• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
not hating or anything...but I prefer my men with "Guy next door" looks.

Men that look like extremely beautiful underwear models do nothing for me.

Sorry, NS :p

I love the guy next door look too. But these two definitely "do something for me"... I'm not asking which one you'd marry :p

But yeah, preferences and all, that theme again.

More faces!

60BFj3g.jpg

nXHBElZ.jpg

kHn1Ndv.jpg

zKElVWu.jpg

hMQU6qZ.jpg

Glasses!

vTzXv6G.gif

I know they don't represent much diversity in taste, but they're what came up at short notice.

RM8

A friend of a friend saw a guy I used to find cute kissing other guy at a bar. My mind is blown :O My totally scientific Facebook analysis didn't give me one single reason to think he was anything but straight. I'm pretty sure he's bi given the circumstances. I probably haven't talked to him in like 1.5 years, and I'm not really involved with gaming tournament organizing these days (he has won several Halo tournaments in the city and helped me and my fighting-oriented friends to organize Halo events), though, and I'm clearly late anyway, lol.

He's so handsome and scruffy and rock-ish and low-voiced and great at shooters :p I wouldn't mind dating a guy like him.

More faces!.
First and last for me.

Kind of weird thing happened to me, I was grocery shopping with my dad last week and saw this great looking 30-ish guy walking around, I saw him looking at me, and even caught him looking after me while I was walking away. Then he stood behind me in check-out, I noticed him looking at me again, so I looked back and smiled and yadayada.
The next day, I was there again, I walked past him on my way in, with him looking at me again, it felt really weird.

I didn't think much of it, but then when I logged on to a gay community yesterdat he had written to me, "Do you like to go grocery shopping dude? What's up?" lol, I haven't even specified where I live on my profile, so no clue on how he found me.
Never thought that would happen in a small city of 30000 people, lol.

Nobody likes #3? He looks like a better-looking Justin Timberlake, and also a bit like the guy I dated recently for a few days (until he realized how much of an introvert I am, lol).

RM8

1- Perfect
2- Gosling
3- Just okay I guess
4- Nope
5- Nope
6- Nope
7- Perfect

Disclaimer: My real-life standards might not be so ridiculous :p

1- Perfect
2- Gosling
3- Just okay I guess
4- Nope
5- Nope
6- Nope
7- Perfect

Disclaimer: My real-life standards might not be so ridiculous :p

Oh wow, and I thought I was picky :p

I'd be interested in seeing others post guys whose faces they find attractive, preferably non-celebrity.

Faces > bodies. But I'm not that picky, really, it's just that we're rating model-like guys on an internet forum :p

If we're posting faces, here are two fellow Mehickan dudes I find rather easy on the eyes:

Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez.

Luis Ernesto Franco.

And non-Mexican Nishikido Ryo.

1. Aside from the dark patch on his lip, and the ear piercing, he's hot.
2. Not bad
3. Nope

I like this game :p

Kangi

Wait, what are we doing? Judging these guys in the pictures? Let's see, so far...

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,

Rm88~ said:
Nishikido Ryo

yes. But not when he's pretending to be serious. I like goofy guys.

Lol, I actually prefer 2 and 3 over 1. Maybe I used bad pics? Nishikido is uber handsome, goofy, upbeat and overall awesome. His smile is his strongest point IMO:

But he's good at serious too <3

I don't know what it is about #2, maybe it's the depressed/bony cheeks, and that smug expression.

These pics of Nishikido are better. He is very handsome. But I'm one of those "racist" people (sigh) who is rarely attracted to a non-white guy (although I'm realizing lately that my palate is not as limited as I once thought; I'm finding a lot of tan-skinned middle eastern guys very attractive, but they tend to have Caucasian-like facial structures), and I'm not a fan of the Emo/Final Fantasy character IRL look (referring to the bottom two pics).

Another weird thing about me is that I'm almost never attracted to a man who is older than me :/

Nishikido is 29, 4 years older than me. If he doesn't mind then I don't mind :D

Yeah I wasn't referring to him, just a general quirk about me.

On the other hand I know a lot of guys who don't date younger than themselves, and many who prefer much older (works for me!)

RM8

I'm okay with -a bit- younger than me, and I don't mind older guys. If we get along and like each other then age is not really an obstacle for me. That being said, an extreme age gap scares me a bit for a long term relationship. I feel it may bring some issues related to basically living different phases of our lives.

Alrus

I thought a guy next door was a just a "normal" dude who looks good to you despite not having a top model super perfect body...

Why the need to make it about skin color? Dear god... Guess someone needed to fulfill its self-loathing post quota for the day...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I thought a guy next door was a just a "normal" dude who looks good to you despite not having a top model super perfect body...

Why the need to make it about skin color? Dear god... Guess someone needed to fulfill its self-loathing post quota for the day...

Because in the straight and gay media the "guy next door" is almost always a white guy with a nice smile who everyone generally likes. It's the same with "all American guy" type.

RM8

Says the guy with the white boy avatar...

Why do we have to talk down on other people's preferences in this thread? It seems to be a recurring theme when white guys are admired.
Humans love arguing pointlessly about preferences. See console wars or even worse, phone OS wars. I thought I was reading a parody the first time I encountered an iOS vs Android war.

He... kind of looks like you in that fourth one.
Lol, I could only wish :p

Humans love arguing pointlessly about preferences. See console wars or even worse, phone OS wars. I thought I was reading a parody the first time I encountered an iOS vs Android war.

But I've never seen anyone here say a bad thing about non-white ethnicities, while the haters get a free pass for calling white guys "boring" or "generic".

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Why do we have to talk down on other people's preferences in this thread? It seems to be a recurring theme when white guys are admired.
It's less a matter of demeaning other people's tastes and more about the fact that posting a wall of photos that are supposed to be rated despite the fact that each person photographed is a young, bearded, white guy makes the thread dull and has become part of its cycle.

I like the people who post in this thread, and I wish there was more of a discussion occurring instead of endless picture rating. This is now the fourth gay thread. At this point, everybody knows about every other poster's taste in men, and maybe we don't need to keep rating and having arguments about it.

gerg

Says the guy with the white boy avatar...

Personally, I think there's a lot to unpack when it comes to how and why certain preferences become established.

I know it may not seem directly relevant, but a model named Cameron Russell gave a TED talk last year about her experience in the modelling industry. During this she quoted a statistic that, "in 2007... of the 677 models that were hired, only 27, or less than four percent, were non-white". At least in the West, I don't see how it would be controversial to state that being white (or, failing that, fair-skinned) is an aesthetic advantage - being Caucasian is a privilege, and many people are disadvantaged for not sharing that.

Ultimately, you are merely stating a preference, and to a degree that's non-problematic. But at the same time, I think there is a problem when people say that they like the "guy next door" look, and then proceed to post several pictures of all-white men, not least because I think it's unrealistic. I would love to know if there are any statistics on this, but what percentage of "guys next door" are non-white? I imagine quite a lot.

Plus, while the focus may be on looks here, ultimately the concept of the "guy next door" is more than that - it suggests a somewhat soft, chummy feel that is as much about character as it is about anything else. So why is it that, if only implicitly, non-white men are excluded from these characterisations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom