• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Lucent

Whoa. My butterfly knife took quick care of 5 guys in a raid. I think they were only level 25 but still. This thing is insane.

Lucent

Ok...I'm doing rescues. But when I slash at the cage, the guy disappears. Doesn't seem like I'm rescuing. I remember getting a big splithium bonus first time.

Ok now I got OHKO'd by the first guy in a raid. That sucks. Gaining splithium fast really seems like a gamble.

big_z

Fuck this connection error bullshit, psn is such garbage. Always fun getting stuck while loading because network issues and losing all my shit.

Whoa. My butterfly knife took quick care of 5 guys in a raid. I think they were only level 25 but still. This thing is insane.

Just don't put it on your guys for defense. It has very short range, and a wide window. Personally I think it gets eclipsed VERY quickly as a weapon.

derFeef

So I watched a stream last night and the guy was doing stealth attacks on almost everthing. It was like a wrestling horror movie. This game is so good and I have not yet played it, it's entertaining me before I even touch it.

Fuck this connection error bullshit, psn is such garbage. Always fun getting stuck while loading because network issues and losing all my shit.

Yeah, I've been stuck at endless loading screens a few times now. I really wish the game would realise after a while that it can't load something and prompt an error message at the very least.

Skrams

I use the butterfly knife in every raid. If I don't have it or a machete then I'm going to probably fucking eat it compared to geared up people. One hit of R1 is amazing and OHKOs level 25s usually. Maybe even 50s since it's 1000 damage on a counter I think. It also is pretty powerful despite blocking. The R1 move is also great because of how it alters your characters hitbox. You duck down for the R1 so when enemies are shooting guns so they'll usually shoot above you. That's pretty fucking amazing. It's the best feeling in a way I can't properly describe. It's some combination of dumb ninja anime bullshit and I don't know.
skrams: what about that sword, it was powerful.
The Longsword blueprint is found in 11F-20F from what I remember.
Just don't put it on your guys for defense. It has very short range, and a wide window. Personally I think it gets eclipsed VERY quickly as a weapon.

I dunno. The range is puny on it when used by AI as I never see them use the R1 move which is amazing, but it's so quick and has very little window to be able to react for a counterattack. It's a very scary weapon to see an enemy use since you know one hit means death usually.
Is there a way to get to 4f without fighting the mid boss?
Also should I just sell dupe blueprints?
Activate the elevator on 4F and beyond then take an elevator past him.

And yes, they sell for 300-1200 at times for dupes.
So I watched a stream last night and the guy was doing stealth attacks on almost everthing. It was like a wrestling horror movie. This game is so good and I have not yet played it, it's entertaining me before I even touch it.

Someone earlier in the thread compared it to Manhunt and I'm inclined to agree a bit. Seeing an enemy just sitting there and knowing you can walk around for a suplex or do some hurricana shit is pretty fun. Always great when it's OHKO too.

MomoMura

Does anyone know what metals the bosses drop if you fight them again?

I know Jin-Die drops War Ebsemble blue. What's been your experience with others? Would help me save time and resources

Phil Fish

Banned
So is everyone else enjoying the best 2016 release? :p

Man, I'm just remembering the "Lily Bergamo" fanboys. You know, the ones that would just absolutely shit on this game and say "Fuck this garbage, give me Lily Bergamo!" Yeah, LB looked cool, but for me I was more disappointed with what Let it Die was when they first announced it (f2p, avatar based, etc). Second trailer came out and I got interested, then the game itself came out and it became my fucking game of the year. I was so foolish to have ever doubted GHM, because they've delivered for me every single time.

Mr Croft

Thanks! Also can fighters be injured killed on an expedition? Is there any benefit to sending out high level fighters?

I don't think they can die or at least none of mine have died. It shows them losing fights sometimes but they come back and usually with a good amount for kill coins.

How has everyone been setting up there defense? I haven't lost and attack yet and I have never defended yet either. I have 4 level 50 guys defending and I still lose lol. Should I be sending more "tanky" characters early to stall the timer?

Tizoc

Im up to shimine machi. How the hell do I get back to the waiting room there's no lifts
Let
Your character
Die
yeQUinM0.jpg

Mr Croft

It's funny how I started playing this game. I hardly play ps4 anyway but I happened to turn it on and this game was randomly on my hard drive. I'm assuming the person I share accounts with downloaded it or something? But I decided to randomly boot it up and have been hooked ever since.

Edit: when is the OST coming out. I need this music at work

silva1991

How can I get more of those revivinf rainbow skulls?

So is everyone else enjoying the best 2016 release? :p

It's the third surprise of the year for me after Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Mighty No 9.

Good and fun game.

I used to be on team "This shit and not Lily Bergamo" :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I cant believe how good this game is. Bonkers.

Riposte

Had a bad run yesterday. Died somewhere like 5 times and dropped down to <1000 gold a few times. Fucking machetes man lol. Bad news is that raiding is a bit out of the question, because I got bumped up to where my opponents are 75 and I'm trying to wait this tier out for tier 4.

Emo.

Volcynika

The more successful raids you manage during a war the higher your rewards will be. I'm going to grind like mad next time Canada is at war, hopefully get like 10 death metals

I did at least close to 20 raids I think, but I had to sleep sometime!

(._. )

Floex

This is so fuckin' cray.

I LOVE IT

ed: How to efficiently kill the "wasp robot" type of enemy?

Make sure to get in close so that it does an attack with it's tail that gets stuck in the ground. Obviously make sure you dodge away before he lands it. From there just pummel away.

Doesn't that just make the game a bit.. shit at that point? I mean, if your progress loss increases as you go up the tower, I think I'm out.

I personally think if you have a backup character you are fine. By that point, your most reliable gear is from the items the Commodore makes because they come with max durability, which usually means higher attack than a busted weapon. If you die on a high floor, hop on your alt, buy some gear, and kill your hater. You lose what they had on them but the only real loss are the blueprints. On floors 30+ it costs me over 200k to get Uncle Death to retrieve him.

About leveling alts, try to complete the quests that give golden beasts, eating them is a huge ecp boost. Just eating like a golden rat or 2 puts a new fighter in fighting condition against high level haters.

Volcynika

This is so fuckin' cray.

I LOVE IT

ed: How to efficiently kill the "wasp robot" type of enemy?

An easy way I do is just to get close and bait them into doing their overhead drill attack. Dodge them, they get stuck, and then you can wail on them worry free.

The pickaxe is a game breaker during raids once you unlock both moves. Bait an enemy's attack, use the R1 attack (it has quite a lot of range and is unblockable), get next to the enemy when they get stunned, charge R2 to max (blue spark), 1000+ damage (even the rank 1 ones that drop in the first few floors). I beat a raid of 6-7 characters, several of them level 50, with my level 30 something without breaking a sweat.

I've been stuck around 17F because every time I load the game up I just raid, explore previous alt floors, or fuck around. I'll be trying to break through to 20F tonight.

I can relate to that. I beat Max then spent the next couple of days leveling up my rank 2 characters before tackling the floors beyond. Speaking of which.

Holy shit are those floors cool. I'm kind of sad that many people will only get to experience the relatively drab first ten floors, because the scenery in the 11+ floors is just jaw-dropping. I'm a sucker for urban environments in games because they're rarely done well, but damn. They would be really impressive even without the tower looming in the background.

58k to revive my character on floor 22? Holy shit lol.

Wait, are revive costs tied to character ranks/levels or floor where you died?

Speaking of which, how many floors are there currently? 30?

Volcynika

Wait, are revive costs tied to character ranks/levels or floor where you died?

Speaking of which, how many floors are there currently? 30?

They are tied to your current floor. And currently there are at least 40 floors (I've been avoiding further details personally, but I know there are at least 4 main bosses).

It depends on what you value on her and on what floor. Higher floors are pretty ridiculous in pricing if you die. If she didn't have much loot on her, I would rather send an alt to kill her to get her back, you don't get your loot but it isn't free. If you had something you really wanted or needed, like a ton of blueprints, I would bite the bullet and use a dm when she dies so I can try to get to the next elevator. If you were on a low floor, the coin cost is bearable, but 20+ is when it gets pretty pricey that it takes basically an upgraded bank to even afford.

For those of you guys who have 5* fighters, I found a great farming spot. I guess anyone lower can do it but the reward will be less. YOU NEED A DECENT WEAPON, like Pork Chopper, Motor Psycho, etc. You will be fighting 5 star enemies. Take the elevator to Ikegara, the 1st floor, the first hater is close and go fight it. Then run to Imowaka-Cho, which is right next to the elevator. Now here is a pretty tricky part, there is a hater who is close to the escalator when you get off, but if you walk a little further, there is a chance there is another freaking hater. Luckily haters gonna hate, and you can get them to fight each other. Sometimes you get one hater in the beginning, but I found more often than not I got 2. If you drag the first 1 to the entrance to 1v1 it if you don't want to get into a 3 way match. Each kill should be around 5k coins and 1k splithium because more often than not they are the YMTK guys. Be warned, these are high level weapons that have status effects, they can cause you to be barfing your brains off if you get hit. Luckily you can make them barf if you use those weapons against them.

PS Fuck
U-10
shittiest boss in the game. Spent 3 DM and beat him by using transparagus and guardshrooms.

derFeef

Guys should I look into Killer is Dead until I can play this? I am a fan of Shadows of the Damned (never finished it, though :( ).

Riposte

I'm really bad with remembering to use rage moves, even against the big and scary haters that have caused most of my deaths. I chalk it up to my overly conservative play-style backfiring on me.

Top Bottom