• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Well, I'm pretty sure he was euphoric, then felt regret afterwards. So I'm pretty sure it was a Taco Bell meal.

If you didn't have stomach acid, that'd be a very, very bad thing. You ignore that feeling at least :p
I wasn't feeling sick, like at all. The moment I saw him, that he was right next to me it was like this burst of stuff and that's when I felt acid things in my stomach and a shitload of nerves. I don't know, I am now hoping this is just a crush and nothing more.
Well, I'm pretty sure he was euphoric, then felt regret afterwards. So I'm pretty sure it was a Taco Bell meal.
lol :p I wasn't really happy (Okay I was) but I was more like surprised that I felt that way.

Kangi

I could watch all of these Whose Line episodes. Or I could just watch the ones with Jeff Davis in them.

That sounds like a better plan.

Went out to watch a movie (WWZ) last night with the guy I like and one of his friends. It was cool. Obviously I still feel like I want something more but I guess that's OK for now.

This is probably just me but I'm getting the idea that he likes me more than he wants to admit. But it's fine, I'm not gonna try to rush anything, at least I was honest. I swear it's not just me seeing things. I'm still not sure at what he meant by what he said to me "I'm not one to be looking out for something, much less a relationship". Is that like ever? or for now? does he like me even though he's not looking for anything?. Oh well, I'll just go with the flow, don't worry.

Caladrius

I wasn't feeling sick, like at all. The moment I saw him, that he was right next to me it was like this burst of stuff and that's when I felt acid things in my stomach and a shitload of nerves. I don't know, I am now hoping this is just a crush and nothing more.

lol :p I wasn't really happy (Okay I was) but I was more like surprised that I felt that way.

That happens to me a lot too. I have an unfortunate habit of making friends with attractive metrosexuals. (
Look my gaydar doesn't actually work okay.
) It's something you...almost get used to. I've learned to just revel in it and not think too much on it.

My server at a local pizza place is pretty adorable but I think he smokes. :(

Plus he doesn't have enough of an ass to be anything but hetereo.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Eh, what?! Song's fine, if incredibly overplayed on the radio. But who would've thought that Same Love would've been the type of song that would get overplayed on the radio? The album is pretty solid, too.

I'm just not a fan of Macklemore. I pretty much dislike all of his songs and Same Love is too cheesy and on the nose for my tastes.

Plus he doesn't have enough of an ass to be anything but hetereo.

There are plenty of straight men with ass and plenty of gay men without.

I'm just not a fan of Macklemore. I pretty much dislike all of his songs and Same Love is too cheesy and on the nose for my tastes.

No no I know, but he's not one of them. You can have a gay-ass butt and still be flat-bootied. He's got a straight-ass butt tho.

Sadly I can attest to this :(

No no I know, but he's not one of them. You can have a gay-ass butt and still be flat-bootied. He's got a straight-ass butt tho.

Is that like an ass on top of a butt?

It has been over three months.

I am starting to get antsy.

Try 33 years and see how antsy you get.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Tell me about it. :(

rTsXCG2.gif

I could watch all of these Whose Line episodes. Or I could just watch the ones with Jeff Davis in them.

That sounds like a better plan.

It's all about Chip.

cuB5Jye.jpg

Guys I have a problem...
tumblr_inline_mrkb7eWRA01qz4rgp.gif

I can't stop playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lol. Among other Fighting games as well. Pupi18 Just Got us Tekken
skype67.gif
, so we've been playing a good amount and we're having a blast, and we're hooked. The other fighters We both have are DOA5, Guilty Gear XX Core plus, Persona4A, Skullgirls, MVC2, VF5FS. The list keeps growing. IDK what it is, haven't been hooked this much in a looong time. Fuck too bad TTT2 isn't on vita too *.* playing at school would be a blast X_X

Add Me on PSN: zettacrazy
I know some of you must be into fighters, Im decent, but hey I don't care lets all have a blast lol

Guys I have a problem...
tumblr_inline_mrkb7eWRA01qz4rgp.gif

I can't stop playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lol. Among other Fighting games as well. Pupi18 Just Got us Tekken
skype67.gif
, so we've been playing a good amount and we're having a blast, and we're hooked. The other fighters We both have are DOA5, Guilty Gear XX Core plus, Persona4A, Skullgirls, MVC2, VF5FS. The list keeps growing. IDK what it is, haven't been hooked this much in a looong time. Fuck too bad TTT2 isn't on vita too *.* playing at school would be a blast X_X

Add Me on PSN: zettacrazy
I know some of you must be into fighters, Im decent, but hey I don't care lets all have a blast lol

I would play you, but you don't seem to have UMvC3. =(

ivysaur12

Banned
If my memory serves correctly, you are an incredibly good looking person. I'm sure you'll find somebody in no time.

I don't really see that, but thank you. This city is full of a lot of superficial guys, or guys with no real career trajectory that live for their weekends out at this small strip of gay bars. I just want to meet a nice guy that I can watch football with and talk about weird shit with and go out drinking with. Ugh.

I haven't really noticed that myself but I guess in retrospect it's true. My superficial side is too greedy to notice hair color.

I'm not "only" attracted to blonds, but I do love them, and my two longest relationships have been with muscular blond guys, which my friends have pegged as my "type."

royalan

ivysaur12

Put the phone down.

No matter how bad it gets.

Do not fall for the trap of emotionally reattaching yourself to the ex.

speaking from experience

ivysaur12

Banned
ivysaur12

Put the phone down.

No matter how bad it gets.

Do not fall for the trap of emotionally reattaching yourself to the ex.

speaking from experience

That's probably the best advice and I should've heeded it last night. It got weird. Ugh. Fucking exes. I just need a rebound I'm serious about.

I was jokingly saying that my addiction to aesthetics is like inelegant or gluttonous or something :p

Haha, gotcha.

Hige

Recently I've been speaking to my friends a lot about cultural appropriation, in part in relation to non-Indian people appropriating the traditions of the Indian "Holi" festival (outside of its religious context), and in part in relation to the whole Miley Cyrus VMA debacle.

I was checking BuzzFeed today (don't judge!), and gay rapper Le1f reportedly made a series of tweets (which he afterwards deleted) complaining about Macklemore's win for "Same Love". Apart from his grudge that Macklemore apparently ripped off his song "Wut" with "Thrift Shop", he also complained that the LGBT cause should not so prominently be represented by a heterosexual singer. Instead, people who are both LGBT and not should more actively promote LGBT people who tackle the same issues in their songs.

Personally, I have no immediate problem with Macklemore's win. I think the song is truly beautiful, and I think it's great for the LGBT community to have such support from an outside party. As unfortunate as it may be, on the pragmatic side of things it may be that there some people are more receptive of such a message coming from a straight musician than an LGBT one, too.

On the other hand, is it the case that there are songs by LGBT musicians with similar themes, and of a similar quality, that have been ignored by the mainstream media because of who made them? Similarly, I think it fair to argue that the best way to promote equality is the most direct, by proving that LGBT artists (and minority artists for that matter, who were sadly lacking this year) are just as deserving of awards as everyone else.
I think part of the problem is that minority rights have had to be legitimized by the majority in order for progress to be made. It's fucked up but the numbers don't pan out otherwise. LGBT people are like 4% of the population (1 in 10 seems too high even if you count closeted people), so you need support from somewhere. But even looking at other communities, women's voting rights in the US needed support from men, black rights need support from whites, and gay rights need support from straight allies.

I sometimes get cynical about the various social justice movements, maybe to the point of nihilism, when it feels like so little progress is made. Like the SCOTUS pretty much dismantling the Voting Rights Act and North Carolina and Texas setting the clock back by 50 years. A couple months ago, I was reading about some infighting at a feminist convention over ableism. It just feels like there's never enough progress made and there will always be shit that needs fixing; there's always more injustice to complain about. The schism between white feminist and non-white feminist communities seems insurmountable at times. I've seen some people on twitter suggest that Macklemore should donate money to an LGBT organization, but what's the point? The Human Rights Campaign is still transphobic as of a few months ago, and GLAAD gives awards to Brett Ratner and whatever rich white men it feels need to be recognized. These groups don't really work to address the needs of the whole community, or at least more than whatever problems are presently affecting affluent gay white men and therefore "most deserving" of our attention. This ties into the legitimization angle I mentioned earlier.

In terms of promoting LGBT musicians/athletes, I think there are some parallels to the challenges women face. I was just watching a 9 for IX special, Branded, on ESPN the other day. It was about the standards that female athletes have to live up to in order to be successful. Being good at a sport isn't good enough, they have to be good looking in order to be marketable. Similarly, there have been at least two out country artists promoted by gay sites in the last few months, but there is an emphasis on their looks. I think there's a level of scrutiny faced that's similar to what female pop stars face, whereas straight male musicians can get by on average looks.

Another problem is that many out musicians/athletes just haven't been that good. I thought those songs from the country artists were generic, and this Le1f guy's song is equally droll. I think even successful out musicians can have problems appealing to a wider audience outside of women and gay men. Most of the athletes that come out haven't been that great. When Jason Collins came out, people on GAF were kind of shrugging it off since he's getting old for the sport and not a top player. That soccer player that came out seems sort of marketable even if he's an average player (I have no idea) since he has mainstream good looks, but he suffers from soccer's low tier recognition in the US. I can only hope these athletes coming out nudges the door open for more
good
athletes to come out.

Finally, when it comes to out actors, they've mostly been character actors or otherwise relegated to doing TV instead of film. NPH and Matt Bomer are doing ok on TV right now, but I'm concerned about what's next for them after their shows end. Actors like Ian McKellan and Zachary Quinto are character actors, and were already established before they came out publicly. Supposedly Matt Bomer didn't get cast as Superman because he's gay. I don't know if that's true, but the sad part is it wouldn't surprise me.

TL;DR We're screwed, progress is slow, and life sucks.

ivysaur12

Banned
Matt Bomer didn't not get the part in Superman because he's gay. I really don't think it'll be hard for Matt to gets larger movie roles if he wants him. I think most are genuinely hopeful he's break through to be an A list and I think most studios would finance a film with him as the lead if the part is right.

Hige

Matt Bomer didn't not get the part in Superman because he's gay. I really don't think it'll be hard for Matt to gets larger movie roles if he wants him. I think most are genuinely hopeful he's break through to be an A list and I think most studios would finance a film with him as the lead if the part is right.
The Superman thing was from Jackie Collins so yeah... but there was enough plausibility in the scenario that it didn't seem impossible.

As for a bigger career, I hope so. Do you think his family might affect his motivation in pursuing a bigger film career? It always seems like actors (mainly actresses) take a break to focus on the kids, and by the time they come back their career has fizzled out.

ivysaur12

Banned
The Superman thing was from Jackie Collins so yeah... but there was enough plausibility in the scenario that it didn't seem impossible.

As for a bigger career, I hope so. Do you think his family might affect his motivation in pursuing a bigger film career? It always seems like actors (mainly actresses) take a break to focus on the kids, and by the time they come back their career has fizzled out.

I think he'll want to once White Collar is over. TV is a pretty big time sink. Or at least once they start to only order 13 or less episodes a season.

But yeah, I think everyone wants Matt to succeed because he's got the looks and is fucking talented and know what his success would mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom