• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basch

Persona 4: The Golden put an end to my anticipation of the next wave of games. I'm on cloud nine every time I start up the game. Best gaming experience I've ever had. My brother thinks I'm crazy for devoting so much time to it when I've already played the vanilla version, but that only tells me that he's obviously never played P4 before. P4:G is like delicious custard frosting on rich red velvet cake slightly moistened to give that extra bit of taste. It makes you both excited and depressed all at the same time, knowing that hardly any games will ever match it. Not even That Last of Us or GTA V could shake me from this dream.

I hope SMT IV will do much the same, but I doubt it. I have my fingers crossed though, for that and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

mantidor

I can't believe in this day and age people can die of apendicitis in a developed country like Japan, is the most basic and important of procedures I think I'm the only one in my family who hasn't got it.

Alrus

I can't believe in this day and age people can die of apendicitis in a developed country like Japan, is the most basic and important of procedures I think I'm the only one in my family who hasn't got it.

Well acute appendicitis can still be a pretty serious condition in developed countries (it can be pretty sudden and there's not much you can do after a certain point). There's no need to go through an appendicectomy if it's not necessary, it's a pretty basic surgery but it still carries some risk (not matter how minor).

Sad story though.

T.O.P

Banned
fuck this world, was watching an interview about him and his bf last night from Vice, they looked so fuckin happy, fuck

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
SnBzyxX.png

So there's this cute guy who added me on instagram like a month or so ago. I think he's friends with some people I know. He had been liking plenty of my pics. I liked a couple of his maybe. Today he posted a shirtless bathroom selfie (with the text "this will only happen once"). And well, he's totally hot. So after debating with myself for a bit (because it would probably read as: YOU'RE HOT, I WANT YOU!) I liked the pic. Because well, he's hot and I want him :p

He went and like an old picture of me. So after a while I went on instachat and wrote him "that last picture was kinda hot ♥". Bastard hasn't answered a word to me :'(

(I know this is very random but it's a bit of a big deal to me, I tend not to be very forward)

H1iEE02.gif

In terms of "minor" games, I'm hopeful for the upcoming Wave Race
clone
for 3DS :D

Oh wow... that would be amazing. Wave Race 64 was soooo good.

I have no hype for GTA5 after GTA4 was disappointing. I didn't even buy Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony 4 was that disappointing.

Me either. GTA4 was such a buzzkill that I refused to pay or play those expansions. HOWEVER. The GTA5 trailer seems to promise me what I was missing... planes, tanks, FUN THINGS TO DO. Vice City and San Andreas level of fun.

GTA V, Arkham Origins and Lords of Shadow 2. My perfect trifecta.

GTA5. Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2.
I think thats it!

thumbs-up.gif

And RIP to that guy. Didn't know who he is, but still pretty tragic especially since its appendicitis. That thing is a ticking time bomb.

Basch

So there's this cute guy who added me on instagram like a month or so ago. I think he's friends with some people I know. He had been liking plenty of my pics. I liked a couple of his maybe. Today he posted a shirtless bathroom selfie (with the text "this will only happen once"). And well, he's totally hot. So after debating with myself for a bit (because it would probably read as: YOU'RE HOT, I WANT YOU!) I liked the pic. Because well, he's hot and I want him :p

He went and like an old picture of me. So after a while I went on instachat and wrote him "that last picture was kinda hot ♥". Bastard hasn't answered a word to me :'(

(I know this is very random but it's a bit of a big deal to me, I tend not to be very forward)

Sad. :'(

I would've done the same. Maybe it is just a case of mixed signals. Must suck, but don't let it get you down. At least you tried. : )

Reminds me of when I started getting all sorts of signals from my teacher, but I wasn't attracted to him so I sent all sorts of signals back that I wasn't. He got the picture eventually. It's hard to confess that you're not attracted to someone who is attracted to you because you can just imagine how terrible it would be if you were on the receiving end. In your case though, I would have at least wrote back and congratulated you on trying.

LOS2 I'm kind of iffy on. It's not the gameplay. I couldn't care less if it's a GOW like game. It' the story. It's following the same dumb tropes that IGAvania did i.e. Dracula is someone other than Vlad Tsepes. Why can't it just be a Belmont up against dracula and his minions?

I would've done the same. Maybe it is just a case of mixed signals. Must suck, but don't let it get you down. At least you tried. : )

Reminds me of when I started getting all sorts of signals from my teacher, but I wasn't attracted to him so I sent all sorts of signals back that I wasn't. He got the picture eventually. It's hard to confess that you're not attracted to someone who is attracted to you because you can just imagine how terrible it would be if you were on the receiving end. In your case though, I would have at least wrote back and congratulated you on trying.

I hope that wasn't too awkward for you. High School (sure hope not) or College?

And was he the young teacher or the older creepy kind...

Basch

I hope that wasn't too awkward for you. High School (sure hope not) or College?

And was he the young teacher or the older creepy kind...

High School, sadly. lol And he was an older teacher but not THAT old. Around 30-35, I think. It was creepy though. I was 17/18, but he kept trying for 2+ years. I just didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't interested, especially since I was the first one he came out of the closet to... and he worked at a catholic school (he even considered joining a seminary at one point). It was definitely a little too much for me to handle at the time. :D

RM8

I'm open-minded about LoS and it wasn't a bad game by any means. But F_CK I hate QTEs and they're game-ruining for me :mad: I swear I have incredibly low tolerance for them, especially in boss battles. UGH, go away crappy modern game mechanic. As such I'm not itching to play LoS2 :(

bsej87

I'm open-minded about LoS and it wasn't a bad game by any means. But F_CK I hate QTEs and they're game-ruining for me :mad: I swear I have incredibly low tolerance for them, especially in boss battles. UGH, go away crappy modern game mechanic. As such I'm not itching to play LoS2 :(

The new Tomb Raider made me hate it almost instantly by having way too many QTE's in the beginning. It also had what I consider the worst kind of QTE which is "quickly flick the stick left and right!" which just feels like an awkward motion compared to just jamming A or something.

High School, sadly. lol And he was an older teacher but not THAT old. Around 30-35, I think. It was creepy though. I was 17/18, but he kept trying for 2+ years. I just didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't interested, especially since I was the first one he came out of the closet to... and he worked at a catholic school (he even considered joining a seminary at one point). It was definitely a little too much for me to handle at the time. :D

Oh... wow. That is really really awkward. And a catholic school none the less. Well at least you took it well, and didn't destroy his well being. And he knew you were gay?

Yeah QTEs suck balls.

I honestly blame RE4 for bringing them into the limelight big time.

I meant instamessage btw. I haven't really used that before (though I got about 4 random guys saying hi or something, which I ignored) but there might be a chance he didn't get the message. Is it possible he eventually uninstalled it but still shows up in my contacts? :(

I'm trying not to act like a weirdo :p

Crayons

Banned

Ugh, I can't stand when this happens. Mixed signals are the worst.

Last year I met a guy and he started doing everything to make me think he liked me. He held my hand, rested his head on my shoulder, grabbed my ass, said "You're cute enough to be my girlfriend", made me feel his abs, talked to me a lot. Asked to add me on Facebook so we can chat. I said something (can't remember) and then he went crazy spamming I'M NOT GAY WTF WTF. Went into panic mode and was just like "Dude, I was kidding. Relax."

He continued to show affection to me even after that.

Dany

Banned
I want to see baz luhrmann try to make an adaption for Great Expectations. :D

I mean honestly, I don't see a director capable of making that monstrosity of a 'book' to something entertaining.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Gay man shot dead in Village after gunman shouted homophobic slurs: authorities

The 32-year-old Brooklyn victim, whose name has not been released, was walking with a pal on Sixth Avenue near West Eighth Street about midnight when they were approached by three Hispanic males, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

One man snarled homophobic slurs at the men and asked them if they were “gay wrestlers,” Kelly said.

The men continued moving and made a right onto West Eighth Street.

One of the Hispanic men left and the other two continued to follow the victim and another man.

Both the victim and another man with him were wearing tank tops, cutoff shorts and boots.

“Do you want to die here?” the shooter asked the victim.

He pulled out a .38-caliber revolver and shot him once in the cheek.

“It was a quickie. He shot him and he went straight to the ground,” said a bouncer at a nearby club. “Half his body was lying on the sidewalk and half was on the street.”

The man died shortly after at Beth Israel Hospital.

Terrible.

Bladenic

I'm actually pretty sad about it. He made some really great movies. He was also just an amazing guy and was doing a lot for gay rights in Japan. Really sad. My heart goes out to his bf.

Curious, what's Japan like in terms of homosexual (and any other orientation other than straight) acceptance, rights, etc.?

Also I liked Gatsby. I love the book though, but I don't like any of the director's other movies. I thought it was perfectly cast other than shitty ass Maguire, who's practically the original Kristen Stewart (little to no talent, not even that attractive, boring as hell, etc.).

RM8

It's rather taboo in Japan. Kind of out of character for such a developed country, really. But on the other hand there's no religious hate involved, so yeah.

Kangi

Curious, what's Japan like in terms of homosexual (and any other orientation other than straight) acceptance, rights, etc.?

I'll quote someone from gaming side here. This quote can actually sum up Japan on a lot of issues.

"They're okay with it so long as it amuses them."

Hence the outrageous stereotypes that Japan loves to put forward in games and so forth. But when considering it seriously, they're not very gay-friendly as far as developed countries go, as Rm88 said.

Dany

Banned
I remember there was a guy who posted here or in the other thread about being a relationship while in japan. Just all the loops and hoops they had to go through just to et up a dinner date. :/

RM8

Is it weird that none of that makes me -not- want to live in Japan? :p It's not like I currently live in San Francisco anyway.

They're not very anything friendly to be honest. They view other asian nations as inferior, still see women as objects, and their views on other races is laughable.

Japan is still very much mired in "traditional" pre-WWII thinking when it comes to social advances.

daripad

Straight dudes that do this should go fuck themselves.
I agree.

One of my best frienda does that to me. I don't know if I'm paranoic or I haven't paid much attention but he only does these things to me, not to the rest of my friends.
I know that he is straight. He has a long distance relationship with his girl but they keep in contact through everyday (just messaging). He talks about girls though not much. He even said once that he was shocked when he saw a gay couple kissing although he respects gay people (I haven't come out to anyone.
I don't know if he does these things because he trusts me or thinks I'm a good friend. I'm kind of confused about his messages he sends through those actions.
He sometimes would put his hand on my thigh or one of my shoulders and even rub my shoulder softly. Sometimes is on my back, not trying to shove me but to just rest his hand on it (?). He said once "te quiero" before we had a two week vacation, and it was kind of awkward because here among friends we don't say those things. Hell, he once even said that I was a sort of good looking because my eyes are very expressive.
Sometimes I wish he was gay, he would make a good boyfriend. He is a very relaxed person while being very responsible. He is not handsome nor good looking but he is a bit hairy and a bit fat but not by much. He is an inch taller than me too. Sometimes I think that he does that because of our height differences, but my other friends are kore shorter than me so he would have to do that more often woth them.
I don't know what to think and I don't want to come out to him because I don't want this to lead to an awkward situation because I'm not really sure about his position.
Oh well, I would have to stand it more time and see what happens.

KiN0

Straight dudes that do this should go fuck themselves.

This reminds me of guy I met in high school. He'd hug me a lot and always seemed happy to see me but I honestly never put much thought into it. It wasn't until he started telling me that I was his favorite person in the world and that he would never get tired of hearing my voice that I thought me might have a thing for me. Unfortunately I was never brave enough to find out and I always felt like I missed out on a wonderful relationship. The worst part is that we ended up going to the same university and I even see him from time to time in between classes. I would try to bring it up again but I feel like I missed my chance and now I end up avoiding him because I feel too awkward to say anything.

This reminds me of guy I met in high school. He'd hug me a lot and always seemed happy to see me but I honestly never put much thought into it. It wasn't until he started telling me that I was his favorite person in the world and that he would never get tired of hearing my voice that I thought me might have a thing for me. Unfortunately I was never brave enough to find out and I always felt like I missed out on a wonderful relationship. The worst part is that we ended up going to the same university and I even see him from time to time in between classes. I would try to bring it up again but I feel like I missed my chance and now I end up avoiding him because I feel too awkward to say anything.
You should just say hi, maybe he would be happy to see you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom