• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusRJR

I'm lazy and I just buy pre-cooked shredded chicken. Ready to be placed between two slices of bread or a tortilla.

I luvz chicken sandwiches <3 I had one for supper today.
Holy shit that looks delicious. *drools*

I accidentally bought original crispy minis (rice cakes) instead of white cheddar flavor. They're so narsty. Does anyone know any way to make them taste better (eg, add jam, make a sandwich with them, etc)? I'd hate to have to toss them out, but it's like eating cardboard.

I accidentally bought original crispy minis (rice cakes) instead of white cheddar flavor. They're so narsty. Does anyone know any way to make them taste better (eg, add jam, make a sandwich with them, etc)? I'd hate to have to toss them out, but it's like eating cardboard.
Some light butter and some cheese, perhaps? Or cold cuts.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
1. Sexy

2. Can cook

3. Not crazy

Pick two.

I'm 2 and 3... And I bake professionally.

You guys should be looking for boyfriends in the irongaf thread, tbh ;)
So this is what I'm undertaking tonight:

tumblr_mmjn15EIGp1qjbrwqo1_1280.jpg

To my dismay (and possibly yours!) there was literally no opportunity to take any pictures of the end results since I was serving everything in courses while continuing to cook the next thing in line, but this was absolutely one of the best meals I've ever made or eaten. Everything I bought save for the wine was locally caught/grown/produced and crazy fresh; surprisingly affordable too.

First course was steamed mussels in white wine, butter, smoked paprika, turmeric, horseradish, and dijon, with chunks of bread and mashed roasted garlic.

Next up was grilled octopus, which I simmered first in a bit of water, vinegar, peppercorns, and lemon for about an hour before grilling; saved the liquid for reduction into a great little sauce. Finished the octopus with a toss in some parsley, marjoram, olive oil, and lemon zest on a bit of baby spinach.

Last thing was a whole roasted rockfish stuffed with lemon and rosemary, rubbed with olive oil. 15 minutes at 450, this thing only needed minimal embellishment... Really fantastic. Served it with slow roasted cippolini onions, fresh porcini mushrooms (so fat and fluffy!), and purple asparagus.

beje

Banned
Ugh, my cooking rarely looks appetizing (except sponge cakes, they look and taste godly) but it's rather good. Anyway, even though I've been cooking for myself for almost 4 years already I still do beginner mistakes from time to time like adding too much thai curry paste to the stew or miscalculating the amount of pasta.

Edit: also, I cannot understand how can somebody screw up an omelette, it's an alien concept to me.

Lol, this guy I'm talking to is so stupid, he is the typical caveman, a macho man with the thinking that he should work and his partner should be home to cook and clean for him.
We said we should be honest with each other if other people hit on us, so I told him my friend tried to set me up with a guy and that he called me. I didn't put much thought into it, but he did.
So yesterday he texted me saying I'm a whore and that I should sleep with that guy instead.

Lol, calling me a whore, me who can count the people I've slept with one ONE hand, while he has been with like 40 people.

Anyway, he texted me at 2:30 last night saying "I can't sleep, I'm sorry about what I said earlier. :/"

So yeah, moron.

beje

Banned
Lol, this guy I'm talking to is so stupid, he is the typical caveman, a macho man with the thinking that he should work and his partner should be home to cook and clean for him.
We said we should be honest with each other if other people hit on us, so I told him my friend tried to set me up with a guy and that he called me. I didn't put much thought into it, but he did.
So yesterday he texted me saying I'm a whore and that I should sleep with that guy instead.

Lol, calling me a whore, me who can count the people I've slept with one ONE hand, while he has been with like 40 people.

Anyway, he texted me at 2:30 last night saying "I can't sleep, I'm sorry about what I said earlier. :/"

So yeah, moron.

Those kind of texts are always best answered with a "go fuck yourself".

Those kind of texts are always best answered with a "go fuck yourself".
I'm usually not that aggressive, so I choose to ignore him now instead.

Considering he hates people who has had too many partners and sleeps around, he should be happy to get someone like me, not the other way around.

Alrus

I'm usually not that aggressive, so I choose to ignore him now instead.

Considering he hates people who has had too many partners and sleeps around, he should be happy to get someone like me, not the other way around.

Guy sounds like a jealous nutjob, I wouldn't pursue a relationship if he reacts this badly to such a harmless thing...

beje

Banned
Guy sounds like a jealous nutjob, I wouldn't pursue a relationship if he reacts this badly to such a harmless thing...

Yep, just going by the stuff mentioned in the post there are more than enough reasons to run away and not look back. Today he's calling you offensive names with no reason ("whore") followed by a not-really-sincere apology. Tomorrow we might have a case of domestic violence.

He has already called me a whore, my sister a whore and my friends are all cunts and whores, without even met anyone of them, so yeah, he's not sane.

And the icing on the cake, he said he loved me before eving meeting me once.

beje

Banned
He has already called me a whore, my sister a whore and my friends are all cunts and whores, without even met anyone of them, so yeah, he's not sane.

And the icing on the cake, he said he loved me before eving meeting me once.

Want serious advice? Block in all social networks, delete his phone number and warn everyone that might have come in contact with him to stay the fuck away. Sounds like your typical psycho.

Want serious advice? Block in all social networks, delete his phone number and warn everyone that might have come in contact with him to stay the fuck away. Sounds like your typical psycho.

Yeah, I should probably do that. He says I'm gonna come crawling back every time we fight since everybody always does that, since everyone wants him. He is so full of himself, it drives me crazy.

Replicant

So yeah, moron.

Is this the same guy you mentioned a few weeks ago? If so, ditch him. If not, still ditch him but you need to be more selective in your future target.

Bailey 87

You don't have bad taste in games because you like Red Dead. You have bad taste for liking GTA IV.
:p

GTA IV is awesome. Highest rated game this gen
which it deserves
and still in the top 10 xbox live activity 5 years after release. GTA V will take back the best selling game ever!!1 title from cod this September. The king is back.

Were they all on par with what you imagined them to be?

Of course, you think I would allow little dicks to even have a conversation with me.

Alcoori

I'm 2 and 3... And I bake professionally.

You guys should be looking for boyfriends in the irongaf thread, tbh ;)

Thank you Cosmic for illustrating what cooking means. Grilling chicken breasts on the grill is not what I'd call cooking. It's not that it's not good, but it doesn't involve doing anything except putting some piece of meat on a surface and waiting. There's no prep, there's no skill involved.

Yeah, I should probably do that. He says I'm gonna come crawling back every time we fight since everybody always does that, since everyone wants him. He is so full of himself, it drives me crazy.

Why are you STILL talking to him?

Yeah, it's the same guy, I dunno why I'm still talking to him, I guess his sweet moments were so great that I overlooked his horrible traits, which is many. :/ This time I have had enough, though.

nickcv

Yeah, it's the same guy, I dunno why I'm still talking to him, I guess his sweet moments were so great that I overlooked his horrible traits, which is many. :/ This time I have had enough, though.

it's the guy you rejected the first time and then came back to you and told you that you should be thankful that he's giving you another chance?

you should've dumped him weeks ago!

RM8

I don't know about his other "horrible traits", but the whore text would be an instant deal breaker for me. Screw people like him. You're doing it wrong since he's still in your life.

Alcoori

Allow me to scoff at that post. You've already said that, yet you're back talking to him.

Respect and love yourself and drop his ass. There will be other people who will show interest in you and won't be emotionally manipulative and abusive. Break the circle, be your own man.

Who's your favorite gay person?

220px-Johanna_sigurdardottir_official_portrait.jpg

Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir, because she's prime minister of Iceland which is the best country on Earth. She leaves office today, unfortunately.. She's the first openly-gay head of state (who I can think of) since the Roman emperor Hadrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom