• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hsd9S7u.png
*giggles*
dat superscript

mantidor

Straight men find two girls having sex hot. Straight men find two guys having sex gross. Men tend to be in control of those anti-gay countries. Most men are straight. Therefore, they make rules against two men having sex unless public opinion supports sex between two men (or are supportive of LBGT rights, which'd be rare in those locations).

Not even going to get into the whole religious bullshit that decides the laws of so many places.

No idea about Tonga specifically but I don't think that is the reason, usually lesbianism is consider legal in these cases because of a loophole in the law (usually there's no specific mention of women having sex with other women), not because they openly admit lesbians are hot. Some of these countries are extremely sexist to the point even when limiting rights women are considered second class citizens, to the point that even when they are making laws women are barely considered, and if they are is almost exclusively about their duties as wives.

If you think about it the Bible is pretty much the same, it never even hints at lesbianism anywhere, all it talks about is man lying with another man, so if we were to follow our lives by that book, lesbianism would be ok. That doesn't mean the Bible isn't sexist though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you said, but you could always consider framing things in the affirmative. So instead of "I'm not gay, but..." you could say, "I'm straight, but...". It might suit the context better in some cases. It focuses on what you are instead of what you are not, but I guess that still doesn't really solve your concern about whether it's appropriate period. Either way, I don't think it's a big deal since your intent wasn't malicious.

It doesn't seem malicious but at the same time it still feels like there's a fear of being associated with being gay, which kind of irks me regardless of context. Why not just drop all the labels? If a dude is hot a dude is hot.

Dany

Banned
It doesn't seem malicious but at the same time it still feels like there's a fear of being associated with being gay, which kind of irks me regardless of context. Why not just drop all the labels? If a dude is hot a dude is hot.

He wants us to ease his conscious, for whatever reason.

RM8

Would it also be in poor taste to say "man, I'm gay but that girl is hot!"? I'm just not seeing it. I don't see how it's any wrong, but that's just me.

bsej87

I could see how it would be interpreted as "I'm only establishing this qualifier because being gay is a negative thing" but it wouldn't bother me personally unless it was used in a clearly derogatory fashion, etc.

CDX

Oh, so this is where this thread went to

Off Topic - Community

AKA the subforum on NeoGAF I never really check. I should've probably already been subscribed to this thread so I wouldn't have been like "where did it go?"

Delio

Ugh having a crush on this guy from the UK. It sucks cause I dont do long distance anymore but he's pretty open to me. Last relationship really burned me lol

BeesEight

I've seen a few people speculate that this is the reason that the threads were moved, and honestly it never entered into the discussion. It also wasn't just EviLore; it was discussed amongst all of the interested moderators, as well. Our concern was more with the fact that the front page was being dominated by certain large community topics - often as nearly half the topics on the first two pages - which made it more difficult for new topics to gain traction and discouraged posters from posting new topics for news that would be of general interest outside of the large discussion threads.

And there were also a few other things (moderation issues, consistency issues, etc.), but "making Community not suck" wasn't one of them.

Mumei confirming thread assassination. Gaf moderators hate us!

:p

Would it also be in poor taste to say "man, I'm gay but that girl is hot!"? I'm just not seeing it. I don't see how it's any wrong, but that's just me.

I don't know, I've always felt that's a little weird too. It's not like gay men are blind to women either. I don't take offence to it. It just seems like unnecessary information.

But people reaffirming their sexuality is pretty common so *shrug.*

I'm subscribed to the thread so I didn't even notice the move to Community until you guys pointed it out, haha. I too would wonder if new members will even know that this thread exists.

Why won't you return my calls? :<

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
The only reason I check this thread is because I subscribe to it. I don't really remember it being on the front page that often.

daripad

Guys, let's talk about something else, we have to move this thread forward.

Why don't we talk about girls? That would be interesting

Ty4on

I need to be quicker to make a post. I blame my first bike trip this year where I felt this strange feeling I haven't felt in a long time. I think it's called exhaustion.

wtf where do you live, Ty? :( :( :(

edit: weather sucks here in chicago as of late. It was a gorgeous 90 degress (32 for the celsius folks), and today it's been around 45 (7 celsius!) :( uuugghhhh
I understand fahrenheit and feet somewhat and understand miles pretty well. It's still strange when I watch Mythbusters and something is 300 degrees hot and I think "Wow that's, oh wait it's sort of hot..."

Anyway I live in Tromsø which is in the north of Norway. Half Norwegian and Danish, but have lived all my life up here. I lived near a much smaller town further south, but moved up here to study at the university. Weather wise it's very much the same, but it is strange going from a 5000 city to a 70000 city, but it's still sort of rural, nothern Norway :p

We had a lot of snow this easter and the first picture was taken at the 2013.04.02 around 22:30 while the other one was 14:30 today. Looking back it's so strange to see the darkness because we have midnight sun now :p
3fcjA8m.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy dark pic, old cell phone camera. Here's a vantage point I love to stop at.

We've been at 45°C for a week. It's too fucking hot and not even a drop of rain. I love cold weather but unfortunately I live here with this hot one, oh well.
Ooofff. I've barely felt mid 30s on my body and it didn't love it. I usually do much better than other people in warm weather, but it was really strange when it was 35 maybe in Rome and so strange because the shadows were still really hot.

BTW, do you like rain? Cold weather?
Nothing quite beats Bergen (biggest city on the west coast, was the capital many many years ago) if you want rain though. All 300 days a year of it :p
I usually forget about community threads, but I won't forget you guys!

Still sucks though.
I know. I check the F1 thread way too rarely, but had it popped into the off topic section I would have read it a lot more. Problem is there aren't enough (interesting) threads there for me to check it :/

I had thankfully subbed this thread, but I usually opened it when it crept up on the front page.
If you think about it the Bible is pretty much the same, it never even hints at lesbianism anywhere, all it talks about is man lying with another man, so if we were to follow our lives by that book, lesbianism would be ok. That doesn't mean the Bible isn't sexist though.
I guess you've also seen Fugelsang about lesbians in the bible :p

Body hair = meh.
Body hair + athletic build = YES.

But that's probably because:

Athletic build = YES.
I've also noticed that. I don't like body hair on its own (hard to phrase that properly xD), but on a nice body it's suddenly awesome. Strange isn't it?

Ty4on

Doesn't look like that now as it just started raining :p

There must be some nice buildings or something. I love cities at night.

Sai-kun

Banned
Doesn't look like that now as it just started raining :p

There must be some nice buildings or something. I love cities at night.

Me too! Chicago is gorgeous on summer/fall nights, but I've been here my whole life, so when I get a change of pace like the crazy steep hills of San Francisco, or a view of the mountains, it's really really cool.

I think his name is Richard Chino Welch. Here's a link to his twitter. He's got more pictures on there, some are even a tad bit NSFW. :)

Aaaaand he's from the UK which means: 1) he has an accent 2) ja;sklfja;skfja;klsfj

MarkusRJR

Ugh, I think I have kidney stones but it's a 2 hour walk to the nearest clinic and I doubt I'd be able to make it there with the pain on my left side. What should I do...

Sibylus

Banned
I just have this thread open in my tabs constantly (something like 40-60 in all), didn't even notice the move until it was mentioned.

Zajora

I have this thread's tab pinned, and I use it to open other tabs for gaming/OT.

I can see how moving it to community would stop new people from realizing there's a thread about it. I suppose that would be a problem if community was visited by new people just as much as the other categories.

Just got back from solo bar hoping. Had a great time. Closed the night at Splash.

Let me tell you, it has some hot go-go dancers. Stuffed lots of money into their underwear. The music was lackluster though. Shame. Splash would be a perfect club otherwise.

MarkusRJR

Holy shit. I am actually going to snap right about now. My brother gets home from his internship at LG and he instantly starts complaining about me for the entire hour he's back to my dad. I'm starting to think he's the reason why my dad only ever complains about me and hates me. As I wrote this post my brother is now yelling on skype like usual. I hate everything right now, god damn. Not only do I feel like shit physically, I also feel like shit mentally.

I feel worse about his dog though. While he was gone I learnt that he was treating the dog to disgusting conditions. The water and food dishes were coated in tons of black mold (which probably weren't cleaned for months/years), and he had a 9 year dog old bed (which was stained and flattened to a pancake) for her to sleep/lie on instead of the brand new dog bed my dad gave him for Christmas a year or two ago. He seemingly locks her in his room and lost the collar (later found in the back of the basement while he was gone) so he hasn't walked her for years. The dog's hair was smelly and was entirely in mats. The moment I brought it up to him he just complained about some irrelevant stuff, and slammed his door.

So furious. I really want to call up animal services to get his dog away from him. If there was ever a person I wish would die, it'd be him.

mantidor

Just got back from solo bar hoping. Had a great time. Closed the night at Splash.

Let me tell you, it has some hot go-go dancers. Stuffed lots of money into their underwear. The music was lackluster though. Shame. Splash would be a perfect club otherwise.

So I'm not the only one going alone! I'm starting to get tired of it, but going with friends was leading me nowhere.

Holy shit. I am actually going to snap right about now. My brother gets home from his internship at LG and he instantly starts complaining about me for the entire hour he's back to my dad. I'm starting to think he's the reason why my dad only ever complains about me and hates me. As I wrote this post my brother is now yelling on skype like usual. I hate everything right now, god damn. Not only do I feel like shit physically, I also feel like shit mentally.

I feel worse about his dog though. While he was gone I learnt that he was treating the dog to disgusting conditions. The water and food dishes were coated in tons of black mold (which probably weren't cleaned for months/years), and he had a 9 year dog old bed (which was stained and flattened to a pancake) for her to sleep/lie on instead of the brand new dog bed my dad gave him for Christmas a year or two ago. He seemingly locks her in his room and lost the collar (later found in the back of the basement while he was gone) so he hasn't walked her for years. The dog's hair was smelly and was entirely in mats. The moment I brought it up to him he just complained about some irrelevant stuff, and slammed his door.

So furious. I really want to call up animal services to get his dog away from him. If there was ever a person I wish would die, it'd be him.

Breathe, count to ten.

How old are you? maybe it's time to emancipate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom