• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using it for the last few days and still have 20 followers and no more than a dozen likes. Meanwhile there are guys with thousands of followers. I can't even get a mirrorshot properly. #gayloser

they probably are the types that add anyone and everyone. myspace whores all over.

Trigger

I've been using it for the last few days and still have 20 followers and no more than a dozen likes. Meanwhile there are guys with thousands of followers. I can't even get a mirrorshot properly. #gayloser

But you're cute from what I've seen. You don't need tons of followers. Quality over quantity.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I met this guy who goes to my university on a trip. Assumed he's gay... just cuz of gaydar and all that stuff. I thought he was kinda cute and seemed okay... maybe a bit eccentric but nothing major.

Looked him up on Facebook. Super conservative and weird homeschooled kid.

1JsQqnq.jpg

Dany

Banned
I like to pretend my physics TA is gay. Makes his homophobism easier to handle when I see him power lifting.

I met this guy who goes to my university on a trip. Assumed he's gay... just cuz of gaydar and all that stuff. I thought he was kinda cute and seemed okay... maybe a bit eccentric but nothing major.

1JsQqnq.jpg

it's a coverup. he's actually super closeted and ready to become a lotus.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Instagram is depressing. Not recommended if you have insecurities about your looks/body.

Says a person that is gorgeous and doesn't need to have body issues.

Gurl, please... who are you foolin'?

Trigger

But you might still have a chance with him. Maybe.

bsej87

Man, nothing is worse than TA'ing a kid all semester only to have them bust out with casual homophobia and make you want to fail them.

catmincer

So a website published this delightful article

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/8402842/Syphilis-back-with-a-vengeance

With choice quotes such as

"Syphilis fuelled by iPhone applications such as Grindr have "come back with a vengeance" among Christchurch's young homosexual community."

and my favourite:

"Sexual health physicians say the Government needs to take immediate action before the infection spreads into the heterosexual community, where it has the potential to claim the lives of unborn children." except nobody interviewed in the article says anything close to that!

So furious /rant.

Dead Man

More importantly though, you are hot and interesting. Fuck instagram.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Wow, that's depressing and frustrating.
Yeah. I don't want to buy my own cutlery just for ice cream. I once broke a spoon trying to eat a pint of ice cream because the ice cream was still frozen and my spoon techniques need work. It was three AM and I was sitting in the middle of a park eating ice cream and listening to Idle Thumbs and then my spoon broke and I had to go back to 7 Eleven and buy a water bottle so that I didn't just go in and take a spoon and then my hands were full and it was awful.

More importantly though, you are hot and interesting. Fuck instagram.

Shucks.

I don't even get this. Is there some community of people that use Instagram to broadcast selfies publicly? I use it to share food pics and found things with friends.

Pretty much, it's like Grindr lite. I used it before to take pics of food, toys, games. Then I discovered that if you preface a word with hashtag it shows you pictures with the hashtag. For example: #scruff and pictures that ppl all over who have used that hashtag in the description of their pic will show up. But then use see all these gorgeous unhumanly attractive ppl and it seems like the whole planet is sexy as fuck with the physiques of Olympians and the looks of GQ models and you start to question your sanity. Lol.

I had a similar reaction with Facebook. Sometimes I wonder of social media, social apps and technology isn't making us feel more alienated.

Opiate

The makeup thread makes me wonder how hot men would look if it was socially acceptable for us to wear makeup.

I think the comparable difference for guys is hair styling. I'm aware girls can style their hair, too, but it is rarely socially acceptable to shave it completely off, as it is for guys (not saying it should be socially unacceptable for girls to do this, mind you, just that it is in the same way guys aren't supposed to wear make up).

I shaved my head about 2 years ago and I was almost unrecognizable to my friends. It has pretty dramatic impacts on the appearance of your face; the lines of my face were more pronounced, jawline looked even stronger, etc. Of course, unlike women with makeup, the effect of shaving your head as a guy is very unpredictable. Most girls are perceived to be prettier with at least some makeup; for guys, shaving your head can work out or it can look very odd. The comparison is only "this can make you look like a totally different person."

I think the comparable difference for guys is hair styling. I'm aware girls can style their hair, too, but it is rarely socially acceptable to shave it completely off, as it is for guys (not saying it should be socially unacceptable for girls to do this, mind you, just that it is in the same way guys aren't supposed to wear make up).

I shaved my head about 2 years ago and I was almost unrecognizable to my friends. It has pretty dramatic impacts on the appearance of your face; the lines of my face were more pronounced, jawline looked even stronger, etc. Of course, unlike women with makeup, the effect of shaving your head as a guy is very unpredictable. Most girls are perceived to be prettier with at least some makeup; for guys, shaving your head can work out or it can look very odd. The comparison is only "this can make you look like a totally different person."

I shaved my head and was completely bald for almost 4 months during my chemo. I felt like a completely different person without my hair. It really did change my appearance, although lots of people complimented me and said it looked nice.

I was happy to grow the hair back, although now instead of my hair being thick and straight, it's thin and slightly curly. Got my first haircut yesterday! Just a trim though.

tumblr_m91049fB741r6klheo1_500.gif

Alrus

I don't want to derail this thread that much but could you tell me the name of the guy you had as your avatar?
It feels weird now that he is gone, he was super hot.

That was me :p (forgot to change avatar after rpj and didn't really bother until now) Thanks for the compliment haha :)

Do gay people in general have a proclivity for gaming? A disproportionate amount of gay people I've known have been into it, but I only know about 30, so it's not really enough to make a generalization

Do gay people in general have a proclivity for gaming? A disproportionate amount of gay people I've known have been into it, but I only know about 30, so it's not really enough to make a generalization

I think gay people have a proclivity (word of the day) for owning Vita's. And playing pokemon.

daripad

That was me :p (forgot to change avatar after rpj and didn't really bother until now) Thanks for the compliment haha :)
Ha I didn't know that, then you are welcome (at my house :p)

The next story has some strong content so just read it if you want, and I need some advice so I warned you:

I went to swimming classes with a hot guy (who is not my friend but we know each other very well) when we were leaving he was a bit in a hurry and the changing(?) rooms were occupied. Then one got empty and he told me to change together in that room to get out quickly. I was shocked but I couldn't see him naked because I knew I would have an erection while changing my clothes and be ashamed for that since I am supposed to be catholic so I shouldn't be gay. But I had a bit of an erection anyway! I hid it ASAP so he didn't see that.
Could you tell me how to keep my penis from getting erected? I don't want this to happen every Saturday that we are going to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom