker into a boss slayer, but it dies way to fast and doesn't do that much damage. Anyone got any tips for weapons/load-outs for anything that's not a defender or brawler (the only classes plus all rounder which I've been happy with). I want to try and love the other classes for what they offer, but they havent offered me much at all right now.

I get the impression that the raid list probably does something along the lines of showing a fraction of what you have in coins/SPL if you're over a certain amount because if for example, you were to show up on the raid list with 30k. someone would raid you and take the whole thing, not only would that suck for you to get wiped out in one raid but it would also dilute the matchmaking for raids since one person would be taking the whole thing as oppose to having multiple people take a cut of that 30k

I could be wrong but that's my assumption.

Burnburn

I get the impression that the raid list probably does something along the lines of showing a fraction of what you have in coins/SPL if you're over a certain amount because if for example, you were to show up on the raid list with 30k. someone would raid you and take the whole thing, not only would that suck for you to get wiped out in one raid but it would also dilute the matchmaking for raids since one person would be taking the whole thing as oppose to having multiple people take a cut of that 30k

Hm yeah, that makes sense actually. It's almost always 10% what I lose and that 10% is probably the amount that showed up on the other person's listing of me

D i Z

I believe this is the case.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I hate the shit out of that second Jin-Die encounter. Her crappy pattern tells make approaching her a real crapshoot, and then you may eat a bunch of fall damage on top of it all.

Ostinatto

One of my characters is defending my base, but he died, how can i get him back?

How can i get another decal slot?

Any tips on the second boss (laser girl) ?

Baliis

He died or was captured? Nothing happens if he dies, but if they were captured someone needs to raid the person that captured them and free them.

Burnburn

I hate the shit out of that second Jin-Die encounter. Her crappy pattern tells make approaching her a real crapshoot, and then you may eat a bunch of fall damage on top of it all.

What has worked for me 2 times so far is the following; those 2 times she always spawned right in front of me. If that happens attack her asap, but right before she transports run towards the right corner of the gate that locks you into the fight. I've noticed from this point she teleports a lot at points where she can't hit you. From there wait until she spawns right in front of you again. Rinse and repeat until she warps down.

I don't think he died, probably got kidnapped. You have to raid the kidnapper's base and get him back. Or someone else can get him back for you.

When you unlock higher ranked players they get more slots. You unlock them by climbing the tower!

Tips for her is get super aggressive. If you're right in her face she cant attck. Hug the walls in your approach to her

Asking for a little help.

I am in floor 11 and am stuck.

I can go to floor 12 but there is a door that is locked to got to 13.

There is another floor 12 area that goes to a side floor 11 area thta has another locked stair to go up.

I see no other area to climb.

Also, there is supposed to be a boos in floor 11 but the area seems to have a fence that I cant go through or make it go down.

Any tips?

Been playing this a ton, and I don't think I've heard a duplicate voice say "Let it Die" when you start the game.

Wonder how many variants there are?

Lucent

Asking for a little help.

I am in floor 11 and am stuck.

I can go to floor 12 but there is a door that is locked to got to 13.

There is another floor 12 area that goes to a side floor 11 area thta has another locked stair to go up.

I see no other area to climb.

Also, there is supposed to be a boos in floor 11 but the area seems to have a fence that I cant go through or make it go down.

Any tips?

There are usually a couple of paths on each floor. Escalators that can go up or down. I had to go up to floor 12 or 13 and climb back down to 11 another way from a higher floor to get to the boss.

My base got raided 44 times last night. Only one success, still have a fighter in my jail, the other went through a full reset lol. Where the hell are the high level raiders to the rescue. Probably because I didn't have any resources. That freaking cutlass is amazing.

for 43 successful defenses I get, 7188 Splith reward. One success against me and I lose 2k lol. Seems fair.

MrDaravon

Starting to feel the grind to be honest; I've hit floor 11 (but not progressed) and have been leveling up rank 2 dudes, but I keep running into high level haters that can easily kill me in one combo even if I'm level 40+ if I don't have full armor on which is starting to get costly. I'm still ultimately making small progress in terms of R&D and leveling but it's definitely starting to drag a bit. Every time I hit 50k I immediately buy a mushroom stew because if I sit on any amount of money I get raided a bunch. Speaking of which, having 4 max level rank 1 dudes and one max level rank 2 dude all with full armor/gear doesn't seem to stop anyone from raiding, I have zero successful defenses. All of the people raiding me are way higher ranked than me so I don't know if it's just that or if I'm doing something wrong (I have all five on defense in the Waiting Room part).

About to hit a wall with my R&D stuff where I either haven't seen the resources I need for crafting, OR the SPL costs are high (I have things that are 2500+ SPL to research the next level) so that's going to force me to start raiding, which in turn is going to increase the odds of me getting raided. Starting to feel caught in a vicious circle here.

hear4beer

getting raiding during an elevator ride is annoying... 4 times in a row is just unbelievable, I haven't been able to get back in at least 12 minutes lol.

edit: and another one

When my OP character dies, should I just revive her using DMs? Whats the best way to get your character back? Got killed by a 10+ level hater :(

There are usually a couple of paths on each floor. Escalators that can go up or down. I had to go up to floor 12 or 13 and climb back down to 11 another way from a higher floor to get to the boss.

Thats the problem. I have been up and around everywhere.

I see no other paths.

Will keep looking though.

Thanks.

When my OP character dies, should I just revive her using DMs? Whats the best way to get your character back? Got killed by a 10+ level hater :(

It depends on what you value on her and on what floor. Higher floors are pretty ridiculous in pricing if you die. If she didn't have much loot on her, I would rather send an alt to kill her to get her back, you don't get your loot but it isn't free. If you had something you really wanted or needed, like a ton of blueprints, I would bite the bullet and use a dm when she dies so I can try to get to the next elevator. If you were on a low floor, the coin cost is bearable, but 20+ is when it gets pretty pricey that it takes basically an upgraded bank to even afford.

For those of you guys who have 5* fighters, I found a great farming spot. I guess anyone lower can do it but the reward will be less. YOU NEED A DECENT WEAPON, like Pork Chopper, Motor Psycho, etc. You will be fighting 5 star enemies. Take the elevator to Ikegara, the 1st floor, the first hater is close and go fight it. Then run to Imowaka-Cho, which is right next to the elevator. Now here is a pretty tricky part, there is a hater who is close to the escalator when you get off, but if you walk a little further, there is a chance there is another freaking hater. Luckily haters gonna hate, and you can get them to fight each other. Sometimes you get one hater in the beginning, but I found more often than not I got 2. If you drag the first 1 to the entrance to 1v1 it if you don't want to get into a 3 way match. Each kill should be around 5k coins and 1k splithium because more often than not they are the YMTK guys. Be warned, these are high level weapons that have status effects, they can cause you to be barfing your brains off if you get hit. Luckily you can make them barf if you use those weapons against them.

PS Fuck
U-10
shittiest boss in the game. Spent 3 DM and beat him by using transparagus and guardshrooms.

Starting to feel the grind to be honest; I've hit floor 11 (but not progressed) and have been leveling up rank 2 dudes, but I keep running into high level haters that can easily kill me in one combo even if I'm level 40+ if I don't have full armor on which is starting to get costly. I'm still ultimately making small progress in terms of R&D and leveling but it's definitely starting to drag a bit. Every time I hit 50k I immediately buy a mushroom stew because if I sit on any amount of money I get raided a bunch. Speaking of which, having 4 max level rank 1 dudes and one max level rank 2 dude all with full armor/gear doesn't seem to stop anyone from raiding, I have zero successful defenses. All of the people raiding me are way higher ranked than me so I don't know if it's just that or if I'm doing something wrong (I have all five on defense in the Waiting Room part).

About to hit a wall with my R&D stuff where I either haven't seen the resources I need for crafting, OR the SPL costs are high (I have things that are 2500+ SPL to research the next level) so that's going to force me to start raiding, which in turn is going to increase the odds of me getting raided. Starting to feel caught in a vicious circle here.

Until you get grade 3 fighters and start getting some better weapons, you're going to lose a lot (all) of defenses. Just try to spend down your cash and SPlithium before you log off.

If you need to upgrade, raid until you get what you need, spend it, and don't worry about it after that.

As far as getting wrecked by haters, that's always going to happen. They are there most dangerous thing out there. Need to learn to kill them without getting hit, or at least minimizing it to one mistake. Try to open the fight with a suplex and a couple stomps. Use mushrooms (sleep, tear gas) to control the fight. Let them kill a screamer, and run up and hit them while they taunt. And when in doubt, cloak with the invisible shroom.

Hang in there!

Top Bottom