• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Phil Fish

Banned
Man, when you fucking get revenge on someone and single-handedly destroy their whole team of 6 + capture 1... Feels good man.

Anyone know where to get Candle Wolf Green Metal? Trying to farm 2 of them at the moment. I'm at Floor 13 or 14 for now.

This just occurred to me btw, but if player A captures player B's character and manages to get the character to reset, player B shouldn't be able to ever get that character back.

In theory, your console can be left on for 48 hours in the waiting room to either succeed or force a ransom, right?

Man, when you fucking get revenge on someone and single-handedly destroy their whole team of 6 + capture 1... Feels good man.

Anyone know where to get Candle Wolf Green Metal? Trying to farm 2 of them at the moment. I'm at Floor 13 or 14 for now.

You get it from Goto on 11.

Frimaire

Stock up on shrooms. Crushrooms and stingshrooms boost attack by a lot, keep in mind stingshroom has a defense debuff. When he turns red if you throw a mushroom on the ground he runs after it and stuns himself. Slowmotion shrooms and transparagus are also top tier shrooms to have. Also bring strong weapons and spares. If you stomp a pillbug, the lifeshroom basically is a second chance buff, it gives you 50% back when you lose all your health when grilled.

Oh, thanks, so it's just GOTO again, then?

dan2026

So when you die you literally start with nothing?
No levels, no equipment or anything?

I don't quite understand how you are supposed to progress.
This isn't like Dark Souls.

Raitaro

It's probably been mentioned multiple times but can I just say that I'm quite miffed that this game has not been released in multiple European countries, in particular The Netherlands to which my account is tied? (The OP seems to indicate it released worldwide...which made me wonder where it was when I checked PSN...)

The messaging the devs are using doesn't give me much confidence it will come to the missing countries soon either, if ever, especially the bolded part: "We are currently considering additional regions and will update everyone as soon as we have official information to share. Thanks for your patience and understanding."

I thought we were past these kind of limited release practices, but apparently not. It also makes little sense to me, this seemingly random selection of countries. Why would Germany be included but The Netherlands not? This is kind of another strike against digital releases as well by the way, as it leaves me with less easy options to import a copy without making additional non-Dutch accounts.

silva1991

Whats the reaction to mushroom lady? I mean, shes in a bikini and pole dances so i figured it didnt go over well with some

She made me laugh, so I like her.

I think you can buy your character in the freezer with 6k killer coins.

You have a box you can store stuff in, a bank to hold money, a store to buy items you've crafted, and you unlock elevator shortcuts as you progress up the tower.

I think you can buy your character in the freezer with 6k killer coins.

On the lower floors, sure. That quickly skyrockets as you climb the tower.

GodofWine

As you progress, you gain 'mastery levels' in each weapon, these remain, so you can have a fresh fighter who can punch through a wall (figuratively).

You can also either revive your fighters with in game currency, or paid for tokens, OR, you can send another fighter to go fight your downed fighter (downed fighters become 'haters' and reside in the level they died in), and if you defeat 'yourself', they go back to your waiting room. They do lose what they were carrying, but their levels remain.

If you leave your hater, and they defeat other players, you get a bonus.

dan2026

You have a box you can store stuff in, a bank to hold money, a store to buy items you've crafted, and you unlock elevator shortcuts as you progress up the tower.

I guess. But when you use the shortcuts you are still level 1 and the enemies aren't.
So they can cream you.

Edit: I guess you have to rely on mastery levels.

\You have multiple characters, one of your characters can go kill your old charterer to get them back or you can buy them for X amount of gold.
Yea this game isnt like dark souls at all, pretty sure the title is meant to be a joke.

I guess. But when you use the shortcuts you are still level 1 and the enemies aren't.
So they can cream you.

You can retrieve your fighters for free by going to the floor they died on and killing them. They'll keep their levels, but lose all equipment they had on them.

As someone else pointed out, you can just pay to get them back with all their equipment but that quickly becomes unviable as the cost goes up.

Basically, it's a good idea to level up all your fighters so you aren't ever stuck with someone at level 1.

GodofWine

So they can cream you.

I think its important to take the time to have AT LEAST 2 fighters who are 'maxed'. Im taking my good ol' time in this tower (6f still...) but have 7 fighters, 6 basically maxed, so now Im ready to make a real push for floor 10 with little fear.

Plus my defenses are solid, and I can farm out some fighters for expeditions.

Aselith

Think of elevators and blueprints (to make equipment) as bonfires. They are your permanent progress. Characters and levels are nothing and easy to gain. The game is all about getting up to the next elevator and unlocking the next BP.

Levels don't even end up making a very big difference as I kill characters 20-30 levels higher than me on the reg.

Phil Fish

Banned
You get it from Goto on 11.

My guess is you have to go to SEYANE at f12, MOMICHARA at F13, then down to an unknown area in floor 12 which lets you in the backdoor of floor 11.

I ended up dying against a hater in F13 and I only have 2000g. Says I need 17k to salvage, WELP

My guess is you have to go to SEYANE at f12, MOMICHARA at F13, then down to an unknown area in floor 12 which lets you in the backdoor of floor 11.

I ended up dying against a hater in F13 and I only have 2000g. Says I need 17k to salvage, WELP
Yep, you're on the right track. Gotta go up to go down.

If you weren't carrying anything worthwhile, you can always go up with a different fighter and get your other one back for free. The higher I climb, the more that option is appealing.

cakely

Whats the reaction to mushroom lady? I mean, shes in a bikini and pole dances so i figured it didnt go over well with some

Let me get this straight: You can't find any outrage, so you're hoping someone here can direct you to some. :)

My thought is that the game's intended audience will be pretty receptive to the character. The cast is honestly much better than I expected for a f2p souls clone.

This weapon is awesome.

detm2Mc.jpg

OFQcQV1.jpg

Phil Fish

Banned
Yep, you're on the right track. Gotta go up to go down.

If you weren't carrying anything worthwhile, you can always go up with a different fighter and get your other one back for free. The higher I climb, the more that option is appealing.

Hmm maybe I missed something. Free? Does that mean if I kill him as a hater, he returns?

Yeezus

Do we know how much EXP you get from eating the golden beasts? I'm reading online that you can find golden snails in floor 13 and I need to start levelling my G2 fighters.

Also

Seems pretty clear that she is a caricature of Princess Peach.

cakely

Hmm maybe I missed something. Free? Does that mean if I kill him as a hater, he returns?

Yes, if you go to the floor where you lost a character, and kill him as a hater, your dead character ends up back in the freezer.

I could be wrong here but I think you lose all his inventory. Maybe someone can correct me.

Yes, if you go to the floor where you lost a character, and kill him as a hater, your dead character ends up back in the freezer.

I could be wrong here but I think you lose all his inventory. Maybe someone can correct me.
You've both got it right. Kill your haterfied fighter, and Uncle Death returns them to the freezer for free. The downsides are the time and risk it takes to do so, and that they lose their inventory. (Premium decals excepted, those return to your decal stash)

But, depending on what they were carrying, and how high up you were, this might be a better option.

TheBear

Is the online stuff like mgsv where if your not paying attention and playing regularly you can get fucked over and lose everything?

Burnburn

Information of this game is way too spread right now, reddit, wiki, neogaf, gamefaqs etc etc. I really hope in the coming days there will be one definitive place for Let it Die stuff.

Is the online stuff like mgsv where if your not paying attention and playing regularly you can get fucked over and lose everything?

Nah, you can only lose a certain percentage of your total Kill Coins and SPLithium which you can in turn raid other players for.

I just spend as much as I can before logging off so I'm not a mark for people raiding.

Demoskinos

I just had the most "well duh" revelation last night. I've been playing since release day and just now realized that there is.... a map. I dunno why but I never once bothered to press down on the D-pad. I just always winged it trying to find exits.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hm so I just died again and it seems i have to pay eventually for more lives

Is this the catch? Pretty neat idea
Don't use those Death Metals willy nilly unless you are willing to just keep plonking down more cash (think of it like putting quarters in the arcade machine).

There are other ways to get your character back and you are better off just "letting it die" unless you are just about to unlock a new elevator, know you can clear the level otherwise, have a ton of valuable stuff and are high enough to not want to buy it back with coins, etc...

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou kindred spirit!

<3

GodofWine

I just had the most "well duh" revelation last night. I've been playing since release day and just now realized that there is.... a map. I dunno why but I never once bothered to press down on the D-pad. I just always winged it trying to find exits.

Same here...this and drop kicking escalators while thinking I was about to escape a mob are my two most repeated errors

I've heard that this happened to a few other people but sad to say it's happen to me too. I've encountered a game breaking error. Error Code 0002. I can get to the start screen but after pressing start the game begins to load and then I get kicked out to the error screen with options to go to the title screen or not. Selecting no repeats the load screen and error and selecting yes resets the game and starts the process again. This has been going on for 3 days. I tried reinstalling and no luck there either.

A bit of searching online found that other ppl had this issue after raiding some guy named barnaid (i may have misspelled that) Seems like the issue has been brought up to GungHo support but no responses yet other than, 'we are looking into it'. So a heads up to people, if you see that name Barnaid as a raid target... run the other direction.

I've since uninstalled the game and am moving on, but I am sad. Don't let it happen to you GAF.

DrkSage

I few days ago I found out you can toss weapons by pressing X + left or right on the d pad when trying to figure out how reloading works. There's a few things this game doesn't explain very well like when it gives you the reloading tip it says "reload pressing L2 or R2 + X" it doesn't really work like that, you have press X then press L2 or R2.

Closest thing the game has to a waifu.

What about the waifu and husbando depot?

jk

I love this games style, but the F2P stuff everywhere and the lack of a platinum trophy (as stupid as that sounds) mean I'm probably not going to keep playing it.

Top Bottom