• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez. Second thunderstorm in a row today.

Well...he was pretty hot and Ready in florida *noding.gif*

Last time I was in florida was during Disneyland's 25th anniversary back in '87. All I remember was it was hot and muggy as hell.

Oh you mean all three of them?

SgJKLl1.gif

I'm in Florida! Yesterday my sister was at work (we're both lifeguards at a local water park) and a funnel cloud formed over the local commons (basically an outdoor shopping mall) before developing into a tornado for a brief while over the gulf.

We only close for lightning, not tornadoes. What the fuck.

Parn can vouch for me.

EDIT: I don't know if I believe in horoscope stuff but it's fun as hell to read about all the zodiac stuff.

Also, looked up the definition last night and found out I'm actually pansexual, not bisexual.

I think for the sake of easy explanations in public I'll stick to bi though.

I don't know if this is confirmation bias or not, but gay men seem more likely to be into obnoxious horoscopes and pop-astrology than straight men.

There may be something to that. Like just off the top of my head I think an interest in astrology is more socially coded as 'feminine' or whatever, though that might have to do with an interest in relationships and trying to understand people or whatever seeming more 'feminine' for some reason.

So I haven't gone out in awhile and was decided to go tonight, so of course my body decides to get sick :(

Colds are so horrible.

Drink a tea made with cayenne pepper, fresh ginger, lemon juice, and honey. It's maybe placebo or something but I seem to get over shit really fast if I'm drinking that consistently, it actually kind of tastes good too. Garlic is good too I think.

mantidor

Drink a tea made with cayenne pepper, fresh ginger, lemon juice, and honey. It's maybe placebo or something but I seem to get over shit really fast if I'm drinking that consistently, it actually kind of tastes good too. Garlic is good too I think.

Thanks! unfortunately I don't have any of that hehe

I made the traditional recipe from my country, agua de panela with lemon juice, (it's basically unrefined whole sugar and comes in blocks like bricks), you boil it and drink it as hot as possible and crawl in your bed and sweat the cold out, it works, but overnight.

Well I was going to end up alone and drunk anyway :p

Thanks! unfortunately I don't have any of that hehe

I made the traditional recipe from my country, agua de panela with lemon juice, (it's basically unrefined whole sugar and comes in blocks like bricks), you boil it and drink it as hot as possible and crawl in your bed and sweat the cold out, it works, but overnight.

Panela looks kind of delicious even though I know it's practically pure sugar.

Well I was going to end up alone and drunk anyway :p

Haha :(

There may be something to that. Like just off the top of my head I think an interest in astrology is more socially coded as 'feminine' or whatever, though that might have to do with an interest in relationships and trying to understand people or whatever seeming more 'feminine' for some reason.

Sounds reasonable. Though having an interest in relationships and trying to understand people should not lead someone to astrology. I've had a girl on Facebook outright state that all of a certain sign (I forget which, I believe it was Virgo) were selfish and egotistical. I pointed out that an African American female should understand how wrong it is to judge an entire group of people based on their birth, and that astrology had as much evidence as phrenology. To which she responded "does that mean you think phrenology is legit, or do you think it is false?"

-_-

And it is sometimes hard to tell if someone is facetious or not when they say they'd be careful around people of sign X, or refuse to associate with/hire/fuck/whatever sign Y.

royalan

...am I the only one who thinks the PBS Idea Channel guy is super hot?

Like, he's so expressive, and he does this adorable thing with his mouth when he's speaking. I'm crushing so hard right now.

Sounds reasonable. Though having an interest in relationships and trying to understand people should not lead someone to astrology. I've had a girl on Facebook outright state that all of a certain sign (I forget which, I believe it was Virgo) were selfish and egotistical. I pointed out that an African American female should understand how wrong it is to judge an entire group of people based on their birth, and that astrology had as much evidence as phrenology. To which she responded "does that mean you think phrenology is legit, or do you think it is false?"

-_-

And it is sometimes hard to tell if someone is facetious or not when they say they'd be careful around people of sign X, or refuse to associate with/hire/fuck/whatever sign Y.

Perhaps, but the validity of the system aside it apparently emerged out of some intention of interpersonal and intrapersonal understanding. So the aim is the same even if astrology falls short of the mark.

I do think that's silly, too. Even if a person wants to be internally consistent with astrology a person's sun sign or whatever is supposed to say very little about their character, so even if a person wants to adopt that kind of conceptual framework making simple generalizations like "Libras are phonies" would be doing it wrong.

I think what's most baffling about it is if someone is stubbornly insistent about it. Even if a person hypothetically had a really solid method of predicting personalities (which I don't think we do) you would still need to leave room for people to surprise you. This example is kind of strange, but say you peed your pants once when you were like twelve or something. And now imagine if another person was never able to forget that and your entire character was reduced to that one event from that point on. For some reason this particular example is kind of making me laugh as I'm typing but god imagine how frustrating that would be, and that's at least an actual thing that happened...

threesomes (and moresomes) are rad

do it
I'm such a prude :p I've only had full intercourse with my ex from a 5 year relationship. Messed around with a couple of other guys I sort of dated.

There's this guy who I know from a long time. I think he dated (or at least fucked) someone I know/almost dated. He lives in another city (about 12 hours by car), he always was very nice to me and my boyfriend back then, we visited a few times his city when we went to concerts and stuff. He stayed at my place once when he was visiting our town too. I always thought he was good looking.

After I broke with my boyfriend he eventually found out and after a bit of flirting we exchanged a few racy pics during a very hot conversation. Eventually I started dating someone else and shut him down the next time he started flirting with me.

Last night he wrote me again. Once again the conversation got pretty steamy. He writes me again this morning, he's all like: you left me all turned on last night, I wanna do bad things, I wanna have a threesome...

I played along a bit. After a while he told me: "I'm in town. Come pick me up (at my "friend's" house) and we can fuck the shit out of each other". Obviously I freaked/chickened out, I was like "WTF??? you can't just drop a bomb like that on me". He laughed. I didn't text back.

I didn't really put too much thought into the threesome part because I believed he was in his town. But now I just remembered it and think he might have included our "friend" in the proposal. It could have been very hot :(

But it's still kind of weird to me (thinking about actually doing something with him... and even weirder thinking about the other guy).

Pyrokai

Guys.

I'm 25, only dated one person (4 years), don't have many gay friends (mostly straight men), don't like going out to clubs/terrified to dance/too shy to go by myself to meet and mingle with strangers, and think most gay guys are not very good people (no offense to GayGAF)and the decent ones are taken/not attending clubs and certainly not on the likes of Hornet/Jack'd.

Am I a broken gay?

Pyrokai

[Elaboration needed]

I tend to think the guy I'm looking for just doesn't exist or is already taken by someone better than me. I don't really have low self-esteem, but that's how I feel. I have pretty much only loved one person ever. Everyone else is too sex-craved for my blood or just doesn't go out to clubs or make himself visible. Maybe it's a too-high-of-standards, thing. I dunno.

Poor elaboration....but to-the-point, I suppose.

Or!! I'm basically completely removed from "gay culture", am not seeking a way into it, and expect to find Mr. Right.

I tend to think the guy I'm looking for just doesn't exist or is already taken by someone better than me. I don't really have low self-esteem, but that's how I feel. I have pretty much only loved one person ever. Everyone else is too sex-craved for my blood or just doesn't go out to clubs or make himself visible. Maybe it's a too-high-of-standards, thing. I dunno.

Or!! I'm basically completely removed from "gay culture", am not seeking a way into it, and expect to find Mr. Right.

You don't really get dates at clubs. That doesn't mean that compatible people don't go to clubs or that they're a waste of time, assuming it isn't a sex club or something a lot of people just go to dance and socialize or whatever. So you maybe make some friends and branch out socially which later leads to dates or whatever.

Trigger

Pyrokai said:
most gay guys are not very good people

I don't quite see the connection between these two statements....

Nonetheless, I think you gotta realize that there is more than one way to meet other gay men and experience "gay culture" (which is a pretty broad concept anyway). I don't think you're "broken" lol, just sheltered. The bold is a bit confusing. I'm not sure how you expect to have a successful love or social life by avoiding interactions with other gay men. Admittedly I'm being a bit presumptuous but it sounds like you've internalized some of the negative/stereotypical depictions of homosexual life.

7threst

Guys.

I'm 25, only dated one person (4 years), don't have many gay friends (mostly straight men), don't like going out to clubs/terrified to dance/too shy to go by myself to meet and mingle with strangers, and think most gay guys are not very good people (no offense to GayGAF)and the decent ones are taken/not attending clubs and certainly not on the likes of Hornet/Jack'd.

Am I a broken gay?

You just haven't met the right guys yet.Ever thought of dating-sites perhaps? Or go to a gay-community place or take up a sport at a gay-club or something? There is loads of ways to meet gay-people.

I don't have a lot of gay friends and never go to clubs. However, I learned that it's way more important that the people around you are people you feel comfortable with. And that has nothing to do with the sexual orientation of people. But I guess you are looking explicitly for a relationship so some gay-people around you is kinda necessary for that :)

Mr_Zombie

I'm in Scotland now (Fraserburgh) on vacation (for two weeks) at my sister's and man, it's so depressingly grey here: buildings, roads, even the weather - almost no color at all (at least in town, because there are vast, almost neverending fields of green outside the town <3). Apparently, yesterday, for the first day for a very long time, was a truly hot day (like "everyone is whining how hot it is" kind of hot :p). My sister's friends were telling me that I brought them good weather with me :D

...am I the only one who thinks the PBS Idea Channel guy is super hot?

Like, he's so expressive, and he does this adorable thing with his mouth when he's speaking. I'm crushing so hard right now.

Nope. He is adorable (and smart). I love him and his show.

He's cute when he shaves.
Blasphemy. BLASPHEMY!!

I tend to think the guy I'm looking for just doesn't exist or is already taken by someone better than me. I don't really have low self-esteem, but that's how I feel. I have pretty much only loved one person ever. Everyone else is too sex-craved for my blood or just doesn't go out to clubs or make himselfvisible. Maybe it's a too-high-of-standards, thing. I dunno.

Or maybe you're just looking for love in a wrong place. You said yourself that you don't enjoy clubbing, so why do you expect to find your man in such a place. As others said, try looking somewhere else: dating sites, social pages, message boards, activity groups etc. Clubs are usually attended by people with certain personalities and it seems you're simply not into that kind of people.

No thanks. Not feeling it.

I'm in Scotland now (Fraserburgh) on vacation (for two weeks) at my sister's and man, it's so depressingly grey here: buildings, roads, even the weather - almost no color at all (at least in town, because there are vast, almost neverending fields of green outside the town <3). Apparently, yesterday, for the first day for a very long time, was a truly hot day (like "everyone is whining how hot it is" kind of hot :p). My sister's friends were telling me that I brought them good weather with me :D

Lol I bet it was only like high 70's at most.

I think the problem may be you looking in clubs for people not sex-crazed (by your standards), when clubs typically attract younger people with different attitudes towards sex than your own.

Bailey 87

I was just reading the 'Are men starting to have unrealistic physique standards for their bodies?' and wanted to ask gaygaffers a question. Somebody said that the gay community have unrealistic physique standards and expect everyone to be ripped. Do you think this is the case?

To answer my own question I don't think the gay community has an unrealistic physique standard. From what I've seen from the internet and real life the gay community loves the twinks and I wouldn't say a twinks body is an unrealistic physique standard. Me personally I don't really care how 'ripped' somebody is, as long as you have thick thighs and a bubble butt then you're fine in my eyes :p

Finally that thread is really sad to read, so many people think it's hard to get into shape, most blaming it on not having enough time to workout, and I'm sorry but that is not true. If you have enough time to game or post on neogaf then you have enough time to workout. Take my regime for example I workout 4 times a week 1 hour a day. I'm sure we all have 1 hour in the day to spare, you don't even need to have a gym membership. Take that money you saved up for the ps4 and spend it on a bench and some weights and you are set.

Why did I write this long post...Well I've met many people who are depressed about their body image and when I ask them what's stopping them changing it I always hear the same excuses, so I just wanted to say it's not that hard you can do it.

Finally remember squatting is fun it gives you a bubble butt and bubble butts= guys flocking round you :p

I was just reading the 'Are men starting to have unrealistic physique standards for their bodies?' and wanted to ask gaygaffers a question. Somebody said that the gay community have unrealistic physique standards and expect everyone to be ripped. Do you think this is the case?

To answer my own question I don't think the gay community has an unrealistic physique standard. From what I've seen from the internet and real life the gay community loves the twinks and I wouldn't say a twinks body is an unrealistic physique standard. Me personally I don't really care how 'ripped' somebody is, as long as you have thick thighs and a bubble butt then you're fine in my eyes :p

Finally that thread is really sad to read, so many people think it's hard to get into shape, most blaming it on not having enough time to workout, and I'm sorry but that is not true. If you have enough time to game or post on neogaf then you have enough time to workout. Take my regime for example I workout 4 times a week 1 hour a day. I'm sure we all have 1 hour in the day to spare, you don't even need to have a gym membership. Take that money you saved up for the ps4 and spend it on a bench and some weights and you are set.

Why did I write this long post...Well I've met many people who are depressed about their body image and when I ask them what's stopping them changing it I always hear the same excuses, so I just wanted to say it's not that hard you can do it.

Finally remember squatting is fun it gives you a bubble butt and bubble butts= guys flocking round you :p

Ask RatskyWatsky.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yeah I'm still Grandpa GayGaf @ 34

I think Robido is the oldest by a number of years, although he's more popgaf than gaygaf. You and I are tied for a runner-up position: three months until 35 for me. :(

As for the body image post up there ^ well... I don't know if unrealistic is specifically how I'd describe things, but it's been my experience that guys' physical standards are very, very high and there may not be a group anywhere on earth as judgmental and exclusionary as gay men, so yeah. Just like women and straight men, we're bombarded by exceptional images of what being desirable supposedly looks like, and many of us put ourselves through hell trying to meet this whether it's necessary or not.

Personally, I've been awkward, confident, fat, somewhat slim, young, old, introverted and outgoing, but none of it got me anywhere. I'm in terrible shape right now and while I'd like to fix that, it hardly seems worthwhile in terms of being attractive to other dudes. Some people just naturally have that appeal and some of us don't. *shrug*

7threst

Yeah I'm still Grandpa GayGaf @ 34

Wait, 34 is considered old? I'm 33...

...you people almost made me feel bad. But then I realized getting older is awesome. Except for getting more tired easily and responsibilities, but I can live with that knowing I felt the same way about the "responsibilities" I had when I was younger (which seem so pointless now). Grades in school, try being popular, stuff like that. I wouldn't want to go through that again though.

Edit: Is this the post of an old man? Tell me it isn't... maybe I do feel bad a little bit haha!

Bailey 87

You're funny.

But then again, I don't care about working out at all.

I was going to say take that xbone pre-order money and buy weights but nobody has pre-ordered the xbone amiright.

Yeah I understand that most people don't care about working out and that's perfectly fine, my advise was for people who care but don't start because they think they have to invest countless hours into getting those pecs.

For example I started HIIT (High interval intense training or is that High intense interval training I'll google it and edit my post later) yesterday and all that takes is 7 minutes to do and after it I was sweating like a pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom