• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this guy at Crossfit has the worst tattoo I've seen in awhile.

WS4Qx9B.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I had a similar experience - I was 17, and my first time was with a guy who was twice my age. I met at his house. It turned out just fine - in fact he broke things off of his own volition when it was obvious I was uncomfortable, then we tried again and it was awesome. But I kinda shudder to think how much danger I put myself in - don't make the same mistake.

Tell me more.

daripad

Do you think that in a gay relationship someone has to fill the role of a man and the other one of a woman? There is this gay guy at school that told a friend of mine that he is always the woman in a relationship. I was like WTF? There is no need for that, I think that everything has to be equal. But that's just opinions, so what do you think about it?

Alrus

Do you think that in a gay relationship someone has to fill the role of a man and the other one of a woman? There is this gay guy at school that told a friend of mine that he is always the woman in a relationship. I was like WTF? There is no need for that, I think that everything has to be equal. But that's just opinions, so what do you think about it?

Nope, I personally think that's stupid. If someone want to do it because it's their thing, fine. But really, it stems from an outdated view on gender roles and I find it quite of weird. Just be who you are really.

Unless he means in bed, which then is just an euphemism for saying he's a pure bottom.

Grakl

Nope, I personally think that's stupid. If someone want to do it because it's their thing, fine. But really, it stems from an outdated view on gender roles and I find it quite of weird. Just be who you are really.

Unless he means in bed, which then is just an euphemism for saying he's a pure bottom.

Which is still weird because being a bottom shouldn't make you consider yourself any less masculine than normal.

gerg

I think it's stupid to think of straight relationships as having specific roles for the man and the woman.

Which is still weird because being a bottom shouldn't make you consider yourself any less masculine than normal.

Doesn't stop people using stupid phrases such as "boy pussy".

Unless I'm missing some kind of subtle irony, I don't see how the views in that thread are exclusive to straight people.

Crayons

Banned
I'm glad there's no man and woman in a same sex relationship because I'm pretty sure changing sexes depending on the guy would get expensive real fast.

Alrus

I personally think the dude is pretty ugly, and my stereotypical view of teenage girl is challenged by them not acting like douches toward him. But the reactions in that bodybuilding thread are hilarious. Dude is probably a great guy to spend time with and everything. They don't seem to get that good looks isn't the only thing that matter.

Mr_Zombie

What is the role of man and women, though? Do we still go by the stereotype that woman is a housewife and hence does all the cleaning, cooking, washing and taking care of kids while man is there to work and fix crap? I'd say let everyone do what he/she does the best.

Are gay people any better?

sruckus

I took the advice here and just asked if he was looking for a relationship, sex, etc. He responded "I'm not" (ugh the angst), but I got out of him that he's not looking for either...he just got out of a relationship a couple weeks ago, I guess.

Meh, he's on Jack'd so I feel like he has to be looking for something...and has a token shirtless bathroom shot. C'mon now. But even if he just wants friends or company, whatever, I'm down with finding a gay friend or two to add to my count of zero. I did offer to go to the mall (well, it's an outdoor mall so there's lots to do) or something this Sunday so we'll see if he wants to and how it goes (or if I get stood up!).

Also, it seems my previous posts seem like I am just looking for sex. That's far from the truth because in reality I'd love a relationship much, much more. I have just sort of given up that anyone on these phone apps IS actually looking for that. They all stop responding if you bother trying to get to know them. BUT I also have been unbelievably umm horny this entire week, even had my first two video fun sessions so uh just some fooling around would be fun too.

I'm disappointed at how things turned out. I'm sure a big part of it is my fault for getting my hopes up too quickly but how could I not?

As I said, on tuesday night we left off with him boarding a plane, he said "I'll write you when I land since you suffer from insomnia". I joked about it a bit. I sort of awaited anxiously for it but it didn't happen. Didn't hear from him on wednesday, so last night I decided to write him.

It went like this:
- Are you alive? (trying to joke)
- Hi. Alive and kicking.
- I'm glad!
- You?
- I was afraid you could have crashed on a deserted island with smoke monsters, etc.
- Give some of that shit you're smoking!
- It's called LOST :'( I was/am a hardcore fan. 6 amazing years of my life. Until they all left :(
- lol. That's why you should get attached to anything.
- God! You're so nice! (sarcasm, don't really know the right phrase in english) :p
- lol. It's true.
- OK then!

That was it. What do you make out of that? I talked to a friend and she told me to relax, that I should stop thinking of any guy I like as a possible boyfriend and that it's OK to reconnect with people from your past without it ending as a relationship.

I know she's right (she's a psychologist though she doesn't do it for a living) but c'mon he seemed pretty flirty to me :(

Anyway, I guess I'm leaving this as it is. I still think men are (mostly) assholes.

gerg

Victor, why don't you explicitly ask him out? He might be thinking "God, I really wish this guy I liked would ask me out. I guess I better wait for him to make the first move." You seem to be doing the same.

Certainly, he could say no. But, this guy doesn't seem to be a close friend, so in that regard I don't think you should worry about damaging a strong friendship.

(Also, as I didn't comment last time, generally speaking I don't think you should have read anything into the "you would have broken up for a reason" comment that he made. I think that's just an assertion that break-ups happen for a reason.)

RM8

I'm going to have to agree with the "not everyone who is friendly necessarily wants to be in your bed" school of thought :p

I'm going to have to agree with the "not everyone who is friendly necessarily wants to be in your bed" school of thought :p
I
hate to
agree too but I just think it's kind of weird that he appeared out of nowhere and now just seems to not care and disappears again.

Again, maybe I read too much into things but he sort of made the first move, am I that wrong in expecting him to follow through?.

I know he just got out of a relationship so I don't really think we should start dating right now, I just want to talk with him and maybe be friends (and something more, eventually). But now it seems like I'm the only one who wants any of that

gerg

Again, maybe I read too much into things but he sort of made the first move, am I that wrong in expecting him to follow through?

I think it's only fair to expect from others what you do yourself - if your thinking is to wait for him to make the first move, then you can only expect him to wait for you to make the first move. It's a classic prisoner's dilemma. In this case, given how excited you seemed to be about the possibility of being friends (or something more), I think you should bite the bullet and invite him for a drink or for coffee. What's the worst that can happen?

I think it's only fair to expect from others what you do yourself - if your thinking is to wait for him to make the first move, then you can only expect him to wait for you to make the first move. It's a classic prisoner's dilemma. In this case, given how excited you seemed to be about the possibility of being friends (or something more), I think you should bite the bullet and invite him for a drink or for coffee. What's the worst that can happen?
I'm not really waiting for him to ask me out (though I obviously wouldn't say no if he did). It's just that he just doesn't seem to be really interested and it confuses me.

He didn't have to say "I'll write when I land" but he did. And he didn't write. Which is fine, I'm not gonna make a big deal out of that. But two days passed and I didn't hear a word from him, which is a bit discouraging for me. I still looked past that and made a move texting him again but it just felt like he can't be bothered to even try to engage in a conversation anymore.

gerg

I'm not really waiting for him to ask me out (though I obviously wouldn't say no if he did). It's just that he just doesn't seem to be really interested and it confuses me.

He didn't have to say "I'll write when I land" but he did. And he didn't write. Which is fine, I'm not gonna make a big deal out of that. But two days passed and I didn't hear a word from him, which is a bit discouraging for me. I still looked past that and made a move texting him again but it just felt like he can't be bothered to even try to engage in a conversation anymore.

Regarding why he didn't write, he may just have forgotten. I agree that your last conversation isn't exactly encouraging as far as possible chemistry is concerned, but in that case it's unlikely that a relationship between you two would work anyway.

You're right in that the situation is confusing. But the only way to know what this guy thinks (and so clarify matters) is to ask him how he feels. It seems to me possible (even if wishful thinking) that he thought you'd have pushed things forward by now, and so he's discouraged that you haven't. Or he's just not interested.

Ultimately, you can just let things go their way, and a friendship (or relationship) between you two may form anyhow. But this seems to be bothering you enough to complain about it on an internet forum. I think it might be a good idea to be as proactive about it as you can.

Regarding why he didn't write, he may just have forgotten. I agree that your last conversation isn't exactly encouraging as far as possible chemistry is concerned, but in that case it's unlikely that a relationship between you two would work anyway.

You're right in that the situation is confusing. But the only way to know what this guy thinks (and so clarify matters) is to ask him how he feels. It seems to me possible (even if wishful thinking) that he thought you'd have pushed things forward by now, and so he's discouraged that you haven't. Or he's just not interested.

Ultimately, you can just let things go their way, and a friendship (or relationship) between you two may form anyhow. But this seems to be bothering you enough to complain about it on an internet forum. I think it might be a good idea to be as proactive about it as you can.
I think I might take a last shot at this. Since it's friday I'll just ask him if he has any plans and see where it goes from there.

Menaged

I think I might take a last shot at this. Since it's friday I'll just ask him if he has any plans and see where it goes from there.

Sorry if I didn't follow correctly, but this is the same guy that was friend's with your brother?
If so, from your previous posts, I kinda got the impression that he was into you, but maybe I'm wrong...

I agree that the last conversation didn't seem fluid and I'd be annoyed and mostly confused by the "I'll call you when I land" only to find out that he didn't.

Like Greg said, if you want something to come out of it, it seems like you need to make the first move, for better or worse.

-------------

On an unrelated subject, I just finished watching Moulin Rouge. I just love this movie - the beautiful visuals, the amazing songs (except for Like a Virgin maybe) and dat Nicole Kidman. She's just briliant in this movie.

A nice way to pass friday night when no one's around.
I'm delibertly not finishing The Last of Us. I'm at 92% so I guess I'm at the final stretch, but I just don't want it to end :(

Sorry if I didn't follow correctly, but this is the same guy that was friend's with your brother?
If so, from your previous posts, I kinda got the impression that he was into you, but maybe I'm wrong...

I agree that the last conversation didn't seem fluid and I'd be annoyed and mostly confused by the "I'll call you when I land" only to find out that he didn't.

Like Greg said, if you want something to come out of it, it seems like you need to make the first move, for better or worse.
Yup!. I think I scored a date with him :D
It's not set in stone but I put it out there, invited him to go watch a movie (possibly tonight). We'll see if it actually goes through, he said he wanted to watch World War Z (it just opened here) I told him we could go, but we haven't concreted it yet. Wish me luck! :p

Menaged

It's not set in stone but I put it out there, invited him to go watch a movie (possibly tonight). We'll see if it actually goes through, he said he wanted to watch World War Z (it just opened here) I told him we could go, but we haven't concreted it yet. Wish me luck! :p

Good to hear, good luck indeed!

gerg

Awesome. Hope things develop well from here.

On an unrelated subject, I just finished watching Moulin Rouge. I just love this movie - the beautiful visuals, the amazing songs (except for Like a Virgin maybe) and dat Nicole Kidman. She's just briliant in this movie.

Ugh, I can't stand Moulin Rouge. Tried watching it on a plane once and I had to turn it off after 10 minutes. Plus, they butcher "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend". > <

Chicago4eva

CHANGE OF PLANS!!!! :/

He asked me if I wanted to go somewhere else because a friend invited him. Obviously I said: YES!!!!!! lol (I didn't say it like that)... hope that's not too desperate but he asked me so I think it's cool (that he asked me instead of just dumping me).

We're going to a new disco/bowling thing. He's picking me up soon :)

He asked me if I wanted to go somewhere else because a friend invited him. Obviously I said: YES!!!!!! lol (I didn't say it like that)... hope that's not too desperate but he asked me so I think it's cool (that he asked me instead of just dumping me).

Don't forget a condom!

sandwich incoming!!

Replicant

I hate these fucking dating apps!! When I am online, no one bother contacting me. When I turn it off, it still tells others that I'm online. Sometimes a hot guy contacts me but I don't know until a few hours/days later. By then they are already butthurt, thinking I'm not interested. Arrrggh!!!

FerDS

I hate these fucking dating apps!! When I am online, no one bother contacting me. When I turn it off, it still tells others that I'm online. Sometimes a hot guy contacts me but I don't know until a few hours/days later. By then they are already butthurt, thinking I'm not interested. Arrrggh!!!

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. But I usually just explain it and it works out fine, not always of course

Soooooo... just got home...

The "date" was OK though it really wasn't a date at all :p

He picked me up, we had a nice chat, catching up a bit while going to pick up his other friend. Then we arrived to the place and there were a couple more friends there. It was really packed so we ended up leaving and going somewhere else to grab dinner (all 5 of us).

When sitting I ended up on the opposite side of him, though obviously still close, I didn't really interact a lot with him, mostly with his friends. I think I made a good impression. I enjoyed talking to them though there were obviously some awkward silence moments when there were like one conversation in each side of the table and I wasn't really involved in any of them.

I was hoping we would end up alone on the drive back home but we didn't, so I said thanks for everything when he dropped me off.

I texted him asking him to write me when he got home and he did. He said sorry for the bad stuff. I was like: "what bad stuff? thank you for inviting me!"

Apparently they don't really like a girl who was with us, he said she didn't let anyone talk :p

We chatted/joked a bit more and I told him good night 'cause he was very tired.

Overall I'm happy, though it worries me a bit that maybe he could think I'm not that interested, I'm just a bit shy and didn't want to behave like I'm his new boyfriend in front of his friends, I wasn't going to push them so I could sit next to him. I really hope he understands that and we have another chance to get to know each other a little better.

EDIT: I just really hope he writes me tomorrow and maybe accepts my invitation to go to the movies. I really really hope this doesn't turn again into a waiting game :(

It's very hard 'cause I don't want him to feel like I'm trying to force this on him. I think it's pretty obvious I'm interested and he seems too. I guess I'll just do some small talk tomorrow if I don't hear from him.

Menaged

Ugh, I can't stand Moulin Rouge. Tried watching it on a plane once and I had to turn it off after 10 minutes. Plus, they butcher "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend". > <

Chicago4eva

I can't believe I never watched Chicago...
For some reason it's never on TV here. Usually I buy movies I'm interested in, but I don't have an income so I only buy video games, which I love much more.
One day I'll watch it though, since you're not the first who's saying it's great.

Soooooo... just got home...

I have no idea what to tell you man...
It's so confusing :\
For some reason I thought it's just gonna be the two of you, but once you mentiond his friends... I have no idea what his idea of this night out was, if he even thinks that you asked him out.

I really don't know if it's a sound advice, but what I'd do, is wait to see if he'll text me the day after. If he will, then go for it. If not, then back off.

Obviosuly the best thing to do is lay it out in the open and tell him what you want \ think, but I just know that it might be extremly hard, so that's why I wrote the above.

Anyway, good luck!

scarlet

Accidentally saw my ex's office here.
Sent a message, just asked how are you bla bla

No reply, i guess he still hates me

i ignored him for weeks and make him left me, i'm a jerk :(

Oh God, I feel so anxious today, waiting to see what happens. When I woke up I saw he retweeted/added a comment to a random tweet I made last night. That's pretty much all our interaction for the day.

in an amazing turn of events:

I'M GOING OUT TONIGHT AGAIN WITH HIM!!!! WE'RE GOING DANCING!!!!!
YES!!!!!
I'M GONNA CORNER THAT BITCH AGAINST THE WALL!!! (not really)

With friends obviously so chill! It's OK I'm in no rush :)

in an amazing turn of events:

I'M GOING OUT TONIGHT AGAIN WITH HIM!!!! WE'RE GOING DANCING!!!!!
YES!!!!!
I'M GONNA CORNER THAT BITCH AGAINST THE WALL!!! (not really)

With friends obviously so chill! It's OK I'm in no rush :)

How come he keeps inviting you into group situations (no pun intended) and not alone?

How come he keeps inviting you into group situations (no pun intended) and not alone?
I don't know :( maybe he doesn't want me to rape him :p

Seriously, maybe since he just got out of a relationship he's getting back in touch with some friends. Maybe he doesn't really wants to date me yet (which I guess would be kinda understandable).

I have no friends so I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom