• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that is so weird. I have an attraction to people that have the opposite qualities I have (I mean physically). I have tanner, darker skin but I like lighter skin, I'm short but I want someone who is tall, I have small thin frame but I like bigger frames etc. But I have beard and would prefer someone with a beard. I don't know, attraction is weird.

That's pretty much common though. I mean I'm a scrawny guy and I'm deeply attracted to guys more buff than I am.

Hunfffff. Micky from Fratmen. Damn he's fine.

Promised myself I would so something productive today, and yet here I am. It's 12:40 am and I wasted all of my day playing Dead Rising and watching Dredd.

Maybe tomorrow.

Menaged

Just opened (and almost instantly deleted) a Gayromeo profile. Bloody hell, what a craptacular user interface.

How many dating sites are there? I see lots of names getting mentiond here.
In Israel we mainly use a site that's called "Atraf" which I don't think has any worldwide appeal. Some people also use Grindr, but not too many...

This dating but not really dating this guy feels a bit weird :p

We watched a movie with his friend last night. Going out tonight again. I'm cool. But it's still a bit weird.

I think it has to be weird after what happened, it's only natural.
But I'm quite sure that as time passes by and you'll hang out more, things will get better.
Did you initiate something with his Zack Efferon look alike friend?

Promised myself I would so something productive today, and yet here I am. It's 12:40 am and I wasted all of my day playing Dead Rising and watching Dredd.

Maybe tomorrow.

Doing something is overrated :p
Unless I really feel a drive to go outside or meet friends, I love spending time at home doing nothing.
As long as I'm doing stuff that makes me happy, then all is good.

Right now I'm in a problem though. I finished The last of Us last week and I can't bring myself to start a new game. I feel like nothing will be able to compete with it... Maybe something light hearted will do the trick. I have "A Crack in Time" sitting next to me, still sealed.

So the guy I'm not actually dating just told me he wanted to shove his tongue (down my throat) on text. I said: WHAT?. He Replied: "Drunk stuff". Followed by "Bye". I told him something like: WTF?. And wished him a good night and good flight.

So... that's that.

(As I said earlier we went out, with one of his friends again).

EDIT:
I think it has to be weird after what happened, it's only natural.
But I'm quite sure that as time passes by and you'll hang out more, things will get better.
Did you initiate something with his Zack Efferon look alike friend?
I was told he was going to join us tonight but he never arrived.

EDIT 2:
Maybe I should have said something like: "I would have liked you to" or "do it next time" but I guess he already knows that. Also my "WTF?" was mostly at him just saying bye after dropping that bomb but I wasn't going to beg or something.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Latinamerican men do not kiss, ever, maybe in Argentina, but the cabrón would make think this is from Mexico so I would say it was a gay movie. :p

It doesn't ring a bell unfortunately.
The reason I don't think it was a gay movie was because my parents were watching it, so they wouldn't be watching something that was just about that. It was mostly just that one scene, but I have no idea how the rest of it goes.

mantidor

The reason I don't think it was a gay movie was because my parents were watching it, so they wouldn't be watching something that was just about that. It was mostly just that one scene, but I have no idea how the rest of it goes.

Ok, I admit maybe "gay movie" is a stretch, but that relationship meant far more than just close friendship if it came form latinamerican cinema, depends on the movie of course but chances are they were meant to be gay.

It's the funniest thing, the relationship between Shinji and Kaworu in Evangelion immediately came to mind. This anime was very popular in Latinamerica, and there was an instance when Kaowru said to Shinji he "liked" him, literally. Of course everyone thought that when Kaworu said " I like you" it meant he was just gay and wanted Shinji, when in a japanese context is far more complicated than that, and I would say he was far from wanting to get into Shinji's pants. English and Japanese have that in common, "I like you" means a million of things in different contexts, in Spanish not so much, and to make matters worst, it can vary greatly between spanish speaking countries.

gerg

So the guy I'm not actually dating just told me he wanted to shove his tongue (down my throat) on text. I said: WHAT?. He Replied: "Drunk stuff". Followed by "Bye". I told him something like: WTF?. And wished him a good night and good flight.

So... that's that.

(As I said earlier we went out, with one of his friends again).

Ugh. To be frank, if he keeps on doing stuff like that, I'm not sure I'd even bother being his friend.

I'm not sure myself. You get OKCupid, a free service (which isn't exclusively gay) which is really good in a place like London where there are tons on users. GayRomeo is apparently popular in Europe, but in Edinburgh it seemed pretty dead. (To be fair, though, I didn't get too far through its 1990s' interface.) Apart from that, you just have Grindr, but I'll probably check out Hornet as well.

Mark1

In Israel we mainly use a site that's called "Atraf" which I don't think has any worldwide appeal. Some people also use Grindr, but not too many...
You could try match.com, only problem is if you want to see who has winked at you or whatever, then you need a pay a subscription.

EDIT: There's a LBGT running team whom operate just outside of my gym on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings, think I'll join this.

Menaged

You could try match.com, only problem is if you want to see who has winked at you or whatever, then you need a pay a subscription.

I'm doing fine with the local site, I was just curious to know how many options are out there.
I won't sign up for another site, since I barly use this one. I know it's the easiest way to meet guys, but I find it really hard to do. I know that I probably don't have a choice, and I hate it

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Does Match actually work on gay relationships now? I thought they didn't do that, or was it eHarmony or something like that.

Menaged

My instincts were correct... :\
He didn't call beacuse he was busy, but he meant to yesterday to tell me it's not working out. He sees me more as a friend than a romantic partner.

I know it's idiotic to feel bummed out over someone I met only twice in person, and know for around 3 weeks, but I can't help it. I don't date a lot and I saw potential, so it really sucks.

I guess I'll shake that feeling quite soon, but still...

He didn't call beacuse he was busy, but he meant to yesterday to tell me it's not working out. He sees me more as a friend than a romantic partner.

I know it's idiotic to feel bummed out over someone I met only twice in person, and know for around 3 weeks, but I can't help it. I don't date a lot and I saw potential, so it really sucks.

Oh boy. I've been there and it sucks. You'll be fine.

Mark1

I felt similar to you, but not romantic related. Happened with some people whom I thought were my friends. The feeling will shake off

Aww :( *Gaygaf Group Hug for Menaged*

daripad

My instincts were correct... :

Ouch, that must have hurt. I'm sorry for that, but life can give something for you if you try other guys

ivysaur12

Banned
Drunk Ivy Talking:

Fuck. Well.

Went out to a friend's BBQ. There was a hot gay couple there. Ended up making out with one of them in a bathroom. He said his bf and him talked about it and wanted a threesome. This was apparently not the case.

I left, embarrassed. Went out. Saw my ex. It crushed me. Left. I am a ball of emotions and I hate it.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

sruckus

Went out to a friend's BBQ. There was a hot gay couple there. Ended up making out with one of them in a bathroom. He said his bf and him talked about it and wanted a threesome. This was apparently not the case.

Stories like this always make me so excited for a relationship. As if I'm not paranoid enough I'd constsntly be worrying my BF was cheating and/or giving me HIV.

Also talked to another guy whose BF did the same thing and actually did get HIV. Luckily he got tested like 6 times and was clean.

I get being trusting and everything, but it's quite another thing when it's your health and life.

royalan

Drunk Ivy Talking:

Fuck. Well.

I left, embarrassed. Went out. Saw my ex. It crushed me. Left. I am a ball of emotions and I hate it.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Silver lining: you're apparently hot enough to make a guy cheat on his boyfriend who was probably only 20ft away. I'd feel pretty badass.

ivysaur12

Banned
Silver lining: you're apparently hot enough to make a guy cheat on his boyfriend who was probably only 20ft away. I'd feel pretty badass.

Oy. Ugh. I thought he was being sincere, or else I wouldn't have done anything.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I can't sleep. I'm just... ugh. I angrily texted my ex. I think I ruined a relationship. I'm the worst.

Maybe Robyn gets me?

Hige

The other guy's the one who should be embarrassed. I thought you had lunch with your ex to remind yourself about all the bad things or whatever. How long ago did you break up? Have you given yourself time to decompress, maybe change your routine?

ivysaur12

Banned
The other guy's the one who should be embarrassed. I thought you had lunch with your ex to remind yourself about all the bad things or whatever. How long ago did you break up? Have you given yourself time to decompress, maybe change your routine?

I did. And then I saw him at a club and it was like WOOOOOOSH EMOTIONS HI EMOTIONS!!!!!!!!!!

We broke up a while ago. I don't know why he still kills me. And thanks... the thing with that guy was super embarrassing. I'm not one to butt in relationships, but jesus, I was told something completely different than reality. Ugh.

Don't want to use GAF as therapy or a pity party. But I'm drunk and sad and it's almost 3AM.

Menaged

Thank you guys so much. Your posts of encouragment are really helpful :)
It's a new day and as expected, I feel much better.
I'll try to live up to the promise I made to myself a few weeks ago, that I need to be more active in my search for a partner, so I need to put myself out there.

This guy is getting on my nerves sometimes. He likes to constantly remind everyone (on twitter/instagram) that being single is the most amazing thing on earth and that falling in love is the worst thing that could happen to anyone.

I just want to tell him that if he's so fucking happy then shut the fuck about it :p

It's like he's trying too hard to convince everyone else that he's sooooooooo happy right now (and it leads me to think it's the opposite). He's probably trying to send a message to his ex. I don't even know what went on there but my guess is it must have been pretty bad,

scarlet

0lnB9iD.gif

Alcoori

Oy. Ugh. I thought he was being sincere, or else I wouldn't have done anything.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I can't sleep. I'm just... ugh. I angrily texted my ex. I think I ruined a relationship. I'm the worst.

Maybe Robyn gets me?

She probably does get you, Robyn's great like that.

That said none of this is your fault. You were given false info, the only person responsible is the one boyfriend.

gerg

Eh, on the one hand, pretty decent body, on the other hand a pretty weird nose and is that a near-unibrow?

Also, big bags under his eyes and very bony shoulders.

Am I doing this right? I'll shut up now. : P

Alcoori

Eh, on the one hand, pretty decent body, on the other hand a pretty weird nose and is that a near-unibrow?

Also, big bags under his eyes and very bony shoulders.

Am I doing this right? I'll shut up now. : P
Is bony shoulders the new sharp knees?

ivysaur12

Banned
She probably does get you, Robyn's great like that.

That said none of this is your fault. You were given false info, the only person responsible is the one boyfriend.

Thanks. I'm better now. Had a nice day -- deleted my ex's number out of phone, decided I needed ANUSTART.

_Isaac

He's Icelandic strongman Hafþór "Thor" Björnsson, playing Gregor Clegane AKA The Mountain.

He's only 24 (looks at least 10 years older tbh) and is 6 feet 9 inches!!! :O

*swoon*

Your spoiler makes it seem like you're going to spoil something from A Song of Ice and Fire. It's really confusing. Anyway, isn't this the third actor they've gotten for Gregor Clegane already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom