• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey 87

I just finished sequence 13 of AssCreed II. Tell Graham he's wrong and this thing is dumb.

I told him and he said he realised that he was talking about brotherhood not Assassins creed II. oops.

Is this the one that you refused to give my picture to! :mad:

No, this is different friend. That friend is going back to the gym after not going for 6 months. I've convinced him to send me pictures so I can "judge" his form. awwww gullible straight people you have to love them :p

Talking about gullible people, I still can't believe I convinced most of my friends to show me their dick that was a fun night

BeesEight

I don't have time to play games anymore :( Makes me sad, I have a ton of game I'd like to play/finish but I don't think I'll ever see the end of it :( My backlog is immense :( The only times I get to play a game I usually play MH3G anyway.

Thankfully this year has been light on decent releases so my friend and I have been slowly working through our backlog.

Which means we've mostly been playing TF2.

Bailey 87

I'm on an HD frenzy. Last two games I played were MGS2 and MGS3 (soooooo good) and tonight I've started Resi 4. Played for about 1 1/2 hours, and it's still great. I love my shotgun.

I purchased the HD collection in the microsoft sale but still haven't played them. I really should play them, my boyfriend hates that I haven't played MGS3, he keeps telling me it's the best one. I loved MGS1, MGS2 was great when I first played it but the camera annoys me now and I hated MGS4.

Fallout New Vegas. I'm probably going to swing back to Skyrim soon since Game of Thrones has me in a fantasy mood.

I also purchased Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim in the sale. I loved Skyrim (only played it for 60 hours though barely scratched the surface) and still need to play Fallout. BeesEight told me it's a great game but I cannot trust his judgement he plays really shitty games

Ty4on

I also purchased Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim in the sale. I loved Skyrim (only played it for 60 hours though barely scratched the surface) and still need to play Fallout. BeesEight told me it's a great game but I cannot trust his judgement he plays really shitty games

Love Skyrim => Adore Fallout

It's an amazing game and IMO feels much better paced than The Elder Scrolls (only played 4 and 5 >_<) where I just end up running around doing random side missions and staring at my character for some odd reasons.

Menaged

I purchased the HD collection in the microsoft sale but still haven't played them. I really should play them, my boyfriend hates that I haven't played MGS3, he keeps telling me it's the best one. I loved MGS1, MGS2 was great when I first played it but the camera annoys me now and I hated MGS4.

I'm actually kinda doing a MGS marathon. I started MGS 1 around 2 months ago, and I've been going slowly because of uni. Resi 4 is a stop gap berfor MGS4.
You HAVE to play MGS3. It's also amazing in the HD version. I only played the original Snake Eater version up until now, and it's a night and day difference. The 360 degrees camera and 60 fps are taking the game to another level IMO.

I never tried fallout and the likes. Just the thought of a really long game (or am I mistaken) turns me off.

I met the merchant just once so it's still not available.
Of course I'll buy it though. I feel my handgun is so underpowered. Sometimes I need a clip to take someone down.

Ah k. Well thats normal. Once get that Red9 though your handgun will be uber. It just feels like shooting robocop's gun. SO GOOD.

Trigger

lol, BeesEight may play shitty games but he's right in this case.

daripad

Now that I need a new laptop for school, I'm planning to get one that does some hardcore gaming decently. Leaving the console community will be hard, but I feel it will be worth it.
Anything you guys have to warn me about pc gaming before I regret it?

Bailey 87

Love Skyrim => Adore Fallout

It's an amazing game and IMO feels much better paced than The Elder Scrolls (only played 4 and 5 >_<) where I just end up running around doing random side missions and staring at my character for some odd reasons.

lol, BeesEight may play shitty games but he's right in this case.

Well you both have convinced me to play it after I complete Red Dead.

Said no one ever.

iqg9pprc2pN6V.gif

RM8

I wouldn't buy a gaming laptop either, I think. If anything I might buy an actual desktop gaming PC, even if my current one has been fine for all the games I want to play. This is currently my second most active gaming device, lol:

8Kls86U.jpg

Bash away, but it runs everything I've bought just fine :p Since I'm too lazy to "build" a gaming PC I'd probably buy an Alienware or something.

Ty4on

The X51 is great for people who want a small, affordable gaming PC.

But it isn't water cooler and built from solid, anodized aluminium like mine :p
It's "water cooler" ATM -_-

RM8

^ That's exactly the one I was planning to buy :p Lol, it costs just as much as my HP did a couple of years ago.

RM8

If PC was sure to get all the fighters I'd probably consider skipping PS4, no joke. My PS3 has been collecting dust for a while since I started playing more on my PC.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Now that I need a new laptop for school, I'm planning to get one that does some hardcore gaming decently. Leaving the console community will be hard, but I feel it will be worth it.
Anything you guys have to warn me about pc gaming before I regret it?
I'm thinking of buying a gaming laptop too. I've been looking at the Lenovo y500 series

Ty4on

If PC was sure to get all the fighters I'd probably consider skipping PS4, no joke. My PS3 has been collecting dust for a while since I started playing more on my PC.

And you don't need to rely on the game developers as much to get it running at 60FPS. You could play at 120 (!) FPS which many gaffers now can't go back from.

I know your feeling. I'm super excited for the PS4, but I don't feel like putting money down for it unless there are some killer games for it. My Xbox is in the closet (heh) and Live hasn't been renewed for years I think. GT6(7) really is the only game making me think about the PS4.

GothPunk

So gaf what game/s are you guys/girls currently playing?
I've been storming through my backlog lately. I've finished Bioshock Infinite, Thomas Was Alone, Guacamelee, Persona 4 Golden and NFS:MW. Now I'm getting hooked on SOUL SACRIFICE and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I still need to finish God of War Ascension, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed III, Disgaea III Vita, Dark Souls, Fallout New Vegas... the list goes on, and on. BeesEight is trying to get me into Dota 2. But, I dunno... :p

At least I've been sticking to my goal of only buying a new game when I've finished at least one old one. You guys have reminded me that I bought Resi 4 HD the week it came out and have yet to play more than 20 minutes of it. Then again, I did have that whole thesis thing to deal with back then. :p

Yes I realise that you know what I've been playing but the thread doesn't. :p

daripad

I wouldn't buy a gaming laptop either, I think. If anything I might buy an actual desktop gaming PC, even if my current one has been fine for all the games I want to play. This is currently my second most active gaming device, lol:
Bash away, but it runs everything I've bought just fine :p Since I'm too lazy to "build" a gaming PC I'd probably buy an Alienware or something.

Generally I feel like a gaming laptop is a wasteful purchase. :/ Your battery will cry.

The problem here is that I need a laptop :p And I better do that move just to try the pc gaming stuff that I've been missing for years. Consider that I'll heavily use it at school, so a desktop is not even an option for me.
I'm still undecided to do it though, but it is really tempting

I'm thinking of buying a gaming laptop too. I've been looking at the Lenovo y500 series

I'm in the same situation. That shit is tempting

Ty4on

Portable?
350x700px-LL-730edc88_PA01_FT03.jpeg

Got that bag from Amazon because it isn't sold here. Shipping was 44, bag was 42 :p
Screen is the bottleneck though. Smallest decent screen I could find was 23 inches so it just barely fits inside a pretty big suitcase. Just portable enough for me to take it on the bus to a friend!

The problem here is that I need a laptop :p And I better do that move just to try the pc gaming stuff that I've been missing for years. Consider that I'll heavily use it at school, so a desktop is not even an option for me.
I'm still undecided to do it though, but it is really tempting
You can probably get a netbook and a pretty decent gaming desktop for the price of a similarly comparable gaming laptop. I'd recommend a refurbished MacBook Air if that's an option. :p

I, too, was tempted to get a beefy gaming laptop in the past, but I was deterred from going through with it after some research, comparing prices and practicality, and seeing my friend's Alienware.

GothPunk

About 40h into Xenoblade so far, and I only started it earlier this week. It's addictive!
Damnit, there's another game I got at launch and still need to get back to. It's so good too! I wish it looked as good as that on my TV. Playing on Wii with a component cable can only accomplish so much.

daripad

Wouldn't it be cheaper/easier to build a gaming laptop with PC-GAF's input?

You can probably get a netbook and a pretty decent gaming desktop for the price of a similarly comparable gaming laptop. I'd recommend a refurbished MacBook Air if that's an option. :p

I, too, was tempted to get a beefy gaming laptop in the past, but I was deterred from going through with it after some research, comparing prices and practicality, and seeing my friend's Alienware.

Since my gaming preferences don't really require a muscly PC I'd consider something like this because of portability:

Dammit guys, now I don't want to get into pc gaming. Thanks really ¬¬

So gaf what game/s are you guys/girls currently playing?

Tetris and Mario Kart 7. Those games are so fun and awesome when the hardest part of the semester is coming, because you can play them in short bursts of time.

Im playing games on my amazing Windows 8 PC. Win 8 FTW guys.
Is there any discernible performance boost? I have the option to update for free through my university, but I'm kind of wary (and mainly lazy).
Dammit guys, now I don't want to get into pc gaming. Thanks really ¬¬
There might be a slightly higher barrier of entry, but once you're in...dios mío. You'll never want to go back.

RM8

I'm in love with this 3DS card case I bought. I really can't believe I never bought one before! I don't think I'll need more than 12 games at any given time, so I didn't buy a bigger one.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I had somebody tell me I had bad taste in games because I enjoyed Red Dead, Don't worry gaf I ended the friendship.

You don't have bad taste in games because you like Red Dead. You have bad taste for liking GTA IV.
:p

Talking about gullible people, I still can't believe I convinced most of my friends to show me their dick that was a fun night

Were they all on par with what you imagined them to be?

Alrus

So the x51 is a good PC to buy if I don't have much time/am too lazy to build a desktop myself? I'll be on the market for a new PC in a few months, my laptop is dying on me and I don't think I'll invest in a new one right now. Might as well buy a good desktop and a cheap netbook for university purposes.

Orrichio

8Kls86U.jpg

That looks really cool!

Alrus

I'm currently playing Okami HD. Just starting though I like it so far. it's a beautiful game that's for sure

That and the charming characters are the only thing the game got for itself. The rest is a bloated mess. I still enjoyed it but I'm a sucker for Zelda-like games.

Speaking of Zelda I just realized the oracle games are coming out right in the middle of my exams, it's going to be hard to resist buying and playing them :(

What age does the gay death occur at?

Also how the fuck do I meet gay people? My college campus has a LGBT club but all of their shit falls during other club activities or during school labs.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What age does the gay death occur at?

Also how the fuck do I meet gay people? My college campus has a LGBT club but all of their shit falls during other club activities or during school labs.

Day death is 30.

Fisting clubs.

That and the charming characters are the only thing the game got for itself. The rest is a bloated mess. I still enjoyed it but I'm a sucker for Zelda-like games.

Speaking of Zelda I just realized the oracle games are coming out right in the middle of my exams, it's going to be hard to resist buying and playing them :(

Okami is the best 3D Zelda game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom