• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wkfl4te.png

daripad

It seems I'm the culprit :/

That's awesome about your sister by the way. Can you tell us what it was that she shared?

Nah, it's fine :p You look great on your pics btw.

So I came out to my sister today. She was surprised at first but she quickly showed that it didn't matter for her. It's great to have her as my sister, the only member on my family that I could say I trust and today just confirmed my love for her. Best sister in the world.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I am going out with a boy tonight.

This is only my second date ever; the first was over a year ago. :eek:

[edit] oooh, congratulations, dari! Good for you.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So I came out to my sister today. She was surprised at first but she quickly showed that it didn't matter for her. It's great to have her as my sister, the only member on my family that I could say I trust and today just confirmed my love for her. Best sister in the world.

Aw, that's so nice to hear. I'm happy for you. :)

Congratulations. Glad that it worked out for you.

Super Awesome to hear! :) Congrats. It does indeed feel great to have a sibling that you can be open about with. Hope your relationship with your sis grows even stronger and more awesome!

mantidor

I am going out with a boy tonight.

This is only my second date ever; the first was over a year ago. :eek:

[edit] oooh, congratulations, dari! Good for you.

Good news! good luck in your date, and I'm glad everything worked out well for daripad!

I needed those good news, remember my "date"? well, the bastard stood me up, and doesn't answer messages anymore... for some amazing coincidence, my friends were nearby, so at least I can hang out with them, this is very fortunate otherwise I'd be kind of a wreck right now.

That's great man! Glad things worked out for you.

I'm just laying in my bed now just thinking about stuff and hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Kangi

I didn't get a date, so I didn't get stood up. Yay me.

Then again, my best friend has been upset and unresponsive for the past week, so I can't talk or play with him like I used to. I don't have it much better right now.

RM8

Cheer up, Negative Squad! :p

I had an okay day myself. Tomorrow will be better because I'll have breakfast with my father, and I'll watch the new DBZ movie later in the day with some friends. I also feel excited because I finally decided I'm quitting my job in December and I'll attempt to pull off a rather drastic career change once I'm done with my thesis, for this I'm reaaaally going to need to step up my English and Japanese :S It's scary, and while I've saved enough money I hope I don't stay unemployed for too long... I've never been unemployed before :/ When I got this job I was still doing my... uh, we call it "social service" here, it's basically an internship.

I'll dedicate most of my time to my thesis, but also I'll be able to have a proper schedule for working out, I'll be able to cook my food, I'll have more time to spend with my friends, and maybe go back to dating! :p Good times ahead. Maybe. Sucky part is that I won't be able to buy a lot of games until I find a new job :(

Christopher

So my second couple of gay friends got married this last weekend and had a huge wedding geeze it made mine seem like on welfare lol.

I'm just so happy to see equality they worked so hard through so much. Also they weren't club goers at all which seems like a hazard among couples

Amalthea

Banned
I believe the "male" pasta is called penne and it sounds like the word penis in Spanish (and Italian too, I think)
He's obviously afraid that his pasta and penne in his extensive pasta farms won't mate heterosexually anymore and thus wouldn't produce enough quantities of pasta eggs for new pasta to hatch anymore. Not to forget the many body liquids of pasta that are the base for the sauces would be lost.

daripad

Thanks guys, it felt so good when I saw her reaction. I haven't talked with her much about it, but I told her that I was confuses lately too, because I wpuld get some feelings with girls and she was very comprehensive.

Now I won't come out to anyone else anytime soon, so this doesn't change my life significantly. The rest of my family will be a difficult task and I'm not ready for a big step as that one yet.

And definitly this has been a better half ofthe year than the last one, lots of things happening in just three months. If only I could end my weight loss, but school won't let me do that until this semester ends.

Sai-kun

Banned
From the thread about the trans woman being called "it" on gaming side:

I wish there was a better way to deal with something like this rather than ruining some working comedians career.

Can the LGBT community quit this life-destroying behavior? Was there an attempt to contact this guy directly and educate him instead of public shaming and making sure he will probably never get a corporate gig again?

I hate this fucking website and everyone on it.

HunkyDory

Neo Member
Good news! good luck in your date, and I'm glad everything worked out well for daripad!

I needed those good news, remember my "date"? well, the bastard stood me up, and doesn't answer messages anymore... for some amazing coincidence, my friends were nearby, so at least I can hang out with them, this is very fortunate otherwise I'd be kind of a wreck right now.

Really sorry to read about this - what a shitty thing to do to somebody. :(

Bit of a cliche, but true nonetheless - better to find out what people are like sooner rather than later.

On the other hand, reading your posts about your sister put a smile on my face Daripad and have me a kick up the arse to phone my own family and say hi. :)

bsej87

Now that we've ruined marriage, it was only natural that we'd continue with our plan and start taking out other comedians to make way for Empress Ellen to reign supreme.

Caladrius

Now that we've ruined marriage, it was only natural that we'd continue with our plan and start taking out other comedians to make way for Empress Ellen to reign supreme.

Some people don't understand the idea of violating basic human decency and integrity. These are known in common parlance as "asshats". And unfortunately they aren't going to let themselves acknowledge this.

So many in that thread have barricaded themselves with plausible deniability and are now in power.

I should have stayed out.

HOLY FUCK
I think the point is that a woman will look like a woman with or without makeup. The person in question here looks nothing like a woman, she looks like a man with a ridiculous wig. If this person is going to get offended when people refer to her as a man she should make some effort to look like a woman.

Some people don't understand the idea of violating basic human decency and integrity. These are known in common parlance as "asshats". And unfortunately they aren't going to let themselves acknowledge this.

"Mommy, Daddy, will you still love me if gays can get married?"
"I don't know honey, I don't know..."

I don't understand homophobes and transphobes.

RM8

@Snake: There should be olympic games twice a year.
---

I'm well past beyond the point of taking Internet dickery seriously. Yet man, why are people so incredibly mean to trans people? I don't want to biasedly accuse everyone who doesn't side with her as transphobic, but it's like... for some people, the comedian by default holds more credibility or something.

Caladrius

"Mommy, Daddy, will you still love me if gays can get married?"
"I don't know honey, I don't know..."

I don't understand homophobes and transphobes.

I'm of the opinion that people think that way based off of instinct against "The Outsider" (based off of cultural ideas about the norm) and never think to question it or are never given a motivation to.

You can see this in a lot of places, from leninism, some particularly bizarre strains of radical feminism, fundamentalism,authoritarianism, anti-western sentiment, and probably many more. If you look at a lot of what comes from those outlets you'll almost always see that identifying element of an outsider: "Bourgois", "buying into the patriarchal society","Godless","seditious", "a foreign invention". The only way they rationalize their behavior is to try and outline queer people as alien to "us".

Prompto

Banned
Quick question: Would any of you guys recommend joining an LGBT club at school? I have pretty much zero gay friends not counting an ex I talk to from time to time.

Since we're talking bout trans people, I have a related anecdote that happened to me yesterday:
I was looking for fap material on cam4, saw a guy who looked extremely hot, opened his cam. He was sitting naked and just after a bit I realized he had no penis. I scrolled down and read his bio and yes, he was a female-to-male transgender guy. I was obviously a bit confused at first because well, he sort of had a vagina, but I still found him really hot so I made sure to compliment him
and had my happy ending after a while.

Since we're talking bout trans people, I have a related anecdote that happened to me yesterday:
I was looking for fap material on cam4, saw a guy who looked extremely hot, opened his cam. He was sitting naked and just after a bit I realized he had no penis. I scrolled down and read his bio and yes, he was a female-to-male transgender guy. I was obviously a bit confused at first because well, he sort of had a vagina, but I still found him really hot so I made sure to compliment him
and had my happy ending after a while.

Hot story. Would read again. A+++

RM8

Is that a common sight in the olympics? I haven't watched the games since... I was too young to care much about guys. Now I feel like I've been missing out.
Well, since I prefer swimmers, olympic games are a joyous time for me :D

I've always liked them regardless of any potential eye candy, of course. But it's a really nice plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom