• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FYC

Banned
Well my Dad is very supportive of gay marriage / homosexuality, it seems. I'm sure my Mom is. Woo. He asked me today if I had been following the Egypt situation(ashamedly I'm 2ignorant) but we moved on to DOMA. Talked about crazy people. Was fun.

Guess coming out won't be so bad with them at least!

Alcoori

The hell is wrong with you people? A goatee is not a beard in my world.

A goatee is possibly the worst facial hair someone can get in the world. I don't think I've ever seen someone with a goatee that I found attractive. It makes you look old, it makes you look uncool, and it makes you lazy. Why stop at the goatee? Grow a full beard, it's much more magnificent.

(This of course is my own opinion, feel free to disagree but if so you're wrong).

NO
colin-farrell-1.jpg

YES
jake_gyllenhaal_beard.jpg

Also, can we talk about what happened to Shia LaBeouf?

So if you want to post eyeroll gifs you might want to direct them at DR2K. Since he posted the above in response to "what is the point of pride?" :)

Getting smashed doesn't mean drugs necessarily. I interpreted as getting drunk and taking your shirt off. But even though, you can't just draw conclusions from what one person said, everyone has their own way of celebrating and you are not obligated to celebrate a certain way.
The essence of Pride is to celebrate ALL people.
Eyeroll still stands.

Sai-kun

Banned
Folks with tattoos: How did you go about finalizing a design/finding a place to get it done? I've literally no experiences with tattoos, but I've had an idea for one sitting in my head for months, and I told myself that if I still liked the idea a couple months from when I thought of it, I would get it.

Getting smashed doesn't mean drugs necessarily. I interpreted as getting drunk and taking your shirt off. But even though, you can't just draw conclusions from what one person said, everyone has their own way of celebrating and you are not obligated to celebrate a certain way.
The essence of Pride is to celebrate ALL people.
Eyeroll still stands.

Alcohol is definitely a drug.

Also when I say "hedonistic and promiscuous" it isn't meant to come off as a negative judgement. My comment wasn't really meant to be taken that seriously anyway, being a remark brought on by DR2K (though I did not quote him directly).

Mark1

My amazing cousin said I can pick up anyone because of my personality, but after seeing myself in the mirror during a water park visit, I can't see how. I do workout, but still skinny

Edit: changed avatar to Andy Roddick cos he is fucking hot

daripad

My amazing cousin said I can pick up anyone because of my personality, but after seeing myself in the mirror during a water park visit, I can't see how. I do workout, but still skinny

Maybe your face? That is something that makes people very very attractive.

Alcoori

You know, being skinny is not necessarily a bad thing. Some people love skinny guys. You should work out for yourself anyway, not to potentially attract other people.

Love yourself first, that is always 100x more attractive than pure physical attributes.

Mark1

Maybe your face? That is something that makes people very very attractive.
Have you seen my face? Lots of you as well as family have said I'm handsome.

You know, being skinny is not necessarily a bad thing. Some people love skinny guys. You should work out for yourself anyway, not to potentially attract other people.

Love yourself first, that is always 100x more attractive than pure physical attributes.
Yeah, my cousin said I can pick up anyone because of my personality. Looked in the mirror again and look better.

Edit: everyone says I shouldn't do the gym for others, but I can't help it. I'll do it to improve self confidence

DR2K

Banned
But not for me :(

My "hedonistic drug use and promiscuous sex" line was in response to:

So if you want to post eyeroll gifs you might want to direct them at DR2K. Since he posted the above in response to "what is the point of pride?" :)

Hey now, no need to throw me under the bus. It was a mostly honest assessment of the situation from POV, wrapped in a joke. I know jack shit about illegal drugs though.

Alcoori

Edit: everyone says I shouldn't do the gym for others, but I can't help it. I'll do it to improve self confidence

Well, you never do it entirely for yourself. Getting looks from other people and compliments certainly helps you staying motivated. What I meant is that ultimately, you do it so that you can look good in your own eyes. That definitely builds self-confidence.

Mark1

So what's everyone's advice on getting a hot, sweet guy for a boyfriend?

Alcoori, it is a motivation when you get the compliments. My family have said I'm looking good.

He's sooo good looking.
I havn't watched tennis for so long. Heck, I barly watch any sport now, since I moved out a year ago.
He is a hunk, I fancied him and was desperate to see his torso the first time I saw him on tv.

RM8

Sorry to hear :(

Any idea if it'd be immediate termination or would they give you a bit of a heads up?
It's most likely not going to be immediate, Mexican government takes its own good time :p Let's see what happens later this week. After all it's not 100% sure that I'll lose my job, it's just very likely, lol. I was just told that my "interview" with who would be my new boss is a rather important factor - if there's something we marketing people can do is sell stuff! So I'll do my best :p

Sadly, losing my job means no Japan trip in December and a pretty drastic change in my game purchasing habits. And I hope in this case I can find a new job soon so I don't see my savings gradually disappear in front of my eyes.

daripad

It's most likely not going to be immediate, Mexican government takes its own good time :p Let's see what happens later this week. After all it's not 100% sure that I'll lose my job, it's just very likely, lol. I was just told that my "interview" with who would be my new boss is a rather important factor - if there's something we marketing people can do is sell stuff! So I'll do my best :p

Sadly, losing my job means no Japan trip in December and a pretty drastic change in my game purchasing habits. And I hope in this case I can find a new job soon so I don't see my savings gradually disappear in front of my eyes.

Try to be nice, dress well, give a good impresion for the first days and specially do everything he asks of you and you'll be fine.

I envy naturally skinny people's but sooner or later their metabolism is gonna catch up to them (sun)
The sun? There is something I'm missing here? Is te sun a metabolism factor as we age or are you refering to something else?

Have you seen my face? Lots of you as well as family have said I'm handsome.
No, I haven't seen you, though you can always show yourself here lol We give compliments (hehe)

But if your family says that, it means that you must be a good looking guy. I imagine is great when that happens because it gives you confidence. Also means that lots of people think that way, so just try what your cousin says (get whoever you want) and see what happens.

In my case no one has ever said that to me (except 2 or 3 creepy women that I'm 0% interested in, even as friends) so I can't say the same.

sruckus

Reading this article is depressing. Knowing I'm part of a small minority they is probably two percent or less is just horrible. It's kind of amazing we've gotten the exposure and rights we deserve. However with those numbers I don't think I can really blame Hollywood for not having many gay characters nor do I ever expect to see gay main characters in big budget movies.

Not to mention how hard it already is for someone shy and not super outgoing to find someone, but I have an extremely small pool to choose from :/

Mark1

No, I haven't seen you, though you can always show yourself here lol We give compliments (hehe)

But if your family says that, it means that you must be a good looking guy. I imagine is great when that happens because it gives you confidence. Also means that lots of people think that way, so just try what your cousin says (get whoever you want) and see what happens.

In my case no one has ever said that to me (except 2 or 3 creepy women that I'm 0% interested in, even as friends) so I can't say the same.
https://attachment.fbsbx.com/messag...QCL3mYE-FLLW1ZjZ198pRBomjF8mBpASfIv70r-XpbDyQ a link from a couple of pages back, it's not my best photo.

You're not handsome? Proof! Do you have FaceBook?

daripad

RM8

Reading this article is depressing. Knowing I'm part of a small minority they is probably two percent or less is just horrible. It's kind of amazing we've gotten the exposure and rights we deserve. However with those numbers I don't think I can really blame Hollywood for not having many gay characters nor do I ever expect to see gay main characters in big budget movies.

Not to mention how hard it already is for someone shy and not super outgoing to find someone, but I have an extremely small pool to choose from :/
This is not surprising at all to me. It's pretty clear we're a rather minuscule minority, so yeah, in that sense it's quite shocking that the fight for equality has shown the results it has. In some places. And the "small pool" thing blows indeed, lol at straight people who get all whiny and emo that they can't find a girlfriend/boyfriend. BTW I find it amusing when some gay people throw random numbers based on their own social circles, I've heard stuff like "we're like one half of the total population!" or "I'm sure all [insert profession] are gay".

A goatee is possibly the worst facial hair someone can get in the world. I don't think I've ever seen someone with a goatee that I found attractive. It makes you look old, it makes you look uncool, and it makes you lazy. Why stop at the goatee? Grow a full beard, it's much more magnificent.

(This of course is my own opinion, feel free to disagree but if so you're wrong).

NO
colin-farrell-1.jpg

YES
jake_gyllenhaal_beard.jpg

I strongly agree with you on the goatee, I think it looks so bad on guys. Sad thing is I used to don it for a while back when I was much younger. Haven't had it in many years though and never will again.

That said, I wouldn't turn back Colin Farrell, stupid goatee or not.

Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my biggest celebrity crushes ever. But that's like saying I love Bacon; everybody and their grandmother does.

Is it really only 2%? I would have guessed between 5-10%. There's also the factor of people not being out.

None of these links work for me lol. Can you use imgur or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom