• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII for the first time today and I think Snow is my first video game crush ever.
l6.jpg

Cut YoungBlade some slack... his crush is hotter than my first video game crush, Squall from Final Fantasy VIII:

I had that as my desktop background for the longest time... I had shit taste :(

That was a prerelease promo image if I'm not mistaken, and he looks a little better in the game CG I think:

squallit2.jpg

squall+1.jpg

But still an emo twink.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Agreed.

Cut YoungBlade some slack... his crush is hotter than my first video game crush, Squall from Final Fantasy VIII:

I had that as my desktop background for the longest time... I had shit taste :(

That was a prerelease promo image if I'm not mistaken, and he looks a little better in the game CG I think:
But still an emo twink.
I actually really liked Squall because I related to him. :|

When FF8 came out I was 10 and had a crush on Rinoa, wat. I don't know who my first crush on a guy from a video game was.
I thought she was kinda cute, too. But definitely no crush.

. . . Solid Snake on the other hand. >>

To be honest, the only video game character (or any animated fictional character, really) that I've ever had a crush on was Reyn from Xenoblade.

I just typically don't associate attractiveness to what I consider to be a bunch of polygons. Comes with being a CS student, I guess. =P

To be honest, the only video game character (or any animated fictional character, really) that I've ever had a crush on was Reyn from Xenoblade.

I just typically don't associate attractiveness to what I consider to be a bunch of polygons. Comes with being a CS student, I guess. =P

I'd say it has nothing to do with it. I studied CS and I find polygon bodies erotic as all hell, as do my CS college buddies.

I'd say it has nothing to do with it. I studied CS and I find polygon bodies erotic as all hell, as do my CS college buddies.

Well, that's the only explanation I can come up with lol.

Maybe, hm, I just don't see the point of being attracted to a fictional character...? I dunno.

Mr_Zombie

I don't remember my video game crushes from childhood (well, except from custom characters made in character creators), but my recent VG crush was Lee from The Walking Dead game. I could listen to him talking all day.

Mark1

Quite pleased with amount of effort I've done to meet LGBT people. Helped set up a stall for my university which allowed me to converse with some. I accompanied them for the Fresher's Fayre where I helped encourage people to join our society. As I've mentioned before I took an interest in this LGBT running group I found while at my gym. I wanted to meet more guys to make more friends and potentially find a BF that way. My straight friend told me about his gay friend whom I added on FB, we get along really well, have met once and can see us being good friends. He even said he could show me the gay side of Glasgow. :)

Haha. Ryu from SFII was my first video game crush, too.

Seeing Morty mentioned makes me remember I also liked him and Gary from the Pokemon anime.

Childhood was fun.

Masamuna

I pretty much outted myself to my best friend over dead rising 2. Or atleast that was the first time I told him he could play with the banana hammock on or not play at all if I was over. Chucks ass just don't quit!

Abel looks like a high school crush of mine.

beril

Nope. Being a programmer/3D artist and generally well versed in the in the technical aspect of computer graphics I can still be attracted to plenty of characters, high poly/low poly or pixel art.

But yes. Reyn is hot

Speaking of early video game crushes though:
WV1qi6p.jpg

HNNNNG

Grakl

Quick question: Would any of you guys recommend joining an LGBT club at school? I have pretty much zero gay friends not counting an ex I talk to from time to time.

don't worry if you don't like the people in the club - trying to make friends exclusively because of sexuality wont always yield good results

join other clubs around campus too, you'll probably make some friends that are gay there as well

Quick question: Would any of you guys recommend joining an LGBT club at school? I have pretty much zero gay friends not counting an ex I talk to from time to time.

I was going to do this, but they met on Wednesdays when I had biology and chemistry lab. For two years. And at this point I kind of don't want to join. I don't feel a need to really seek out any gay friends.

Spree

I pretty much outted myself to my best friend over dead rising 2. Or atleast that was the first time I told him he could play with the banana hammock on or not play at all if I was over. Chucks ass just don't quit!

... suddenly I'm a Dead Rising fan.

gerg

I didn't think of joining my uni's LGBT society, until a counsellor suggested it might be easier to form a long-lasting relationship through it (than with random encounters at a club, for example). I went, had a three-week relatonship, but then stuck around until I ended up on the committee. : P

I never knew how much I'd value having gay friends (even if the majority of my friends are women) until I went to an LGBT society. (You'd think that at art college gay men would be a dime a dozen.)

Prompto

Banned
don't worry if you don't like the people in the club - trying to make friends exclusively because of sexuality wont always yield good results

join other clubs around campus too, you'll probably make some friends that are gay there as well
Yeah I'm joining a couple of clubs this semester including the gaming club. Also decided to join the lgbt club as well. I just want to meet new people. I've known most of the friends I have since high school or earlier.

RM8

Jin, so hot. And then there's Kyo from KOF.

50ZtIiC.jpg

Actually, SNK has an insane amount of nicely designed male characters :p

Wish I had the balls to tell my Mom that I believe there is a God but I don't really like being catholic or religious.
Don't know how to explain it, like I live in live fear of God but I really don't like Catholicism, all they talk about in my Church is how they need money, money, money.

Wish I had the balls to tell my Mom that I believe there is a God but I don't really like being catholic or religious.
Don't know how to explain it, like I live in live fear of God but I really don't like Catholicism, all they talk about in my Church is how they need money, money, money.

Become like a Deist or something.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
My hype levels are unprecedented. Basically, nothing that happens in 2014 gaming-wise will be as exciting to me :(
I've been wondering what the character in your avatar's from. Short of a Dragon Quest or Yakuza localization, I can't see anything beating Trails in the Sky SC for 2014.

Jin, so hot. And then there's Kyo from KOF.

50ZtIiC.jpg

Actually, SNK has an insane amount of nicely designed male characters :p
I prefer Iori. I seem to like the psychos. I love, love, love his maniacal laughter during his desperation move. It's awesome.

I even like Saiki. Psycho and totally fabulous. Dat hair. Plus, he's super fun to use.

720358-t_kingf13_saiki_visio.jpg

RM8

I've been wondering what the character in your avatar's from. Short of a Dragon Quest or Yakuza localization, I can't see anything beating Trails in the Sky SC for 2014.
Dragon Quest Monsters would be super awesome for me too. In reality I'm super hyped for Smash Bros. too :p But MAN, MN9 is unrivaled. I'll multiple-dip so hard. I'm in love with the fact that it exists, and how it came to exist.

I prefer Iori. I seem to like the psychos. I love, love, love his maniacal laughter during his desperation move. It's awesome.

I even like Saiki. Psycho and totally fabulous. Dat hair. Plus, he's super fun to use.
Kyo is actually not my favorite or anything. Joe will forever be my SNK crush :p

He's basically the male Mai, lol. In XIII I main the 3 Muay Thai fighters Joe, Hwa Jai and super cool and classy King AKA best female design in any fighting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom