• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

I'm really bad with remembering to use rage moves, even against the big and scary haters that have caused most of my deaths. I chalk it up to my overly conservative play-style backfiring on me.
You too? I don't know how many times I've died with a full rage gauge. Gotta break that habit!

Solobbos

After the Giant Bomb quick look I finally realised I would like to try it out. Lo and behold, it's not available in my country. Jeez, this is bad.

Phil Fish

Banned
After the Giant Bomb quick look I finally realised I would like to try it out. Lo and behold, it's not available in my country. Jeez, this is bad.

It was established previously in this thread that you can just create a psuedo account where its available, and play it on your primary PSN after downloading it. You really have no reason to complain, it's easy.

Ryuuga

Banned
Got a reply regarding my error

Thank you for contacting the LET IT DIE support team.

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues and greatly appreciate you taking the time to report this matter to us.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue that will require more time to investigate.
Please be advised that when the developers have further information to announce, they will do so via the official website and social media accounts rather than individual reply.

Thank you for playing LET IT DIE.

No, thank you for letting me play once in a while. Guess I'm out for the time being.

GodofWine

So I watched a stream last night and the guy was doing stealth attacks on almost everthing. It was like a wrestling horror movie. This game is so good and I have not yet played it, it's entertaining me before I even touch it.

Im utter shite at sneaking up on people, it seems pretty simple in terms of the mechanic...crouch, avoid eye contact, hit x, stomp stomp.

But on so many people right before I get to them the rock music starts playing.

Do I have to SLOWLY crouch walk?

Syysch

Im utter shite at sneaking up on people, it seems pretty simple in terms of the mechanic...crouch, avoid eye contact, hit x, stomp stomp.

But on so many people right before I get to them the rock music starts playing.

Do I have to SLOWLY crouch walk?

I usually just mash x as i approach if I'm going for one of those. I tend to carry assault rifles though, and the 6-7 rounds i can pump into them from a distance before they can turn around and block any of it tends to be more damage for me.

Doesn't that just make the game a bit.. shit at that point? I mean, if your progress loss increases as you go up the tower, I think I'm out.

Not really. The only time I feel like paying to revive is when I go on a long run without returning to the waiting room (because of elevator placement, new areas, etc). I had 4 new blueprints and a ton of new materials, so the cost was worth it.

Most of the time I'll just go hunt them down with another character. I have 3 decent ones. It's mainly blueprints that make me spend the money to revive.

So, I did find something that the game tutorial indeed mislead you about. It says in the sticked tutorial that regular stickers are lost if removed or the fighter dies. Well, that's simply not true: if you revive them at the freezer, the sticker will still be there. And yes, it was a regular sticker, not premium (actually, my fighter had one of each and both were still applied on revival).

Also, does anyone know if all melee weapons scale with Str and all ranged weapons with Dex? I'm asking this because the knife requires Dex, but then other weapons require HP and Sta...

Bilix

Not sure what happened, but I haven't been raided in over 3 days. I have a decent amount of Kill Coins and SPLithium on hand too.

Dio

Banned
I got ONE PUUUUUUUUNCHED from almost full HP by a level 1 invader with no weapons.

Was that a Grade 3 or something?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Haven't progress much since i'm grinding for some material. Also, i wish they put some limitation on raid. Getting raid close to 8 times is frustating. For now, i try not to raid other peoples bases other than the one raiding me.
Is it the scorpions that seem to be whispering sorry or something else?
Yes, to be specific: Sasasa sasori (scorpion)

hbkdx12

I got ONE PUUUUUUUUNCHED from almost full HP by a level 1 invader with no weapons.

Was that a Grade 3 or something?

You can lock onto an enemy (R3) to see their level but yeah, probably. I imagine they had full mastery with their fist

I kind of love that this game allows a level 1 fighter to appear completely unassuming and then they just decimate you lol

Haven't progress much since i'm grinding for some material. Also, i wish they put some limitation on raid. Getting raid close to 8 times is frustating. For now, i try not to raid other peoples bases other than the one raiding me.

I just look at it as one big commune. I take from people when I need coins, people take from me. If someone logged off with a shit ton of coins, they can spare a few for me :D

I also spend all my coins before logging off so I'm not a mark.

Uthred

Just a little tip, you aren't invulnerable while doing the stamp machine and there's no quick way to get the stamp sheet closed

I am in THE most intense journey back to an elevator right now. Went a little too far with a new character and wound up two rooms away from an elevator, with absolutely no gear or healing items left due to getting my ass oh so nicely handed to me.

Was on floor 15 with a level 33 rank 2 Defender....lol

GodofWine

I am in THE most intense journey back to an elevator right now. Went a little too far with a new character and wound up two rooms away from an elevator, with absolutely no gear or healing items left due to getting my ass oh so nicely handed to me.

Was on floor 15 with a level 33 rank 2 Defender....lol

DONT DROP KICK THE ELEVATOR OR ESCALATOR!!!!!!

After unlocking new grades, you guys just delete your other chars and make higher grade versions of them right?

Sadly, there is no other choice..some sort of suicide expedition would seem to be fitting...I guess you could leave them in defense and maybe they'll get stolen and converted (but that never happens).

As the game is called, Let it Die, all things are temporary.

Anyone know why this isn't listed in my PSN store? I'm in scandinavia.

It probably isn't available yet.

LET IT DIE is currently available in the following territories:

United States of America
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Malta
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
UK

If you are outside of these territories, you will not be able to download the game. We are currently considering additional regions and will update everyone as soon as we have official information to share. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I've heard you can just download it with an account from one of these countries and then just play the game normally from your main account.

delSai

I've heard you can just download it with an account from one of these countries and then just play the game normally from your main account.

Yup. The only thing that might not work is buying stuff from the PSN store. I dont think anyone here has tried it yet.

Phil Fish

Banned
DONT DROP KICK THE ELEVATOR OR ESCALATOR!!!!!!

Sadly, there is no other choice..some sort of suicide expedition would seem to be fitting...I guess you could leave them in defense and maybe they'll get stolen and converted (but that never happens).

As the game is called, Let it Die, all things are temporary.

I don't mind so much, since leveling seems quite fast. Thanks for confirming.

darklin0

Banned
Yup. The only thing that might not work is buying stuff from the PSN store. I dont think anyone here has tried it yet.

I have some games on other regions accounts so I have some experience with this stuff.

For example:
You had to use an NA account to download the game, but you primarily play in a diffrent region account.
You can buy skulls with NA account but they will be tied to the NA Let it Die account.
If you try to buy the skulls with the off-region account, when you go to the PS store, nothing will be listed.
So out of region people can't buy skulls or express passes once available unless they use the NA(or whatever region they are substituting) as their main account..

This is assuming it is in line with other games that have microtransactions.

Pachimari

I just tried to buy something and it won't let me. Guess I gotta meant for that Scandinavian release to waste my money. In the meantime I'll be playing it without spending a dime.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Accidently entered Jin-die fight f16 on the way back to elevator with no weapon or healing items. Didn't go well.
Same happened to me. I was full of blueprints and materials, so I fought it. Luckily found a great cheese spot for 90% of its health, but the last 10% cost me two death metals. :/

Frimaire

Anybody have any advice before I try to fight the floor 23 boss?
Recovery is getting too expensive for me to want to go in completely blind...

Anyone else getting weird stuttering?

Usually in cutscene bits and loading.

Yup been getting alot of glitches and bugs to. such as my character moving around as if he was sitting on a chair that was floating around in the air while the camera was stuck and couldnt be moved. Also express elevator has been screwing me alot getting me stuck in it last night was bad. Had it happen to all 4 characters sometimes it counted as death others it doesnt but all of them did last night. I had to delete a character make a new rank 1 free one and go make kill coins on a lvl 1 just to retrieve one that allowed me to retrieve coins i had on him for the next one and using that saved characters coins to retrieve others. Needless to say that was end of my night there. Also another bug that i seem to be getting alot is at freezer being able to go into menu or push any other buttons but nothing I do will get character to be able to move again. At one point with express elevator messing up my daily box opening wasn't registering either kept opening it over and over getting milk blue metal again and again but they all ended up only counting as 1 of them when it finally fixed. Looks like maintenance today is greatly needed.

Pachimari

This game man! It has so many features or mechanics and I love it. This really came out of nowhere. Some cool weapons in there too, and I'm only at floor 1.

Anybody have any advice before I try to fight the floor 23 boss?
Recovery is getting too expensive for me to want to go in completely blind...

Stock up on shrooms. Crushrooms and stingshrooms boost attack by a lot, keep in mind stingshroom has a defense debuff. When he turns red if you throw a mushroom on the ground he runs after it and stuns himself. Slowmotion shrooms and transparagus are also top tier shrooms to have. Also bring strong weapons and spares. If you stomp a pillbug, the lifeshroom basically is a second chance buff, it gives you 50% back when you lose all your health when grilled.

Top Bottom