• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

Leading you nowhere?

heh it's a personal thing, I am morbidly shy, going out with friends meant I always took cover under them, so I only really started knowing new people when I went alone, but it was incredibly hard, which usually lead to very risky alcohol drinking, fortunately things haven't got too out of hand, but they've been close, I really wish it was easier but things are the way they are, hopefully I won't need alcohol in those situations anymore, I'm working on reducing the amount as much as I can.

Oh hey, Community move. :eek:

Cosplay just got a little more interesting to me.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Bailey 87

Just got back from solo bar hoping. Had a great time. Closed the night at Splash.

Let me tell you, it has some hot go-go dancers. Stuffed lots of money into their underwear. The music was lackluster though. Shame. Splash would be a perfect club otherwise.

What type of music was it? I hate going to bars/clubs with terrible music but I usually get drunk and then it's not so bad.

p.s Where are the pics of you stuffing money into the dancers underwear ;)

What type of music was it? I hate going to bars/clubs with terrible music but I usually get drunk and then it's not so bad.

A majority of the music was mashups, club edits, and lyricless stuff. Awful. Especially the mashups and the edits.

Stop butchering songs DJs. You can let them play without messing with them.

p.s Where are the pics of you stuffing money into the dancers underwear ;)

In my head for use later.

P.S. What's up? How have you been?

Bailey 87

A majority of the music was mashups, club edits, and lyricless stuff. Awful. Especially the mashups and the edits.
ibnK5THXjP0Dc.gif

GROSS

P.S. What's up? How have you been?

I'm great Cuppy, I've become a Game of Thrones fanatic, I'm currently on the second book (A Clash of Kings) and playing Skyrim pretending my character is Jon Snow.

I was depressed last week...Microsoft's conference was that bad. I considered selling my Xbox 360 and buying a Playstation 3. It's embarrassing being a Xbox fanboy and trying to stay positive after watching that POS, I'm still looking forward to their E3 conference Godrosoft can pull it back I just need to have faith.

How have you been?

How have you been?

Alright. School was giving me trouble, but now it's over.

heh it's a personal thing, I am morbidly shy, going out with friends meant I always took cover under them, so I only really started knowing new people when I went alone, but it was incredibly hard, which usually lead to very risky alcohol drinking, fortunately things haven't got too out of hand, but they've been close, I really wish it was easier but things are the way they are, hopefully I won't need alcohol in those situations anymore, I'm working on reducing the amount as much as I can.

Good luck with meeting people and drinking less.

I tried to meet a new guy yesterday at one of the bars. Thought he was cute, so I walked up to him and started talking. Did not go well. I was awkward, didn't really have anything to say, and I looked a mess because I hadn't actually planned on bar hopping.

Still I got a lot of social XP from it. If I keep on forcing myself to do that, I'll level up in no time.

Apparently the guy I was crushing on from instagram is a bit of a slut (or that's his reputation). In the past few days I've got a couple of randoms saying hi/liking my profile on instamessage but I don't find any of them attractive :(

EDIT: he seems to be an awful slut though since he didn't reply to my message :p

RM8

Hey guys... who wants to donate some money to me so I can buy a PS4 with inFamous Second Son to stare at Delsen all day </3
What. Granted, I haven't paid a lot of attention (not a fan of the series), but from the character alone I assumed it was a PS3 game, lol. Dat graphical leap.

Dany

Banned
I think I am getting a ps4. :/ Dance Central ONE or Mirrors Edge ONE is not enough for me to sign my soul away to microsoft again. Guess we'll see at E3.

RM8

I am too, but unless E3 is mind-blowing I doubt I'll buy one at launch. The most exciting PS4 game to me so far is the new Bloody Roar, and that's a rumor :p

daripad

I'm still debating between PS4 and WiiU. PC and Xbox One are not what I really want. Let's see how both do at E3 to decide, it will be a though decision.

daripad

Uh, that's not how it works. You have to get both since they're completely different. That being said I'm also waiting for E3 to decide if/when I'll buy a WiiU.
I don't have enough money for both and I still haven't bought many games for my 3DS. I just want to have one home console so I can just focus on getting the games, so my decision will not be based about which has more games but which one has more essential games for my taste. Right now PS4 is winning, but if Nintendo surprises me with 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash, improved WWHD (didn't play the original) and Retro is making an interesting game (no FPS please), I'll be buying a WiiU. I am waiting for both conferences and I'll see both live. Also PS4 pricing will be a huge factor, hope the latin american division don't fuck it up.

daripad

Eh, it's kind of weird. Like "I wish I wasn't gay" or stupid crap like that but I just realize that there's nothing I can do and that going back to self hate is not going to do anything.
I just think of it would be to have a kid or something, lol.
I feel the same way. I wish there was a possibility of getting one on of my own genes, that would be fantastic. Unfortunately I'm gay, thus making me being unable to have children naturally. It feels bad when lots of straight people hate children.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Eh, it's kind of weird. Like "I wish I wasn't gay" or stupid crap like that but I just realize that there's nothing I can do and that going back to self hate is not going to do anything.
I just think of it would be to have a kid or something, lol.

I feel the same way. I wish there was a possibility of getting one on of my own genes, that would be fantastic. Unfortunately I'm gay, thus making me being unable to have children naturally. It feels bad when lots of straight people hate children.

Umm...

gay people can have biological children too.

RM8

People around here will Falcon Punch me to death, but given the choice, I would have definitely chose to be straight. Not even because of kids (not a fan of kids) but because it's easier, period. I don't think it's "self-hate", lol, I love and accept who I am, I don't think it's any different than wishing I were born in a different
non-crappy
country.

If there's one positive aspect about having been gay it's probably that it made me very tolerant and empathic about other minorities, I guess, but I can't be sure if I'd be that way even being straight from the beginning. Who knows. It's also one of the things that initially pushed me into atheism and skepticism! That's probably the best part about it - not being part of the "norm" makes you question stuff, that's pretty awesome.

Que? It doesn't look like a PS3 game at all.
It looks better, but it's truly not a huge leap by any means. Compare Cole's model with beanie guy, that's no PS1 to PS2 or PS2 to PS3 leap.

bsej87

People around here will Falcon Punch me to death, but given the choice, I would have definitely chose to be straight. Not even because of kids (not a fan of kids) but because it's easier, period. I don't think it's "self-hate", lol, I love and accept who I am, I don't think it's any different than wishing I were born in a different
non-crappy
country.

If there's one positive aspect about having been gay it's probably that it made me very tolerant and empathic about other minorities, I guess, but I can't be sure if I'd be that way even being straight from the beginning. Who knows. It's also one of the things that initially pushed me into atheism and skepticism! That's probably the best part about it - not being part of the "norm" makes you question stuff, that's pretty awesome.

I can understand that. I think if before birth I was presented with a list of things to choose from and was informed that this set of options comes with potential persecution, less rights, etc. I would probably avoid things from that list. But, like you said, there are certainly some benefits to not being part of the majority.

Crayons

Banned
It's also one of the things that initially pushed me into atheism and skepticism! That's probably the best part about it - not being part of the "norm" makes you question stuff, that's pretty awesome.

I agree with you here. Just a few hours ago the religious solicitors came to my door. Started asking me if I went to church, believed in God, what type of Church I went to. I'm an atheist, but I lied and said I was catholic because I just didn't want to deal with it. They then asked me if I know how I can get into heaven.

After that, I just gave them the 'bitch' look and said "I don't want any of this", and slammed the door.

Menaged

non-crappy
country.

I'm with you on that.
I wish I wasn't gay since I believe it would've made my life easier. It's not a self hate thing, just being real. I'm at a stage that I'm cool with who and what I am, but that doesn't mean that I can't wish being different in some aspects.

Having kids is one of my main issues TBH. I truly hope we'll see some progress in the next few years when I'll be interested in raising them, but currently it's nearly impossible to do so in Israel. I think what most gay people do is adopting / impregnate (I think) women in India or something like that (yeah...) and then bring them to Israel. That's obviously expensive, and I'm not 100% sure it's still legit today.

Go religion!

---

Oh, and I'll probably get a PS4. I guess I'm kind of a Sony fanboy since I just love their games output and I know 3rd parties will be there. With that said, I think I'll be it at least 1 year after launch since I have many PS3 games, and the line up will be much better.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

RM8

Not anymore. Thanks for ruining it, now there's no Chun Li in the last pic and I have to use two :mad: It's not like the emulator automatically makes the poly-count go up, or makes the textures go HD (it wasn't even upscaled, lol).

Chun Li was so cool before being beaten to death with an ugly-stick in the SF4 series.

RM8

I think there's no arguing that these leaps were by far way more impressive. Really, I can see Cole's model in Second Son and not looking completely out of place.

EDIT: Also:

And in this case the N64 pic is emulated, removing a ton of jaggies.

Ty4on

For one current gen games usually hold back on AF due to HW limitations while it barely affects the performance in modern GPUs. That's one big change we'll see.
Anisotropic_compare.png

The big change IMO will be that games start looking like bullshots. Right now most games look way crappier in ingame shots.
Clear as mud ^^

Edit: N64 could do pretty stuff.
veo4d.jpg

Changing subjects a bit, all ya'll need to watch Orphan Black on BBC America. It's sooo goood.

Seconded. Tatiana Maslany was like a part of my childhood (I used to watch so much YTV) it's good to see that now as an adult she has some serious chops. And as a self-aware and pretty eclectic 'genre show' the writing is good.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Seconded. Tatiana Maslany was like a part of my childhood (I used to watch so much YTV) it's good to see that now as an adult she has some serious chops. And as a self-aware and pretty eclectic 'genre show' the writing is good.

Wow, I didn't know she acted as a child. That's sort of cool to know. For some reason I had just assumed that this was her first role.

For sure. Orphan Black knows exactly what kind of show it is and it revels in it with glorious result. It's just so much fun to watch.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Changing subjects a bit, all ya'll need to watch Orphan Black on BBC America. It's sooo goood.
Thirded. Felix actually looked pretty good last week when he wasn't wearing eye makeup. And then there's Big Dick Paul.
There's two gay characters on the show.
Gotta keep it relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom