• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamuna

I think this idea is both adorable and a feasible :D

I ordered the shrink wrap last night. I may have to cut some styrofoam so the ring stays in place, otherwise everything should be good.

So now I have to figure out the sappy note to go along with it. "Marry me" is direct but sounds too much like an AD reference. I could make a pokemon pun like "will you be my eternal rival" or something but that's almost too out there even if I like it. I guess at this point anyone listening to the story years down the line will see as dorks regardless. May as well go all out.

Any ideas?

Well, I can definitely say I have a new favorite contestant of the "if Seth Rogen and Phil Fish had a hobo lovechild" competition.

iceburn.sparkleejaypeg

I'll have to see if I know of any attractive game designers. I think some of the Rooster Teeth / Achievement Hunter guys are cuties, but more in the "I ship it" sense.

bsej87

I ordered the shrink wrap last night. I may have to cut some styrofoam so the ring stays in place, otherwise everything should be good.

So now I have to figure out the sappy note to go along with it. "Marry me" is direct but sounds too much like an AD reference. I could make a pokemon pun like "will you be my eternal rival" or something but that's almost too out there even if I like it. I guess at this point anyone listening to the story years down the line will see as dorks regardless. May as well go all out.

Any ideas?

It's horribly cheesy/on the nose, but you could do a play on
550px-Cancel-an-Evolution-in-a-Pok%C3%A9mon-Game-Step-2.jpg

Along the lines of "What? Our relationship is evolving!" Maybe?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratsky sis did you watch Nashville? Honestly I didn't care that much for the premiere because it seems like it's just gonna be more of the same. But I'll keep watching for Hayden and gay cowboy, who's story I'm most interested in (despite being wildly cliche).

Not yet. I'll try to watch it later today.

So I need ideas on how to propose to my boyfriend. He knows it's coming, just doesn't know when or how.

He's commandeered my 3ds.
He's a tattoo artist.

I kinda want to do something with a 3ds game case. He wants to play pokemon Y so bad, so part of me wants to pick up the game and replace the cartridge with the ring and a sappy note and then shrink wrap it. He's also hyped for zelda, and since he doesn't keep up with release dates I could photoshop the cover art haha.

I could also do something simple like place the ring with his tattoo gun or supplies. I don't know.

I've got it! Turn the 3DS case into a makeshift badge case and make him run on a little scavenger hunt. You could have a badge hidden in his tattoo supplies so he could defeat the Steel gym!

Add little anecdotes for each representing a type. Maybe put Grass somewhere in the lawn or a potted plant. Maybe even have the badge rewards in-game (such as HM use etc) represented by milestones in your relationship?

And then have the eighth badge be the ring!

If you want to go all out and have music coming from a sound system at the end, I can whip up a romantic church ditty reprise of the Induction to the Hall of Fame theme.

mantidor

bah, I missed that thread and now the party is over ;-( I would have submitted my pic of a couple weeks back.

I'd choose to be december in the "realGAF Calendar" if given a chance :D

The thread isn't even that old, the party is not over.

It's horribly cheesy/on the nose, but you could do a play on

Along the lines of "What? Our relationship is evolving!" Maybe?

This is the geekiest, dorkiest marriage proposal ever.

I see no way to not use it now.

Masamuna

I've got it! Turn the 3DS case into a makeshift badge case and make him run on a little scavenger hunt. You could have a badge hidden in his tattoo supplies so he could defeat the Steel gym!

Add little anecdotes for each representing a type. Maybe put Grass somewhere in the lawn or a potted plant. Maybe even have the badge rewards in-game (such as HM use etc) represented by milestones in your relationship?

If you want to go all out and have music coming from a sound system at the end, I can whip up a romantic church ditty reprise of the Induction to the Hall of Fame theme.

I'm not sure he'd go for that, even if it sounds awesome. I can already see the look he'd give me ^o^

OMG thats so cute! That's an awesome idea

LOCK

I'm currently in grad school, last year of my PhD, and I'm teaching two classes this semester. Well one of my students is so fucking sexy, and smart. I've never in my six years of teaching had this problem of concentrating to teach. What's worse, he let me know in a round about way that he knew I was into him...and he didn't care and actually flirts with me. :/ It's going to be a long semester.

In other news, I got the awkward bathroom stall foot tap the other day. Yeah but NO.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm currently in grad school, last year of my PhD, and I currently teach two classes this semester. Well one of my students is so fucking sexy, and smart. I've never in my six years of teaching had this problem of concentrating to teach. What's worse, he let me know in a round about way that he knew I was into him...and he didn't care and actually flirts with me. :/ It's going to be a long semester.

Fail him so he has to leave your class.

In other news, I got the awkward bathroom stall foot tap the other day. Yeah but NO.

Live a little!

Caladrius

I'm currently in grad school, last year of my PhD, and I'm teaching two classes this semester. Well one of my students is so fucking sexy, and smart. I've never in my six years of teaching had this problem of concentrating to teach. What's worse, he let me know in a round about way that he knew I was into him...and he didn't care and actually flirts with me. :/ It's going to be a long semester.

Do the best you can for his sake then, remember that he's counting on you to learn.

What is the significance of this foot-tapping gesture, might I ask?

Also Ratsky I keep missing blindly obvious opportunities to socialize with the guy in my Geo class. Please pimpslap me. I finished my classwork 15 minutes before he and his friend did and didn't think about helping until after I already left the classroom. :/

LOCK

Do the best you can for his sake then, remember that he's counting on you to learn.

Also Ratsky I keep missing blindly obvious opportunities to socialize with the guy in my Geo class. Please pimpslap me. I finished my classwork 15 minutes before he and his friend did and didn't think about helping until after I already left the classroom. :/
I always give it my best when it comes to teaching. I've won university wide teaching awards (bragging).

The foot tap thing is when someone taps their foot close to the edge/in your stall indicating that they are up for sexy adventures lol

How did he let you know?
He said something along the lines that he didn't mind if I looked at him when asking the class questions, and with the occasional looks he smiles at me. Plus other hints such as asking me personal questions like what I'm doing on so and so nights etc etc.

He also told me that he thought the subject boring but I made going to class worth it... :O

Bladenic

I always give it my best when it comes to teaching. I've won university wide teaching awards (bragging).

The foot tap thing is when someone taps their foot close to the edge/in your stall indicating that they are up for sexy adventures lol

He said something along the lines that he didn't mind if I looked at him when asking the class questions, and with the occasional looks he smiles at me. Plus other hints such as asking me personal questions like what I'm doing on so and so nights etc etc.

He also told me that he thought the subject boring but I made going to class worth it... :O

He wants you.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I could sort of fail him and hopefully he ask for "extra credit".... :O

If you want to go that route, sure!

I've had sex in a bathroom, but I rather not do that anymore and actually want to get to know people first.

Oh. Have you gotten over your slutty phase or something? :/

Foot tapping is supposedly a signal/code for public sex. At least for gay men.

Life is short, hon. If you don't socialize with him today, he/you may be dead the next day and then what? You may never have the chance to socialize with him again! Seize the moment for gay's sake!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah and no. Summers over so I have to be a little more serious plus there is my work I have to do. It leaves me with little time to do a whole lot. But the occasional night and slutty ways will sneak back lol

You're too busy for a 5 minute quickie in the bathroom every now and then? C'mon mang you need to de-bizzify your life! Make time for life's simple pleasures!

Queer Baloo is my favorite. <3

Bladenic

:/ I know but it is like forbidden.

Yeah and no. Summers over so I have to be a little more serious plus there is my work I have to do. It leaves me with little time to do a whole lot. But the occasional night and slutty ways will sneak back lol

Grad/student hook ups are forbidden? That's news to me.. Are you sure it's not just heavily frowned upon? Besides.. Nobody has to know ;)

You're too busy for a 5 minute quickie in the bathroom every now and then? C'mon mang you need to de-bizzify your life! Make time for life's simple pleasures!

Queer Baloo is my favorite. <3

I'm not sure if I had a crush on Kit Cloudkicker or if I wanted to be his friend as a kid, but it feels weird looking back on it. He was just too cool.

LOCK

Well I'd prefer if they bought me a drink first. lol
Grad/student hook ups are forbidden? That's news to me.. Are you sure it's not just heavily frowned upon? Besides.. Nobody has to know ;)
Well it is frowned upon, and everyone considers it unethical. Now once the class is over, that is another thing. The thing is if he makes a real move at me I'd probably go for it.

That twink? Really? Baloo was where it was at!

but Kit is a bear...and a kid. This is getting weird. I can tell you I knew I was gay when I was in kindergarten. I hate weird dreams about the Gorilla in the original ghostbusters cartoon. Not erotic exactly, but I knew something was different. I think it was where my muscle bear attraction took hold. Thank the lord I turned out gay and not a furry.

0nYArko.jpg

bsej87

Well it is frowned upon, and everyone considers it unethical. Now once the class is over, that is another thing. The thing is if he makes a real move at me I'd probably go for it.

Are you sure? Where I'm at it's expressly forbidden while they're enrolled in the class. Plus it just being generally unwise for ethical conflict reasons and potential for it to turn sour and/or be abused come end-of-term grade begging/scheming

LOCK

Are you sure? Where I'm at it's expressly forbidden while they're enrolled in the class. Plus it just being generally unwise for ethical conflict reasons and potential for it to turn sour and/or be abused come end-of-term grade begging/scheming

My university's policy states that an amorous relationship with a student shouldn't affect the student in the classroom. Two consenting adults could have some sort of relationship as long as it doesn't affect that student-teacher relationship in the classroom (and the grade book). Once the're not your student, nobody should care.

mantidor

Pretend you live in the 40s and he's a girl, it was perfectly acceptable and even expected :p.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratsky sis did you watch Nashville? Honestly I didn't care that much for the premiere because it seems like it's just gonna be more of the same. But I'll keep watching for Hayden and gay cowboy, who's story I'm most interested in (despite being wildly cliche).

There's a thread for it btw.

Cross post:

Yep, that was an episode of Nashville. Not much has changed, for better or worse. I had kind of hoped that the writers would have, I don't know, figured out how to make the show better or something, but it seems like they're just content with keeping it an average soap with added country music. Which I'm fine with, I guess, because it's still pretty entertaining, but I'll admit that I'm a little disappointed that the writers evidently don't seem to have any grander ambitions.

Need dat alcohol to lower your inhibitions? Just drink before you go to school/work - problem solved!

I can tell you I knew I was gay when I was in kindergarten. I hate weird dreams about the Gorilla in the original ghostbusters cartoon. Not erotic exactly, but I knew something was different. I think it was where my muscle bear attraction took hold. Thank the lord I turned out gay and not a furry.

I actually remember having similar dreams about the physiques of certain cartoon characters when I was young too! I have a really awful memory when it comes to my childhood though, so I don't quite remember which ones I liked.

Kangi

I had crushes in kindergarten, but it wasn't until I was around twelve when I started realizing I was gay (took until 17 for me to identify as such), and that was catalyzed by a... certain cartoon character.

mantidor

I had crushes in kindergarten, but it wasn't until I was around twelve when I started realizing I was gay (took until 17 for me to identify as such), and that was catalyzed by a... certain cartoon character.

omg you too?

I realized at 6 though...
there was some cartoon bodybuilder short in Sesame Street that made me feel funny...

Kangi

omg you too?

I realized at 6 though...
there was some cartoon bodybuilder short in Sesame Street that made me feel funny...

Oh, I would dream about naked guys at six (obviously it wasn't sexual, but it was indicative of something, surely), but I would always internally pass it off as curiosity. That cartoon character was what made me "feel funny" enough to start looking inward, though.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Which one?! :O

Oh, I would dream about naked guys at six (obviously it wasn't sexual, but it was indicative of something, surely),

How did you know what naked guys looked like at age six?

Prompto

Banned
Was anyone else initially attracted to girls but then ended up attracted to guys? I had crushes on girls in the fifth and sixth grade but randomly by 7th grade it was all about the guys for me and my attraction to girls just disappeared. It was very confusing. Show me tits in the fifth grade and I would freak out. Show me tits now and I barely feel a thing.

Kangi

How did you know what naked guys looked like at age six?
Extrapolation, mostly. "Shirtless adult guy" + "my lower body, but older" = my mental image of a naked guy.

Which one?! :O

Well, I was twelve.

You know what you don't do to a sexually confused twelve-year-old? You don't put this in his favorite cartoon. And then have similar scenes for literally a third of the show. So yeah, that was one very strange Friday night for me.

It's still one of my favorite episodes...

Was anyone else initially attracted to girls but then ended up attracted to guys? I had crushes on girls in the fifth and sixth grade but randomly by 7th grade it was all about the guys for me and my attraction to girls just disappeared. It was very confusing. Show me tits in the fifth grade and I would freak out. Show me tits now and I barely feel a thing.

I had a "straight phase" when I was 10, during which I was obsessed with breasts. One day I finally managed to skirt around the parental controls on my computer, and a Google search or two later I finally saw, after so long trying, naked breasts. ...It was completely underwhelming and I went back to thinking about guys.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Extrapolation, mostly. "Shirtless adult guy" + "my lower body, but older" = my mental image of a naked guy.

Makes sense.

Well, I was twelve.

You know what you don't do to a sexually confused twelve-year-old? You don't put this in his favorite cartoon. And then have similar scenes for literally a third of the show. So yeah, that was one very strange Friday night for me.

haha that was a good episode! :D

Prompto

Banned
Well, I was twelve.

Haha you too? I had the same experience with that episode at the same age too.

Kangi

Haha you too? I had the same experience with that episode at the same age too.

I literally counted at one point and found that TWENTY episodes of the show (which was sixty
one
episodes total) had scenes with him either shirtless or in his speedo/underwear. He's my favorite character (hence my avatar) for other reasons, but growing up, that was one very confusing bonus.

There was another popular anime on TV that in one episode shows a full grown adult woman completely naked from head to toe, and the protagonist (who's a kid) oogles her looking through his fingers while pretending to be covering his eyes, with the "camera" paying close attention to her butt and breasts... it's insane to think how this was considered OK in Arab countries back in the 80's... no way it would fly today.

Kangi

Male child nudity is considered fine in children's anime because it's considered "innocent and pure" in Japan. Not sure if that's optimistic or just naive.

Never heard of an adult, let alone an adult woman, being nude in any kid-oriented anime, though. Usually it's the same kind of formula that determines whether or not you can show an uncovered butt on western kids' cartoons: "yes" if it's a young male character who is also drawn in a non-realistic style (Avatar for example would never get away with it, something like Phineas and Ferb would and does), "no" under any other circumstance.

Amalthea

Banned
Japanese didn't have the the same moral values as cultures with Abrahamic religions. Some where imported by the West. Like homophobia and not walking around naked.

Otherwise there wouldn't be such fine arts as fart calligraphy, tentacle rape and male gay erotica for teen girls.

EDIT: And Kanamara Matsuri.
Googling it is NSFW btw.

Kangi

Getting back into Wii Fit. It's kicking my butt even though I can't even use any balance board exercises because mine won't turn on. Have to use a cleaner on the metal battery contacts due to acid buildup.

All this because I'm gaining a gut and my rear end is becoming a potato sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom