• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

I'm playing KH1.5 (1 specifically) and SMT4. It's a nice balance of an old game that is still great and also fueling my nostalgic sentiments and a brand new game from a series I haven't played (beside Persona 3/4). SMT4 is really good too. Not even close to as hard as I had heard, but then I'm only 16 hours in.

Poor Assassin's Creed 4, ain't getting any. I may just restart on the PS4, I wasn't that far in my PS3 play through.

This game has kept me up until 5am twice. It's so good!

Also, HII! Just dropping by wishing you guys and gals a nice December/winter/holidays!
CumIikV.gif

Indeed, you aint see nothing yet
This game is totally a blast indeed. Still going hard through it and oh my lordy...
tumblr_mdjtvg7Pn61qcbk34o3_r1_250.gif

This game keeps on delivering

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just burned an entire package of bacon and now I'm left with a pile of black cinders. fuck fuck fuck #RatskyIsAFailure

Also, HII! Just dropping by wishing you guys and gals a nice December/winter/holidays!
CumIikV.gif

<3

Thanks! Happy December/winter/holidays to you (and everyone else) too!

Caladrius

I know but I really hate doing that with games :|

If there was a legitimate element of difficulty to what you're trying to skip, I would agree. But some things just meritr skipping

Likewise.

I'm playing KH1.5 (1 specifically) and SMT4. It's a nice balance of an old game that is still great and also fueling my nostalgic sentiments and a brand new game from a series I haven't played (beside Persona 3/4). SMT4 is really good too. Not even close to as hard as I had heard, but then I'm only 16 hours in.

Poor Assassin's Creed 4, ain't getting any. I may just restart on the PS4, I wasn't that far in my PS3 play through.

What difficulty are you playing 1 on? I'm on FM: proud and getting my ass kicked in Halloween Town.

I can't wait to revisit KH II Final Mix.

Sagitario

Indeed, you aint see nothing yet
This game is totally a blast indeed. Still going hard through it and oh my lordy...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/247b766c398794d72c74fb7232bbff34/tumblr_mdjtvg7Pn61qcbk34o3_r1_250.gif
This game keeps on delivering
Can't wait for what's next. Got to Star World last night, I am loving the Galaxy references and touches. And it's hard without being frustrating [yet].

<3
PMIfJxe.gif

So that means you haven't slept? You never say hi any more.
DoQj1uJ.gif
I haven't slept a lot lately, that's true :(
Outside of Twitter, I'm not spending a lot of time online lately .__.

I love this thread. You have to be the nicest group I'd seen in a while.

Also, is anyone else here bi? I feel left out in a lot of these threads because I'm a hardcore gamer, bi, and I don't really seem to play a lot of the games other LGBT people play. (Ok...I played Pokemon and Animal crossing but only for a bit!)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also, is anyone else here bi? I feel left out in a lot of these threads because I'm a hardcore gamer, bi, and I don't really seem to play a lot of the games other LGBT people play. (Ok...I played Pokemon and Animal crossing but only for a bit!)

A ton of people in this thread are bi! Me, Sai kun, Dead Man, Aarglefarg, Bladenic and I don't remember who else are all bi.

Grakl

Hardcore gamer

Pokemon is hardcore yo

I'm not bi, but I'm always playing something.

I'm going through RE6 (PC) yet again to help a friend find the serpent emblems and SMTIV is in my 3DS. And if you ever need help in L4D2 Expert/Realism (again, PC), I'm your man.

Bladenic

What difficulty are you playing 1 on? I'm on FM: proud and getting my ass kicked in Halloween Town.

I can't wait to revisit KH II Final Mix.

Just Normal for now. I'm probably going for Platinum so I'm going to get to Proud next.

Oh and I'm bi too.

I think. Maybe.

Caladrius

Just Normal for now. I'm probably going for Platinum so I'm going to get to Proud next.

Oh and I'm bi too.

I think. Maybe.

You probably did this already but pick the shield when you start the game. Second chance doesn't come until hideously late otherwise, and even with the shield it doesn't come until level 36.

daripad

This game has kept me up until 5am twice. It's so good!

CumIikV.gif

Have a good time sagitario! My best wishes for all of you guys

Also, enjoy your game, I'm jelly.

It's over.
They stopped I am so happy right now omfg

Anyway I bought Super Paper Mario and Sin and Punishment: Star Successor yesterday so yeah I'm finally using my Wii

lol If I was you I would have put my own music that loud.

And good purchases, I haven't played them and I don't even have my Wii anymore. Enjoy them.

Yes, we are very nice until someone says something stupid like I have done lately :(

I'm bi.
Ambidexter :p

And I finally got a game: Animal Crossing New Leaf. Is there anyone here still playing it? What do you recommend me? I have never played an Animal Crossing game, I'm going to lose that virginity tonight

Bladenic

The late game is going to be very rough for you I'm afraid. The Dream Rod makes it so you don't get Second Chance until level 90. (The game ends you at the early-mid 60's.)

I've played the game many times and done everything before, it won't be that bad. Level 90 is a little astronomical though, I don't recall it being so late in the original.

Caladrius

I've played the game many times and done everything before, it won't be that bad. Level 90 is a little astronomical though, I don't recall it being so late in the original.

It wasn't. It used to be level 48 for the dream Rod.(Dream Sword formerly got it last at level 56.) They changed the levels you acquire most of the abilities at in the Final Mix. Here's the list for reference:

http://www.khwiki.net/Abilities_%28KH%29

Footnotes 3, 5 and 8 are for the shield, rod and sword in the original and 4, 6, and 7 are for the shield, sword and rod for the Final Mix.

Some of the changes they made don't make a lick of damned sense. They learned their lesson for 2 FM and left the abilities learned by level-up mostly untouched from vanilla.

Maybe hardcore gamer isn't what I meant to say in that previous post. What I mean to say is it seems like a lot of the vocal gays online play very similar games, or are more widely accepted if they play certain games in certain groups.

Just looking at /r/gaymers you'll see (typically) mostly stuff about Pokemon, RPGs, Final Fantasy, MMOs and those kinds of games. Where as I tend to enjoy lots of other genres more than most RPG games.

So to finish my tale of my fucking piece of shit neighbours.
I ended up opening the window and turning up my speakers to the max, then played songs from a band called Pierce the Veil and I think they got the message.

They weren't gonna stop, and it was fucking 5 PM. I don't care if they're mad, I'm just glad they were sober enough to understand that their singing was horseshit.

mantidor

And I finally got a game: Animal Crossing New Leaf. Is there anyone here still playing it? What do you recommend me? I have never played an Animal Crossing game, I'm going to lose that virginity tonight

It's going to consume your life, it starts so innocent, so dumb, a couple of weeks later you are watering flowers at midnight (which I did just about now :p)

Hang on the official thread, there are plenty of people still playing it.

Crayons

Banned
I'm using Duolingo to learn Spanish and it's really hard. The whole masc/fem thing is really confusing. :/

How?

Well, no matter what, don't give up. Think of it as a language that will allow you to learn other languages much easier. I'm not good at speaking Spanish, but I'm good at understanding it. As a result, I can read Portuguese and buy stuff from Nuuvem with ease. I actually didn't even realize it was in Portuguese the first time.

I find Spanish boring though.

Crayons

Banned
He's most likely talking about either how objects have designated masculine or feminine endings and surrounding words have to be conjugated accordingly or why groups are automatically referred to in the masculine if they have any males in them.

serious.gif

I know what he's talking about, I just don't see how it's difficult.

mantidor

I'm using Duolingo to learn Spanish and it's really hard. The whole masc/fem thing is really confusing. :/

It's a lot of memorization, fortunately there are some common patterns (if it ends in "a" is usually feminine, if it ends in "o" it usually is masculine) but even those have exceptions, so you just have to read a lot and expect to make many mistakes as you learn.

The worst part about gender is that you think it's kept consistent across the other romance languages, it's not, when I learned portuguese I had to relearn genres.

And there's is also the nasty rule of "beautification" of certain words to make it sound more "elegant". So you have "agua" (water) which is feminine, but uses the masculine pronoun, "el", so a phrase like "el(masculine) agua esta fria(feminine)" is actually correct, "la agua" can end up being "lagua" and people who made the rules didn't really like that so they used "el". If it's plural, you use the feminine pronoun "las aguas" the idea is to avoid two "a" next to each other.

Those are rare, I can only remember "alma" and "hambre" of the top of my head, words that begin with "a" sound (not all of them though, "armadura" doesn't do this).

So yeah... just practice a lot, there is no other way to learn.

I know what he's talking about, I just don't see how it's difficult.

What is your native language?

Bladenic

Yeah I find Spanish really easy to learn and even easier to understand, but that's because my native language is a Romance language.

Delio

The Bi ranks are EXPANDING.

Sigh i want a cute nerdy bf to cuddle with before valentines. Is that to much to ask for?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well, no matter what, don't give up.

I won't give up! I will persevere!

He's most likely talking about either how objects have designated masculine or feminine endings and surrounding words have to be conjugated accordingly or why groups are automatically referred to in the masculine if they have any males in them.

Yeah, it's weird. I'm disheartened to learn that Spanish conforms to the herterofascist gender binary dynamic that has wreaked havoc upon society for centuries. I was hoping it would be more like Swedish, where everything is gender neutral.

So yeah... just practice a lot, there is no other way to learn.

I will. I'm sure it will take me a really long time to get things down, but all I can do is keep at it. I'm sure I'll be able to get this shit through my thick skull eventually.

No thank you.

It will change your life! It's really good. imo

I feel like AC NL is one of those games you have to play when you have.. nothing else to play. It's a very time consuming game.
Since you're just starting, shake trees for some easy bells to start you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom