• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Hey, I want your opinion in this. I'm offered a red 3DS XL for 2350 pesos, includes pokemon radar, nintendo ambassador games too. Also Pokemon Black 2 (which I already have) and another 4gb card included Seems like a good deal, what do you think?
Go for it. First, it's very possible that GBA games won't ever make it to the eShop since they're not being emulated - so Nintendo can't add VC functions (manuals, game suspending, sleep mode, etc.). Then you can trade Pokémon Black 2 and get decent value for it since it's, well, Pokémon (Black 2 is still $800 MXN at GamePlanet, lol). Those factors alone and the decent price make it worth a purchase IMO.

Mark1

Yeah, I felt something for a woman today so think I'm bi. EDIT: A bit sexually confused the past year so I'm not sure, but I've always loved the man's body. I don't know if the feelings for women are gradually developing, can it happen? The feelings for men are stronger.

Rokal

Couldn't you just as easily use the argument they have to put in more effort to separate the wheat from the chaff with such a low signal:noise ratio?

No, because gays still have to separate the wheat from the chaff too. There is just a lot less wheat in the end, if you're left with any at all. Any gay guy from a small town can vouch for this.

Going back to the numbers I used for a population of 100k...

4% of men from 20-30 are gay males: 400
46% of men from 20-30 are straight males: 4600
4% of women from 20-30 are gay females: 400
46% of women from 20-30 are straight females: 4600

If you are compatible with 5% of the gender you are attracted to, that leaves you with...

4% are gay males: 20 (out of 5000 men)
46% are straight males: 230 (out of 5000 men)
4% are gay females: 20 (out of 5000 women)
46% are straight females: 230. (out of 5000 women)

The chances of a straight person meeting someone they are compatible with is a lot higher. If you take that 100k sample and cut it down to 10k, the population of a small town, you end up with situations where there may only be a few other gay guys in your age range in your town. Realistically I think this is why so many gay guys have shitty relationships too, as you might try to date someone you aren't really compatible with simply because you don't have a lot of other options.

daripad

There's like 3 or 4 gay guys at school and they are not my type at ALL
plus I live in a shitty town with a population of 27,864.

There are lots here but they all are not my type. Some even are very attractive but then they start talking and it's an instant noooo! for me.

Go for it. First, it's very possible that GBA games won't ever make it to the eShop since they're not being emulated - so Nintendo can't add VC functions (manuals, game suspending, sleep mode, etc.). Then you can trade Pokémon Black 2 and get decent value for it since it's, well, Pokémon (Black 2 is still $800 MXN at
GamePlanet, lol). Those factors alone and the decent price make it worth a purchase IMO.

Yeah, I think I'll get it. Now I don't know if I should sell my Zelda OG 3DS after that to get the games I decided to get in that thread I made some days ago.

Alcoori

There's like 3 or 4 gay guys at school and they are not my type at ALL
plus I live in a shitty town with a population of 27,864.

You are still young and you'll eventually move out of your hometown, hopefully you'll have more choice and it'll be easier for you to find someone.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
No, because gays still have to separate the wheat from the chaff too. [...]

If you are compatible with 5% of the gender you are attracted to, that leaves you with...

The chances of a straight person meeting someone they are compatible with is a lot higher.
However, a straight guy isn't going to go through and meet 230 women.

As I loosely inferred, propinquity, or the actual chance of interacting with someone is actually quite low. People think that just because there's half of each gender, that the chances to meet someone are huge for straight (and bi) people. That's not the case.

Even in a small area, the number will not be that great. If there are 20 gay guys spread across an area, chances are that they will have a greater chance to meet at a local gay bar, because they only have a few destinations to go -- not to mention that they're gay, so they have that commonality that may lead them to meet and interact.

So if you're single and gay, the only reason you are is because you're avoiding meeting other people. :cool:

bsej87

Right, so using those numbers a straight person would have to try and find an ideal person out of 230 people vs only 20 people. I mean, I get what you're saying. They have a larger viable pool to hope to find love in, but its wrong to tell them they aren't in a happy relationship because they simply aren't trying hard enough and that its a simple numbers game. Almost half of marriages end in divorce, so it's not like everyone else is finding their perfect mate and swimming in happiness just because they have more options.

hateradio

That actually reminds me of an experiment I heard about. I can't remember the name, so I can't link to a source.

The experiment tested a person's ability to make decisions based on the number of available options. I don't remember what variables the test actually used, but, for example, if there were 20 flavors of ice cream, a person would take a long while to decide which to get. On the other hand, if there were only two or three flavors people would chose one fairly quick.

Interesting enough, people with fewer choices were actually happier with their choice than people with larger options. Those with more maybe second guessed themselves into thinking that maybe they should have picked something else.

So there may be more anxiety with a larger pool. :p

Sagitario

Any GayGAF have an Xbox, Wii U, or 3DS that doesn't already have me as a friend? I have like no gamer friends and would love to game with a few fellow GayGaffers.

Oh, and I got a new haircut! (excuse the instagram filter)

You look really good
hcKkrEe.gif

This haircut definitely fits much much better than the long hair you had before.

Send me a PM with your NNID, friend code and gamertag (though I don't really use my Xbox that much anymore and I don't have Gold).

RM8

That actually reminds me of an experiment I heard about. I can't remember the name, so I can't link to a source.

The experiment tested a person's ability to make decisions based on the number of available options. I don't remember what variables the test actually used, but, for example, if there were 20 flavors of ice cream, a person would take a long while to decide which to get. On the other hand, if there were only two or three flavors people would chose one fairly quick.

Interesting enough, people with fewer choices were actually happier with their choice than people with larger options. Those with more maybe second guessed themselves into thinking that maybe they should have picked something else.

So there may be more anxiety with a larger pool. :p
Lol, this is why I don't like buying a lot of games at the same time. I end up not enjoying any of them a ton, unlike when I'm obsessed with one single game or two.

For anyone interested, swimming anime is already out!!!, I'm watching cuz shirtless anime men.

It was great!!! More than just eye candy.. All gay (and female) animu nerds need to see this show!

MarkusRJR said:
So much fan service it hurt.

What was wrong with the fan service? They weren't originally going to release this series and they only actually made it cause the fans demanded it.

sruckus

Any GayGAF have an Xbox, Wii U, or 3DS that doesn't already have me as a friend? I have like no gamer friends and would love to game with a few fellow GayGaffers.

I think the entire GayGaf has already said it, but ya, you look good.

What do you play? I've been trying to catch up on single player games but love Halo and also play some CoD and Borderlands. If you're interested, just PM.

mantidor

I think is a sign that I've been playing too much Animal Crossing when I was expecting your villager to have a new haircut, not you you. :p

My 3DS FC is in my profile share me yours!

Canada: land of the people I can't get with. :(

Move!

No but seriously, I really think everyone should move out of their countries at least a year of their lives, is the most rewarding, terrifying and amazing experience one can have.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Move!

No but seriously, I really think everyone should move out of their countries at least a year of their lives, is the most rewarding, terrifying and amazing experience one can have.

I've looked into it, but a "regular" person can't just suddenly decide to emigrate to Canada. You have to have or make a certain amount of money, or provide a vital service (government, medical, science, etc). I applied and was told by a lawyer that my claim was very likely to be rejected because I don't meet their criteria.

Fucking sucks, because I really, really want to move to BC.

sruckus

What kind of messed up person doesn't? It's cute and the guys are hot. And aside from being a little overproduced, I like the song. It's always nice to hear actual songs with a homosexual message.

Could you please explain why it's so amazing, the boyfriend and I just watched it and I'm confused the song was terrible (music tastes how do they work) and the video was kinda boring. Was it because they had a kiss in the river?

I liked the song. Yea, it's cliche--another gay guy crushing on a straight friend--but it still resonated with me. Probably because I've suddenly found myself around a lot of straight guys.

I liked the video because it complimented the song.

Bailey 87

I liked the song. Yea, it's cliche--another gay guy crushing on a straight friend--but it still resonated with me. Probably because I've suddenly found myself around a lot of straight guys.

I liked the video because it complimented the song.

Thanks for the explanation I can now see why you thought it was amazing now. Talking about straight guys did you go out with your friend and did you have fun?

A straight guy just called me cute. I'm not sure what to feel about it.

Yeah, I guess this is a (not-so) stealth-brag post.

I don't think it means much. Straight guys can recognize cuteness/handsomeness in men, similar to how (most?) gay guys can recognize beauty in women. It just is often considered "gay" for straight guys to ever compliment the looks of another guy.

Replicant

I don't think it means much. Straight guys can recognize cuteness/handsomeness in men, similar to how (most?) gay guys can recognize beauty in women. It just is often considered "gay" for straight guys to ever compliment the looks of another guy.

Don't worry. I don't actually hope for anything to come out of this nor do I see him that way. I was just a bit startled because lately he's been saying some homoerotic stuff even though I have never given any indication that I like men (except for the fact that I never mentioned how I like women). Hopefully that means he's not homophobic.

What was the context?

Oh, he was pissed off at a guy and was telling me about it. So I told him "Welp, I hope I never incur your wrath". In response he said "Nah, you're too cute for me to be mad at you" followed by a grin. I think I blushed a little bit before I told him "Thanks" then awkwardly shifted the convo onto his study.

hateradio

My ears.

This is not for me.

Oh, he was pissed off at a guy and was telling me about it. So I told him "Welp, I hope I never incur your wrath". In response he said "Nah, you're too cute for me to be mad at you" followed by a grin. I think I blushed a little bit before I told him "Thanks" then awkwardly shifted the convo onto his study.
And then that song came on?

mantidor

wow we are getting fabricated teen idols now, with pre fabricated music to go with it, young gay guys are so lucky now, or it should be unlucky?

I've looked into it, but a "regular" person can't just suddenly decide to emigrate to Canada. You have to have or make a certain amount of money, or provide a vital service (government, medical, science, etc). I applied and was told by a lawyer that my claim was very likely to be rejected because I don't meet their criteria.

Fucking sucks, because I really, really want to move to BC.

Go illegal, we latinamericans do it all the time :p

I don't know how feasible it is for you to first find a job over there, it depends on your career of course, but that was the ticket out of my country.

Alcoori

Move!

Already ahead on that one, moved out of my home country almost 7 years ago and have lived in 2 different countries since then. I do NOT regret my decision one bit.

Sai-kun

Banned
Move!

Places I would like to live that aren't Chicago:

Seattle
San Francisco
NYC (fuck brooklyn tho!!!)
Spain (Barcelona?)
All around the UK (it's tiny as fuck)
Sweden

Man, I still don't know if I'd ever be able to leave Chicago for good. No city I've been to compares to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom