• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FYC

Banned
Watching Prison Break.

Wentworth Miller...

H2Acc3V.jpg

qpglZqJ.gif

So we're 5 guys. Three of them went to get drinks and I swear they did it on purpose to pair me up with this other dude.

NOT COOL

Some other people who knew him came where we were so I'm glad that backfired on them

Alrus

So we're 5 guys. Three of them went to get drinks and I swear they did it on purpose to pair me up with this other dude.

NOT COOL

Some other people who knew him came where we were so I'm glad that backfired on them

Wait err, do the 3 guy include the guy you've been flirting with? Because that would be kind of a shitty thing to do...

_Isaac

NOT COOL

Why was that not cool? You didn't like that other guy?

Why was that not cool? You didn't like that other guy?
No, I don't. He's not bad looking but I'm just not attracted to him. He's a little too feminine for my liking.

Just got home. No gangbang. No anything. I still had a blast though 'cause I danced my ass off. No time alone with the guy I like except for a couple of times at the bar.

I think the guy who I believe he was trying to set me up with lives very near his place or maybe in the same complex cause he's always the last one standing when he drops everyone home (and I live very close to his place already). So I hate him too for not letting me the last one :p

Also he was the only one who was with him both days, so I'm a little suspicious. I don't really know what to do next because in one hand he was very nice to "ask me out" two times already, even though they weren't proper dates. I just feel he doesn't want to date me, so I don't wanna make it awkward.

I guess I probably should ask him what's going on with "us". We'll see...

EDIT:
Okay, things got a little steamy now. He wrote me
- Go to sleep
- WTF? Do you have cameras in by bedroom?
- I knew it. What are you doing?
- *Sends picture of 3DS* Playing in bed.
- Ok. I'm gonna play too XD
- What are you gonna play? The sleeping game?
- Lol. Let's leave it at that.
- :O And you don't invite me!
- Sure. ?
- To play, I mean.
- Of course!!!! XD
- What are we playing then?
- We'll see
- I'll wait anxiously
- Good
- Sometimes I get tired of playing by myself
- Invite me, then
- Well, You are invited.
- Okaaaay
- :D
I didn't know how to keep it going after that :p

Maybe it's the alcohol talking though I'm sure he's not THAT drunk. I guess he does like me after all...

scarlet

I'm scared lol.
And my friend is drunk right now and the language barrier made some problem between him and one of the waiter. Somehow it ruined my mood

Edit: gay bear bar :p

Caladrius

Whah hello thar RainbowGAF.

I have come with a nonsensical inquiry.

I am a gentleman of 19; Too young for the bars and too antsy about online dating for the time being after my first relationship went downhill (that and the scads of people looking for quickies, I am one of those sick deviants who doesn't have a great deal of interest in actually having sex.). What sort of avenues would you think would be worthwhile for someone looking to meet people looking for long-term relationships?

Grakl

Whah hello thar RainbowGAF.

I have come with a nonsensical inquiry.

I am a gentleman of 19; Too young for the bars and too antsy about online dating for the time being after my first relationship went downhill (that and the scads of people looking for quickies, I am one of those sick deviants who doesn't have a great deal of interest in actually having sex.). What sort of avenues would you think would be worthwhile for someone looking to meet people looking for long-term relationships?

Depends on what you're doing and where you are. I've heard just going out and doing social hobbies is a good way for anyone to meet anyone.

gerg

I wouldn't limit yourself to LGBT-related events or groups only, Caladrious, although like with LGBT societies and gay bars they are a handy shortcut to increasing the chances that a person you meet might be interested in you.

In general, the most useful thing you can do is put yourself in situations where you come into contact with lots of people. You're 19, right? Will you be heading off to uni soon? (Or are you at uni already?) Join clubs or societies to try to develop a wide social circle. Make yourself as interesting a person as possible. Unfortunately, apart from that there's not much else that you can do that will guarantee that you'll find someone. (Here, the oft-sprouted advice that "You'll find someone when you stop looking", which I normally despise, has a ring of truth in it that finding someone is not linked to how hard you look for them.)

@VICTORsaurio: Sounds like things are going well. I often get told the same, but try not to worry too much. It'll develop as it's meant to.

Caladrius

I wouldn't limit yourself to LGBT-related events or groups only, Caladrious, although like with LGBT societies and gay bars they are a handy shortcut to increasing the chances that a person you meet might be interested in you.

In general, the most useful thing you can do is put yourself in situations where you come into contact with lots of people. You're 19, right? Will you be heading off to uni soon? (Or are you at uni already?) Join clubs or societies to try to develop a wide social circle. Make yourself as interesting a person as possible. Unfortunately, apart from that there's not much else that you can do that will guarantee that you'll find someone. (Here, the oft-sprouted advice that "You'll find someone when you stop looking", which I normally despise, has a ring of truth in it that finding someone is not linked to how hard you look for them.)

Already at Uni. I've been considering joining a few but there's some scheduling kinks that would have to be worked out. (I carpool) I tend to spend a lot of time by myself so I'm not too concerned with it overall, I just wanted to get some ideas for when my romantic aspect is unleashed upon the world.

daripad

Already at Uni. I've been considering joining a few but there's some scheduling kinks that would have to be worked out. (I carpool) I tend to spend a lot of time by myself so I'm not too concerned with it overall, I just wanted to get some ideas for when my romantic aspect is unleashed upon the world.

Welcome!

How long has been since your last relationship? You're young, and if you really don't have much free time right now, I'd say wait till you are a bit more balanced in life. Try not to think much about having a relationship and think more about getting friends to hang out with. As time passes you will discover that there are some gay guys around you thay you can try to have relationships with but that will come naturally, just be pacient.

Grakl

Welcome!

How long has been since your last relationship? You're young, and if you really don't have much free time right now, I'd say wait till you are a bit more balanced in life. Try not to think much about having a relationship and think more about getting friends to hang out with. As time passes you will discover that there are some gay guys around you thay you can try to have relationships with but that will come naturally, just be pacient.

Aren't you 19? o.o

Caladrius

Welcome!

It has been at least 6 months. My sister actually made a similar suggestion to yours.

Alrus

I second the idea that the best way to meet potential partner is first to broaden your social circles, doesn't have to specifically be gay focused stuff (even though it's obviously easier to meet available people there :p )

Boo bar

Lol

Did the people inside his their eyes behind their hands when you faced them? :p (That was a terrible joke, I'm ashamed...)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dunno how many of you have seen this months Out but it has an article about the "Men who want AIDS."

Haven't read it yet, flipping through the reddit subreddit feature right now, but thought I'd let you guys know. You can grab it on Zinio if that's your bag/eReaders.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Dunno how many of you have seen this months Out but it has an article about the "Men who want AIDS."

Haven't read it yet, flipping through the reddit subreddit feature right now, but thought I'd let you guys know. You can grab it on Zinio if that's your bag/eReaders.

I didn't know people still read magazines tbh.

That article sounds interesting tho. Did they interview JeffRey?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eh, my Library offers access to Zinio's service so it's nice when something catches my eye and they offer it.

And I see you with that reading of Jeff.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE

It's also available on their website and it's certainly worth a read.

I realize that was a joke, but the article is more about men who want AIDS because living with AIDS is a better alternative to how they currently live. (According to the article at least) New York is much more financially supportive to people living with AIDS than it is to the homeless, and contracting AIDS was seen as the only way out of homelessness.

_Isaac

I've never read Out before, but I'll see if I can catch the article somehow later on. I can't even begin to understand the mindset of these "bug catchers" (I think that's the term), and I seem to remember JeffRey wasn't very clear on the reasoning or if he was really into it at all.

I didn't know people still read magazines tbh.

Awesome.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I realize that was a joke, but the article is more about men who want AIDS because living with AIDS is a better alternative to how they currently live. (According to the article at least) New York is much more financially supportive to people living with AIDS than it is to the homeless, and contracting AIDS was seen as the only way out of homelessness.

Sounds interesting. :) I'll have to give it a read later.

mantidor

Finally I'm back!

So I hooked up with a guy, he seems nice, I had fun and I kind of don't want to lose contact but at the same time I don't want anything serious, so I really don't know if I should call him, brazilian people seem a little intense, everyone I've been with wants to get boyfriend status immediately, sometimes even after just making out! I seriously don't get them sometimes.

Posted some new pics on my Flickr/Tumblr from a hiking trip I did the other day... did not really intend to take photos that day so only had my phone camera and an old, broken point and shoot, but a few pics came out alright I think ^_^

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Posted some new pics on my Flickr/Tumblr from a hiking trip I did the other day... did not really intend to take photos that day so only had my phone camera and an old, broken point and shoot, but a few pics came out alright I think ^_^

I don't remember your flicker/tumblr name. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom