• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerg

I went to an all-boys school and changed with everyone else, even after everyone found out that I was gay. *shrug*

mantidor

So...this guy is either the biggest troll or he really DOES want me. He went and got a new webcam just so he can talk to me better. I had him looking up hotels so he could come stay a few days up here with me.

I'm..honestly a bit worried about him coming here. We have already discussed it and sex will probably happen. But I'll be honest it's been a little while. I don't want to fail at this.

Please. please exercise caution, everything else, I'm so happy for you :D

edit: remember all these guys will be here for you. :D

sphinx

the piano man
Today has just been one if those depressing days to me. See a really hot gay couple at J Crew and wonder if ill ever find someone. Weeks of looking through the okc profile and only getting old or overweight people talking to me on Grindr.

I hate the gay community sometimes because it just seems like everyone is only into six packs or perfect movie star looks etc etc. I hate myself even because I am picky about looks and I must be out if that league to ever find someone who likes me. On top of that I have no gay friends or anything so I doubt I'll ever meet anyone in person. Obviously I don't really hate the community and they're not all like that but it just feels like it sometimes. What did I do to get stuck with average (below avg??) looks.

JUST SO FRUSTRATING.

not to be pessimistic but I don't think you'll find what you are looking for in Okcupid or similar dating sites. They are fun to use, sometimes, but its purpose is mainly to see and be seen.

but if you want other kind of audience to look at your OKcupid profile, change your settings to "looking for guys between XX - YY years of age" and OKcupid will stop showing your profile to guys that are outside of that age bracket. oh and I very much suspect, OKcupid will suggest guys with bodies similar to yours. I put "fit" and all suggestions I get are about guys with a similar body, aka, no skinny guys, not super muscled, not overweight, just fit/atheltic.

It's a bit pointless though, 80% of the profiles with potential are way to far away to ever serve any purpose other than the occasional " you are hot!" message.

Sagitario

It's a bit pointless though, 80% of the profiles with potential are way to far away to ever serve any purpose other than the occasional " you are hot!" message.
Hey... better than nothing, right? [
which reminds me of RP
]
The only time I tried OKC, the nearest guy was in another country. Closed the account after 1 night (I spent/wasted more time answering the stupid questions).

sphinx

the piano man
Hey... better than nothing, right? [
which reminds me of RP
]
The only time I tried OKC, the nearest guy was in another country. Closed the account after 1 night (I spent/wasted more time answering the stupid questions).

lol, I meant the message you send other people, not the ones you receive, those are even less frequent, hehe.

and yes, OKcupid is pointless outside of the US, don't know about Canada.

sphinx

the piano man
Well, from my experience it's been pretty good in London.

yes, I can see it being a good dating site for guys in the UK

the thing I notice in OKC is that everybody is beautiful :O everybody has this close-up pics with impeccable skin, perfect facial traits, or with muscles showing under their clothes or wearing a suit having dinner in a fancy restaurant in New York or Paris, everyone there behaves like a hollywood star.

I wonder whether there are any guys-next.door there.

There are maybe 3 people on OKCupid in my entire country. Never got any benefit from it, but I got addicted to answering the questions for a while.

Grindr, Scruff, and Manjam have been serving me very well lately. I'm amazed at the pull I have with guys in their 20's (which is my ideal). I'm chatting with so many hot guys at the same time that I lose track of who is who or who said what.

There's one guy I started talking to yesterday, he sent me many pictures and every one of them makes me melt. He doesn't have perfect looks, but he's what I would call "boyfriend material". I'm not sure how to explain it, but I tend to "fall for" guys who don't quite have a face or body that I would call ideal. Maybe it's because the prefect 10s are too intimidating to think about having a relationship with?

sphinx

the piano man
There's one guy I started talking to yesterday, he sent me many pictures and every one of them makes me melt. He doesn't have perfect looks, but he's what I would call "boyfriend material". I'm not sure how to explain it, but I tend to "fall for" guys who don't quite have a face or body that I would call ideal. Maybe it's because the prefect 10s are too intimidating to think about having a relationship with?

I found grindr to be a pretty poor way to get to meet people. It was only one time that I saw a picture that compelled me to initiate communication, all other times I was like "I am not sure I like them, why bother". That being said, I meet a couple of guys that provided A LOT of entretainment there but that was in Mexico, here in Germany it's a mostly a dead app.

regarding the perfect 10-guys, I feel the same way. "Good" pictures put me off, I don't understand why.

I am more likely to feel attracted to a guy if he presents himself like he is in real life. A pic of a guy sitting on his couch wearing shorts, shirtless, watching tv, with his feet on the table has a better chance of capturing my attention that those clear, almost air-brushed passport pics with a close-up of their faces, those do nothing for me.

sruckus

not to be pessimistic but I don't think you'll find what you are looking for in Okcupid or similar dating sites. They are fun to use, sometimes, but its purpose is mainly to see and be seen.

but if you want other kind of audience to look at your OKcupid profile, change your settings to "looking for guys between XX - YY years of age" and OKcupid will stop showing your profile to guys that are outside of that age bracket. oh and I very much suspect, OKcupid will suggest guys with bodies similar to yours. I put "fit" and all suggestions I get are about guys with a similar body, aka, no skinny guys, not super muscled, not overweight, just fit/atheltic.

There seems to be plenty in cbus but I get no response. Grindr is a little different since most are just guys taking shirtless photos with a six pack. But I've still messages plenty of people on both that I don't even see the body but just have a cute face...I never know what to say though to start a conversation. I've tried asking how they're doing, mentioning they're cute, or mentioning something they mentioned that I also like or enjoy. Nada.

How do you all meet people? I know most people tend to say "don't look just live your life and you'll find it" blah blah but I don't like being alone and I don't like being a fucking virgin at 25. I'm on my way to loving the movie.

Meicyn

Gold Member
How has gaymercon been so far? That was that kickstarter thing no?
A lot more people turned out than I thought. It's likely this'll be a lot bigger for future cons now that people know that this is a successful thing that gets a good turnout.

god this just makes me think of pax

i can't wait for pax

ungghahg;akjs;dlkjf

have a good timeeee
Dance Central is here yaaaaaaaaasss

I guess I got lucky when it came to high school, I didn't know I was gay back then. But even since I was a kid I didn't want to change with other people, but now I'll change in front of my friend. It's not like we get naked in front of eachother lol.

Me and my boyfriend are naked around eachother all the time lol.

I'm not really into looks, as long as they have a nice smile it doesn't bother me about their body. God knows I'm a bit chubby and I'm basically considered a bear as I'm so hairy lol.

Pikmin 3 today, finally Wii U game onslaught begins! :D

Admission time:

I met my best friend and my boyfriend on Grindr. Also my ex on Grindr lol. But you don't make a relationship just out of that. I think of it like speed dating where you don't have to know much about a person before hand, you learn when you meet them.

Your boyfriend is pissing me off. Does he ever leave the house?
Sometimes. He's supposedly trying to find a job. He wants to go to church, I think it's kind of hypocritical to go to a place where you aren't welcome because of your sexuality.

Finguo

Hello people! Just stepped by to finally say hi. Been lurking the lgbt threads for years, but never bothered to post. Probably because I felt I had nothing worthwhile to tell, haha.
Anyway I'm a 29 years old guy from Berlin, Germany and wondering if there are other fellow Berliners in this thread. Let me know.
Also just read the post by sruckus and it totally speaks my mind, wow. Can't post more right now since I'm on my phone, will be back later. Cheers!

How do you guys feel about tan lines on a guy? I'm talking about a swimwear tan line (like speedo or shorts), not farmers tan or some other.

I've always found tan lines to be very sexy on guys (mostly from internet pics). The way it frames and highlights the butt, and gives that feeling of looking at something that is not supposed to be exposed.

I started tanning nude (in private, at home) since I was a teen and continued to do so ever since, so I didn't have any tan line in forever.

I think part of the reason why I didn't want to have one is because I try to create artistic/erotic photos using my naked body, and I don't think a tan line would be favorable for the ones that aim to be artistic (although it could help with certain erotic photos I suppose).

But yesterday I decided to start working on building up a tan line. Was torn between going for the Speedo vs. the short shorts vs. long board shorts look. I chose a brief that almost fully covers the butt cheeks and has wide sides and front coverage (not a fan of skimpy biniki tan lines), and sun bathed in it the first day. I didn't like the results, as a small area under each cheek was exposed, so today I did it with a boxerbrief that just only extends slightly below the butt and I like the result a lot more, but it still needs tweaking (want to lower the waistband a little).

Haha, can't believe I went through all this detail for this post. I guess what I want to say is that I'm deliberately giving myself a tan line because I think it looks hot and I hope guys I have sex with would find it hot too. But I know that not everyone likes tan lines, and some people think they are a turn off, so that's worrying me a bit. Also worried about potentially ruining photos I was planning to take soon :/

How do you feel about tan lines? Hot or not or indifferent? Speedo vs shorts?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I went to an all-boys school and changed with everyone else, even after everyone found out that I was gay. *shrug*

Tell us some stories.

Hello people! Just stepped by to finally say hi. Been lurking the lgbt threads for years, but never bothered to post. Probably because I felt I had nothing worthwhile to tell, haha.
Anyway I'm a 29 years old guy from Berlin, Germany and wondering if there are other fellow Berliners in this thread. Let me know.
Also just read the post by sruckus and it totally speaks my mind, wow. Can't post more right now since I'm on my phone, will be back later. Cheers!

Welcome! Gay or bi?

How do you guys feel about tan lines on a guy? I'm talking about a swimwear tan line (like speedo or shorts), not farmers tan or some other.

I think a farmer's tan is really hot - it's so rustic and sexy! Speedo tans are a huge turn off - they always look too manufactured to me. Shorts tanline is the same as a farmer's tan. Supes hawt.

_Isaac

I think a farmer's tan is really hot - it's so rustic and sexy! Speedo tans are a huge turn off - they always look too manufactured to me. Shorts tanline is the same as a farmer's tan. Supes hawt.

Speedo tans and shorts tans are both hot to me. Farmer's tans aren't hot for me at all though. It reminds me too much of my own farmer's tan. :/

Welcome!

soco

I know Sphinx was talking about outside the US, but I think both OKCupid and Grindr and the like are fine for meeting people, but it somewhat depends on your personality. I've got a quite a few friends who have met through OKCupid and are happy even years later. I've also met quite a few awesome people on Grindr and the like. I mostly meet with no expectations because I don't have enough time to really put into a relationship at the moment, but some of the ones from grindr i still talk with and meet up for drinks or whatever...

gerg

Tell us some stories.

lol There are none to tell.

There seems to be plenty in cbus but I get no response. Grindr is a little different since most are just guys taking shirtless photos with a six pack. But I've still messages plenty of people on both that I don't even see the body but just have a cute face...I never know what to say though to start a conversation. I've tried asking how they're doing, mentioning they're cute, or mentioning something they mentioned that I also like or enjoy. Nada.

How do you all meet people? I know most people tend to say "don't look just live your life and you'll find it" blah blah but I don't like being alone and I don't like being a fucking virgin at 25. I'm on my way to loving the movie.

In many ways it will always boil down to luck. I've had four dates in the two months since I've been using OKC in London (which I'd consider quite low, actually, although ymmv), but that was on the back of messaging probably in the region of around 30 guys, most of whom never got back to me. I know that sphinx said upthread that dating apps are mainly a way to see people and be seen by them, but ultimately that is the only sure-fire way to try to meet people: All you can do is place yourself in social situations (be they online or otherwise) where you can talk to people. Unfortunately, there's not much else you can do except ensure that you are an interesting person yourself. : P

If anything, sites like OKC and apps like Grindr should absolutely encourage you to be as proactive and as risk-taking as possible, because you've got nothing to lose. It takes all of five minutes to bang out a short, 500-word (or less) message. I think at one point I was messaging someone new every night - you don't know what may happen.

gerg

You went to an all boys school for how many years and you're telling me you don't have any stories to tell?! Youth is wasted on the young.

Jesus, yeah, my life was so boring not having sex all those years. Gosh, it's like I almost had other things that made my life fulfilling, or maybe I just had a difficult time at school.

But, you're right, I didn't have sex until I was 20, so I guess I've failed at life already. I guess I should just throw myself off a bridge.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Jesus, yeah, my life was so boring not having sex all those years.

I agree.

Gosh, it's like I almost had other things that made my life fulfilling

Other things that fulfilled you sexually? Hm?

or maybe I just had a difficult time at school.

Aww, *hugz*

But, you're right, I didn't have sex until I was 20, so I guess I've failed at life already. I guess I should just throw myself off a bridge.

Well, let's not be overly dramatic here. All that matters is that you're having sex now. Wait until you're old and gross and no one wants to have sex with you anymore before you start considering suicide.

Alcoori

Jesus, yeah, my life was so boring not having sex all those years. Gosh, it's like I almost had other things that made my life fulfilling, or maybe I just had a difficult time at school.

I had sex for the first time at 20, there's no failure in that. 8 years later, I can safely say my sexual life is way more fulfilling and accomplished than most of my friends who started earlier.

gerg

I had sex for the first time at 20, there's no failure in that. 8 years later, I can safely say my sexual life is way more fulfilling and accomplished than most of my friends who started earlier.

I was being sarcastic, because, tbh, I found RatskyWatsky's incredulity that I could happily go through secondary school without having wild sex-fuelled orgies quite offensive.

Hot, definitely speedos.

I've been tanning a LOT in a tanning bed this past few months, wish I didn't tan naked, since I got a big triangular white, untanned area above my crack and on my shoulder blades. :(

Been taking melanotan injections as well, with the ugly liver spots appearing in my face just like clockwork. :(

Finguo

Welcome! Gay or bi?
Gay. And single ;-). Or no, a :-( is actually more fitting in this case... Usually the guys I'm into are heterosexual, haha. Classic story I guess.
Have been doing the online stuff for a couple of years now. Started with gayromeo, which is very popular in Europe, and recently okcupid. But deleted both accounts after having too many disappointing meet ups. I'm pretty sure now that online does not work for me, so I've started approaching guys in real life lately, but well, I still have a long way to go, haha.
At least there is no shortness of gay bars in Berlin, so lots of room to play ;-).

daripad

I agree with every single word there. I never thought I would ever agree with you lol

Woah I always thought most people found farmer's tan unattractive. I have a really crazy farmer's tan.

Nah, they're very hot and that makes their body look more natural.

I do have both farmer's and shorts tan lines, the weather here is very sunny everyday and I have to do some garden work (?) here plus I do jogging everyday (though I do it more frequently at night).

An all boys school sounds boring .-.

Girls are cool to hang out with too!

From my experience I prefer having male friends than girl friends. Girls always save their gossip for themselves and don't have much interests in common with me. Boys are more about having fun and doing silly jokes but I kind of enjoy it.

But I always end up having more girl friends than male friends, though lately that has changed a lot, so in a year or so I will have more male friends due to school and other activities I do or not do anymore.

Ahasverus

I can't stand "girl friends" really, I have good acquintances but I feel girls are boring, that't the biggest problem I have with them! The day i find a beautiful girl with the ambition, mistery and deepness of a man that day i'd turn heterosexual for her, but god women I know are booring.

I can't stand "girl friends" really, I have good acquintances but I feel girls are boring, that't the biggest problem I have with them! The day i find a beautiful girl with the ambition, mistery and deepness of a man that day i'd turn heterosexual for her, but god women I know are booring.
I don't think all girls are boring,there's some really interesting people no matter what gender they are.Just like there are some really shitty and mean people no matter what gender they are. Male or Female, what matters is who they are inside and their personality.

It sounds really cheesy and stupid but that's what I really think :D

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I can't stand most people. LOL

...with the ambition, mistery and deepness of a man.
Who are these people I don't think they exist.

To generalize I think women are more likely to be more socially refined, and they can be better at expressing their feelings too which can mean that I'm more likely to feel comfortable around them because I generally find a sense of security around more harmonious and emotionally literate people.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Show me a picture(s) of a farmer's tan that looks sexy. I don't think I've ever seen one I liked.

GVfGJ01.jpg

QR3xXPQ.jpg

I wouldn't turn those guys away, but I think they'd look hotter either with no tan or a full one. Farmer's tan always looks off to me... I guess it probably depends on what you've grown up with and used to seeing.

On another note, I think I over did it with the tanning today, my neck and shoulders hurt :(

Even though I've been tanning regularity since spring, just staying for a longer amount of time in the sun for one day is enough to cause a burn? Damn Sun, why you don't play nice

Ugh my boyfriend was just out there in the living room watching porn and jerking off. He tries to hide it when I walk out there but I know him better than that. What a bitch not inviting me <_<

Sibylus

Banned
Ugh my boyfriend was just out there in the living room watching porn and jerking off. He tries to hide it when I walk out there but I know him better than that. What a bitch not inviting me <_<
For how much you and your boyfriend seemingly dislike each other... why remain a couple?

I broke up
during sex
with the guy I was "dating" who worked/lived out of town. I felt like crap (I guess he felt even worse).
We'll probably keep in touch, he's a nice guy but he got way too serious way too fast and he doesn't even live here, so that's not very appealing to me.

Now I feel like I have a problem (I have broken up with 3 guys over the past 14 months).

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I broke up
during sex
with the guy I was "dating" who worked/lived out of town. I felt like crap (I guess he felt even worse).
We'll probably keep in touch, he's a nice guy but he got way too serious way too fast and he doesn't even live here, so that's not very appealing to me.

Now I feel like I have a problem (I have broken up with 3 guys over the past 14 months).

Broke up during sex. o_O How does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom