• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm not really into "dating" either (i.e. going out on dates). If I'm interested in someone I'd rather we go to bed first, and play it by ear from there.

Yeah I'm not really into "dating" either (i.e. going out on dates). If I'm interested in someone I'd rather we go to bed first, and play it by ear from there.

Really a lot of it for me is that I don't have much patience for the whole cordiality thing. It's kind of like if I have to go on dates to get to know someone I'd rather not. I'm sure there's an art to 'courtship' but I've only experienced what I would consider the tedious aspect. If it could happen organically or I could somehow leap into suddenly 'knowing' someone then that would seem less stiflingly formal or whatever. I mean sometimes conventions are really valuable because the structure can be really conductive to creating something (I'm thinking of like iambic pentameter and sonnets for some reason as an example) but a lot of the time in practice it just seems like this ritual that I don't really get.

Why would you have sex and THEN date.
Like, seriously? What if the guy has AIDS! WHAT IF HE HAS A BOYFRIEND! WHAT IF HIS BOYFRIEND IS SOME CRAZY JEALOUS MUSCLE DUDE

KmA

No offense to you but personally, I think this is a gross attitude. I'd rather have someone be cordial and have sex out of intimacy, not out of physicality. Or maybe this is just me being a naive kid.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
No offense to you but personally, I think this is a gross attitude. I'd rather have someone be cordial and have sex out of intimacy, not out of physicality. Or maybe this is just me being a naive kid.

sounds more lik you being fuggerz

Menaged

Oh, and people have told me IRL that I'm very sarcastic, I don't even try being like that but oh well, that is part of my (flawed) personality.

Since when being sarcastic is consdierd a flaw?
I love sarcastic people (I'm one myself), so for me that's a plus.

LOCK

Oh god guys, I just woke up naked. I can't really remember last night, thanks Hennessy and Hypnotic, but I think I fucked that old guy.

I feel used and dirty.

Bailey 87

It's confirmed: I give the best blowjobs.

What are your bragging rights, GayGAF?

I'm a gaming god.

I have the best boyfriend ever. I know everyone says that, but if we were to line up our boyfriends mine would clearly win :p

I have really good genes. I look 18 at 26

For RatskyWatsky
my cock is massive I'm talking hangs lower than my knees while soft massive

iTDukKFGJjqNl.gif

Alcoori

Dating is really what you make of it. If you follow the "rules", then yeah it's shit and terrible. But if you take it as an opportunity to hang out with someone you might potentially like, then I think it can be great.
Of course I would wait max 3 dates before seeing the guy's dick and performance in bed. Otherwise if it's really bad I'd feel as if I wasted my time.

Mr_Zombie

Oh god guys, I just woke up naked. I can't really remember last night, thanks Hennessy and Hypnotic, but I think I fucked that old guy.

I feel used and dirty.

Uhm, what? Didn't you talk with him only through messages? Why do you think that you fucked him then?

LOCK

For reals?
Yeah. I went swimming and drinking by myself (don't judge me lol) and then he shows up. Next thing I know I wake up naked, smelling like sex, and then I can't go back to sleep cause my brain won't stop over thinking. I have a tired hangover.

I asked him if we did anything and he said to think really hard. :/ I dun goofed.
Uhm, what? Didn't you talk with him only through messages? Why do you think that you fucked him then?
I didn't explain very well. I'm visiting family, and he is too. He has been texting me and flirting when nobody is looking. It's horrible cause he has kids and a wife here.

I don't know how this always happens to me.

Mr_Zombie

Yeah. I went swimming and drinking by myself (don't judge me lol) and then he shows up. Next thing I know I wake up naked, smelling like sex, and then I can't go back to sleep cause my brain won't stop over thinking. I have a tired hangover.

I asked him if we did anything and he said to think really hard. :/ I dun goofed.

I didn't explain very well. I'm visiting family, and he is too. He has been texting me and flirting when nobody is looking. It's horrible cause he has kids and a wife here.

Oh. Oh... That looks quite awkward.
I still don't understand how it happened. Were you so drunk that you don't remember making out with the guy?

I like "hanging out." Instead of terming it as a "date," I ask a guy I'm interested in to hang out.

Ideally, I'd want to sit down and talk over dinner and just really make conversation and get to know him. Which I guess is pretty much what a date would consist of.

RM8

Yeah, that's ideal. I hate that "date" kind of inherently involves a bit of instant flirting. That's awkward and a turn-off for me if I just met the guy :/ Hanging out, having coffee, getting to know each other first is a must for me.

Alcoori

I like "hanging out." Instead of terming it as a "date," I ask a guy I'm interested in to hang out.

Ideally, I'd want to sit down and talk over dinner and just really make conversation and get to know him. Which I guess is pretty much what a date would consist of.

Well I hate when people make a point of saying "hanging out" instead of a date because to me that gives them license to be flaky, noncommittal and vague instead of telling you outright they don't think it will work out or if they like you.
To those who then whine about expectation that calling it a "date" brings up, I just say that there doesn't need to be an expectation because a date's purpose is specifically to get to know the other person. If it goes well, great, if not then no one prevents you from just saying "I'm sorry but I don't think it's gonna work out, bye".

Well I hate when people make a point of saying "hanging out" instead of a date because to me that gives them license to be flaky, noncommittal and vague instead of telling you outright they don't think it will work out or if they like you.
To those who then whine about expectation that calling it a "date" brings up, I just say that there doesn't need to be an expectation because a date's purpose is specifically to get to know the other person. If it goes well, great, if not then no one prevents you from just saying "I'm sorry but I don't think it's gonna work out, bye".

Take control and straight up ask them what their intentions are if you feel like things are moving beyond "hanging out". Or if they're flaky then ditch them and find someone who respects you.

RM8

I think it's fine to be noncommittal during the knowing-each-other phase. That's the thing, "dating" assumes you're both at a level of interest that might not really be there. If you feel someone is making you waste your time then ask up-front what he's looking for and tell him what you are looking for. To me it feels so forced to be in this dating mindset where you have to pretend you're really into a guy you just met. I know this might sound perfectly normal to some, but I think I've mentioned this guy who started rubbing my knee with his knee while grinning like an idiot like 20 minutes after we met for the first (and last) time. He assumed I liked him just because we were "dating" and that was definitely not the case, hence why I think hanging out with no "deeper" intentions is a must.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

Older, closeted dudes have you all the time? :p

Maybe you shouldn't hang around them?

Err

I guess I don't know what to say. You should probably check for STDs.

Alrus

I guess I drunk too much, cause I lost time lol

You got Blackout drunk by yourself? That's a pretty worrying habit. I mean I get smashed a lot and it led to one really awkward situation once (but then again another time, it also led me to start dating my current bf so it's not all bad I guess :p ) but it was always in a social situations. I'd be pretty worried about myself if I started getting smashed when I'm by myself.

LOCK

Older, closeted dudes have you all the time? :p

Maybe you shouldn't hang around them?
I have a problem with "straight" guys in general.
Err

I guess I don't know what to say. You should probably check for STDs.
I routinely do. Now I feel like a slut typing that.
You got Blackout drunk by yourself? That's a pretty worrying habit. I mean I get smashed a lot and it led to one really awkward situation once (but then again another time, it also led me to start dating my current bf so it's not all bad I guess :p ) but it was always in a social situations. I'd be pretty worried about myself if I started getting smashed when I'm by myself.
No I never get drunk, normally. My goal was to relax and sip a drink by the pool. The guy is cute, practically a silver fox, and he brought hard liquor and one thing lead to the next.

Alcoori

Gays, you should go ahead and read this very interesting article on Gawker about the realities of gay marriage. More that just gay marriage, I think it is a very interesting article that presents the different ways people approach marriage and monogamy in general.
I used to think monogamy was the only way to go and that I could never be in an open relationship. However, in the recent years I have been exposed to open relationships that work in which the participants are very committed to each other yet occasionally have sex with other people (together or separately) and that has definitely made me reconsider my stance. I think I could have an open relationship, at least I'm not bothered by the thought of it. I think that has long as you are dedicated to your partner and that you show it and work on the relationship, having sex with other people once in a while isn't going to weaken said relationship.

Take control and straight up ask them what their intentions are if you feel like things are moving beyond "hanging out". Or if they're flaky then ditch them and find someone who respects you.

Oh trust me, I don't stick around flaky guys. I guess it's just a pet-peeve of mine that people are deathly afraid of calling dating for what it is and most people assume dating means you're locked in some sort of pre-relationship when I only see it as a time where you get to know someone and there won't be any hard feelings if you realize you're not into the other person.

bsej87

Man, there are a whole host of assumptions and stereotyping going on in that article about both gay and straight couples.

FYC

Banned
Canadians only. Damn you and your bagged milk and maple syrups.

i1KzhSaSBgxEM.gif

Sorry, I should have mentioned that :x

THanks! Now I feel bad like I should donate something.

edit: I hope this wasn't stolen and my account won't get banned now :S lol

Nah, my parents gave it to me as a gift but I feel like I don't deserve it, thought I'd help make someone happier

Alrus

This might sound creepy but if you're the dude in your avatar then yes you look really good

okay now I feel like a creep :c

Well it's not creepy, 90% of the Post Your Own Picture thread would be considered creepy then :p
Only 50% of them actually are...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I'm going to need you to remember so I can bask in the details of your drunken trysts.

For RatskyWatsky
my cock is massive I'm talking hangs lower than my knees while soft massive

That sounds like something someone with a small cock would say, tbh.
No need to exagerate boo I love you for who you are not for what's between your legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom