• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Justin Long's never been a good actor. And kinda dragged the "I'm a Mac" ads down, IMO.

GothPunk

What? He's cute when he plays those nerdy, shy guys who you just want to hug. That and he looks better with short hair.
He's okay in Jeepers Creepers, but in Galaxy Quest I just held it against him that he was such a stereotypical bumbling nerd. That film is so good though, I mean Alan Rickman AND Sigourney Weaver in the same movie? I might have to watch it again some time soon.

Thanks man, I credit the deadlifts and pull-ups. I just wish I could have arms like Apollo's in BSG. So jelly.
We've been doing these intense sets of barbell curls, that KILL. They work wonders though. I love pull ups, we start every workout with 5 * 10. I feel like I could lift anything after that lubrication.

Not saying he's a great actor but he plays the nerdy guys well.

He's okay in Jeepers Creepers, but in Galaxy Quest I just held it against him that he was such a stereotypical bumbling nerd. That film is so good though, I mean Alan Rickman AND Sigourney Weaver in the same movie? I might have to watch it again some time soon.

Well he's tried to mold himself into leading man and it just doesn't suit him. He doesn't have the chops to pull it off.

Delio

Justin Long's never been a good actor. And kinda dragged the "I'm a Mac" ads down, IMO.

but the face!

justinlong.jpg

Meicyn

Gold Member
I knew it. You look good. Love the biceps. Hit the gym a lot? I go as well.

EDIT: no problem, saw the extra spoiler
I workout during the weekdays, MWF no weights, TT with weights. Pull-ups are by far my favorite exercise.

My biceps are great but my pecs and shoulders are lacking. They're a constant work in progress. Probably will be a full year before they get to where I want them.

Mark1

I workout during the weekdays, MWF no weights, TT with weights. Pull-ups are by far my favorite exercise.

My biceps are great but my pecs and shoulders are lacking. They're a constant work in progress. Probably will be a full year before they get to where I want them.
I'm working my muscles a lot, but not at the moment cos I'm in Florida ATM. The problem is I've hit a fuckin plateau and my muscles are not growing down to diet issues.

But I love your biceps. :)

You know what? You're dead right. For some reason the 'I'm so nerdy I can barely function in modern society' thing actually works. Shame that movie made absolutely no sense.
It's a good movie.

Delio

I'm working my muscles a lot, but not at the moment cos I'm in Florida ATM. The problem is I've hit a fuckin plateau and my muscles are not growing down to diet issues.

But I love your biceps. :).

OH your in florida as well? That is where are pics are from. We stayed there for a week. Parn is a local that came and stayed with us ^_^

Mark1

OH your in florida as well? That is where are pics are from. We stayed there for a week. Parn is a local that came and stayed with us ^_^
Did I not say I was here? Or was that someone else I was talking to? I couldn't make it to meet you guys.

Edit: Anyway, it's sleep time for me. Night my men!

Hige

Being 'shy', afraid of pain or whatnot is just you being too lazy to start and finding excuses not to. You wanna change and not put any kind of effort into it? Tough shit, ain't gonna happen. (I mean 'you' in a more general sense, not you Mr Zombie personally :))
That seems a bit harsh, what about people with anxiety disorders?

I want to move back to CA. I'm missing the comfortable weather. Santa Montica seems like a nice place to live.

Edit: post a face pic victor :)

Holy Crap! that new USA show about the undercover cops. Just caught the beginning of it and the one guy with his shirt off

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think 30kg is a good amount to start off with, because nomatter your starting point it shouldn't be too heavy, but it would be heavy enough for you to feel the burn. If you find them too hard to do at first, to start off you could hug a weight to your chest with your back against a wall, and focusing on your legs squat down and up using the wall to support yourself. You want to imagine that your feet are glued to the floor and you're pushing your body up against them - you want to focus on your legs and ass doing all the work. When I do them, I tense my abs and stick my butt out a bit so that it doesn't hurt my back. We squat 80kg at the moment, I get light headed after 4 * 10 reps of that sometimes, haha.

I think to start off I will try the wall/chest hug method and then work my way up to the regular kind. When I squat against the wall, do I just sort of assume a sitting position, or should I go all the way down to the floor with my ass touching the ground?

sphinx

the piano man
@Sagitario,
holy shit at the transformation of that guy...

and I liked Justin Long in that chickflick movie "He is not that into you" but yeah he's no leading actor material, just a good, competent, supporting actor.

Mark1

Man, I keep having dreams about my straight guy crush. Do I need to have my own boyfriend to stop these? I really like him.

mantidor

You people...

Drag me to Hell is an amazing movie, on of the few Raimi masterpieces since The Evil Dead, the movie is hilarious and disturbing, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :p

Too bad he had to make that monstrosity called Spiderman 3.

I went to the beach on Saturday... and felt bad about my body :(

I guess +1 for having unrealistic physical standards. But I think I hold myself to much higher standards than I do others. In fact, if I list all the guys I've "dated" for a while or had a relationship with, none of them had an ideal body and it didn't bother me.

excuses excuses.

I disagree. (then again I don't think free will exists, but let's not even go there)

Blaming obesity on "gluttony and sloth" is an outdated view in medicine and healthcare. Similarly, people used to (and still do, unfortunately) stigmatize people with certain mental disorders for being weak-willed or whatever, as if someone can "will themselves" out of it if they only tried hard enough. Again, very unscientific.

For some people, being unable to exercise might be due to "laziness" or "excuses" as you say, but for many, perhaps the majority, it's much more complicated than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom