• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menaged

Had a really nice date tonight. Such a cute guy. Everything flowed quite smoothly, and I ended up walking him to his home, which was 30 minutes away from the bar and from where I stay, because it was just nice talking. I really wanted to kiss him, but he was terrified of doing it where he lives, so another time hopefuly.

I hate not knowing exactly what the other side thinks at the end of something like that, but I guess he enjoyed it as well. He even texted me that he had fun tonight.

Feels weird quoting myself, but it needs context.
So, it's been 10 days since our first date, and finally we met each other again.
It's been so long since he's working all the time and we don't live in the same town (we both study in the same one, but it's summer break). Since our first date we've been texting and talking every day, which is a good sign I guess. My self esteem \ confidince is in the shitter, so every day I need to remind myself that if he wanted to end it, he'd do it already....

It was a nice date. we didn't feel like sitting in a bar or something like that, so we just bought a beer from a 7\11, sat somewhere and talked. The end of the date was a tad weird. Like I said, in the first one we didn't kiss because of where we were, but this time we met in Tel Aviv, so it's a non issue. Anyway, we kissed, but... no tongue or anything. Just a soft, 2 seconds kiss on the lips and goodbye. It was nice, but I wanted so much more, and he was so tasty lol.

I have no idea why it's going like that. Maybe because we parted ways on the street and he's shy, maybe he likes to take things real slow, and maybe I'm sending a vibe that I want to take things slow.

To be honest, I don't mind taking things slow because I'm more interested in his company rather than getting into bed. I was just wondering with myself if what happened last night was a sign for something bad... The more I think of it, though, I realize I might be reading too much into things, and it can't be that bad that nothing more happened.

Next date (if there'll be one of course) will, again, take place in the far future, maybe 10 days from now as well :(
Oh well, at least if we'll manage to get past this period and make it to mid october, we'll be able to see each other on a daily basis since school will be back on.

(That was much longer than I expected...)

Alrus

Well, speaking from experience, me and my bf barely ever kiss or show much affection in public, unless we're drunk. I realized I'm still not entirely comfortable with showing my sexuality in public, it's pretty depressing. (doesn't help that I really don't like drawing attention, I'm pretty shy :( )

It's probably shyness, but he still kissed you which is a pretty good sign. Considering he keeps talking to you even when you're not seeing him for a relatively good sign, I'd say he's interested in you. If you enjoy his company I don't see an issue with taking it slow :)

See how things go from now, I'm sure it'll go further when you both start school again or when you have the opportunity to see each other in a more private space :)

Menaged

Well, speaking from experience, me and my bf barely ever kiss or show much affection in public, unless we're drunk. I realized I'm still not entirely comfortable with showing my sexuality in public, it's pretty depressing. (doesn't help that I really don't like drawing attention, I'm pretty shy :( )

It's probably shyness, but he still kissed you which is a pretty good sign. Considering he keeps talking to you even when you're not seeing him for a relatively good sign, I'd say he's interested in you. If you enjoy his company I don't see an issue with taking it slow :)

See how things go from now, I'm sure it'll go further when you both start school again or when you have the opportunity to see each other in a more private space :)

Thanks for the confidence boost, it really helps :)
I hope we'll manage to make it until school starts, because I'm sure it will be easier to see where it's going - for better or worse. I'm hopeful for better since I really like him...

scarlet

I've never been in a serious relationship.

Each time someone really into me, i did this

nZaCAb3.jpg

Replicant

Gay guys are so fucking weird sometimes. Some guys have been looking at my profiles repeatedly but they don't say anything. Am I just some kind of fap material for them? 0_o;

There's this one guy who I saw has checked my profile. He's pretty hot too so I thought okay, maybe I should say something and I did. But he didn't reply so I assume he just clicked by accident. Well apparently no, because he checked on my profile again last week and this week.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Gay guys are so fucking weird sometimes. Some guys have been looking at my profiles repeatedly but they don't say anything. Am I just some kind of fap material for them? 0_o;

There's this one guy who I saw has checked my profile. He's pretty hot too so I thought okay, maybe I should say something and I did. But he didn't reply so I assume he just clicked by accident. Well apparently no, because he checked on my profile again last week and this week.

Are you giving them fap material?

scarlet

Stalkers!

Are you giving them fap material?

Hmm...

please post it

ivysaur12

Banned

That's so bizarre.

ivysaur12

Banned
Maybe they just forgot they had seen your profile. I've had many people who would strike up conversations with me as if we've never spoken before, anywhere between just a few weeks to several months.

I do that sometimes, too. Or go to a guy's profile and then remember when I didn't message them.

bsej87

Hey all.

Ugh. I think I'm getting an allergy to citric acid. Now whenever I drink pineapple juice or orange juice, It upsets me all day.

Well, the good news is you probably aren't allergic to citric acid as that's basically impossible Also, you'd definitely know if you were somehow actually allergic to it since it's such a pervasive compound that you'd be breaking out in hives all the time. You could potentially have a *citrus* allergy, but even then you'd probably be experiencing a lot more than just an upset stomach. Are you drinking it on an empty stomach by any chance?

Well, the good news is you probably aren't allergic to citric acid as that's basically impossible Also, you'd definitely know if you were somehow actually allergic to it since it's such a pervasive compound that you'd be breaking out in hives all the time. You could potentially have a *citrus* allergy, but even then you'd probably be experiencing a lot more than just an upset stomach. Are you drinking it on an empty stomach by any chance?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. All I know is that recently all I have to do is have a glass of OJ or PJ and the next day is spent on the bathroom.

Delio

Is it weird that me and this guy were looking at houses last night? Like not to move in but we were just comparing styles we liked.

sphinx

the piano man
Maybe they just forgot they had seen your profile. I've had many people who would strike up conversations with me as if we've never spoken before, anywhere between just a few weeks to several months.

there was this guy hot as hell, my type, he clicked my profile in 3 dfferent moments in 4 or 5 months, I wrote to him and the asshole didn't answer.

some weeks later he clicked AGAIN on my profile, I worte again and said " why won't you talk to me? if i am not your type, just say so "sorry, not my type"

and the guy copy/pasted exactly that so I received a message with "sorry, not my type", no " hey I am sorry but" or any line that would make it friendly.

I answered back " then please stop visiting my profile and fuck off!" haha, he pissed me off.

mantidor

I've never been in a serious relationship.

Each time someone really into me, i did this

nZaCAb3.jpg

Thats me!

there was this guy hot as hell, my type, he clicked my profile in 3 dfferent moments in 4 or 5 months, I wrote to him and the asshole didn't answer.

some weeks later he clicked AGAIN on my profile, I worte again and said " why won't you talk to me? if i am not your type, just say so "sorry, not my type"

and the guy copy/pasted exactly that so I received a message with "sorry, not my type", no " hey I am sorry but" or any line that would make it friendly.

I answered back " then please stop visiting my profile and fuck off!" haha, he pissed me off.

What is this site everyone keeps talking about that let you know who visited your profile?

_Isaac

This is funny. He does what you tell him to do, and you still get mad. :p
He probably found you attractive in the smallish profile pic you have or something.

sphinx

the piano man
This is funny. He does what you tell him to do, and you still get mad. :p
He probably found you attractive in the smallish profile pic you have or something.

I never react like that and I've probably have done the same: to think you haven't seen a pic/profile, click again and realize is a guy you've seen before and are not into, that is all fine, I understand

but with that guy I took my time to write a long ass message, with much more than "Hi!" or "what's up" and when I didn't received any sort of reply, I was pissed cause you gotta have some decency and internet etiquette and answer back with a friendly rejection.

when he came back to my profile yet again and he shamlessly copied/pasted the phrase I wrote, my interpretation was " you know, I don't give a fuck and I can't be bothered to give you a decent reply, so here". that's not cool at all.

I didn't downright say "fuck off" as the language we used is german, but I did say "well then, I don't want to see you visiting my profile again".

Don't shoot the messenger.

The GLBT community, at least in Germany, did include an extra P not long ago.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...liance-with-pedophiles-in-1980s-a-919119.html

In the 1980s, gay rights groups in Germany formed an alliance with pedophiles who advocated the legalization of sex with minors. It's a dark period few care to talk about now.

In July 1981, the gay interest magazine "Rosa Flieder" published an interview with Olaf Stüben. Stüben was one of the most infamous pedophiles in Germany at the time. As a writer for the leftist newspaper Die Tageszeitung, he openly advocated for people to accept pedophilia as healthy and moral.

In the magazine interview, Stüben is asked why it should be acceptable for adults to have sex with children and youths. He talks of quickies with young boys, and declares it backwards to maintain the taboo around inappropriately touching children. "Childlike innocence is an invention of the bourgeoisie of early capitalism," Stüben says.

The interview in "Rosa Flieder" was not a one-off lapse. On the contrary -- in the 1970s and 80s, numerous gay-oriented magazines brazenly promoted sex with children, even running pictures of naked boys. The magazine "Don" presented five sympathetic reports on the experiences of pedophilic men. The headline read, "We're not child rapists!"

In recent months, many in Germany have been discussing the extent to which the Green Party in the 1980s allowed itself to be manipulated by pedophiles. The party came under such intense pressure that it hired political scientist Franz Walter to look into its own history relating to the issue.

Yet it's now clear that the gay movement in Germany must also come to terms with this chapter of its history. Anyone who searches through archives can find ample evidence of the alliance between gay rights organizations and pedophile activists. If pedophiles got into trouble with the law, they could rely on legal advice from a group called "Gay Lawyers." Many politicians in the Green Party also made sure that calls for legalizing sex with children had an audience.

A Beneficial Alliance

Nowadays it seems puzzling why gays would get themselves mixed up with people whose sexual obsessions were downright illegal. The tolerance for pedophiles was fueled by several different sources. For one, many gays at the time knew all too well what it was like to be discriminated against by the state. Consensual sex between adult men was officially a criminal act up until the end of the 1960s. Only in 1969 did lawmakers in West Germany dismantle the infamous "Paragraph 175" of the German Criminal Code. At the same time, the sexual revolution was breaking out, and many men finally had the courage to come out of the closet.

Thus many gays didn't want to be the ones to judge others for their deviant sexual inclinations. In a climate of general tolerance, the movement lost its moral compass. The gay movement did not distance itself from men who acted on their desire for children; rather, it took them under its wing.

Then there was the remarkable idea that underage boys should not be denied the chance to have sexual experiences with grown men. Even today, the Association of Lesbians and Gays in Germany (LSVD) claims on its website that in the 1980s, the only men who spoke up were those who had enjoyed sex with adults in their youth.

For the pedophiles, the alliance with the gay movement was nothing but beneficial. They had a platform from which they could formulate objectives.

The gay movement helped pedophiles in entirely practical ways. In the pamphlet "Justly gay. Legal advice for gays," there is a one-and-a-half page "argumentation aid." It's an instruction on how men who are charged with child sexual abuse can best escape punishment.

Backlash Begins

The reader is spoken to informally: "If your sexual behavior is not contestable, but this behavior is limited to French kissing and mutual masturbation, your defense attorney can request that an expert witness take the stand." This could serve to negate the claim that such behavior is harmful to the sexual development of a child, the pamphlet continues. But only on one condition: "Suitable expert witnesses must be contacted in due time."

Beginning in the mid-1980s, the gay movement in Germany began to distance itself from pedophiles. At the Green Party convention of the western state of North Rhine-Westphalia in March 1985, the party approved a document that called for the legalization of "non-violent sexuality" between adults and children. The incident caused such an uproar that the Greens missed out on the chance to enter the state legislature.

The gay rights movement also began to notice how much damage the alliance with pedophiles was causing. Suddenly gays had to fight back against the cliche of the "homosexual child molester." Their actual goals, like the creation of an effective AIDS policy and the end of societal discrimination, were relegated to the background.

The women's movement was also partly responsible for raising awareness among leftists of the harm caused by pedophilia. Prominent feminist Alice Schwarzer was active in fighting child abuse when pedophilia was still considered an acceptable form of human sexuality in some circles.

While the now-defunct leftist alternative magazine "Pflasterstrand," then edited by current Green politician Daniel Cohn-Bendit, justified sex with children, Schwarzer caused a sensation with an interview in her magazine "Emma." She spoke with sexual educator Günter Amendt, who was considered especially progressive at the time. Still, he criticized that pedophiles always exploited their position of power over children. There could be no discussion of love on an equal standing, he said.

Past Advocates Tight-Lipped on Issue

Of course, Schwarzer says today, pedophilia is not an issue among gays. There are more heterosexual pedophiles than homosexual ones, she says. "But the gay rights movement needed to distance itself more clearly. And a problematization of pederasty, sex between men and young boys, has not yet occurred."

But there are hardly any gay activists who are willing to talk about the dark days of the past. Volker Beck, who represents Cologne in the German parliament, has made it clear that he has already said all he is going to say about the subject. Beck was for a long time the spokesman for the Greens' Federal Working Group for Gay Politics.

In the 1980s, he wrote a contribution for a book called "The Pedosexual Complex" in which he advocated for the decriminalization of sex with minors. He later claimed that the passages were later edited into his text. He can't prove if that is true or not.

The LSVD is also tight-lipped when it comes to clarifying its involvement with pedophilia. In the 1990s, they wrote clear explanations, says Günter Dworek from the board of directors. The paper from 1997 is essentially unapologetic. It says it is abuse "if adults satisfy their sexual needs at the cost of children." However, there is no word on the former alliance of gays and pedophiles in that text.

mantidor

This isn't really news, it even happened in the States, NAMBLA managed to join gay rights marches back in the 70s. More than "dark past" it was ignorance, homosexuality was still considered an illness by the medical community, and many gay people unfortunately thought they were at the same level as pedophiles, of course that didn't last.

Just wanted to give a little update about my situation. We've kept talking, it's nice. We're probably going out tonight.

At least I have a better understanding of what's going on with him. He told me he's back to "not taking part in relationships", he thinks it's all bullshit and he's happy being single/alone.
I told him I'm sure eventually he'll find someone who will change back his mind :p

So at least I'm glad that I'm sure now it's not about me. We'll see. I'm a bit afraid of getting closer and falling for him and him not changing his mind but I guess maybe it's worth a shot. He seems to be very interested in having me around.

Alcoori

Just wanted to give a little update about my situation. We've kept talking, it's nice. We're probably going out tonight.

At least I have a better understanding of what's going on with him. He told me he's back to "not taking part in relationships", he thinks it's all bullshit and he's happy being single/alone.
I told him I'm sure eventually he'll find someone who will change back his mind :p

So at least I'm glad that I'm sure now it's not about me. We'll see. I'm a bit afraid of getting closer and falling for him and him not changing his mind but I guess maybe it's worth a shot. He seems to be very interested in having me around.

I am in the same state of mind as your friend. I'm very happy being single and I am not faced with the predicament that I have met someone that I think is great but I am torn because I do not want anything serious right now.

We haven't had "the talk" and I hope it's not coming anytime soon because right now my answer would be no.

So yeah, it's not necessarily about you, he might also just not be into you that way. That's alright, but don't cling to the hope that if you stick around he will realize how great you are and that he will change his mind.

Halp, gayGAF. I don't know how I feel about kids.

(this is an awful time to bring this up given the recent LGBTP thing but it's in a totally platonic sense :lol)

Okay, so like... I'm talking from a parent perspective here. Don't get me wrong, I don't want kids any time soon, but I dunno how I feel about them. I mean, I hate the little guys, but I also don't mind them! It's confusing. D:

My mom's taught kindergarten for over 10 years and I was helping in her class for a lot of it. It sort of carried over to my lifeguarding job this summer. That is, I didn't mind dealing with them at the park. Hell, I chose spots in the back of the water park on purpose because it meant there were less asshole teenagers (and it was awesome cardio but that's not the point). I even got a few customer compliments because I didn't really yell / whistle at kids; I legitimately disciplined them. But that's where I'm conflicted. I like keeping the little ragamuffins in line because it means they won't grow up to be as huge of assholes in life, but at the same time I can't stand them! Ughhhh. I know this is more venting than an inquiry, but anyone else understand where I'm coming from? The whole kid bomb worries me in a relationship context too, and I'm starting to get to an age where kids won't land me on MTV. I feel like I'd suck as a parent since all I can do is discipline and I'd end up taking out my insecurities on them or something.

bsej87

I can relate. Growing up I was adamant about not wanting kids. Then I got older and my biological clock turned on and now I'm certain I want kids once I settle down.

I can relate. Growing up I was adamant about not wanting kids. Then I got older and my biological clock turned on and now I'm certain I want kids once I settle down.
I thought the biological clock was like strictly like a womby thing :p

I like kids, for an afternoon, but I'll eternally be too irresponsible/apathetic to ever take on that responsibility, even though I can imagine the rewards that it would carry in a really vivid way, I guess I imagine the costs as vividly and from that I know it's not for me. If I ever became committed to the idea I would probably be a pretty great parent because kids like me and I love being a benevolent pedagogue to a captive audience.

mantidor

I went from dreading the prospect of having children to maybe adopt to actually want a child of my own sometime in the future, growing old is the weirdest thing. :p

Caladrius

I'm not the kind of person that could really deal with the hardships associated with parenthood. No matter what happened I'd feel like everything bad was my fault regardless of what actually caused it.

I honestly have no idea if I want to adopt a kid or not. For now though, I'll focus on college and getting a steady job.

This isn't really news, it even happened in the States, NAMBLA managed to join gay rights marches back in the 70s. More than "dark past" it was ignorance, homosexuality was still considered an illness by the medical community, and many gay people unfortunately thought they were at the same level as pedophiles, of course that didn't last.

I... I had no idea.

Maybe that stigma is still prevalent in Russia? The main justification they have for criminalizing gays over there is because they think of them as being pedophiles. I never really understood where they got that idea from until now.

ivysaur12

Banned
Just had coffee with my ex because I wanted to be reminded of the shitty parts of him that really frustrated me.

That was working really well until it came out that he's been seeing someone I used to hook up with before I met my ex. I'm not even mad or jealous or anything, but what a weird phenomena that really would only happen to gay people (or if you were straight and dated two bi people, but that seems statistically lower...)

How odd.

mantidor

I... I had no idea.

Maybe that stigma is still prevalent in Russia? The main justification they have for criminalizing gays over there is because they think of them as being pedophiles. I never really understood where they got that idea from until now.

I don't know. It's really easy to stigmatize a group in that light, the differences between ephebophilia(sexual attraction to young teenagers) and actual pedophilia(sexual atraction to actual children) are often blurred, but attraction to young looking people is I think something that is very common in any age, gender or culture anywhere in the world, so it's very easy to really stigmatize gay people as "pedophiles" because many like young people, as in young looking people, but that is more fear mongering and play on semantics, it also happened in the States. I don't think the idea was "implanted" from the west as some paranoid russians believe, is just the easiest of scapegoats, it happens often unfortunately, even something as old and ubiquitous as the witch who steals your children, Hansel and Gretel, those kind of things led to stuff like the witch hunts and Salem trials, it's the sure way to get your populace to rile up, It's the "can someone think of the children" mentality.

Sexism plays a huge role too, lets not forget t.a.t.u came from Russia, and they were under aged teens, and of course the same crowd that is so homophobic right now in Russia didn't bat an eye to these girls, they were actually very successful. Take Britney Spears for instance as well, underage girl, but because she was meant to arouse heterosexual men no one said anything about "pedophilia".

RM8

Ah, I thought you recently said you were 15. It's the same anyway :p

I really don't know what to advice. To me it's weird that you crush so hard on people who make no romantic advances towards you, I feel like you allow it to happen to some degree.

royalan

Just had coffee with my ex because I wanted to be reminded of the shitty parts of him that really frustrated me.

That was working really well until it came out that he's been seeing someone I used to hook up with before I met my ex. I'm not even mad or jealous or anything, but what a weird phenomena that really would only happen to gay people (or if you were straight and dated two bi people, but that seems statistically lower...)

How odd.

It becomes a problem when you date someone who kinda has trust issues and you have to convince them your best friend since college (who is another gay male) is more like a brother than anyone you could even consider being sexual with, much less cheating with.

And then you realize that, for most part, this isn't as common a problem in the straight community, as most people's BFFs tend to be of the same sex, and thus not a big deal because they're attracted to the opposite sex.

Ah, I thought you recently said you were 15. It's the same anyway :p

I really don't know what to advice. To me it's weird that you crush so hard on people who make no romantic advances towards you, I feel like you allow it to happen to some degree.
It's not a crush.

I guess some way I could put it is that the guy is really interesting and he's weird, but in a good way, and I'd like to be his friend without worrying about some side crap like "falling" for him or whatever shit, we've talked and all so I just want to be his friend and that's it. I agree, tho, It's kind of my fault. Though I don't really have issues with other people. I just assume that every new person I meet hates me until they start talking to me, so it comes as a shock when someone.. hm... out of my confort zone (?) Talks to me.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

It's not a crush.

I guess some way I could put it is that the guy is really interesting and he's weird, but in a good way, and I'd like to be his friend without worrying about some side crap like "falling" for him or whatever shit, we've talked and all so I just want to be his friend and that's it. I agree, tho, It's kind of my fault. Though I don't really have issues with other people. I just assume that every new person I meet hates me until they start talking to me, so it comes as a shock when someone.. hm... out of my confort zone (?) Talks to me.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

You're 16 dude. Try and make sure you aren't kidding yourself or anything. I had plenty of desires to "just friends" people senseless but then realized I really didn't after letting it happen for a while. Make sure you're completely, genuinely willing to try and maintain a healthy platonic friendship with him before you go off opening up to him all the waym

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom