• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

I'm short-sighted, so I often eye-lock people that look even remotely similar to people I know, until we're quite close. If I was wrong, it's super awkward :p

My eyes are about - 3.5 and -4.00 .. so without my glasses I'm literally blind, can't see anything further than 30 cm

15-20 vision here baby

EDIT: fun fact for those who don't know (which seems unlikely since all gays on gaf are hella blind for some reason), the 20-20 vision thing actually represents two values: the first is your sight's perceived distance in meters, while the second is the actual distance. So, like, I see stuff that's 20 meters away as really being 15 meters away.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
15-20 vision here baby

EDIT: fun fact for those who don't know (which seems unlikely since all gays on gaf are hella blind for some reason), the 20-20 vision thing actually represents two values: the first is your sight's perceived distance in meters, while the second is the actual distance. So, like, I see stuff that's 20 meters away as really being 15 meters away.

I actually didn't know that. Thank you for educating me on this important matter.

Heading to a hipster gay bar tonight. I feel too mainstream for this!

Please tell me you're wearing suspenders, a flannel shirt and some chunky black glasses frames.

Hey guys, I'm super stoked right now. I'm currently in Seattle to tour the Digipen campus, and during the flight over here I met an employee of Retro Studios! We talked a lot about how the industry works, what projects he's worked on, and a few other things. I told him that I've always wanted to work there, and he said he'd later add me on Facebook if I ever need to contact him. He also gave me some tips on getting experience and stuff.

I'm contemplating whether I should make a thread on the Gaming side or not, because that may be a little inappropriate, I guess. I just needed to tell someone that the chances of landing my dream job have just shot up significantly. I haven't felt this happy in a long, long time! =D

As a side note, My left ear hasn't popped yet, so I'm practically half-deaf.

Hey guys, I'm super stoked right now. I'm currently in Seattle to tour the Digipen campus, and during the flight over here I met an employee of Retro Studios! We talked a lot about how the industry works, what projects he's worked on, and a few other things. I told him that I've always wanted to work there, and he said he'd later add me on Facebook if I ever need to contact him. He also gave me some tips on getting experience and stuff.

I'm contemplating whether I should make a thread on the Gaming side or not, because that may be a little inappropriate, I guess. I just needed to tell someone that the chances of landing my dream job have just shot up significantly. I haven't felt this happy in a long, long time! =D

As a side note, My left ear hasn't popped yet, so I'm practically half-deaf.

Yes but did he hit on you? :p

Yes but did he hit on you? :p

Not as far as I know lol. He did compliment me on my T-shirt, but I rarely go a day without someone doing that.

(He was a rather attractive guy, but I had something a bit more important on my mind when I was talking to him. Plus, I'm already seeing someone else.)

Bladenic

god damn

lady gaga overload D: I might as well try to enjoy it now that I'm stuck here at this club, but it is slowly making me want to scream in terror heh.

Yes I'm posting on GAF while in a club, this might show my desperation haha

Just let God in.

Lmao I changed my profile pic to Stephen Amell from Arrow on scruff and suddenly my messages are blowing up, from people nowhere near me too. Too funny (and also sad).

fernoca

Haven't been here lat...oh!
It gets better. Besides, people think scratching scruff is cute most of the time anyway.

Also, example of what I'm talking about with regards to silhouettes:

iq8oSK9cQvKt1.png
<3!
Less towel next time!! ;)
(Bonus points for the TV/black-bars/gaming side in-joke" XD)

BTW HBO just released a trailer for their new series about GAYZ omgomg (it's from the guy who made 'Weekend'!) omgomg

Link!11!!

Nice! Wasn't aware of it, keeping an eye out.

Earlier this year I checked out a book and it was about some teens with depression and stuff. There was a "Gay" character except the author had no idea how to make a gay character and used the fucking terrible "Oh wait lol I'm not actually gay1111!!" shit and it just pissed me off so much I dropped the book.

Like, if you're gonna have a gay character at least fucking carry on with the idea and don't use some shit plot twist just because you have no idea how to write a non-stereotypical gay.
Read 'Openly Straight' some months ago, and was pleasantly..surprised. I'm not much of a reader. But enjoyed the way it was written and the characters and settings. Is about an openly gay guy, that for him; been gay was ...normal. He came out "early", no problems, no bullying, no rejection, everybody accepted it normally, no issues, school was fine with it, even his mom became the president of a LGBT group.

So, he decided to change schools to a private school, at a different city, were noone knew he was gay; so he could just be "that guy", instead of "that gay guy". Really great. Wouldn't mind seeing it as a (well adapted) series or movie, there were lots of interesting characters and situations.

Oh! And I guess I fell for another (straight) guy!!...*sighs*
It sucks, like always. I've accepted that nothing will happen aside a good friendship, which is more than great with me. Since I need and want friends. Just that still sucks that the only guys that do show interest towards me, remember lots of details about me and worry about me too...are straight!

Looking forwards to what the new year will bring. Though with my mom suddenly passing away combined with my usual bad luck.... I can't help but be worried at my father, brother and even my dog; more than ever. :/

mantidor

Just let God in.

Lmao I changed my profile pic to Stephen Amell from Arrow on scruff and suddenly my messages are blowing up, from people nowhere near me too. Too funny (and also sad).

haha

It was basically Pop Gaf, the club, It even had Lana del Rey! and serious banter between my friends of why Lady Gaga was the new reference point of Pop and Madonna was outdated.

I had lots of fun, but I really can't do this every weekend, they only saving grace, musically-wise, was a Placebo song, which was enough to make up my night, after that I really didn't care how much trash pop I endured, and trust me I listen a lot of stuff like Nicky Minaj, At the end of the day, I listened to placebo, in an actual bar hehe, that alone paid the freaking cover to enter the place!

scarlet

They both hot :p

I removed it cuz it was getting ridiculous lol. Too bad, I wish I did look like that since I was getting messages from some ridiculously hot guys. Oh well.

Yeah, they both, but after saw Manu in Spartacus I can't say no to him hahaha.

His nude scenes are better than Amell's in Hung as Gigolo :p

Replicant

I think I'm kind of over having random sex with strangers. After hooking up with 2 different guys last week, I had a sad realization that this is not exactly what I want. The pre-hooking up rush is always exciting but post-coital usually leaves little to be desired. What I really want is a guy to go out or spend some nice quiet evening with.

So the question is, is it normal to contact guys you've had one-night stand with and see if they'd like to hang out? Or would that be awkward?

Speaking of hook-up apps, how do people 14513km away from me managed to seek me out? It always weirded me out when people ask me to unlock my private pictures only for me to find out that they are that far away from me. What are they going to do with the pictures? It's not like we'd ever hook-up due to distance.

Replicant

You're probably just THAT hot that they want more.

Ha! If it's that easy.....Even if they find me hot, I'm sure most think "There'll be someone hotter later on" so it's rare that anyone actually want to meet the same guy twice. Plus, as this is a hook-up app, understandably most guys are just there to get laid with different guys, which probably explains why they don't usually bother with follow-up. And I don't want to be the fool who start the unpopular trend. I've tried it once with one guy just saying "Hi how's things" after our hook-up and it's not fun when the other guy didn't reply back. In some ways, I get it: the business is over, we should go our separate ways. But the annoying thing is, he still occasionally checks out my profile.

Best friend's coming over for more, but this time my dad's in the house. He said he was very tired, so he'll probably be out like a light, but even so, I'm a little scared we'll get caught. And even that I wouldn't mind if I was completely sure my dad would be alright with my disposition, and I was sure for a great many years he would be, but after he asked "Is there something you want to tell me?", I said "no" and he said "good" when I invited my friend over while he was out with his own date, I have my doubts.

But fuck it. We'll see what happens.

scarlet

What I really want is a guy to go out or spend some nice quiet evening with.

This! But somehow i always fell for a jerk haha :(

So the question is, is it normal to contact guys you've had one-night stand with and see if they'd like to hang out? Or would that be awkward?

Totally okay

Speaking of hook-up apps, how do people 14513km away from me managed to seek me out? It always weirded me out when people ask me to unlock my private pictures only for me to find out that they are that far away from me. What are they going to do with the pictures? It's not like we'd ever hook-up due to distance.

Speaking of apps, people really need to stop sending their dick pics. Sometimes i just want conversation not a pic of your dick.

scarlet

Best friend's coming over for more, but this time my dad's in the house. He said he was very tired, so he'll probably be out like a light, but even so, I'm a little scared we'll get caught. And even that I wouldn't mind if I was completely sure my dad would be alright with my disposition, and I was sure for a great many years he would be, but after he asked "Is there something you want to tell me?", I said "no" and he said "good" when I invited my friend over while he was out with his own date, I have my doubts.

But fuck it. We'll see what happens.

What's wrong if your best friend visit your house?
By best friend you really mean a friend right?

What's wrong if your best friend visit your house?
By best friend you really mean a friend right?

We are merely friends, yes, but that didn't stop us having sex last week. We both know it's not a terribly intimate thing. As I told him, it's not like we ever kissed or anything. Just something to do every now and then.

scarlet

We are merely friends, yes, but that didn't stop us having sex last week. We both know it's not a terribly intimate thing. As I told him, it's not like we ever kissed or anything. Just something to do every now and then.

I'm confused now haha. No wonder you don't wanna your dad around xD

Bladenic

Ha! If it's that easy.....Even if they find me hot, I'm sure most think "There'll be someone hotter later on" so it's rare that anyone actually want to meet the same guy twice. Plus, as this is a hook-up app, understandably most guys are just there to get laid with different guys, which probably explains why they don't usually bother with follow-up. And I don't want to be the fool who start the unpopular trend. I've tried it once with one guy just saying "Hi how's things" after our hook-up and it's not fun when the other guy didn't reply back. In some ways, I get it: the business is over, we should go our separate ways. But the annoying thing is, he still occasionally checks out my profile.

How do you know someone's looking at your profile? What app is this?

Bladenic

Has anyone ever met someone other than a hookup for these things? Considering I've never done anything with a dude these apps are probably not for me, but since I'm not out and I live in a small town I don't have many options.

scarlet

If you want conversations/friends like me, it's kinda hard.
It seems there are lot of horny guys on those apps.
They never said hi and suddenly send you pics of their dick.
I live in small town too and not out (in this town) too, so yeah i feel you.

sphinx

the piano man
I recently uninstalled growlr but didn't care to delete my account/profile, I just uninstalled and assumed everything would be erased.

do I have to manually delete an account? anyone knows?

Bladenic

Haha I immediately send a dick pic whenever someone who I'm not interested in chats me up, but it tends to backfire. Kind of an asshole thing to do too, I should stop.

What makes it harder too is not having a default pic of myself since some dudes I went to HS have the app. Speaking off, if I block someone am I completely invisible to them? Someone blocked me on scruff because he was mad my default was Stephen Amell but I could still see profile.

scarlet

Haha I immediately send a dick pic whenever someone who I'm not interested in chats me up, but it tends to backfire. Kind of an asshole thing to do too, I should stop.

What makes it harder too is not having a default pic of myself since some dudes I went to HS have the app. Speaking off, if I block someone am I completely invisible to them? Someone blocked me on scruff because he was mad my default was Stephen Amell but I could still see profile.

Send yours to me, i'll make an exception
jk

Block your HS friend and use your own pic.
If you block someone, they can't see you. But you still can see them.

I am one of those weird people that likes attention but simultaneously hates being hit on, I'm not really sure what it is.

I hate you.
I don't mind being hit on if i like them too.
When i was abroad, i wrote on my profile for friendship/chats and few people keep asking if i wanna have sex with them. Urgh.

Dany

Banned
I want to know when the gov. of Illiniois is going to sign the bill to leagalize gay marriage. I want a good reason to go to boystown and let loose

wtzgU.gif

scarlet

I want to know when the gov. of Illiniois is going to sign the bill to leagalize gay marriage. I want a good reason to go to boystown and let loose

wtzgU.gif

llinois Gov. Pat Quinn, a major proponent of the state's marriage equality legislation, will sign the bill into law by the end of the month. The law will go into effect June 1, 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom