• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Off-topic community?

3a03Ezh.gif

Edit 2: Ok, Kun is for Ty and Dany is for me :p

i'm okay with this
AUtXJPU.gif
AUtXJPU.gif
AUtXJPU.gif
AUtXJPU.gif
AUtXJPU.gif

edit hahahahah best first page post

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
NeoGAF stop trying to make the Community section happen. It's not going to happen.

Seriously. So now instead of people seeing assorted and varied topics full of discussion, the OT is going to be exclusively reddit reposts, threads with nothing but a youtube link as the OP, and posts attempting to vindicate their own weird/gross/insane behaviors while 200 people reply with "lol wat."

"Insular" topics are discouraged, but by sweeping every consistently active topic away like this, it just makes thing MORE insular. There were so many duplicate or redundant threads being made as it was, and it'll be even worse now with a big push on always having FRESH! NEW! OT! so no one ever sees the same topic more than once. What an asinine decision.

:/ Not a fan of this but oh well.

Now we'll never get new people. Do Community threads even stay active?

NeoGAF stop trying to make the Community section happen. It's not going to happen.

Seriously. So now instead of people seeing assorted and varied topics full of discussion, the OT is going to be exclusively reddit reposts, threads with nothing but a youtube link as the OP, and posts attempting to vindicate their own weird/gross/insane behaviors while 200 people reply with "lol wat."

"Insular" topics are discouraged, but by sweeping every consistently active topic away like this, it just makes thing MORE insular. There were so many duplicate or redundant threads being made as it was, and it'll be even worse now with a big push on always having FRESH! NEW! OT! so no one ever sees the same topic more than once. What an asinine decision.

Sign me up as an anti-community person. This is not going to liven up Community section, it's just going to kill more threads.

For some reason, Evilore keeps pushing to move more into community not seeing what a failure the section was.

Kangi

How about this.

Merge the community and normal forums back together, and implement a system that can have certain threads flagged as "community threads". Put a browsing option in where you can hide community threads on the main page, disabled by default.

That way people who want "fresh content" (read: reddit reposts and pointless musings) can avoid being bothered by constantly-bumped megathreads, community threads aren't forced to die a slow death by being shoved aside and being denied traffic from anyone but those who already post in it, and new users who may find the megathreads useful don't have to go to a completely seperate forum.

Or you can just give people the ability to hide threads they don't want to see.

Oh I missed this >.> Oh well, I still don't think moving this thread to a subforum is a good idea. It didn't happen before despite other megathread being moved, I don't see why they suddenly changed their policy (unless someone complained I guess).

A new member won't really think of checking community, I guess we won't see many new faces now.

Well.. this thread belongs here BUT I still can't shake the feeling we're being moved to the back of the bus.

Well.. this thread belongs here BUT I still can't shake the feeling we're being moved to the back of the bus.

It's not really about that though. It's about Evilore wanting Community to not suck as much as it does and so he moved more threads there thinking that people will follow neverminding the fact that that was tried the first time when they created Community and was a total failure. The current problem with Community is that only major posters of any given thread will continue to post in said thread while new posters (i.e. Juniors and those maybe more shy/lurkers) tend to stay OT side. Moving these threads here won't solve that problem, it will only add to the original problem and you'll end up with more dead threads.

MarkusRJR

I thought this thread died when I couldn't find it on the first few pages. :eek:

Community? Might as well give a preemptive RIP. I understand why it's in OTC, but it'll reduce the frequency of posts in the thread. :(

GothPunk

I'm subscribed to the thread so I didn't even notice the move to Community until you guys pointed it out, haha. I too would wonder if new members will even know that this thread exists.

Straight as well. I listen to stuff like opeth, dream theatre, savatage and orphand land. On top of that I also love European football!
Blackwater Park is one of the best albums ever. I love black metal so much. It always makes me think of forests and landscapes for some reason.

I love that everyone here seems to have such varied tastes in music. My favourite bands/artists are stuff like Placebo, Dir en Grey, AFI, Rammstein, Queens of the Stone Age, At The Drive-In/The Mars Volta, Frank Ocean, Marina and the Diamonds, A Perfect Circle, Muse, H.I.M., Rufus Wainwright, Gackt, If These Trees Could Talk, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Opeth. I also love some Lady Gaga, Patrick Wolf, Two Door Cinema Club and 30 Seconds to Mars, but their albums have a few dud songs imo. I also love classical music, like Chopin, Vivaldi and video game soundtracks. I've been getting into some of the stuff my boyfriend likes too, like Damien Marley and Dr. Dre, so my tastes are expanding even more. I think I'm open to almost everything. :p

For me, I like to share at least some music with my boyfriend, but more so I think that I like being with someone who enjoys music a lot. Hearing someone say 'Could you turn that off' would just kill my love boner for them. I like that Ricky and I both love music and introduce each other to new types of music all the time.

I love singing too so I guess I'm lucky that he likes me singing all the time, haha. I even sing when I'm working in the lab. I guess music and singing just makes like so much more enjoyable.

FYC

Banned
Going through LGBT rights on Wikipedia, I'm sort of baffled by certain places that outlaw sex between two men, but allow it between two women.

Hsd9S7u.png

Wha...?

MarkusRJR

Going through LGBT rights on Wikipedia, I'm sort of baffled by certain places that outlaw sex between two men, but allow it between two women.

Hsd9S7u.png

Wha...?
Straight men find two girls having sex hot. Straight men find two guys having sex gross. Men tend to be in control of those anti-gay countries. Most men are straight. Therefore, they make rules against two men having sex unless public opinion supports sex between two men (or are supportive of LBGT rights, which'd be rare in those locations).

Not even going to get into the whole religious bullshit that decides the laws of so many places.

Mumei

It's not really about that though. It's about Evilore wanting Community to not suck as much as it does and so he moved more threads there thinking that people will follow neverminding the fact that that was tried the first time when they created Community and was a total failure. The current problem with Community is that only major posters of any given thread will continue to post in said thread while new posters (i.e. Juniors and those maybe more shy/lurkers) tend to stay OT side. Moving these threads here won't solve that problem, it will only add to the original problem and you'll end up with more dead threads.

I've seen a few people speculate that this is the reason that the threads were moved, and honestly it never entered into the discussion. It also wasn't just EviLore; it was discussed amongst all of the interested moderators, as well. Our concern was more with the fact that the front page was being dominated by certain large community topics - often as nearly half the topics on the first two pages - which made it more difficult for new topics to gain traction and discouraged posters from posting new topics for news that would be of general interest outside of the large discussion threads.

And there were also a few other things (moderation issues, consistency issues, etc.), but "making Community not suck" wasn't one of them.

I'm married, but think I might be bi-sexual, oh dear!

Ain't nothing wrong with that. I guess it really depends on your relationship with your partner, but my partner and I have a lot of fun checking out ladies/ comparing types etc. I'm perfectly content to stay with him and never be with a lady, but the attraction is still there :p Think if it as another thing you can share.

Vortex566

Ain't nothing wrong with that. I guess it really depends on your relationship with your partner, but my partner and I have a lot of fun checking out ladies/ comparing types etc. I'm perfectly content to stay with him and never be with a lady, but the attraction is still there :p Think if it as another thing you can share.

Excellent advice!

Hige

Hey guys, just dropping in to ask a really dumb question, but I have to get it off my back.

Is it in poor taste, or just stupid to confirm "I'm not gay or anything but..." in a professional environment while talking to your co-workers while they happen to be gay?

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you said, but you could always consider framing things in the affirmative. So instead of "I'm not gay, but..." you could say, "I'm straight, but...". It might suit the context better in some cases. It focuses on what you are instead of what you are not, but I guess that still doesn't really solve your concern about whether it's appropriate period. Either way, I don't think it's a big deal since your intent wasn't malicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom