• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrus

Wentworth Miller came out ^_^

Heh I remember rumors about him dating a while while back. Good for him anyway.

Edit: Holy shit he's 41? He looks so young.

What's more shocking is the dude is 41.

edit: I wonder if he was the guy from that reddit link earlier.

Doubt it, the reddit actor said he was going to get engaged/married to some famous actress/model he's been with for a while. I still say it's Ryan Gosling.

scarlet

It's not Ryan Gosling, I have proof from a story about him another GAFfer told.

I'm going to need receipts.

OPSh3Ej.gif

Alrus

Now, I wonder if the reddit AMA guy is Hugh Jackman.

Can't be Hugh Jackman, he's already married. Guy in the reddit post isn't. (His girlfriend expects him to).

I'm still going with Ryan Gosling, everything checks out :p But honestly I have no idea who it could be and I guess we'll never know... Well until the guy retires from acting at least.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now, I wonder if the reddit AMA guy is Hugh Jackman.

It's not Jackman. He's married and he seems pretty into his wife from interviews unless he's a meta-actor-actor.

I'd say Clooney, but I think he's married.

Channing Tatum could possibly be it
or it's me channeling spite toward a friend over him being all over Magic Mike and not Matt. >:|
, but I extremely doubt that and he doesn't give me Gay vibes.

Wentworth Miller came out ^_^

Finally? Hon, he was out for a while. Just I guess the glass closet he was in finally ran out of air.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
George Clooney isn't married.

Well, he's also nearly 50(?) now so that excludes him from the "young" category that post lists. But it's been rumored he isn't so straight in circles.

RM8

Guise. What do you think of the "men and women can't be friends" mindset? I think it's funny because in our case... well, I have basically only male friends, and I don't want to sleep with them, lol. So it blows my mind when people say males and females can't be "just friends" (I hate "just friends" BTW, because in my eyes, friends > romance). It's like. Maybe if you're super desperate and see every single male/female as a potential partner? But otherwise I don't believe it. People with compatible personalities can be friends regardless of their gender, IMO.

So I told my Mom I discovered that I had a cousin at school today, but she was from my Grandpa's other family. She said that she was probably ugly and I told her that she was pretty good looking. Then she instantly started saying how dangerous incest was and shit and I was just like "Mom what? I'm just telling you I found out she's my cousin" and she told me I was crazy because I didn't want to hear anything about girls and then I just internally laughed all the way to my room.

Maybe I fucked up? idk, it was really weird.

RM8

Your mother is weird.

"DON'T HAVE SEX WITH YOUR COUSIN".

"WHAT? YOU DON'T FANCY YOUR COUSIN? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

I've heard/read somewhere iirc that men and women can be friends but at some point they will fall in love.

I agree with that.
Do you think then, gay guys eventually fall in love with their friends? Has this been your case?

RM8

I disagree, really. Not only because it's never happened to me, but in your case it has "only" happened twice. So yeah, to me it's clear that people can be friends even if they're from genders they're attracted to.

Grakl

I really dunno why people believe that if they have friends with the gender they prefer, they will always eventually fall in love with those friends. There's no reason to believe that in the first place.

bsej87

If that's true then it must be the slowest burn ever as I've got quite a few multi-year friendships with straight males where there is absolutely no desire for a relationship.

scarlet

When you feel lonely/sad/etc and you only have your best friends to talk, gheir ahouldwrs to cry on again and again and again for a long time.

That kind of situation and condition could make you fall for them.

i wish english is my 1st language, so i could explain my point properly

bsej87

I don't think anyone's arguing against it being a possibility, but rather that it's an exception and not an inevitable development

gerg

I don't think anyone's arguing against it being a possibility, but rather that it's an exception and not an inevitable development

Definitely. Part of what can make complaints about being "friendzoned" so often annoying is the suggestion that being in a relationship is the inherent reward of being a good friend.

Guise. What do you think of the "men and women can't be friends" mindset? I think it's funny because in our case... well, I have basically only male friends, and I don't want to sleep with them, lol. So it blows my mind when people say males and females can't be "just friends" (I hate "just friends" BTW, because in my eyes, friends > romance). It's like. Maybe if you're super desperate and see every single male/female as a potential partner? But otherwise I don't believe it. People with compatible personalities can be friends regardless of their gender, IMO.

I think heterosexuals are silly billies.

I'm bi and I've screwed more of my lady/guy friends then I'm happy to admit. I don't have very many irl friends left, crazy as that sounds. I can usually only maintain things with people for about three years before we start falling out.

I have some interweb penpals I've known for about seven years, but that's probably just because I can't penetrate them through fiber optics.

sruckus

Gay Gaf I need help because I'm a child. I possibly could be hanging out with this guy I met on Jack'd and I don't know much about him but we might hang out at my place.

Problem is he's not free for a couple days and I had planned on getting beers maybe and watching Netflix or whatever...but I'm worried scheduling it for like next weekend would be too long considering how flaky the guys on these apps are. Thoughts?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Gay Gaf I need help because I'm a child. I possibly could be hanging out with this guy I met on Jack'd and I don't know much about him but we might hang out at my place.

Problem is he's not free for a couple days and I had planned on getting beers maybe and watching Netflix or whatever...but I'm worried scheduling it for like next weekend would be too long considering how flaky the guys on these apps are. Thoughts?

Do not hang out at your place unless you know him. Always meet strangers somewhere in public so if they try to kill you you have a shot at getting away.

bsej87

I don't know that I understand. You seem to have no attachment whatsoever and you're worried about not being able to drink on the couch watching Netflix because someone might get distracted by a ball of tin foil before the day comes? If anything, I'd be more concerned about meeting someone for the first time in a private place. I usually go for first meetings in a public place (at least when it's a crap shoot like dating apps). Safety first!

Edit: Whoops, Ratsky beat me to it. But, yea ^^^

Scribble

I'm experiencing hardcore limerence ever with this guy I'm dating. It's the same on his side. I just want us to devour each other. It's too much. I guess I'll enjoy paradise while it lasts.

sruckus

Points taken. Technically my apartment is in a complex so it's less private and there's a public bar on site that we could meet at but yeah...

My thing is that I guess I can meet in a public place but I'm not really sure what he's expecting or willing to do vs me. I want a relationship someday soon but I'm also pretty horny at the moment and just sex is fine. It's unclear what he's expecting.

I could do coffee or something maybe at lunch or after work I suppose. It's just a little weirder for me because then other people are around and get to make me feel awkward and less unsure of the conversation I could be having. That social anxiety sometimes :/

gerg

My thing is that I guess I can meet in a public place but I'm not really sure what he's expecting or willing to do vs me. I want a relationship someday soon but I'm also pretty horny at the moment and just sex is fine. It's unclear what he's expecting.

Maybe I'm just socially awkward myself in suggesting this, but why don't you ask him? If you highlight that it's blunt it shouldn't be too blunt.

Points taken. Technically my apartment is in a complex so it's less private and there's a public bar on site that we could meet at but yeah...

I could do coffee or something maybe at lunch or after work I suppose. It's just a little weirder for me because then other people are around and get to make me feel awkward and less unsure of the conversation I could be having. That social anxiety sometimes :/

Yeah, I'd just talk with him about it, either in person or through the internet, asking what he wants out of the relationship. It sounds like you're only interested in sex, which is totally fine, but you might want to make that clear to him before things get too serious.

I'll second the suggestion to meet him in a public place before going anywhere private. It's a good way to suss out the the creeps and such.

You mention you're a child. Do you live with your parents? How old are you? How old is he? Do you have a friend you trust enough to tell them to call the police if you don't check in by a certain time?

I had a similar experience - I was 17, and my first time was with a guy who was twice my age. I met at his house. It turned out just fine - in fact he broke things off of his own volition when it was obvious I was uncomfortable, then we tried again and it was awesome. But I kinda shudder to think how much danger I put myself in - don't make the same mistake.

ivysaur12

Banned
Can't be Hugh Jackman, he's already married. Guy in the reddit post isn't. (His girlfriend expects him to).

I'm still going with Ryan Gosling, everything checks out :p But honestly I have no idea who it could be and I guess we'll never know... Well until the guy retires from acting at least.

Who is the AMA guy?

Also, this: http://gawker.com/ex-calvin-kleins-boyfriend-is-straight-worst-lover-i-1182469282

is bullshit. Nick tried to pickup one of my (straight) guy friends at a bar in Palm Springs and wouldn't stop texting him.

Alrus

Who is the AMA guy?

Also, this: http://gawker.com/ex-calvin-kleins-boyfriend-is-straight-worst-lover-i-1182469282

is bullshit. Nick tried to pickup one of my (straight) guy friends at a bar in Palm Springs and wouldn't stop texting him.

AMA guy (not really an AMA thought, just some guy posting on reddit afaik), is apparently a famous actor who's in the closet and has a beautiful well known girlfriend (been dating her for a while) who is expecting him to pop the question soonish.

He feels terribly guilty about it for various reasons, but is too scared to come out for fear of losing his leading man status and pretty much his entire career. He's only out to very few people, his manager knows/doesn't really know but told him that "faggots don't make it in this town" or something stereotypical like that. So he stays in the closet.

That's pretty much it.
Who is Nick?

Calvin's Klein ex boyfriend who is "straight" but "believes in love".

ivysaur12

Banned
AMA guy (not really an AMA thought, just some guy posting on reddit afaik), is apparently a famous actor who's in the closet and has a beautiful well known girlfriend (been dating her for a while) who is expecting him to pop the question soonish.

He feels terribly guilty about it for various reasons, but is too scared to come out for fear of leasing his leading man status and pretty much his entire career. He's only out to very few people, his manager knows/doesn't really know but told him that "faggots don't make it in this town" or something stereotypical like that. So he stays in the closet.

That's pretty much it.

Calvin's Klein ex boyfriend who is "straight" but "believes in love".

Is there a link to that? Jesus. What a dumbass manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom